Kleinfelder

Kleinfelder United States Employee Reviews

Great company
Intern, Human Resources (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 14, 2014
If you love working under pressure and learning, this is the company to work for. Good leadership
Busy Days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great lunches meeting
Helping out in the productive room getting documents out to the clients. Cover the phones. I learned things every day. Work well with my co workers always a team. The hardest part is getting these last minute and needed it out that min.
Productive and fast work pace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 18, 2014
I have learned a lot working for this company. I enjoy all my co workers.
Invests in its employees
Communications Project Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2014
Kleinfelder has a wide range of internal professional development programs that employees can use to navigate their own career paths.
Great company
Environmental Scientist/Geologist Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
good management, good co workers, good pay. need to be physically fit and want to be out in the field.
Not a truthful company to work for
support (Current Employee), OKDecember 24, 2013
Cons: too much to list
Hiring process is not legimate. Interview was not forth coming on hours and processes of work described. Always a revolving door due to management. Poor equipment and not concerned about your familys needs. Hired as a full time employee, started working there and was told to save my sick days and vacations days to make a 40 hour check because they dont have have full time hours to give you.
overall rating
Accountant Assistant II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MaSeptember 19, 2013
Kleinfelder was a great place to work. friendly atmosphere my co-workers were a joy to work with i also learned new software on the job such a Kwiktags and Deltek. I loved that it was always so busy enough for me to do threw out the day. the hardest part was Month end when we had to get all the bills paid and invoices into the system before the new month that was a challenge a typical day at work would be on Mondays I ran checks for Employee expenses and vendors also inputting invoices into Kwiktags to set up for approval for payment and once approved i set up a payment date, Journal entries, filing and scanning
Textbook senior management incompetance
Engineer (Former Employee), TexasAugust 8, 2013
Pros: it was very good experience for me, my coworkers and clients were wonderful.
Cons: seeing how many different ways a company can shoot itself in the foot.
Kleinfelder has been going downhill for quite some time. It was ok in 2006, and has been backsliding ever since. Instead of making adjustments where they need to be made (see the review summary for a hint), the good ole boys in charge seem to believe that shell games (posing, company structure, and various other forms of veneer strategy), acquisitions, debt loading and subsequent panic layoffs and/or office closings is the answer to the misery.

The strangest behavior and most unprofessional things I've seen and heard in my career have come straight from the mouths of senior managers at Kleinfelder. I could write a book. Fire you senior managers, replace them with real experience if you take the future of Kleinfelder seriously.
A company has a big ambition for future, but has a painful transition periods
Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2013
It is a good size company that is ambitious to be a big player in the industry. However, the transition is painful and it is hurting both the companies and the employees.
Kleinfelder gets an F
Field/lab materials tech (Former Employee), Fresno caMarch 26, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: everything else
Worked as a tech in the Fresno office. could not have been more disappointed. Positive: I enjoyed working with the techs and my immediate supervisor was a great guy. Negatives: Routinely sent on jobs without proper equipment, I was specifically told not to follow caltrans test methods by lab management, and myself and 2 others who were hired around the same time were denied medical benefits. To hear that I have worked for a company 6 months and I had no medical insurance is absurd. To pile on some more, the trucks for field techs had expired registration! However, if you like working on prevailing wage projects without making prevailing wage, or an office environment that is highly political and clique-y kleinfelder is for you. I attempted to transfer to other offices on 2 occasions, but was denied both times, then when I quit I was told by the regional manager he didn't take my request seriously. Of the 4 construction management companies I have been a part of, kleinfelder is the worst, and its not even debatable. I cannot in any way endorse this company from either employee or client perspective.
OIL AND GAS IS THE PITTS
Project Manager (Current Employee), PittsburghMarch 9, 2013
Pros: employee owned
Cons: bad upper management, dont know the oil and gas industry
I agree with previous reviews on the oil and gas section of Kleinfelder, they are Laying off due to current bad senior and program management, clients are not happ with this company. Guys on the grounds are great but they are laying off and good folks are leaving. Used to be a great company but its the old boy club who rule the roost. STAY CLEAR.
LAYOFF LAYOFF
Civil Designer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh/Newburgh/CantonMarch 4, 2013
Pros: may be a goodfit fit for kid out of school
Cons: bad client account managers and program managers in oil and gas sector
Really Poor Management in particular the Oil and Gas sector, this company is laying off quickly, reason for layoff is due to poor client account managers, and program managers.

Stay clear bad company.
Pleasant and professional people to work with
Operations manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: a lots of meeting with bagles and donuts
Cons: always about bringing more money in ($$$$/hour), typical of corporations
As one reviewer put it, too much politics and cozying with upper managements. I did enjoy working for them over 8 years and over all liked the company culture. In most cases the upper management did not have knowledge of what middle management was doing. Mainly direct supetrvisors did the work and middle management took credit for it. However, I did like the company and there was potential for moving up if you said yes to everything came from top...
It was a good stepping stone.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: there are some really great people who work there.
Cons: its a good ole boys club. if you are not in that tight knit group, it is very difficult to advance.
I worked with some great people. However, I also worked with some high maintenance individuals as well. Some of those individuals were very unprofessional and held themselves upon a pedestal. They did not understand what the meaning of "teamwork" is. Furthermore, the office politics were unbearable.
too much internal politics and no clear career path other than cozying up with upper management
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: healthcare
great co-workers who support each other.

management too focused on external image at expense of internal quality, the company's strength.
Good company
Civil Technician II (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCDecember 26, 2012
Pros: good training
Good company, the enviroment is relaxing. The people that work there are very encouraging
Stay Clear poor management, No Advancement
Management (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 7, 2012
Pros: employee owned
Cons: no loyality to staff. very poor management
Very poor management structure, no room for advancement in the company. The work life balance is poor. The Technical staff are great but this company is laying off. If your utilization is down this company will drop you quick.
Productive workplace with great Christmas Gift Card Giveaways!
Admin I & Admin II (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 3, 2012
Pros: located in austin, tx
Cons: collection calls
A typical day at work: Up to my nose in paperwork.

What you learned: Lots about soil.

Management: A work in progress...

Your co-workers: They were great!

The hardest part of the job: Collection Calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting deadlines and doing my job well.
Very, very poor
Sr Technical (Former Employee), Upstate PADecember 1, 2012
Pros: technical people are great
Cons: management is the pits
Extreme example of Peter Principal through out organization.
Poor management, no on-boarding, no communicaton
scientist (Current Employee), Greater pittsburgNovember 17, 2012
Pros: employee owned
Cons: unprofessional managers
Picture being dropped in the wilderness with only a parachute, that is what working for this company is like. No resources, no communication, unqualified people in authority and you are expected to know all their procedures and systems from day 1. Stay away.

About Kleinfelder

The Kleinfelder Group isn't afraid to get its hands dirty. Since its start as a materials testing lab in 1961,┬áthe company┬áhas – Read more