Kleen Test Products Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work,good quality of people
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 14, 2017
It's a friendly place to work at,good management,flexible hours and overtime.makes you feel welcome,it's kind of a family structured environment,the people seem to genuinely care.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
Short breaks, distance
Great place to work!
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at Kleen Test Products allows you to work with a wonderful group of co-workers & management team. The owner is interested in his workforce and is a generous person.

The atmosphere provided is encouraging and challenging to supply our clients with the best co-packing experience available in the US.

I highly recommend Kleen Test Products as a great place to work.
Pros
Opportunity to attend Professional Baseball & Basketball games.
Cons
It is a fairly decent place to work.
Machine Operator - Level I (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WINovember 19, 2016
My experience at KleenTest is such that if I were in a different department, it might have been better. The job itself is ok, however, some of the people make it difficult to work with sometimes. Quite often it does not feel like a team effort.
Pros
The insurance cost for a single person is reasonable.
Cons
Not being able to go outside at break.
Great People, Easy Work, Long Hours
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Working here as a machine operator and then again as a packer, there is a lot of diversity in setting depending on what line you are assigned. Some are easier than others, but the busier you are, the faster the day goes.
fun place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIFebruary 20, 2016
i learned a lot of new things such as the filler and the labeler . get to work do our saftey routine get put into our positions on the line run the line go on break come back n finish the night off on the line . co-workers were really good except a few that refused to do work. i got fired due to an incident that had occurred between me n another co-worker and some words were exchanged but as a temp to hire i was the one that was supposidly in the wrong when a lead person was allowed to stand there in curse at me in front of the supervisor and that lead is still this is a bad company . they say that they are a fair company but overall their really not
Pros
you get paid, not a hard job to do
Cons
getting treated different to everyone, else when they say that it is a fair, company and a equal company, and its all lies
productuvive and fun place to work at
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 17, 2016
A typical day at Kleen Test products was arriving at work attending the meeting for second shift which we always addressed safety and introduced any new employees joining the team. Then after the meeting I would go to the line I was working that day and make sure the date code was correct for the day then make sure the right page was up for the packers on the line to know how the boxes needed to go in the box. After that give the machine operators the ok to start running the product and record the start time. Then after that every hour I conduct a check on a box from the skid to check the product to customer specifications for the dryer sheet or color catcher being made if anything was out of spec I would inform the machine operators and they would have to fix it and I would do a re check to make sure it was meeting the specs set forth by the customer. When I had extra time in between checks I would help on the line with packing or box making or the skidder with putting the boxes on the skid provide water and/or bathroom breaks when necessary.
Pros
diverse co-workers, minumum supervision, open to suggestions
Cons
travel time
Great Co-workers, very work oriented
Microbiology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 30, 2014
A typical day on second shift composed of simply identifying your work load for the evening, depending on how many samples the lab had received, and prioritizing based on time capable of completing your tasks. This would range from filtering samples and plating them, to weighing out and diluting them followed with an enrichment that would later be streaked for a more sensitive test. The hardest part was knowing that you need to do what is necessary to complete your tasks, which could mean coming in early, staying late, working weekends, and holidays as well depending on client needs. The co-workers are fun and enjoyable to work with. They keep a positive attitude. Management gives little compensation to individual efforts and does what is necessary to provide to the clients at the expense of the employees. I learned unique microbiology techniques and knowledge that I can take with me and utilize in my career.
Great Place if you are an undocumented mexican, or convicted felon
Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIMay 20, 2016
Hired on employees walk around with their noses in the air, and dont do much. The Hard work is done by illegal aliens and convicted felons who work for temp companies, bused up from the inner city, who work for $8 an hour and have no chance of being hired on. Managers are extreme douchebags. Good Luck if you are a White Person, as the different minority groups are extremely racist towards white people.
Material Handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 13, 2016
Drive forklifts but they expect you to work the production line when they are slow I am not a production worker. They have two temp companies that work there they think they can talk to you like you are a disposable worker. No one there gives respect but they think you have to respect them
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Can't go outside on your lunch break no smoking on the premises
Could not make transition from being truck driver back to warehouse>
Material Handler/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cudahay, WIJune 6, 2016
Excellent mail processing experience, vast experience in running Pitney Bowes Mailing System, and vast forklift experience.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
To many delivieries & driving with no Saturdays off.

