KLA-Tencor

KLA-Tencor Employer Reviews

Worst bosses you will ever get at this position of Supply Chain Administrative Assistant and Program Coordinator
Supply Chain Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 9, 2014
Cons: tremendous workload and insulting bosses
I worked as a Supply Chain Administrative Assistant and Program Coordinator and then transferred to another department. The bosses Matt Schafle and Jesse Pizelo were very insulting and rude to the employees. They gave me tons of work and expected me to stay overtime to finish projects. I was overwhelmed with tremendous workload. Somehow, I got an opportunity – more... to work at SanDisk across the street. Good luck to you! – less
Productive, educational and fun work enviroment
Associate Test Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 5, 2014
Started my day by gowning up in a class 100 clean room. The rest of my day varied from aligning, testing and troubleshooting different optical equipment.
Good Place to Start a Career
Financial Analyst III (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 6, 2014
Good place to start out of school in Corporate finance. Great learning opportunities, awesome people, but mature, "old tech" industry
Wasn't happy
Lead Test Engineer/Small Projects Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: employment and experience
Cons: no free time
Expected to put work ahead of family, managers couldn't stand up for employees for fear of it coming back to them, compensation was minimal, raises were minimal, minimal advancement.
Good company with Traditional work culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 18, 2014
KLA is good company with security. Work changes as per divisions. It is mixture of new and old employees and so does the culture too.
Overall , good place to start with.
It is a great place to start and work
SALES OPERATIONS ADMINITRATION (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 17, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure at KT and learned a lot. It was because of their constant support, guidance and encouragement that I was able to perform my duties. I have gained considerable knowledge from each and every one here. This is a great company full of very bright and motivated people.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: it was productive and great experience.
fun workplace
Import Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: motivational rewards
Cons: short breaks
My daily job required me to communicate with our international partners on different computer parts that they will be sending or ordering from us. I have required the skills to classify different computer parts and compliance measures of US Customs. The manangement is awesome as they know not only to train but as well to motivate the employees. The – more... most difficult part of my work is to cope up with new rules and regulations of US Customs . The most enjoyable part is brainstorming with the team on new computer parts. – less
Exceptional reputation for providing technical support and training to diverse groups by providing successful trouble-shooting and problem solving
Sr. Mechanical CAD Design Engineer R&D (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 25, 2014
·Complete system design, integrating spectroscopic wafer scan stage.
·Complete design of robotic wafer handling system.
·Designed frame Weldments, Optics plates, Computer Racks and all panels and doors to complete sys.
·Assembly drawings and complete Bill of Materials in SolidWorks-12, experienced in EPDM
Sometimes very intense
Manufacturing Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaDecember 21, 2013
Learned a lot about the ins and outs of production. As the supervisor of the electronics department it was setting work schedules, ensuring all assemblies and parts were available. Ensuring all proper testing was completed and the assemblies were ready for production requirements. Ensuring a good inventory by determining the parts required. As manufacturing – more... engineer assisted in the development of new products, writing testing procedures and integrating them into the production line. – less
Productive and fun workplace, coworkers a job to work with.
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Milpitas, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: temp assignment
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the employees. Joining the team was a smooth process, all were welcoming and helpful.
diverse job load
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: working in a clean room
working with semiconductor is enjoyable for me, and build Hi Tech wafer machine was very challenging and interesting.
Exceptional work environment
EXECUTIVE MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: this company took care of their employees
Cons: the con of this job was that this was a temp position
A typical day at work here was exciting. I learned to work hard with reward. The management was awesome and friendly. The co-workers were team players. The hardest part of this job was when the work day came to an end. I enjoyed everyday here.
Cutting-Edge Technology for monitoring the Semiconductor fabrication process
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 16, 2013
At KLA-Tencor, I learned and taught Applications on the CD-SEM: a superbly designed scanning electron microscope used to check feature size (Critical Dimension), such as line widths on customer semiconductor products.

I was also a Technical Instructor covering two different types of optical-based tools (multi-million dollar systems). The first checked – more... semiconductor products' film thickness at various stages during fabrication using Dual-Beam Spectroscopy and Spectroscopic Ellipsometry. The second platform which I learned and later developed weeks of advanced maintenance and repair training on was called AIT. The AIT is also an amazingly elegant tool that could very rapidly find microscopic defects of any kind on customer wafers using an Argon laser (& optics), an Air-bearing Stage and several extremely sensitive detectors coupled to a computer that would sense Die-to-Die differences and call them out.

As was true later at Accuray, I am passionate about understanding high-tech systems such as these and helping a trainee to learn everything they can and feel confident when they go out to work in the field. – less
OK company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: you are expected to work overtime constantly
OK company if you want a stable job.
Limited career growth especially in engineering function.
Very good work/life balance
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 15, 2013
Very good work/life balance. Good management, good experience for Finance folks. Lot of wide variety of experience. Just the growth part was missing a little.
I worked as a staff software engineer
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 6, 2013
I worked as a staff software engineer and product marketing engineer for the software group of KLA-Tencor.
Highly Technical and challengin position
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CaOctober 24, 2012
• The work environment was highly diverse.
• Management was highly involved with everyday issues.
• Coworkers were always willing to help and very knowledgeable.
• The campus was nice, clean, many amenities such as a cafeteria and gym. Other benefits included location for commuting and access to public transportation.
• One of the drawbacks to the position – more... was the amount of travel required. – less
Very successful company that takes care of its employees
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Westwood, MASeptember 26, 2012
Very successful company that takes care of its employees. Nice benefits and bonuses.
Depends on which department you work for
IT (Former Employee), Milpitas, caAugust 20, 2012
Pros: market share
Cons: race discrimination, internal politics, bad management.
Clearly a stable company but the "international" flavor, advancements and sometimes clearly biased hiring, promotions and the rest are for those from India.
Bringing in contractors directly from India to take American jobs in the corporate headquarters in CA should be illegal, and sends a clear message what priorities they have.

About KLA-Tencor

KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment – Read more