KLJ

KLJ United States Employee Reviews

wonderful people to work with
Intern (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
civil engineering firm dedicated to excellence.
buildings
transportation
airports
lots of freedom
work inside and outside the office
Lots of hours
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Minot, NDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free fruit on mondays and wednesdays, great staff and management
Cons: no work vehicles unless you are a surveyor, long hours in the summer
It is a great place to work as a temporary intern because you can cram lots of hours in during the summer when you don't have class. I think it would be a good place to work later in my career, but for entry-level engineers, you'll mainly do inspection.
Rapidly Growing Company With Endless Opportunities
CADD Technician (Current Employee), Billings, MTAugust 4, 2014
Pros: ample opportunities to continue learning, often try to promote from within, consistent company culture, benefits
Cons: growth causes offices locations to quickly outgrow their buildings
After almost two years at KLJ, I can say that this is a great company to work for. The management may not seem readily available at first, but since I’ve been working here they have always shown interest in my work and answered any questions or concerns I've had. There is also a great benefits package combined with internal learning opportunities and development programs. While I had my concerns about KLJ's rapid growth, they often promote from within by offering new job opportunities internally first. Overall, I believe this company is an excellent choice with its many opportunities to learn, great benefits package, and ability to promote from within.
Excellent Career Choice with Limitless Potential
Engineer I (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMarch 8, 2013
Pros: flexible, fun work environment, learning and professional development encourged potential for advancement in any position
Cons: growing pains
I have been with KLJ for alomst three years and am still very happy with my decision to move to KLJ. I have worked in several areas of the company and each experience has provided me with invaluable experience to my overall career. The opportunities to grow within the company are endless. The work environment is flexible and employees are encouraged to explore their full potential to serve in various capacities. The company’s culture is very open and innovative and new ideas and improvements and are always welcomed. Hard work is valued and there anyone who does so is rewarded for their efforts. I would absolutely recommend anyone who values these same principals to explore KLJ as an option to begin or advance their career.
Great Company to Start or Boost your Career
Engineer I (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, company stability, leadership & advancement oppurtunities, company/office culture, defined career path
Cons: vacation leave, coffee (but at least it's free)
I began my career at KLJ as a summer intern between my junior and senior year of college. I was offered a full time position upon graduation less than 2 weeks after I returned to college for my final year. Having that security as college senior was priceless. From that summer I learned that KLJ is a very stable company that values its employees as much as their clients. After 5 plus years of working here and seeing the company double in size, those values have not changed. The culture really reflects that and you can see it with the charitable giving, training and mentoring provided. I have also been very pleased with the various leadership and advancement oppurtunities. These have come due to in large part of the open communication line between myself, supervisor and upper mangement. The harder I work, the more responsibility and benefits I see. Most importantly, the work I do gets NOTICED. I highly recommend KLJ to any potential employees.
Excellent Place to Work
Administration (Current Employee), MontanaNovember 16, 2012
Pros: benefit package, professional development, collaborative workplace, knowledge-base, working environment
I have had a great experience working with KLJ. The company is growing rapidly, however it's making the necessary steps to do so with minimal growing pains. There are multiple office locations that are building new office space to accommodate the growth and management has taken an active role in providing structure and guidance to their new employees. The company itself has a philanthropic position and cares about the relationship with its employees and promotes their wellbeing. A reflection of this are benefit packages which are very competitive as well as compensation. Professional development is encouraged and there are many opportunities for training. My experience with the company’s leadership has been nothing less than motivating and they genuinely care. In a company this size you may expect bureaucratic arrogance, but I have yet to experience anything of the like. The leadership has a calculated vision for the company’s success and future and has made smart choices in this difficult economy. Overall I think KLJ is an excellent place to work.
Terrible environment and upper management
Engineer ll (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDOctober 31, 2012
Pros: benefit package is attractive
Cons: upper management arrogance, lack of leadership, poor client relations and communication
I have never seen a company with such an extreme dichotomy between how they present themselves, and how they really operate. Upper management are arrogant and they are oblivious to overt verbal abuse and discriminatory practices taking place within the various practice areas. In my short time of employment, I witnessed management disregard the best interests of our clients multiple times due to arrogance or incompetence. The environment is stressful and as a new employee, it is like solving a mystery to learn the KLJ standard protocol and management is unwilling to help. I do not recommend working there.

About KLJ

For over 75 years, KLJ has provided engineering and planning solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. – Read more

KLJ Salaries