Klein Tools Employee Reviews

Moved to texas to escape the union but still ran like a union
Can't discuss at this time (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Fruit monthly and great holiday perks
Cons: You see my con
Structure is lacking. Plant is micromanaged unless your friends with the "team leads" or supervisors. I say this because all I know is structure coming off 7 years enlistment in the military

Your supervisor will tell your teammates he's made at you like y'all are childhood friends.

They do not place you in a position based on your resume.

You have to job bid still like the union to transfer departments.

Rules vary from shift to shift so if you like having time off work 3rd or 4th shift. It has the worst rules but it has the most time off.
But with 3rd and 4th shift there is no advancement because they will not bother trying to find anyone willing to work wknd shift only.

If you come on temp get ready to be let go when they are finished with you.

Pay doesn't match job experience. You will have someone who worked in fast food making the same as someone with military experience and manufacturing.

If and when you find a better Job and you put in a two wk notice get ready to be walked out.
OEM in the tool industry with a terrific reputation
MANAGER OF METALLURGY (Former Employee), Skokie, IlApril 17, 2015
Pros: Self-actualization.
Cons: Frequent lay-offs.
There were no "typical" days.

What I learned was vast and priceless.

Management was typical for a family-owned business.

Co-workers were experienced and hard-working.

The hardest part of the job was self-teaching.

The moist enjoyable part of the job was self-teaching.
I can only speak from the way I was treated.
Dont want to say (Former Employee), Mansfield,TxJune 2, 2014
Pros: they offer free coffee
Cons: getting fired over the phone says it all.
I agree with the other reviewer, they do have a back biting type atmosphere. I myself did not work out so I was fired over the phone. My supervisor supervised me over the phone. Micro manage me maybe a better way to put it. I thought it would be a good place to work but something inside me said to stay away. The people in the manufacturing seemed really nice but in the office area cut throat all the way.
lousy management, and too many back biters willing to tell on you for anything, including any mistakes you might make, just to cull favor.
assembly (Former Employee), cedar rapids, iowaApril 23, 2014
Pros: the work isn't bad.
Cons: everything
Terrible place to work. The mangement is totally focused on traditionals styles, and coercive mangemnt tactics. They never look at the positive, only the negative. you are never told you are doing a good job, they only notice if you make a mistake. They exploit the system, bringing in a never ending revolving door temporary employees, because they're too cheap to hire regulars. You could possibly get full time there, if a person wanted to stick around long enough, Expect at least two to three years.
New Company
Manufacturing Member (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXApril 6, 2013
The company has been in Texas for about two years now. With the promise of advancement and the knowledge that i have as a trainer from Kimberly-Clark. And to hear others that came in with the company on how they have been in the same spot for 7-10 years and to see others with less experience take jobs that i know i can do and have expressed interest in having and see them do the job for three months then get moved for none productivity. This is why i am looking to broaden my career elsewhere.
Klein Tools, a happy welcoming job that takes along to an improve living , almost riches. However a lot of fun working with fine people.
Packager, pack by hand a wide variety of tools. (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: yes the managers are very generous with it.
Cons: almost none, i would think some people minded a little much but the packaging works swift.
The Klein tools is a moving company it keeps you too busy to be caught goofing off.They offer opportunity and encourage you to make steps foward. They help know how you can move up. You get happy kind of co-workers, they work well together. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the wierd table set-ups.You can eventually do all of them quick
we had fun most of the tim
quality control (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: pay was good
Cons: management
Inspection of in coming product, Inspection of out going product scrap reporting. learned the importance of safety tool. had wonderful coworkers. have to let product that was not up to standards go just .because you manager said to send it. Worked with some of the best coworkers.
it was a good job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMarch 23, 2012
Cons: there no way of going up, so your stuck at the job you have.
It was a good job intill it was time for a raise,thats when they gave you a hard time.
Productive workplace ok to work there
Data/Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, IL.November 15, 2011
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short lunch
Good management, Compensation/Benefits & Culture. Good Hours, The best co-worker