Kmart Employee Reviews

My views
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 19, 2017
It is like a family working together. You bond close friendships with other employees. This makes the work go much faster and smoother. It was a hard chose to leave.
Pros
Good friends to work with
Cons
Holidays
Enjoyed my job and the associates.
Ladies/Kids' Lead (Former Employee) –  21st & GarnettNovember 19, 2017
Quick meeting with immediate supervisor to determine if priorities for the day changed overnight which sometimes it did change. Always checked the sales floor and then the stockroom for merchandise that may need to be taken to the sales floor. Some merchandise/products were required to be folded and neatly placed on tables according to brand, cost, style, and color. Since I was the lead I was required to rearrange one department or the other based on need. Answered customers incoming calls and customers that had questions while in the store.

I also worked in the jewelry department which taught me how to tell the difference between 10KT and 14KT. Also learned what metals could be resized without any problem. If I had any questions or problems the managers on the clock were also willing to help. We had computerized training that helped us keep up with information related to the entire store or related to our particular jobs.

Hardest part of the job for me would be assisting an upset customer and the most enjoyable part of my job at K-Mart would be working with the K-Mart co-workers/associates.
Pros
Management would treat associates with lunches or donuts.
Cons
Some associates would take longer breaks than others.
Ok working enviorment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at kmart.Imet a lot of great people in my work experience there.Ienjoyed doing my job assiting the customers.Working on the sales floor.
Overated
Women's Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2017
Working there is very draining. They make you over work and are very cheap people. They don't really care when it comes to your health at all. Favoritism is a big thing there. Be careful of the staff, its like high school all over again.
Pros
Happy and Helping Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, no health care, favoritism, doesn't accommodate
Honest opinion
seasonal cashier (Former Employee) –  Marathon, FLNovember 19, 2017
I loved working here. No complaints. Friendly environment very subtle environment. Very satisfied with overall experience working in kmart supercenter
great place to work
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 19, 2017
great place to work, everyone helps out and training is great, you are able to work at other departments to learn what else is available and giving you knowledge of that product should a customer ask questions you are well informed - - showing that you know what you are doing and it is not just a job !
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
hours are cut sometimes due to budget
Buen trato y mucho back up
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trujillo Alto, PRNovember 19, 2017
En lo único que deben de mejorar es que cuando le den un back Up a un empleado ya sea positivo o negativo que lo ayuden a mejorar o ayudar a otros empleados con consejos o charlas.
Pros
Seguro medico.
Cons
Prioridad a empleados full time.
Productive retail workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 18, 2017
I was Assistant Manager in all departments. I learned all departments policies and procedures. I enjoyed my job. No complaints. We were a great team. I enjoyed working with every single one of my employees. They were all compliant and hard working.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
No cons
Very nice staff and always ready to help
Seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 18, 2017
Kmart is great job for younger people considering that the pay is so low. $7.25 an hour with only working 3-4 days a week was really hard to keep up with bills and everything else in life.
poor lack of the retail buisnes
STOCKER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 18, 2017
every time i was at work customers would just come to me instead of customer service or management because they would say we just got the product and dont know much about it..
Pros
Cons
the job
no room for growth
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
I been with this company for 7 years. no raises at all unless you kiss up majorly. if your not a lead or a favorite don't expect to get much hours in this store
Pros
they will hire anyone
Cons
no room for growth
Thanks Kmart
Assist in handling and solving member needs (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVNovember 18, 2017
What i learned most about Kmart is that its great to have friend that care more about their friends then the work but i believe that why I had the opportunity to work.
Over worked, under paid
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 18, 2017
It was very fast paced, with an overwhelming amount of work for little pay. They demand a lot from someone with very outdated technology that they keep trying to put new software on and it just makes it even more slow.

Service desk is rough, especially when you get yelled at by angry customers because of policy changes that we cannot control.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
rare breaks, over worked underpaid.
i enjoyed my job as a kmart employee
Lead Department / Soft-lines (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 18, 2017
i worked there for 30 years and would not have stayed if i did not like the variety of jobs i performed. benefits were good and for the most part, management was reasonable, until the store became a sears essential.
Pros
left, for the most part to do my job as a k-mart employee
Cons
when turned to a sears, hours were not good
Huge disconnect between corporate, store workers and customers
Cashier, Christmas Specialist Rewards Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MINovember 18, 2017
Corporate management needs to get done on the floor of an actual store, run the registers for a few weeks to see how customers react to some of the stuoid stuff corporate wants floor people to do and see how it slows everything down unless there are a LOT more lines open which they don't allow.
Corporate needs to give merit pay on an individual basis not based upon how well the whole store does. It is insulting to good workers.
Pros
Great buyers. They sure can find the good stuff a good prices.
Cons
Terrible pay, no raises unless the whole store qualifies for it.
fast paced, un organize
Cashier* Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
A day a work was always something new and different, yet no organization or clear direction. It was a fast paced atmosphere filled with many peel and From different countries. We had the chance to learn and greet many different people and needs.
Pros
big and filled to suit all needs.
Cons
too big and organized.
Competitive work environment
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 18, 2017
I make sure at Kmart i do my job very well and professional. At times it can be very stressful during the holiday seasons,but i can handle stress very well.
Pros
Free food and holiday parties for Kmart employees
Cons
No raises or long term job security
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTNovember 18, 2017
I worked here during high school. it was a fun environment> Always doing different jobs and tasks. It was a perfect first job especially during high school>
Pros
easy job, fun managers
Cons
didnt get to work full time
Customer service cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Kmart the staff was friendly and the customers was outstanding it was a great place to work as a part time employee. I was a team player on all assignments
Enjoyed working for Kmart
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 17, 2017
It was a very relaxed environment with absolutely excellent management and I enjoyed every day that I worked for this company, I would recommend working here to anyone
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8