KLA-Tencor Employee Reviews

Supervisor for communications world wide
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Extremely fast IT environment. Managed 2 large campus' with 2 large PBXs.
Daily duties were to manage all voicemail systems world wide. Programmed and managed Avaya, Rolm, Northern Telecom, Meridian and smaller PBXs world wide from my desk. Managed all video conference units world wide with GMS application for PolyCom. Opened new offices cross country and ordered voice and data lines to accommodate customers. Traveled to multiple sites to open or repair any major issue with 100% success. Worked with vendors to get large jobs completed. Always on time.
Pros
Travel and compensations
Cons
Driving to Milpitas from San Mateo and back was tedious
Fast paced state of the art engineering company
Manufacturing Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 20, 2016
KLA-Tencor has amazing technological challenges providing the next generation of process control solutions for semiconductor and related industries. The size of number of state of the art technologies and different products produced and rate of change is the main driver of the company. Management is highly rated but does layoff a lot of their great employees when business is down or they restructure. Teamwork is strong and people work together to resolve constant challenges in fast paced and demanding data driven work environment but this is not a 40 hour job.
Pros
Constant technological challenges with broad product line and good teamwork and support, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Follows same hire and fire as rest of this cyclical industry, Workload is always very demanding and often have meetings or calls in evenings.
Great learning process
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 9, 2016
I had to build machines for the first time. I was great learning process. Since it has to be built in a group when someone make a mistake the other correct the mistake so that we don't have spend our time on troubleshoot when the system build.
Pros
It was great to build machines for the first time.
Cons
No benifit
Do their best to stay competitive and profitable
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 6, 2016
Like many companies focus is on the buyer of the product and not on the experience of the end user. Need to update the software of their new equipment. Excellent hardware, just need to bring back some software engineers to spice up things.
KLA Tencor had moderate incentive programs
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at KLA Tencor is like most companies. You have your responsibilities to carry out according to your job title. You can come in early and work a normal day of 8 hours or more. The hardest part of the job was being expected to answer a huge influx of emails immediately. You have to be excellent multi tasking. . . There were those who felt they should have been paid more and should have been promoted, The most enjoyable part of the job was some team members were kind and helpful. Overall the company was good.
Pros
Had occasional free lunches, low cost on site gym, expresso machines in break rooms
Cons
short breaks for exempt, expensive health care
Customer support
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2016
Arrive at work check emails to see if there was any customer issues. If any meet with customer to get details before going to check out the tool. Verify issues order parts is required and repair tool.
Pros
Love the travel
Cons
Down turns in the industry that happen all the time.
Review Summary
CORP/Chief Engineering (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 2, 2016
Good work life balance - great management
Located in Milpitas
Being Acquired by Lam Research
Convenient Location
Clean campus
Highly motivated and scalable employee!
Customer Service Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2016
I have been with KLA-Tencor/ICOS Vision Systems division for nearly 17 years now and I have gained a great deal of experience in the semiconductor field. A great deal of knowledge has been acquired and learned in my years of service including customer service and systems level installation and troubleshooting. Systems level troubleshooting and various electrical/electronic control systems are my strongest qualities along with years of customer service with multiple companies. I have really enjoyed the experience I have gained through this company and all the persons I have worked with who have given me the support and tools I needed to be successful in my career.

With my recent and current schooling in Information Technology and advanced networking, I am hoping to find a new position in the workplace with a company that can not only use my years of experience with systems level products and customer service, but also provide an environment of learning and collaboration of technology.
Pros
Self supervised
Cons
Travel
Right place to work
Manufacturing Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 17, 2016
Encouraging to learn and contribute.
Open management
Salary above average
Good benefit
Good PTO
Very high technology
Pros
Challenging environment
Cons
Work life balance
Kla
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dutchess, New YorkFebruary 24, 2016
Great company with good work environment
Good management
They take care of their employees
Good compensation
Good benefits
Semi Conductor Capital Equipment Company focused on Yield Management Primarily via Inspection and Computer Analysis of resulting data
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Typical environment for company supplying capital equipment to semi-conductor companies which are primarily based in Asia now.
N/a
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Outstanding place to work with great innovations, great people, team work, balanced work/life style.

Motivational management.

Outstanding Executives.
Pros
Innovative
good mid size company
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 13, 2015
The company has an engineering culture. Going through a lot changes. Good location for commute. A decent size gym on campus
Fun and rewarding work plagued with ambiguity about role and responsibility.
Customer Support Engineer 4 (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 9, 2015
Typically I would work Monday-Friday 8 hours and be able to go home at the end of the day. I learned how to troubleshoot highly complex very high tech QA machines built for semiconductor manufacturing. Direct management was great, most promoted from the ranks. Upper management was somewhat myopic. Higher level managers would create projects and systems that did not add value. I loved the opportunity to get my hands inside complex and high tech equipment. Fixing things is really a lot of fun, it is exciting and very rewarding to me. The hardest part was based on company and customer politics, there was a lot of hemming and hawing about what should be done next. I like to get in and work and the indecision and ambiguity of role and responsibility was frustrating. The company was just purchased by Lam Research, so the culture and processes will likely change.
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours
Cons
Ambiguity of roles and responsibility
Providing good system for Semiconductor industry
system support (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 4, 2015
Good company, flexible and fun play to work. Great company, great management teams and employees.
A friendly working environment.
Team works to get job done in helping each other with enjoyments.
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Cons
Gym
Excellant Management
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2015
One of the best managed organizations I have ever worked for. Excellent pay, benefits, perks, and much more. It was a fun job with proactive, smart, and hard-working employees.
Pros
Excellant Benefits, free expresso
Cons
No Cons
Decent work life balance, no out-of-the-box thinking
Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 15, 2015
I have already done a review on this company. When i was part-time they were flexible. They were not interested in keeping me around and if not for one person would have let me go.
Job experience
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas CAOctober 6, 2015
Large company culture. Plenty of general training. Good for workers starting their career in this field. Good employee benefits as well.
very technical work environment with clear focus on products & profitd
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to start a career. Get to work on cutting edge technology. The company is doing well but is in a niche market of a very plateaued industry.
Inspiring minds
Front-end Developer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 21, 2015
The environment was really knowledge gaining and inspiring, by working along with co-leagues who were contributing novel ideas to improve the productivity of the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLA-Tencor. Our community is ready to answer.

90%