Kleinschmidt Associates, a nationally known engineering and environmental services consulting firm with regional offices coast to coast is seeking a Senior Hydro Engineer to help lead engineering efforts for our Madison, Wisconsin office location.
- Opportunity to lead the growth of a new regional office
- Experience with complex design, repairs, and/or construction of hydro projects
- Ability to work directly with clients and forge long term professional relationships
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and remotely
- Interest and demonstrated ability to market firm services and capabilities
- Actively participates in local, state or national engineering societies or associations
- Possesses highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Project Management ability
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and hold a Professional Engineer license
- A minimum of 8-15 years of experience as a consulting hydro engineer or in a related field such as with a hydro utility
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States.
The successful candidate will immediately begin business development efforts and participate as part of a team of technical professionals working on hydro and other “green energy” projects in the U.S. with a focus in the Midwest Region. The successful candidate will be teamed with Kleinschmidt’s senior staff in the fields of structural, civil, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical engineering including work designing hydroelectric and fish passage facilities.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm. Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.