KLA-Tencor Employee Reviews

a good place to balance life and work
Senior System Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 7, 2018
a good place to balance life and work. Follow standard of procedures. salary below average. inefficient management. 60% peers are open-minded. sometimes too much talking.
Good experience with KT
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 29, 2018
KLA-Tencor is a nice company, there are a lot of activities for the new hires. The environment is good. Company is growing though maybe not as fast as other competitors.
Innovative and busy place
Regional Corporate Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2018
- Meet with Customers and Sales Force almost daily
- Learned about the principles of how the measuring equipment worked.
- Management and staff was well educated
Pros
Creative environment
Cons
Company was caught in industry downturn
Hard & stressfull work was paid well
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Pay rate and benefits were great, but the fast pace and nature of their business sector was very stressful and requirements were always changing. Work load was oppressive and overwhelming.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Workload
KLA Tencor
Sr. FP&A Manager - Global Service Division (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 3, 2017
A good place to work. Very knowledgeable team. Company willing to invest in ERP system, and I had a very supportive manager. Semiconductor will always be a stressful place to work in.
KLA-Tencor
Optical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 26, 2017
- No design tools (which is mostly what I like to do)

- Extensive Optical Alignment. Would spend 8-10 hours in a clean room

- Management was excellent

- Culture was above and beyond

- Hardest part was spending 8-10 hours in a clean room, constantly wearing 2 pairs of latex gloves on each hand and laying down on my back most of the day to align optics.

- Most enjoyable was when I got to work in non-clean labs and make measurements.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
No access to Optical Design Software.
Growth
Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 18, 2017
In the years I was at KT, the company expanded it's product base with a number of different products.

In my position, I was involved with almost all the different divisions and able learn about the different products and the technologies used.
productive and fun time work place
Buyer/ Planner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2017
Typical work day start with morning meetings work with the system
with schedule forecast. interface with Engineering documents review
Inventory and material Planning activities in the production Floor
Meeting offsite with suppliers and Vendors.Print out all the documents for records keeping daily.
Pretty good company. Awful boss.
Multimedia Producer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day as the Multimedia Producer in the Corporate Learning Center from 2008 - 2010 involved generally being praised by the larger team and associated management and partners for my work, but whatever I did was never good enough for my boss, so it was a toxic work environment where I never felt like I job was safe day to day nor did I even know what I was going to be doing day to day.
the company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 29, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great manager. Very competitive. Job opportunities company wide. Training options. Work hard, play hard.
Accountant-Human Resources
Fixed Asset Accountant- Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
I began my work as an fix asset accountant contractor was extended my duties were recording assets in corporate ledger, bills of materials, auditing, and special accounting projects. I later was hire permanent in Human Resources as a staffing coordinator maintaining applicant data, selecting candidates, screening, job fairs, orientation, filing, posting, and editing job requisitions.
Pros
highly technical knowledge and stellar reputation. A great environment and compensation.
Cons
A vulnerable industry, subject to industry fluctuations.
Good company,
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 15, 2017
Good company, intelligent people and a little room for growth. Good people, nice campus, lots of work and very complex systems. Overall good culture. Management could be better.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not much room for growth
Fun work environment
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Hr Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2017
Many new skills, as the software changed frequently. It was always an improvement to help you in your position while increasing your skill set. The culture there was great! The hardest part of the job was the constant lay offs. Otherwise, they had great employee perks such as the gym, café, on-site coffee bars etc.
Pros
The pay was exceptional for the era
Cons
Constant lay off's
Stressful place to work
Senior Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 28, 2017
In my time there, I learned that the culture is a harsh one. People are constantly under the gun and must work long hours. However, the work is certainly leading edge high tech multi-disciplinary.
Pros
Rich opportunity
Cons
High pressure
If you like to work 9 to 5...
Level 4 Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 23, 2017
Most employees work 8 hours a day lacking passion. A good place to work at if you want to do the bare minimum.

Key contributors have left due to failed acquisition by Lam Research.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with engineers who just didn't have passion in their work.
Pros
Making a difference in the work I did
Cons
Working with people with the "no can do" attitude
Supervisor for communications world wide
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Extremely fast IT environment. Managed 2 large campus' with 2 large PBXs.
Daily duties were to manage all voicemail systems world wide. Programmed and managed Avaya, Rolm, Northern Telecom, Meridian and smaller PBXs world wide from my desk. Managed all video conference units world wide with GMS application for PolyCom. Opened new offices cross country and ordered voice and data lines to accommodate customers. Traveled to multiple sites to open or repair any major issue with 100% success. Worked with vendors to get large jobs completed. Always on time.
Pros
Travel and compensations
Cons
Driving to Milpitas from San Mateo and back was tedious
Fast paced state of the art engineering company
Manufacturing Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 20, 2016
KLA-Tencor has amazing technological challenges providing the next generation of process control solutions for semiconductor and related industries. The size of number of state of the art technologies and different products produced and rate of change is the main driver of the company. Management is highly rated but does layoff a lot of their great employees when business is down or they restructure. Teamwork is strong and people work together to resolve constant challenges in fast paced and demanding data driven work environment but this is not a 40 hour job.
Pros
Constant technological challenges with broad product line and good teamwork and support, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Follows same hire and fire as rest of this cyclical industry, Workload is always very demanding and often have meetings or calls in evenings.
Great learning process
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 9, 2016
I had to build machines for the first time. I was great learning process. Since it has to be built in a group when someone make a mistake the other correct the mistake so that we don't have spend our time on troubleshoot when the system build.
Pros
It was great to build machines for the first time.
Cons
No benifit
Do their best to stay competitive and profitable
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 6, 2016
Like many companies focus is on the buyer of the product and not on the experience of the end user. Need to update the software of their new equipment. Excellent hardware, just need to bring back some software engineers to spice up things.
KLA Tencor had moderate incentive programs
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at KLA Tencor is like most companies. You have your responsibilities to carry out according to your job title. You can come in early and work a normal day of 8 hours or more. The hardest part of the job was being expected to answer a huge influx of emails immediately. You have to be excellent multi tasking. . . There were those who felt they should have been paid more and should have been promoted, The most enjoyable part of the job was some team members were kind and helpful. Overall the company was good.
Pros
Had occasional free lunches, low cost on site gym, expresso machines in break rooms
Cons
short breaks for exempt, expensive health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLA-Tencor. Our community is ready to answer.