KLLM Transport Employee Reviews

stressful environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 22, 2017
No good feel of team playing, helping each other. Management was very uncomfortable to be around. Daily job was fun and productive.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
no breaks, stressful environment
Same as all
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson msFebruary 16, 2017
This company act the same way as many other trucking companies out there after working for them the 1st 3 months is great , but after that your mileage will drop real bad with the excuse that freight is getting slow and constantly have to remind them that I need mileage
To pay for lease and soo many bad decision made by dm when it come to move loads from one place to another when apptmt is far away just for someone else to have it, making you wait for another load.
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
No miles or stop caring for old drivers
Nice place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2017
Nice place to work at.. Have you home at good times.. Supervision is awesome.. Nice trucks 10 speeds.. I love working at kllm because they give you a chance to grow with the company.. If anything come open in you choose it it's yours..
Ok
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJanuary 9, 2017
The people in positions once you been placed by the office are really not professional at all the mix pleasure with business at anyone's expense with no remorse
Works on a daily basis driving a truck
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 4, 2017
Worked on a daily basis driving a truck around the United States delivering product. Delivered product throughout the United States 365 days a year.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Would be gone from home all the time
Best company I ever worked for!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSDecember 26, 2016
Made the most money and best home time.
Always the best large fleet equipment.
Dispatchers really cared for drivers..even the CEO was a cool guy to
run into at terminal.

Was never cheated on miles or reimbursements. If i needed an advance it was OK..If truck needed washed they would gladly send it to blue beacon.

If I had never left my life would likely still be great today.

Regretted leaving as the grass was not greener on other side, later on being ran over by a JB Hunt driver who forgot to sit his parking break in a Pilot parking lot putting me in a wheelchair for life.
Pros
Made the most money and best home time.
Cons
It's a decent company with alot of BS
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Richland, MS 39218December 22, 2016
There's a lot of sitting and scarcity of freight. They could do alot better when it comes to managing freight and drivers, but I will say I love that they have truck wash bays at each terminal, and as a lease driver you get paid mileage pay which sucks!
KLLM Is a good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 19, 2016
It has its ups and downs just like every company.
If you are willing to work hard and move up there are not opportunities.. that is about the only down fall.
Once the company expands I think it will have a lot more to offer.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough oppertunities to advance
No home time
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 8, 2016
Dispatch keeps out past your home time. And if you do get home time is hours away and have to get there on your own dime. Loads are paid from zip code to zip code so you will short 30 or more miles in the prosses.
Pros
Owner op.
Cons
No home time.
KLLM is mostly a lease operator company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 18, 2016
KLLM is mostly a lease operator company. No company benefits such as health but at a higher rate than regular company employees. Great lease owner operator program with a $1.00 pay out at end of lease and/or a walk-a-away lease if lease operator is not what you like being.
Pros
Great lease progarm for first time truck buyers.
Cons
Health benefits at higher rate than regular company employees.
Fun workplace with free gym and Tv.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 17, 2016
My experience at kllm didn't go so well. There was Inconsistent pay every week, from 1100 one week to 300 the next week. I could never get home time on the days I put in for, it was always 1-3 days after.
Pros
Free showers and Great benefits
Cons
Bad dispatch
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 16, 2016
UP AT 5
SAFETY FIRST
GREAT Mngers
great co workers
getting unlost
backing into loading dock

check check cheeck check check check check
Was a good company at the start until they started to slack on loads and have drivers sitting for days without anything to make money.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 5, 2016
I liked the company, but the management in Atlanta was horrible. they had me sitting for a week and a half with no money used all i had for a hotel and would not help me fix my Truck. The main terminal in Jacksonville is way better. but the Atlanta Terminal needs or needed better dispatchers and management. The Other Drivers were very friendly and willing to talk of the business to those new to trucking. much respect to them.
Great Company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSApril 30, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Owner/Operator is the best way to go. It allow you the opportunity to train new employees after a year. Get home time whenever you request at least a week in advance. Opportunities to choose your routes.
Overall this is a good job and and the coworkers are very helpful
Diesel/Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSFebruary 22, 2016
I liked the fact that I could meet different people and learn different things. This job allowed us to work as a team and as an individual. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different supervisors and not being able to get a clear understanding of what to do about a task at hand. Different supervisors and different attitudes equals a big miscommunication and misunderstanding when everyone is not working together on their part to make sure that employees are getting a full understanding of what needs to be done.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Miscommunication with management
fun place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSFebruary 15, 2016
KLLM Freight is a nice place to work. You get to travel and get paid for seeing the world. But they can keep you away from home to long.
didn,t like OTR and Team driving
Internship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
just worked there while completing my training. I didn't like driving team and being away from home for such a long periods of time being a family man.
Pros
good equipment and maintenance shop
Cons
time away from home and driving team
Large Company, Little Advancement
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richalnd MsJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for KLLM. I loved being in such a busy environment with a high work load. The CEO is a joy to work with but some of the department supervisors are inconsistent with rules and regulations to abide by and it was complicated to perform a job without strict guidelines and every case being treated differently.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
Its Ok.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 4, 2014
A typical day starts early but also depends on your dispatcher and how they continuously provide you with loads to keep you moving. I've learned most importantly that networking with others is a great way to learn how to make improvements in anything that your trying to accomplish. The management I have to say as a whole that I was disappointed in but my fellow co-workers I've always respected no matter who they were. The hardest part of the job for me was losing time and the most enjoyable part to me was "drop and hooks" and being able to continuously move and not waste a lot of time when it wasn't necessary.
Pros
Southeast Regional based out of Atlanta
Cons
Management of Southeast Regional
Management was poor and not driver friendly
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 16, 2014
Punished by minimal dispatched miles to starve me out for refusing to cheat on my logbook

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLLM Transport. Our community is ready to answer.