Kleen Test Products Employee Reviews

Good place to work for when I worked there
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WINovember 15, 2017
The other employees where very nice to work with. The Manager was nice to work for and the work area was nice and clean. It was a very safe place to work for.
Fast paced usually and stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHOctober 4, 2017
As an operator here it's slightly more stressful than most other positions mainly because management is down your throat a lot. 2nd and 3rd shift are probably the best just because the supervisors are great [Strasburg, OH]. The pay isn't awful especially if you get overtime. I recommend that anyone who applies here goes straight through the company as opposed to the temp service most go through, that pay is awful for what you do.
Pros
Pay and healthcare benefits
Cons
2 15 minute breaks and no smoking on the property [0 tolerance]
Horrible
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHSeptember 19, 2017
This was a horrible place to work. Possibly the worst. Minimum wage and you work your buns off. Very fast paced and worth more than minimum wage. Very hot and miserable job.
Ok place to work
Fork Lift (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 14, 2017
I started as a machine operator on 3rd shift. After my 60 day review, it was stated that machine operator wasn't the right job for me. So I was moved to forklift. I like the job itself but the shift is not for me.
Solid
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIAugust 10, 2017
Large range of learning potential. changes to product and production are handled very well at most plant locations. good place for those who like to work hard.
Pros
constant work
Cons
work life can easily over take home life, some positions are filled with individuals that are not qualified for those positions.
Biased management, huge turnover rate
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHAugust 9, 2017
At our plant upper management holds a personal bias. There are some workers who quit and are rehired multiple times while others are passed over. The supervisors who run the shifts are good; it's just the corporate clowns who sit in there office that have no interaction with the people. There are not enough filled positions to keep up with there LEAN processes but again corporate doesn't care because there are capable people to do the jobs; they just don't let them. Pay could be better but a trained monkey could do some of the work involved so I can't complain too much in that area.
Pros
Usually no weekend work, good shift supervisors
Cons
Short breaks, non-smoking environment, upper management bias
Great entry level jobs to build experience from
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 8, 2017
Overal its nice reliable entry level position. You can build experience in a number of fields; such as machine operation palletiziing pallet jack usage fork lift operation quality inspection ect.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
only 1 30min break
Terrrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIAugust 2, 2017
No proper management skills in this facility
To many chiefs ant enough indians to many fights among co workers
Pay sucks for the work u do
To many temporary employees and not
Enough fulltime employees
Cons
To many fights among the young adults
Misguided company with great potential
Employee (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJuly 19, 2017
Although this company at times goes out of its way for its employees and the comradery on the floor is amazing, the company as a whole has a long way to go in showing it appreciates its employees and retaining the worthwhile ones. In the long run, it comes down to benefits, compensation, and a feeling of respect. If you get enough of one or two, it makes up for shortcomings in the others, however, if all three of these are lacking it is easy for another opportunity to come along.
Pros
Always work to be done, some fantastic people, like family
Cons
Poor staffing and employee retention practices
A very strict work place
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WIMay 3, 2017
I would continue working there if i had a way out there i would rather be closer to home. The bosses are friendly and treat everybody equally. If it was not so far i would continue working there. It is a very clean place to work at.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
A lot of microwaves so u dont have to wait to warm your food up

Want to know more about Kleen Test Products?

Ask a question
Horrible management in Port Washington
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIApril 28, 2017
Horrible company. Upper Management's​ terrible. Quality management were jerks. Project Managers were a**holes. .Do not work there. What company does not allow their hourly employees to leave the premises for lunch? We were treated like children. They look down to their employees, very rude & back stabbish. Do not work as team. Clean facility & location only plus. Never work there if it can be avoided. Nightmare of a place and people.
Pros
Location. Port Washington is very nice town
Cons
Every thing else!!!!!! Especially upper management!!!!
Many interesting products, very fast-paced and most people very cooperative.
Validation Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WIApril 27, 2017
A good place to learn many aspects of the third party packaging industry. Type of products produced is changing to more regulated products which some managers are having a hard time understanding. Daily production schedules change very quickly so you need to be able to adjust very quickly to any situation. CEO is very involved even with day-to-day operations.
Pros
Learn many different aspects of packaging and some batching.
Cons
Product types are changing to more regulated products, which management has a hard time understanding.
AWFUL Mangament
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Strasburg, OHApril 26, 2017
Positives
Always get your 40hrs a week(hired in)
Very few weekends worked( depends on production)
Good team enviroment on second shift and a great supervisor!
Productive and fun place to work,good quality of people
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 14, 2017
It's a friendly place to work at,good management,flexible hours and overtime.makes you feel welcome,it's kind of a family structured environment,the people seem to genuinely care.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
Short breaks, distance
Great People, Easy Work, Long Hours
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Working here as a machine operator and then again as a packer, there is a lot of diversity in setting depending on what line you are assigned. Some are easier than others, but the busier you are, the faster the day goes.
It is a fairly decent place to work.
Machine Operator - Level I (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, WINovember 19, 2016
My experience at KleenTest is such that if I were in a different department, it might have been better. The job itself is ok, however, some of the people make it difficult to work with sometimes. Quite often it does not feel like a team effort.
Pros
The insurance cost for a single person is reasonable.
Cons
Not being able to go outside at break.
Great place to work!
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at Kleen Test Products allows you to work with a wonderful group of co-workers & management team. The owner is interested in his workforce and is a generous person.

The atmosphere provided is encouraging and challenging to supply our clients with the best co-packing experience available in the US.

I highly recommend Kleen Test Products as a great place to work.
Pros
Opportunity to attend Professional Baseball & Basketball games.
I rather not
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2016
wasnt very fond of the company. rather not speak ill on a workplace and just move forward. not the best work environment. people are not the most motivated workforce.
productuvive and fun place to work at
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 17, 2016
A typical day at Kleen Test products was arriving at work attending the meeting for second shift which we always addressed safety and introduced any new employees joining the team. Then after the meeting I would go to the line I was working that day and make sure the date code was correct for the day then make sure the right page was up for the packers on the line to know how the boxes needed to go in the box. After that give the machine operators the ok to start running the product and record the start time. Then after that every hour I conduct a check on a box from the skid to check the product to customer specifications for the dryer sheet or color catcher being made if anything was out of spec I would inform the machine operators and they would have to fix it and I would do a re check to make sure it was meeting the specs set forth by the customer. When I had extra time in between checks I would help on the line with packing or box making or the skidder with putting the boxes on the skid provide water and/or bathroom breaks when necessary.
Pros
diverse co-workers, minumum supervision, open to suggestions
Cons
travel time
Material Handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 13, 2016
Drive forklifts but they expect you to work the production line when they are slow I am not a production worker. They have two temp companies that work there they think they can talk to you like you are a disposable worker. No one there gives respect but they think you have to respect them
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Can't go outside on your lunch break no smoking on the premises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kleen Test Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8