Kitchen Collection

Kitchen Collection United States Employee Reviews

Pretty nice place to work for the most part
Supervisor/2nd key-holder (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 18, 2015
I was primarily a cashier, but I also restocked, used Plan-O-Grams
My favorite part of the job was talking with the customers about kitchen appliances/gadgets
The hardest parts of the job was unloading a large truck with over 100 boxes of product, alone! and doing the paperwork ( and that was only difficult because the training was poor)
Got along well with the co-workers, only thing is one of them talked about her personal life entirely too much
The manager and I got along well also, but she ran errands and did personal things on company time (which I disapproved of)
productive and fun workplace
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 12, 2015
Very minimal work required, the atmosphere was worker friendly. Management was not well trained and seemed to be confused at times on what was going on. The location was placed in the mall so it was unusually busy.
Fun and nice employes
Sales associate (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHMarch 29, 2015
Typical weekend day is busy at points and slow at others,
Not many complaints about products,
Large tourist population
Productive and fun workplace, tons of great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Durango, COMarch 8, 2015
Pros: cheap kitchen gadgets
Cons: was in the middle of an outlet mall
An average day at Kitchen Collection involved interacting with customers, making sales, asking questions to the customers, straightening merchandise, and washing windows. The management was incredibly helpful getting me stated and teaching me how to work the register. I would recommend this job to anyone who does not mind mixing work and play.
Wonderful place to work
3rd key holder (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHMarch 4, 2015
Helped customers, learned how to handle tough customers, managers were wonderful, I enjoyed everything about the job
Employees and customers
I served as the manager (Former Employee), Huntington Mall Barboursville WVMarch 3, 2015
My employees made it fun to work with them, the customers either made us smile or we made them. Customer service was A+. Never had a dull moment, customer relationship was a priority for my team. Great service keeps them coming back
Established Kitchen Product Retailer
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tilton, NHFebruary 15, 2015
An exciting, fast-paced business in the kitchen industry. Small stores with many skus. Provides excellent and knowledgeable customer service.
great emoloyer
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHFebruary 3, 2015
I always had a great time meeting customers. You never knew what neat stuff would come in off the truck! Its a great place to work and learn about kitchen products,
It was a good college job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: wages, employee discount, coworkers
Cons: upper level management, inconsistent home office
I enjoyed working for Kitchen Collection overall. I loved my coworkers and the merchandise we sold. However, I felt overlooked when it came to upper level management even though I was at the company for several years. It seemed like they were only looking to find what we did wrong at the store level instead of what we did right.
Great place to work, fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: reasonble hours, good pay, 30 min to hour lunches, vacation possible
Cons: lack of full benefits, no full time positions except for store manager
Kitchen Collection is a wonderful place to work, especially when you get to work with such a great team of people like I have. The rate of pay is acceptable for the amount of work expected and the work days go by pretty well so long as the mall/outlet you're in stays busy! The people working at the home office are all very nice and are quick to respond with questions. The only issues I've noticed is the lack of clarity with some POG stuff and a few policies, but nothing major.
Fun place to work, Customer friendly, great people
Store Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working in a beautiful upscale shopping center
Cons: lack of shopping trafic in said shopping center
Working at Le Gourmet Chef was a pleasure. We had an amazing support system with our Home Office and distribution center. Our product assortment a joy to sell. We had many regular Customers and formed many relationships.
I enjoyed every day. My co workers were long time employees. During the time with LGC The most trying part of the job was the daily sampling and keeping it clean and fresh. It was hard to keep on eye on all sample stations as there were so many and some people were not very hygenic in their habits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was our Customers. It is always a pleasure to help someone find what they are looking for or to introduce them to a better product
laid back and easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Commerce, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: short breaks
opened and closed store
customer service
stocked and cleaned
inventory
unloaded trucks
daily and weekly packages
Easy place to work once gotten the hang of
customer service (Former Employee), Centralia, WAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: steady hours
Cons: nothing to say
It was always a fun and enjoyable place to work. seeing regular customers day to day and learning what they want was always a fun thing.
Nice place
Retail Assistant Manager/Third Key (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great manager, lots of customer interaction, nice schedule
Cons: new regional managers not understanding, not able to transfer
Worked for this company off and on for 16 years. My store had a close family feeling structure and we cared for each other. great customer interaction and product knowledge with company. loading and unloading trucks could have been difficult at times but mostly it was the location of the docks. Wish I was able to transfer to other locations when my location was closed
different
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 25, 2014
Never did retail work before, but was fun. Management was more than happy to train for many different parts of the job. Most of the day was spent restocking and organizing product. Staff was very nice.
Not really worth it
Fourth Key Holder (Current Employee), Aurora, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: 20% employee discount
I started working here a year and a half. At the time it was nice and the coworkers were fantastic. By the time I hit my one year mark I was never notified that I was eligible for my vacation that I had earned, I haven't had any paid holiday or a raise and they offer NO benefits. The regional management doesn't know how to do their job. And their mistakes cost whoever works at store level. It's not as good as it looks and everyone that works in my store is miserable now. We are understaffed at our busiest time of year and sometimes we don't have proper coverage to get a peaceful break.
Was Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHDecember 3, 2014
Was awesome place to work. Co Workers were incredible. Made some of the best friends of my life.
Great team to work with and for.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Blowing Rock, NCNovember 30, 2014
Flexible scheduling, coworkers work well together. Management leads by example.
Very poor company from top to bottom.
Store Manager (Current Employee), n/aNovember 14, 2014
Don't work here! Low pay. Horrible upper management. Worked to death if you're salary. Ignorant company that gets rid of anything good. Cheap junk for products. Doesn't offer health insurance. Completely backwards with regards to technology. Doesn't care about its employees or its customers.
Retail
Store Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 11, 2014
Controlling all aspects of running this retail store has been very educational and great learning experience. I manage up to 6 employees.

1 2 3 4

About Kitchen Collection

Chefs on a shoestring¬†look to The Kitchen Collection (KC) to¬†get the name-brand products they want, without the name-brand price. – Read more

Kitchen Collection Salaries