Kitchen Collection Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and enjoyable work enviroment
Monitor sales activities (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day includes counting the drawer and restocking product as customers purchase items. Basic store cleaning is required every shift. Customer service includes assisting customers in finding the correct item for their requirements and performing returns and exchanges. Good work environment. Poor diversity with the management staff.
Pros
Varied products and interesting customer requests
Cons
Poor hours and lack of diversity in staff
Kitchen Collection
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of stocking shelves and making sure that all the products from the deliveries were on the sales floor. Working one on one with customers to help them in anyway in finding the right products. If I wasn't working the sales floor I was working in the back unloading the merchandise from the truck.

I learned about the products that we were selling and I honed my social skills and sales abilities.

Management was wonderful, some later became my friends. They cared deeply for their employees and the happiness of their customers.

The majority of the coworkers were great. There were a couple that they hired that turned out to be a couple of bad apples but they didn't last there too long.

The hardest part of the job was the occasional difficult customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such good people.
typical oulet mall job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIApril 23, 2016
A typical day consists of assisting customers, ringing up sales, pricing and stocking merchandise, straightening and cleaning the store every night. One of the keyholders was married to the store manager, and the key holder acted as if he were the boss as well. But other than that, it was a decent place to work if you didn't have to work with the boss' husband.
Pros
works around school schedules
Cons
management is related to each other
Nice place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJuly 17, 2016
Productive and enjoyable workplace. I learned a lot about store operations and management. We had both great employees and customers. I enjoyed working there. Unfortunately, our store was closed.
Pros
Flexible work hours, friendly environment
Cons
Lots of paperwork required by home office.
Regional Mgrs. are inept!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYMarch 10, 2016
Hired on as store manager, regional's assistant "trained" me for 2 weeks. Most of the time he was on the phone with managers from other stores. I inherited staff from previous manager that had passed on and they were left to manage themselves for 5 months. Of course overtime was through the roof and when I took over, I was like the new sheriff in Dodge. Once I got past the staffing issues, we were issued a new regional manager. This one was friends with one of the employees and stayed at her house during store visits which I find extremely inappropriate. She also talked about who was getting fired at home office, again, inappropriate. She came unannounced one day on my day off, rearranged the store, constantly berated me the next day when I came in, and since she was the golden child at the home office, I had no recourse and quit immediately. Would never work there again. Absolute nightmare.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Crummy upper management
educational place to work with kitchen wares
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 17, 2016
Provided an excellent opportunity to learn extensive information on kitchen wares. Enjoyed working with the co workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not offered enough hours
Love Love Love
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 12, 2016
I loved working Kitchen Collections, its a great retail job, super easy for those with little to no job experience. they do hire at age 16.
but other than that it is a fantastic job.
Pros
easy
Cons
minor lifting
A nice and great Place to work.
Fourth Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This was a great place to work. I loved the people I worked with and I would of loved to stay at this job but they cut hours so bad that I couldn't even afford to go to work. This might not be the case with other Kitchen Collection stores. Other than that it really is a great place to work. The way they do things is a little goofy but everybody is different in the way they do things.
Pros
Got a pretty decent discount on store items. Really awesome if you like to cook.
Cons
Working alone at night by yourself, There were almost alway two people all day long but night shift works by themselves.
Relaxed Retail
4th Key (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 19, 2016
Working with the Kitchen Collection has been a fair experience. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun. Slow-paced, too much so for my liking overall.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXApril 23, 2016
Typically moving around a lot of inventory. Doing a lot of heavy lifting. Most enjoyable part of the day are the customers.
managers should have more control
former Manager (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 3, 2016
worked for this company for 6 1/2 years, stated as sales associate, quickly advanced to key holder, then assistant manager, then manager.
my second year of being a manager, two of my staff members, conspired against me, because they felt scheduling was unfair, they told out right lies about me, I was unable to fire these employees due to ?????.. I gave my noticed and left, the issue is plain and simple when your a manager of a store, and you have staff members creating problems you have no control in them being fired, but are asked to continue to work with these employees, who could ruin your inventory, steal, or just basically tell lies to other mall employees, while the manager takes the fall for the store. Managers should have more say in who is entitled to stay when there is troubled employees in the store they are in trusted to run. And I was asked by district managers to stay and run the store, I declined, & still these employees where telling others employees of the mall I was fired, When I did quit 5 staff members of mine also quit also,
Pros
great Mall
Cons
Rouge Employees
Great Workplace with all kinds of interesting people to meet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 20, 2015
I learned how to check is shipments from warehouse and outside deliveries. The customers were always interesting, especially being close to Washington, DC.
Pros
Great cohesiveness with co-workers.
Cons
Holiday's were really busy, so you didn't have much break time.
Friendly
Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 9, 2015
This was my first experience as a manager. I was really young, but it was a joyous experience. It was super relaxing, but very interesting learning all of the types of different gadgets.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
Decent, was a basic management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 25, 2015
Easy to get into, but horrible management above store level. Ranges from super busy days to slow as molasses days. But all in all not the worse place to work at
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Making customers feel welcome,making sure they leave satisfied.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Byron, GASeptember 2, 2015
Very busy, none stop environment,we believed in great teamwork,but by economy under pressure,sales decreased,so the store had to close.Miss that company,great,exiting place to work.
Pros
INVENTORY, CUSTOMERS, AND CO-WORKERS
Cons
PAY, SALARY, AND CUT BACKS
Outlet based retail chain
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHAugust 24, 2015
The job itself was great. However upper management seemed involved in too many internal power struggles that would effect store operations and lead to many policy changes in a short amount of time.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
My average work week was about 70 hrs.
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 13, 2015
Every day was different, dealt with many Spanish speaking customers. Had 5 workers under me. I enjoyed showing customers the new gadgets that would make cooking easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Got to practice my spanish.
Cons
Spanish speaking customer seems more demanding.
Fun products. Awful management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 28, 2015
the products themselves were a blast to work with and sell. However the employees and the managers were rude to the customers and had a bad work ethic. they hardly worked at all.
Pros
fun products. Good first experience with up selling.
Cons
bad work ethics all around.
working with the public
Store manager,special projects (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJ.main office is in chillicothe ohioMay 14, 2015
they no longer offer insurance nor do they have any advancement -the 1st 4 years were great seems the company is failing .i used to travel and build new stores and take down stores now its just closing stores '' i got laid off - i worked hard and long hours at times but loved it--new ceo's that left now but left this company hurting there are still people there that hurt this company -my day was to open the store stock from back make sure food is rotated always smiling and help every customer(guest ) to the fullest 'which i loved -also did reports for the day and banking .i loved my team and my customers .
Pros
travel building from bottom up hiring crew etc
Cons
health care, closing of stores
Pretty nice place to work for the most part
Supervisor/2nd key-holder (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 18, 2015
I was primarily a cashier, but I also restocked, used Plan-O-Grams
My favorite part of the job was talking with the customers about kitchen appliances/gadgets
The hardest parts of the job was unloading a large truck with over 100 boxes of product, alone! and doing the paperwork ( and that was only difficult because the training was poor)
Got along well with the co-workers, only thing is one of them talked about her personal life entirely too much
The manager and I got along well also, but she ran errands and did personal things on company time (which I disapproved of)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Collection. Our community is ready to answer.