KISTLER INSTRUMENT CORP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great if you're management, too bad if you're not
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 3, 2017
This company is Swiss/German and if you're working for them in the U.S. you are a second class citizen.

Managers almost all come from other countries and don't care much for service employees.
Excellent Company to Work For!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 12, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most friendly company that I have worked in. Working here you have professional, hard working, top notch colleagues to work with that challenge and help you be your best.
Pros
Kistler focuses on promoting from within for open postions
Cons
Kistler is in a growth phase so you wear a lot of hats to get things done.
Advanced products with lack of knowladge.
Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 21, 2015
I learned a lot regarding vibration, accelerometers, piezoceramic - mostly thanks to myself.
Quality and manufacturing issues seem to be not resolved.
Can be very enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Very advanced products with high technology
Cons
Poor management communication
Fun place to work
"A" Technician / Cable Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 15, 2013
• Assembled with the aid of a binocular microscope.
• 6 1/2 years’ experience in Fabrication and assembly of small electro-mechanical devices.
• Assembled products involving mechanical assembly, soldering, resistance welding, and adhesive bonding.
• Prepared parts including cleaning, labeling, and protective packaging.
Pros
Enjoyed the people i worked with
Cons
No Cons
Enjoyed my time there, but new management messed up a good thing.
Product Manager - Plastics Instrumentation (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 27, 2013
A world class company with a world class product. I was largely responsible for establishing their North Amewrican market, and with my background the result was a 300% increase in sales over my 11-year tenure. I learned great deal about intracies of the plastics injection molding business from the Swiss parent company. The most difficult part of the job was some of the older, European attitudes toward probnlem solving. This wasn't all the time, but would ocassionally slow down getting customers the help that they needed.
Pros
good compensation and flexible scheduling relative to personal life.
Cons
in my last two years there was a new president, who was best at smoke and mirrors, and as such his methodology led to internal strife which resulted in a lot of good folks leaving.