Want to know more about Kleen Test Products?

Ask a question
Former employee
quality (Former Employee) –  Sunset EastJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was full of miscommunication, you can give them your all, never miss a day of work and still find yourself unemployed, good luck with the mgmt click they are all lazy and under educated and treat you with no respect. Co-workers will be missed, the hardest part, the worst part was spending months of your time being told you are going to be hired, just to get a review and tossed out the door with zero knowledge of this indicated to you verbally..By far the WORST place to work
Pros
few good people
Cons
short break, on feet all day, treated like a slave
Great opportunities to work for a household product Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIFebruary 1, 2016
When I go to work I like how every thing was set up for the next shift to be ready to go straight to work. I was satisfied with the way I was able to move from one area to the next without any problems with changing from job to job. I enjoyed the atmosphere as far as working with the staff and co-workers.
A lot of hands on work
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2012
I enjoyed going to work and the work environment was great. My team was wonderful to work with. We were dedicated to the job and getting the job done.
Pros
good benefits, travel and good team on third shift
Cons
management on third shift
Good place to work. High enphisis on working safely.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WISeptember 29, 2015
This company produces high quality products in a highly competitive market. They stress safety first and always at the job. Employees are encouraged to participate with suggestions on how to make improvements on safety and the job more effecient.
Kleen Test Products promoted from within which, led to individual growth.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WINovember 28, 2011
The knowledge, which I’ve obtained through Kleen Test Products great diversity training programs, could not have been accomplished if I had taken a four-year course for a bachelor degree in business management.
Throughout my ten years as an employee at Kleen Test Products, I had the privileged to be surrounded with proactive people that focus their efforts on the things that they could do something about. The nature of their energy is positive, enlarging, and magnifying, causing their circle of influence to increase.
Pros
opportunity for individual growth
Cons
no vision heath care
need a more productive system such as let us no how our progess and performance is doing weekly so we can fix tese issuess bfor a reveiw come
materal handler (Former Employee) –  port washinton wisconsinSeptember 27, 2012
always conficks unorganized leed men rember you can never be RIGHT.as a former employee cumunacation was always a issue threw out the shift .It was like no one was ever on the same page.but at the end of the day make sure u have initial buy everything u issue so u cover yur behind thats what the lead said .witch is not right always lookin over yer shoulder worryin im i gonna get in trouble 4 this or that ect.i dident think that was fair .
Pros
easy work, not at all physical really.
Cons
bad manegment an leds, bad lack of cumunacation on shift
Fast Pace environment
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIMay 7, 2014
Calling Seek to learn of job assignment really great at steady work hardest part making your your available at last minutes notice
Pros
diverse setting
Cons
fair pay
Decent job with respectable wages but low ceiling
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  WIJuly 10, 2012
Unloaded and loaded trucks met great ppl (truck driver)
and was fortunate enough to work with ssome pretty cool coworkers
What i learned is to not sell myself short to try and learn a new skill every day because in the end the person most well eqipped at a job or various jobs can do something special in these tough times.
Pros
travel time was short from home decent wage
Cons
too much bouncing around to different plants and various shifts
Quality Tech
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJuly 1, 2015
Worked close with lab technicians and operators.
• Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
• Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
• Monitor and control inventory.
• Supervise production workers.
worst day ever
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port WashingtonJuly 22, 2015
I had the worst day ever because before i had a desk i needed to constantly do everything on my legs and it was so painful. I hated my job more than anything now i was so stoked when i got the desk.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kleen Test Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5