Klein Tools Employee Reviews

Productive and Great Place to Work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 14, 2017
Was a friendly enviroment to work in. Great leadership and co-workers. Had really good benifits and social activities like softball teams and bowling teams.
Pros
Leadership from the top to the bottom
Cons
can't think of any!!
Lots of opportunity to grow
IT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMarch 9, 2017
Family culture that allows for professional growth. Decent benefits. Helps to be a self starter who works well with others. Plenty of technology and good supportive department and leadership.
Worst place to ever work....
A little bit of everything (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 8, 2017
We had a "market adjustment" from what they call it and turns out if they dont want to pay you they give you a "performance review" with one point under to not get the raise . I worked a level 3 job and after talking to numerous supervisor and upper management still nothing was done. Its a revolving door of people. All the employees are so unhappy. You only move up if your friends with someone. Ive talked to hr as well and nothing was written up... its like nothing ever happened. As long as they can save them selves thats all they're worried about. STRESSED OUT IS ALL I GOT FROM THIS PLACE.
Cons
Everything.... health care is expecive. Doesn't pay well for what you have to deal with
robotics
Machinist and Finishing Department (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 1, 2017
This company means well, but the work is very dirty, hot and repetative. Production expectations were extremely high, and people drop like flies. I learned a great deal about the value of having each others backs. I liked a few of my supervisors, but the hours started getting in the way of my family.
Pros
Free christmas dinner. Catered.
Cons
almost no parking, tendonitis.
No advancement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Its an okay place to work if you never want to advance beyond the position you enter at. You need to belong to the "Good Ole Boys Club" to have any opportunity to advance.
Great Internship not a lot of room for advancement
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 22, 2016
Not a lot of room for improvement in the company. They have a good set of engineers working in the department. Smaller facility of engineers to work for. Gained good experience in the field to get a full time job.
Great place to work , Clean & great staff
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 21, 2016
See Resume : I have all that on my resume . it was fun working there Great staff clean work environment learn a lot about how to create new jobs , only thing was it was jest a temp JOB!
Pros
Cons
don't know what you mean ?
No work life balance.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 3, 2016
The company expects 12 hour days as management works 8 or less. One office person sleeps half the day in his office and no one knows what he actually does. Supervisors are good but no much above that.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 1, 2016
Good place to work especially if you get to interact with great and knowledgeable employees.
I had a great time where I learned a lot especially about machining, heat treat or polishing operations.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good compeny
Duties- Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 22, 2016
Its a good company to work for, you get great benifets and all. steady hours, amazing people. you want to learn how to make the best of the best of screwdrivers and nut drivers, go to Klien

Want to know more about Klein Tools?

Ask a question
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 21, 2016
Interanal politics at executive level.
No competitive salary. Consistently (and significantly below) market
Average / Below Average benefits
GREAT work/life balance
Great Place To Work
Electrical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 17, 2016
Klein was a gret place to work. My only reason for leaving was I was stuck on second shift and desperately needed to be on day shift to have a family life.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Lower Pay
No opportunity for advancement, poor management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 3, 2016
Management is very new and no structure within the company. Pay is okay for a person with no experience in the workforce or little experience. Not a job for anyone with above entry level work experience. Company will compromise defective tools to send to suppliers just to meet the demands of the customer. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Klein tools is easy money nothing hard expected out of anyone, nothing challenging about any position within the company under upper management. Company is no tobacco/smoke free on company premise. They are a Gun free zone and Health insurance is very high due to being based out of Chicago Ill.
Pros
Free lunch most the time is bagels and fruit, Very little pros. TBD by the individual
Family oriented work environment
CNC Swiss lathe operator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 10, 2016
Friendly fast paced environment with results. The people working here of diverse backgrounds and professions all form part of huge team.
Good place to learn and enhance skills
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 4, 2016
This is a very good place to work if you are looking for an opportunity to learn/enhance skills in project management, process development, problem solving, and department management. Only downside is not much opportunity for promotion/advancement in company.
Pros
Hands on work, good balance of office versus shop floor work.
Cons
Not much opportunity for promotion/advancement
prerequisites are based on buddy system
random (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 3, 2016
basically if you are friends with a "supervisor" you work your way up the ranks. On job postings level one through four all list the exact same job description with a dramatic change in pay. Don't bring your resume or worry about experience because they go by word of mouth.
Pros
fruit every once in awhile
Cons
pay sucks, management without general education, and leadership closes their eyes to friends
Easy going workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 3, 2015
Through my time at Klein Tools I have had many different supervisors and lead large numbers of teams. This has exposed me to many different challenges and opportunities. In this transition process we are currently experiencing I am being look at by management and piers for guidance and doing what I can to make work easier on everyone with the limited power that I have.
Its a hand tool company
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  LinncolnshireOctober 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow. Some politics. Some red tape. I really liked my colleagues.
Klein Tools
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 1, 2015
Long standing and well respected company since 1857.
Strong brand recognition. High quality products, made in the United States.
Currently working
Wife of an employee (Current Employee) –  Cedar rapids, hoping for a move to texas some dayAugust 2, 2015
Well i don't work there personally, but my husband does! He started as a temp. And moved up fairly quickly! He got hired on in less than a year and is doing well and is very happy with his job! There is benefits, such as medical and 401k pd time off! There is always things in every company that people won't like or changes that can be made.but if you work hard and can get along with people, you can move up! Endurance, perseverance, and patience and most important Jesus! Im glad my husband likes his job and he is very grateful for having it! ((
Pros
Good company, takes care of their employees
Cons
Can be difficult to get hired on permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Klein Tools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7