Kitchell Corporation Employee Reviews

Definitely not about the people!
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
Heavily paid at the top and does not care about lower management. Heavy turn over in the past few years. Please don't think about complaining to anyone in Upper management you will fall on deaf ears.
This company has no vision, not willing to change, no fresh ideas because they won't hire anyone that might pass them up.
Pros
PTO
Cons
CEO, Benefits, pay
Big let down
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
Tout family atmosphere but it in an incestuous environment. The leaders are willing to go along ignoring issues to remain popular with the CEO.
Benefits
Cons
Poorly lead at the top, long timers do not accept new people
Solid Company
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 8, 2015
Nice to work for owners in a growing field of construction managers. Company has a very transparent policy for all of the employees.
Lip service to safety, transparency, and job quality
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMarch 11, 2015
Emphasis is placed on speed at the cost of safety and quality. Bonuses support quick work while the specs, safe and proper methods, and other product requirements fly out the window. Anyone who stands too hard on safety or proper installation is either disregarded, moved to other projects, or terminated. Obviously not all management falls into a single bucket, but most of the influential ones do. I was sorely disappointed in this company as a mid-level employee. The benefits were fabulous and the rhetoric was impressive, but the reality was a let down.
Pros
Benefits, prestige, project size
Cons
Lack of concern for fundamentals
Family atmoshere and fun to work at.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2014
The most recent project we completed we worked together in order to see the project to completion, despite deficiencies from the architect. I had great mentors in a Senior PM and Superintendent that i gained alot of knowledge from.
Pros
Four day work weeks onsite.
Cons
One has to have tough skin.
Poor Management
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2014
Poor salary and management lacks leadership. Does not pay on-call, retirement is a joke.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Many different departments to work within and enjoyed producing materials that were requested. I enjoyed that people I worked with each day!
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS- PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2014
Each day brought many e-mails to respond to, with requests and perhaps a problem that I always made certain was resolved, along with phone calls.

I was available to many people with their requests and changes to their projects and kept track of all input to see the project through to completion. I learned that once again I had to prove myself to those in the department that I was part of and to develop working relationships with many others, that when I first arrived at Kitchell they seemed to resent my roll. It was wonderful to see how they eventually responded to my support of their needs to get the job done.

I had direct contact with the CEO/President, HR, accounting, heads of departments and many co-workers. I was in charge, along with my direct managers direction, of making the Communications Department a reality, In 60 plus years that Kitchell had been in business they never had a Communication Department. I took existing office furnishings and worked with an outside vendor in doing the layout for the space.

I was very well received and after five years of a working relationship it was decided that due to the economy at that time the that the Communications Department be dissolved! That was the hardest part of the job. Having to leave knowing there were many projects not completed. It was a sad time and yet I have created other opportunities for myself and look forward to what is next!!

And my former manager of the Communications Department is a very dear friend!!
Pros
It is a good company to work for!
Cons
None to comment on!
Wonderful organization. Lots of training and advancement opportunities.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Koloa, HIMay 18, 2014
Loved working here. Would recommend to anyone. The leadership and support for the employees is outstanding and the project are technically challenging and rewarding to be a part of.
Pros
High level of professionalism and quality.
Cons
Work load can be heavy.
Excellent company to work for.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 1, 2014
A typical day would include: performing general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining on-site employee new-hire paperwork and insurance records, perform basic bookkeeping tasks as needed, answering and directing phone calls to appropriate persons.

Ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with OSHA regulations.

Prepare invoices, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing and excel spreadsheets.

Greet contractors and sub-contractors with a positive attitude and direct to appropriate person for any questions, updates or concerns.

Type contracts for contractors and sub-contractors.

Bank deposits for payments.

Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.

Customer relations with project owners.
Pros
Excellent company to work for. Positive and empowering supervisors, great pay and benefits and opportunity for continued education and advancement.
Cons
I enjoyed most every part of my position.
eh
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJanuary 8, 2014
ok not great not bad.

not very good at on boarding to team.

too quiet

too slow
Pros
nice
Cons
impersonal
Great Team Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2013
The environment was focused on feeling like you were a meaningful component of the team culture.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 29, 2013
Diverse company with multiple resources for development and training
An excellent, professional company with high family values and a desire to do what's right.
Assistant Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2013
In my experience Kitchell has always put high values on positive workplace environment and good teamwork.
People are nice
Field Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2012
• Provides administrative support for a busy construction field office at the Solano Community College. Provides project and administrative support to program manager, project managers, project engineers, and clients. Coordinates and organizes on- and off-site meetings. Word processing, editing, reproducing, binding, and sending correspondence, documents, and reports for program manager and project managers. Answering phones and directing calls to appropriate personnel. Creates and maintains filing systems for program manager and project managers. Creates spreadsheets and inserts them into documents for public release. Creates and maintains confidential filing systems. Delivers products to clients when necessary and any general office duties as required.
Pros
the team i work with.
benefits
Great company
SAFETY SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2012
I very much enjoyed my time with this company. I was offered a position at the home office but my wife and I didn't want to move to Arizona.
Pros
everthing was great
Aimless
Recruited Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMay 3, 2012
Transfer of leadership is the company motto, and it trickles down.
Many policies and educational programs are geared to the uneducated, which is the hiring trend, as they want to pay the least.

Company contracts stipulate Arbitration, which is a lower cost than Litigation.
I would recommend Kitchell CEM as an employer or as a project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco / San Jose peninsulaNovember 29, 2011
I found Kitchell to be an excellent employer. They provided very good service to their clients over the entire cradle to grave life of each project we were in charge of. I wish I would've stayed instead of going for the greener grass.
Pros
financially sound, good people
Cons
none worth mentioning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchell Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9