KleenMark Employee Reviews

Very friendly work environment and now very clean
Comerica Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Iron RidgeJuly 23, 2015
I am in charge of cleaning the main offices along with the shop floor. A typical day includes dusting, vacuuming, mopping, wiping down all areas in the office, and taking out garbage. Management at Kleenmark is not the best, they don't like to keep a good uptake on the supplies needed to do my job. They also aren't very good at communicating with me. My coworkers are basically the people that work for the factory I clean. I love the people that surround me at work. Everyone is very friendly and accepting. It also helps when ur doing a very good job at cleaning and they are very appreciative. There really isn't a hard part of my job at all. Everything is pretty easy until i have to empty trash from the machines and its full of lazer dust. For some reason that stuff just doesn't agree with me and usually ends up busting all over me. The most enjoyable part of my job is almost everything about it, I love the people I work around and the daily tasks are not difficult at all.
Pros
Meet new people and further my job oppurtunties
Cons
No benefits, short hours with little pay
Nice co-workers and great opportunity to experience how a business runs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookfield WIAugust 4, 2013
My job consists of operating our main switch board and provide excellent customer service to our daily clients and customers. I also provide administrative support to the Vice President of Operations and our regional managers. On a daily basis I assist the HR department with screening applications, scheduling interviews and preparing orientation packages. Assisting marketing with special projects is also a big part of my position. I have learned many new things as I worked daily with HR like how to determine if an applicant will be a great asset to the company.
Professional work enviroment
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 27, 2015
I would say a typical work day would be fast paced. I work unsupervised with two other coworkers. I have to work as team in fast pace enviromnent. The managent is hardly at the work site howeve I feel she should be a little bit more involved with her employeees. I have a great co worker very helpful when needed and reliable. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get the team lead to be a team player and not so bossy. The enjoyable part would be working with minimum to no supervision.
GENREAL CLEANING
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 1, 2015
cleaning many different areas such as clinics, office, and hospitals, banks. all use different chemicals to clean differently. management is very well they have poor communication between bosses and workers, do not answer their phone or return calls. I've learned how to use multiple cleaning machines. Hours are set never changes unless to ask for more hours and is a good first part time job.
Pros
not much suprvision, afternoon hours
Cons
late into the day, short hours(3 to 4), locations vary in distance
productive as in tennis court
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 29, 2012
We usually use the backpack vacuum cleaner to vacuum around the places because is much easier to use, we use different chemicals to clean break rooms, bathrooms, and water fountains as well as mirrors. We take out the trash two times a day. The co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is none and the most enjoyable part of the job is doing the work on your own pace.
Pros
free food when available
Cons
products not in stock when in use
Growing Company with Growing Pains
Specialty Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2015
KleenMark has grown very rapidly over the past several years. So fast, if fact, that many things seem to be overlooked. It was enjoyable to be a part of a locally owned company which had so much success, but many decisions were made at the top which were far more reactive than proactive.
Pros
good compensation, talented staff
Cons
long hours, zero communication

Comment – May 6, 2015

This company is great at making promises, but horrible at following through. Very 'flavor of the month'. While they put on a great show, there is little actual direction and communication. I would suggest against anyone leaving their current job to pursue a career here.

great experience
Porter/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 10, 2014
typical day at work was interesting interacting with the customers and workers, i learned housekeeping is such an easy job, management were great, co-workers were great, the hardest part was trying to get done before the store closed, the most enjoyable was interacting with the co-workers to make the day go faster.
It was a good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2015
I would start by vacuuming the break room. Since the were people working downstairs, I could not vacuum until 7:00pm. I did other cleaning including assisting with trash pickup. When time allowed I would extract the carpets and buff floor areas. We also dusted all of the office desks, dividers, vents, and blinds
its bad.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 22, 2015
no this was the worst place i worked at don't apply here. its a joke. if you like having 90 bosses its the job for you even the assists at the stores you clean tell you what to do.
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of no review or raises there.
Productive work place
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at Kleenmark. I loved working with all of my co-workers and the job itself was great. Management was very acomodating and never any issues with the main office.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Great for students
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 28, 2015
I cleaned out banks at night, this job is great for students going to school during the day and can work a few hours at night. must supply your own vehicle, but everything else to get the job done is supplied.
I liked one of the job sites very much while working for them.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 1, 2014
Management wasn't too bad but some of the workers were a concern due to lack of work ethics.
Pros
enjoyed most of the clients
Cons
some of the workers were needed replacing.
A friendly service and a clean environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 22, 2015
I have been working for KleenMark for the last 9 months and it's been going pretty good because I can get to go on a vacation and still have my position in place.
Not the greatest
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIJune 28, 2015
Mostly I was working with someone who stood around on their phone, but I didn't work with anyone in Madison where the company is based. So I can't say much about the company as a whole
flexible hours
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 3, 2014
this a very flexible position to hold
a person must be trustworthy as you hold keys to each business that has been contracted
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
Fun
Cleaner for AnchorBank (Current Employee) –  Berlin, WIJanuary 4, 2016
You are able to work at your own pace and at your own time. If you enjoy cleaning I would recommend working for kleenmark. They provide all the supplies you need.
I cleaned a Kohl's store.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 12, 2015
I did the bathrooms and vacuumed the floors of a Kohl's store in a mall. Our check in and out system was automated so I never really saw my manager.
kleenmark was really my 1st real job
cleaner (Former Employee) –  milwakee,wiDecember 19, 2011
they help to alot to understand of become a good worker by myself or with another worker
They are a good company
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 9, 2012
I really liked my job and wish that I could have been transferred to another facility.
lack of hours
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2013
lack of hours, work wasnt steady, didnt get credit for work being done.