KLLM Employee Reviews

Backing essentials
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJanuary 12, 2017
In order to be effective in driving truck you need to beable to put a 53 ft long trailer into a very tiny tight spot and with out proper training you will end up with some incidents on your recorded that you will be unable to take care of without someone else giving you a chance to prove that you can and will learn to do it. I suggest that their trainers spend more time on teaching new drivers on how to squeeze a big stick into a tiny hole, figurative that is. Other wise this would be a very good company to work with.
Pros
good pay per mile
Cons
not enough training given to backing a 53 ft trailer
Criminal Activity
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 31, 2016
KLLM in Lancaster TX illeagally searched my belongings without consent while I was testing and kicked me out of the academy when they found crushed beer cans in my backpack. I never signed any form saying my property could be subject to search EVER. I still went on There days later to get my CDL through a company That actually trains you well to be a driver. I dont want to hear rebuttle....I know for a fact it is illegal to search property without consent and I DID NOT give consent.

Bottom line. I will keep posting things about my experience with this company. It was very good until I was targeted by certain staff members for my personality.
Pros
They feed you some stuff
Cons
They are a bunch of powertrip
Got to see the world.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 18, 2017
Working at KLLM was a great experience for me.I got to see alot of states.Driving a big truck was nothing easy but I made it work for me.Some days was hard in the winter but other then the snow it was a great job.
Pros
Got to see the world
Cons
Away from family to long
best company I ever worked for
Customer Service/ Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXNovember 10, 2016
Great people and wonderful work place. They take care of their employees. Great training. Very family oriented. Always understanding and easy to work with.
Good work place
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 24, 2016
T was a good place of employment the people was nice , my co-worker was nice I would refer this job to my friends and family good work place
Otr driving at it's best
Over the Road Truck Driver owner lease opp (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 8, 2016
The company over all is well organized, has a solid business plan and implements it well.
They really do try to look after their dirvers, and offer all the training an new diver needs to be successful in the otr industry.
For the most part the planners and dispatchers realy work to ensure good home time when ever requested, and try to find the best routes for maximum miles for their drivers. I had to leave due to being closer to family and finish raising children, and took a local driving position. When my family duties are complete, I will return to kllm to finish my retirement. Where else can you go for a true 4 yr no obligation lease opp. With a $1 buy out...
Pros
GREAT START UP FOR A PERSON WANTING TO BE INDEPENDENT
Cons
SOME WORK COULD BE PUT INTO WHEN CHANGES TO FLEET MGMT AND PLANNERS FOR SMOTHER TRANSITIONS, JUST GET BETTER COMMUNICATION...
hopefully you get a good planner
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSApril 26, 2016
wake up, drive, sleep. make your deliveries. wait for dispatch to get you a load. Drive, sleep, repeat and rinse. Hope your planner has a load for you otherwise wait.
Pros
get to chill at shippers and receivers
Cons
get to chill at shippers and receivers
Sucks
Drivee (Former Employee) –  RichlMay 29, 2016
No communication. Have u running late nights. Shipped always late. My check was a -253.. Horrible place hate I went there.
Pros
Free haircuts
Good Job not for someone who is a family person
Professional Trucker Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 23, 2016
pretty good job they offer classes to get your cdl. this is a good company to work for but if you are a family person then this is not the job for you.
Pros
good pay, great way to see the U.S.
Cons
Away from family a lot
Great benefits
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 12, 2015
Working for kllm provides great benefits and job security. The drivers are great to work with and makes job easier for other employers. Kllm also provides great benefit for families
no so enjoyable experience with this company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 4, 2015
my overall experience with this company was shaken at best. being dispatched to shippers but didn't have all the required tools or paperwork to make deliveries like i should. but lucky i have came a across a few patent people and fellow drivers willing to help. but going o thru the company directory to get help no one really had answer and few was willing to help just constant redirection left and right. literally being sent out on my on to find for myself as a company driver with nothing to in hand to go off make sure i was competent of what to do. but however i get the bad end of the stick even thou i call to ask for help with comments being said i should have had proper paperwork and told given to me when it never was. so i end up getting a scolding every time i call ing for help and manage to reach someone to talk to after a few hours of being routed around thru the company directory
Pros
you get to drive a manual semi truck
Cons
no one is competent enough or to willing to help you out once you out of training
great place
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 10, 2016
I'm really glad I made the decision to join the army. It was one of the best places to work and train. the travel was unbelievable.
Very busy office
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 19, 2015
Very busy office but the people were awesome and I made a lot of friends. The management was difficult but all in all I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Meeting friends
Cons
No room for advancement
Good place get to started, but not to continue your career.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 3, 2016
Had great runs over the road, but southeast regional is not for new drivers only for company favorites. You do more sitting than driving.
Best Paying Trucking Company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2013
For a driver, this is by far the best money paying company I could work for. However, dispatchers and planners need to extend delivery times as they often make impossible loads for you to make legally. Often requiring you to run these or face disciplinary actions.
Pros
great pay, decent medical coverage
Cons
management, never home, dispatching, travel times
It's what ever You make of it,
OTR Lease Purchase Driver (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 24, 2015
I've been with this company for a little over a year now. The equipment is excellent. The pay is great if you are willing to sacrifice your home time. I'm usually out 4-6 weeks and home for 4 days. The only tip I give is the find a good dispatcher and find a work/home balance that works for you.
Pros
great pay (Avg 1200/week), excellent equipment, and good office staff
Cons
little home time and occasional problems with dispatcher
Firestone great Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 4, 2015
I spent 20 years with this company, we all became a family, watched each one of our children grow up. I was given the chance to learn every job in our Dept. great Company!
Pros
Great Company
Cons
All Areas weren't trated the same
I loved it there till I got a ticket
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 12, 2015
The only bad thing I have to say about KLLM is that when they tell you no more than 3 preventables, they mean it. I was asked to leave after getting a speeding ticket and then it was over turned by the judge. I have to wait till the end of the year and then I am going back.
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 17, 2013
Can get a great career with KLLM. Great to start with and possibly retire from.
Started out good then went downhill
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 24, 2014
If your weren't in the click you had a hard time finding an empty trailer at a terminal.Ran good miles until the new investor came in. Was never home for Thanksgiving or Christmas but they did pay an incentive bonus if you ran from Christmas through New Years.
Pros
Had a good dispatcher, extra pay fo hazmat loads, got good miles
Cons
Down sizing firing all the top tier drivers for trucking school grads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLLM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8