Kmart
6,151 reviews

Kmart Employer Reviews

Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watertown, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great managers
Cons: Minimum wage
Best place I've worked for! The managers were nice, friendly and super helpful. The pay wasn't that great but the managers really do appreciate their employes
Great workplace with kind employees
Stockman/ Hard-lines Merchandiser (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable coworkers
Cons: insubordinate customers
Overall a typical day would most likely include assisting at least three, to six customer with different situations. Along with stocking as much merchandise with the amount of time I am there, and not with a customer allows me. I also learned how to handle customers in a professional manner. The biggest struggle of the job would have to be insubordinate customers. Reflecting that, the easiest and most enjoyable part of the job would have to be helping the customer to their satisfaction with an acknowledgement.
Very Outdated
General Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: out dated
Kmart has good prices and a good selection. They spend a lot of money in the wrong places and they don't follow the times with technology and fixing up their stores. Employees are very long time employees of 30 years or more with no skills to advance. They spend their money training out of the box hires and leave the employees that are in-house not learning anything new to advance they don't put the time into the associates that they have. hardest part of the job was that we went through District Managers so often.
The best part of the Job was the associates and customers.
Productive and Fun
Cashier, Customer Service Salesman (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Laid back, fun, always had something different to do daily
Cons: not as fast paced as I would have liked
I learned many different skills. I learned the cash registers, and I learned how to work out on the floor. I also learned how to work with different people with all different personalities.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: People
Go to work and punch in than get money tilt and go to cashier register lane. Help customer check out. Offer promotion to customers. Do returns and much more after.
working at kmart was an a experience
Front End Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New-YorkMarch 26, 2015
it was a lifetime experience for me because It thought me the value of the customer that they always placed first in everything, more patient.
not a good place
Night Crew Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great fellow employees
Cons: not good management
I worked hard for this company. Never appreciate their employees as well as threatening to fire employees who were sick and needed time of. Generally one or two sick employees spread to many other employees. Not good management sense.
Opportunity for advancement.
General bookkeeper (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Work very enjoyable and edifying with good working hours.
Cons: Low pay scale.
Fast pace entering of data, preparation for weekly payroll, and counting of large company money received. Respectable management team and co-workers with a friendly family like environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grand Rapids,MIMarch 26, 2015
Friendly coworkers and bosses, can be face paced but there is someone always available to assist you if needed no matter what the issue
Not a very good job.
Cashier (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work was almost always unpleasant. I did not really learn much at this job due to lack of teaching skills and poor management. I was mostly working by myself but the times that I did get to work with others is was decent, I liked some of my co-workers but others did not get along with me very well. The hardest part about this job was to stay busy when there are no customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to associate with the happy customers.
good overall place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), collinsvilleMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great and supportive management
Cons: 3 yrs./ 3 dept. and no payraise
typical day at work was about customer satisfaction and to provide an overall good shopping experience. Co-workers and management were always happy to help in any way they could which made for no hardest part of a job which made any job enjoyable. It was from this job that I learned that I was a good people person.
Stepping Stone to Gaining Experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kearny, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Lack of job security
During my time working as a layaway associate I was able to develop essential customer service skills that will benefit me in the future job market.
Busy workplace, especially during the holidays
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at Kmart had its pro's and con's. The computers weren't updated and when checking out a customer, the computers would shut down sometimes or freeze. The hardest part of working there was dealing with computers. The customers would think its the associates moving slow but it was the computers. The associates were awesome. If you were new and had concerns they would help you figure it out.
very unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), hampton, vaMarch 26, 2015
always short of staff, co workers and management were very unprofessional. the most enjoyable part was meet new people and exceeding customers needs.
This place was well balanced, had a good work ethnic, cares about employees.
Softlines Associate (Former Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 26, 2015
This place helped me gain work experienced, friendships, and taught be various new skills. I personalty would return when given the opportunity. I loved interacting with all the customers and other staff. I especially loved the different personality I encountered day by day.
Kmart
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Marine city, Mi 48039March 26, 2015
Kmart is a good company to work for, the only issue that has occured is that the company has no rasies or bonus oppurtunity in the past 5 years
Always a friendly enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Jasper, ALMarch 26, 2015
Been so long that I worked there i can only remember that everyone there made you feel like family and the Managers always cared about your personal life
Good Part-time Job
Backroom Coordinator & Sales/Checkout Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Its a job that requires no experience
Cons: 20 hour weeks and Payday is on a Monday if you don't have a bank account.
It was fun working a Kmart. Working there gave my resume the boost it needed. The downside is that you won't receive more than 20 hours a week unless you're a supervisor or a manager. That and if you are male, then you will be pulled from your tasks to get shopping carts and unload the truck they get twice a week. Other than that it's a decent place to work.
Medium paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: rewards cards
Cons: breaks and pay
A typical day at work I checked out customers, I did returns and exchanges on customers items, I answered phone calls and directed it to whom ever it was to, I counted the drawer to make sure everything was balanced, and I made sure the cashiers were doing their job. I learned how to deal with different types of personalities and attitudes and to not let it get to me.
kmart review
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMarch 25, 2015
Worked there about 10 years ago. Also a fast paced, high demand job, Was let go because of work force reduction Enjoyed the people and the management team. I learned how price changes, planogram, unit integrity, Register operator, front desk.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kmart

Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers – Read more

Kmart Salaries