KLLM Transport Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSApril 30, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Owner/Operator is the best way to go. It allow you the opportunity to train new employees after a year. Get home time whenever you request at least a week in advance. Opportunities to choose your routes.
fun place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSFebruary 15, 2016
KLLM Freight is a nice place to work. You get to travel and get paid for seeing the world. But they can keep you away from home to long.
didn,t like OTR and Team driving
Internship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
just worked there while completing my training. I didn't like driving team and being away from home for such a long periods of time being a family man.
Pros
good equipment and maintenance shop
Cons
time away from home and driving team
Large Company, Little Advancement
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richalnd MsJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for KLLM. I loved being in such a busy environment with a high work load. The CEO is a joy to work with but some of the department supervisors are inconsistent with rules and regulations to abide by and it was complicated to perform a job without strict guidelines and every case being treated differently.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
Its Ok.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 4, 2014
A typical day starts early but also depends on your dispatcher and how they continuously provide you with loads to keep you moving. I've learned most importantly that networking with others is a great way to learn how to make improvements in anything that your trying to accomplish. The management I have to say as a whole that I was disappointed in but my fellow co-workers I've always respected no matter who they were. The hardest part of the job for me was losing time and the most enjoyable part to me was "drop and hooks" and being able to continuously move and not waste a lot of time when it wasn't necessary.
Pros
southeast regional based out of atlanta
Cons
management of southeast regional
Management was poor and not driver friendly
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 16, 2014
Punished by minimal dispatched miles to starve me out for refusing to cheat on my logbook
If my wheels aren't turning, I'm not earning!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 27, 2014
As an owner operator with KLLM, I spent more time sitting and waiting for loads than driving. Inconsistent miles led to inconsistent pay; pay that my wife and I found very difficult to live on -- especially after how they go on and on about the great pay you will make with them on their website! What ever decent pay checks I did make, have been few and far between because of this inconsistency. The company does not care about their owner operators or their company drivers, which confuses me because without the driver's there is no company! The staff is also uncaring, especially payroll, and some are even downright rude. I have also found that there is quite a lack of communication between staff members which leads to unhappy, stressed out drivers because questions don't get answered.
Cons
inconsistency in dispatching, poor communication between dispatcher and driver and dispatcher and staff.
Very good Company to work for, everyone worked well together
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Communicating with our Drivers was the main focus of our daily routine, had to be available and assist them with all I had and make their job as easy as possible. Great Mgt team, all Mgt. made sure we all had the tools necessary to do our jobs in a timely and professional manner. Co-workers all worked together and helped out when and where we were needed. The one thing that we had to focus on was making sure all of our customers were notified in case of delivery running late, or to Reschedule if necessary. I liked all areas of this position, got along well with the drivers and had an encouraging word if they were having a bad day, what ever I could do to make their day a little better for them.
Pros
kllm was like a big extended family. great mgrs and supervisors
Cons
health care could have been better....
Great Company
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2013
Reliable, customer-oriented driver with excellent time-management skills,Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations to transport and deliver products, livestock, or materials, usually over long distance.Maneuver truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
Pros
good money and good opportunity
Cons
being away from home
very hands on work environment
Dispatch manager & load-planner (Former Employee) –  dispatch manager & load-plannerAugust 9, 2013
Learned a lot about booking freight, quoting rates and the intermodal experience was a plus.
Management could have been better..
Co-workers were very personable and supportive.
The late night phone calls were extremely difficult at times to swallow..
That feeling when you book a load and see it through to the end knowing you made the company some money..
Pros
the financial compensation
Cons
no lunches and terrible part of town
Great Place to work and very nice people
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 7, 2013
• Drove two and three axel trucks across the United States. In addition to driving, maintained accurate records and logs. Utilized truck computer to communicate with dispatch.
• Expertise in all geographical areas throughout the United States.
• Ability to utilize both maps and GPS equipment.
• Excellent recordkeeping abilities and management of equipment required for particular driving and shipping and receiving projects.
• Ability to maintain inventory of products.
• Maintained continuous communication channels open with supervisors and workers to organize workloads and troubleshoot varying issues.
Pros
company get togethers bbq's
Cons
healthcare, and the pay
Kept me on my toes
Fleet Manager/Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 23, 2013
You meet a lot of different people and I got to work doing what I do best-helping people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not exactly a 9-5 job.
ok place to work
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 21, 2013
staff was great, no pressure, safe work place, good trucks, ok supervisor
Pros
safety first
Cons
long days
Good organization to work with
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 17, 2013
As an OTR truck driver, I was happy with all of the communication resources that were available to me.
Loved the atmosphere and the people
Administrative/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 7, 2013
I worked in the safety / orientation department. Each week we had to cover a particular amount of information to the new drivers, including background checks/drug testing, safety, and benefits packages. I learned how to use Powerpoint hands-on in this position. In this position sometimes there would be a background or medical problem that would cause a problem with a potential new hire and having to withdrawal the offer of employment would be the hardest part of this position that I witnessed. The most enjoyable part of this position was getting to work with a new set of people each week, which kept it interesting. But I enjoyed the atmosphere of the people I worked with here, it had a close friendly, family oriented feel and was very relaxed and comfortable.
Pros
free lunch, good work team, breaks
Work
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 18, 2012
I didn't. Ever have home time. Wen I did ask in advance for home time it was usually refused. I didn't make near as much money as I thought I would have

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLLM Transport. Our community is ready to answer.