Kmart
6,735 reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

Very hard management to work under
Cashier (Former Employee), Seneca, South CarolinaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: Breaks came the last hour of your shift
The managers that I worked under where chaotic. They disliked helping their employees and were rarely around to answer employee questions. I enjoyed working with the public and enjoyed my job on days when my manager was involved. My co-workers were wonderful. They always picked up the managers slack and helped with any questions I may have had.
productive and busy
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: none
this company was great, i was able to meet new people in a small town. the employees where awesome and the hours was great. i had to relocate back richmond
management at various stores
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 1, 2015
my first job will carry over to other jobs. quickly moved into management. lots of co-workers. job not hard but not easy. fun watching sales grow if my ideas.
very busy and fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee), bronx, nyJuly 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks, hectic schedule
typical day at work is to tend to customers and money, as well as keeping the store tidy.co- workers are very helpful though.
Positive place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 1, 2015
making sure everyone was safe at the end of my shift, I enjoyed working with management and my fellow co workers. the hardest part of the job was going home.
A place where you can advance careerwise
Department Manager (Former Employee), PRJuly 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Change of schedule without a 2 week prior notification
Busy atmosphere,always fun to help customers and getting the inventory for sales. Fun to change the layouts of the merchandise.
fun friendly work place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 1, 2015
A TYPICAL WORK DAY PROCESSING AN AVERAGE OF 30-40 TRANSACTIONS EACH DAY IN A TIMELY MANNER HELPED CUSTOMERS SELECT PRODUCTS THAT BEST FITS THEIR PERSONAL NEEDS. BALANCED THE NEEDS OF MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS SIMULTANEOUSLY IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT FRIENDLY HARD WORKING CO- WORKER. NEVER EXPERIENCED AND BAD NOR HARD PART WORKING WITH THE COMPANY AND EVERY DAY COMING INTO WORK WAS ENJOYABLE.
Kmart Review
Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2015
The common workers are very nice, but management is horrible. Overall, the store is disfunctional and disorganized. They have obvious flaws in function, therefore losing money for the company. Large amounts of waste are commonly displayed.
Great team
Footwear Lead (Current Employee), Ripon, WIJune 30, 2015
freight & customer service on a daily basis
service desk back-up
professional management team
hard working and pleasant co-workers
resets could be a challenge
delivering a wow member experience
Terrible work envrioment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Cons: terrible management and rude employees and customers
Not a steady schedule, management treat you terribly. Co-workers are mixed, some are nice and others are rude. Many of the customers want to treat you horribly and except you to be there with a smile on your face. Management always tried to rob you of a break/lunch, never want to let you go on a break.
dead end job
Cashier,Electronic's Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: schedule adjustable to your avalability
Cons: no benefits or raises unless you are promoted...
its all part time hours, no advancement unless you are promoted, no benefits to cause incentive to work hard or stay at the job...
A fun working environment with wonderful coworkers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Douglas, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: More experience
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, raise, hours
Fun work place with helpful managment. Working hard has it's rewards but helping others will reap greater rewards. Getting hours is hard and keeping them is harder but when I can work I do anything I can.
have room for advancement
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
its a fun place to work you meet new people everyday and management there is excellent. they have lots of room to advance within the company.
Productive and Knowledgable place to work
Garden Shop Associate (Former Employee), Mableton, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Willing to teach you whatever you wanted to know
Cons: Part time pay, full time hours
A typical day at Kmart was very easy going. From time to time you would get difficult customers. As long as you approach the situation with a calm and positive attitude, then the situation would quickly get resolved. But overall, I learned so much about the retail industry with this company.
Too many responsibilities.
Lead Assistant Jeweler (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJune 30, 2015
As a lead jeweler I didn't get paid enough for all the responsibilities I had and for all the overtime worked hours I put into my job, customer's were rude and management was unorganized and did not treat their employees fairly.
Very life and fast paced
Cashier-Checker (Former Employee), Lansing, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: Frequent breaks
Cons: Rude customers
Learning to communicate with customers is key in the environment at K-Mart. All staff is friendly and outgoing, helping one another.
Such a drag
Layaway Associate (Former Employee), Dublin, GAJune 29, 2015
The management team at this particular Kmart is sub par. Store managers are sent in and sent out every 6months - year. The selection is poor, the staff doesn't seem happy.
Not a bad job for minimum wage
Backroom Locator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great employees, rewards program
Cons: Little opportunity for advancement, no pay raises
Kmart has great employees and loyal customers. They also have a good rewards program. They're very flexible with availability as well.
Very productive store. I'm always learning new things
Hardlines Team Member (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJune 29, 2015
Pros: Food sometimes bought for workers a couple Friday's outta the month
Cons: Low pay
Hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers that do not have patience. Like if we ran out of an item that was on sale and we didn't have any in the stockroom or on the sales floor. The customer could become angry because they made a wasted trip/
Fun job
Footwear Lead (Former Employee), Caledonia, WIJune 29, 2015
It was a fun job that was never boring, i always had something to do. Being a perfectionist i loved making my department look as clean and orderly it can be. Being able to use the computer to make signs was also a good use of my skills, but schedule was crazy and upper management were very strict.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kmart

Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers – Read more

Kmart Salaries