Kleinschmidt Associates, a renewable energy and water resources consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Hydroelectric Engineering Consultant to help lead engineering efforts for our Gresham, Oregon office location. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to work directly with clients and forge long term professional relationships
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and hold a Professional Engineer license
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a consulting hydro engineer or in a related field such as with a hydro utility
- Interest in and demonstrated ability to market firm services and capabilities
- Experience with complex design, repairs, and/or construction of hydro projects
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and remotely
- Actively participates in local, state or national engineering societies or associations
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States.
The successful candidate will immediately begin business development efforts and participate as part of a team of technical professionals working on hydro and other “green energy” projects in the U.S. with a focus in the Pacific Northwest. The successful candidate will be teamed with Kleinschmidt’s senior staff in the fields of structural, civil, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical engineering including work designing hydroelectric and fish passage facilities.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm. Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.