Kmart
5,756 reviews

Kmart Employer Reviews

Calm atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Oregon, OHJanuary 23, 2015
It was always a good day at work. Smiling faces, nice co-workers. I didnt learn much since it was just a temp job. The hardest part was all the prompts and cart pushing. Overall its a good job.
it was okay
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: no management, no set lunch schedule, rude customers, rude employees
I worked at Kmart seasonal as a service desk associate and then a checkout supervisor. I liked it at first, until they mass hired and there was way too many chiefs and not emough Indians. With that being said, everyone thought they were the boss because there was no clear line of authority. The actual managers were never anywhere to be found, so the person with the highest seniority generally tried to take control and that sparked a chain reaction.
Productive and interesting
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work varies, meaning everyday is not the same. One day you can come in and have your normal routine, such as merchandising, helping customers and so on. Other days it can be busy, you can be short staffed and have to pick up where ever need be. Working for this company has brought me a lot of patience, and has taught me how to properly deal with the public. My management is wonderful, couldn't ask for better. The hardest part about my job would be exceeding my expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping those rare customers that make your day exciting.
fun
Electronics sales-rep, Cashier (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAJanuary 23, 2015
a fun and fast paced work enviernment where the hardest part of the day was talking to the management to change my work times. since they where good at making my hours at the time i was in class.
Able to work in many areas
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 23, 2015
-Variety of tasks each day
-Learned customer service and product information
Just a Job
Overnight Stock Crew Member (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Hard work for little pay. Management isn't helpful, co-workers are just workers with little aspirations. The hardest part about working there was seeing your check after all the work you have done.
productive
Merchandise Claims & Control (MC&C) (Former Employee), Torrington, CTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fast pace, always changing
Cons: under appreciated
I worked in the fast pace backroom, processing all the returns, recalls hazardous materials and accurately maintaining all the proper document as well as recording dollar value of all merchandise that went through my hands that day.
kmart
Stock Porter/Cashier (Former Employee), 2801 West State Street, Olean, NY 14760January 23, 2015
A typical day at work, would consist of me starting with small jobs, or unloading truck depending on the day of the week. Also i par take in assisting customers with carry outs and carry ins. I learn how to interact greatly on a 1 on 1 with customer. The team was for the most part up beat and positive. the hardest part of the job was being new to assisting with unloading directly from the truck. The overall exp of it all was enjoyable.
good starter job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bennington, VTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: low pay salary and too few hours
Management really is willing to work with employees when it comes to your schedule, and availability. There is usually always something to do. The hardest part sometimes is dealing with customers.
Its overall a good place to work.
Cashier/Softline Merchandiser (Current Employee), Augusta MaineJanuary 22, 2015
Its a good place to work... The people that work there are easy to get along with... :)
Kmart
Kmart (Current Employee), Garfield Heights, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: its easy
Cons: havent got a raise
Working at kmart is not that bad, I learned more cashier skills, and stocking skills, and much more. and my co-worker are very nice their isn't anything wrong with my job.
Productive and experienced lead
Jewelry Lead (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: full time, benefits, being responsible for my own area, great customers
Cons: having to be back up cashier sometimes
A typical day at work includes greeting customer in my area and asking if they want to look at any fine jewelry. I show jewelry and make announcements over the intercom about the great sales for the week. I merchandise my area and straighten any area that needs attention. I help cover the service desk for breaks and answer the phones. I process transactions when the front end gets busy. I work with receiving to get my merchandise received. I also work with claims to send out any damages. I audit high priced jewelry twice a week. I delegate tasks to my employees. The hardest part of the job is the audits if something comes up missing having to work with loss prevention to find it. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer happy whether they purchase something or not.
Job is great for high school students
Cashier and Stocker (Current Employee), Palatka, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great job for a high school student
Cons: little hours
This job is great if you are a high school student and looking for some pocket change... This is not a company you would like to make a career with. There are not to many full time opening within the company most of the jobs are part time with little benefits.
fun work place
Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Avenel, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Fun place to work, management was so so they played favoritism a lot, but overall it was an okay company
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Zion, ILJanuary 22, 2015
I was able to get some certifications in investigation and be able to do learn how to handle and loved internal investigations. Being able to catch an employee stealing is so much more intense and I enjoyed that so much more than catching external.
A Job
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 21, 2015
If you can work hard with little direction, this is a job worth trying. Management is good and they train well to accommodate the lack of direction during work.
The workplace/employess
Cashier (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJanuary 21, 2015
The workplace here was healthy while I was attending high school. This job brought a lot of meaning to what it takes to be dedicated and team player.
The managers do their best to accommodate their employees with whatever issues those employees may be dealing with in their personal lives.
Hardlines Merchandiser (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
As a merchandiser who works in the Hardlines department, the work is difficult, which is expected for an employee charged with most of the heavy labor involved in organizing the store's merchandise, yet it tends to be fullfilling in the manners of completing a hard day's work. I have enjoyed working with the other employees at Kmart. As I have been trying to learn as quickly as possible, they have not hesitated to give me assisstance when I ask for it. Many of the older employees have actually been great teachers to me. They have also helped me learn how to properly handle customers with more aggressive personifications. This has taught me how to communicate withothers more successfully.
Enjoy working as a cashier.
CASHIER (Current Employee), Fremont, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: use points to save money on purchases.
Stay busy doing light dusting. Learned to focus on listening to customer when saying phone number for reward with store to put in computer. Management is nice. Co-workers are nice. There is no hard part of this job. Enjoy talking to customers and helping them find merchandise.
Fun and out going enviorment
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: discounted items in the store
Cons: not having set hours.
set up work area check schedule and ready the day for my coworkers under me. I was taught to open and close tills for the store and i also was taught to created schedules and manage 5 to 6 people under me. I love all of my job. the hardest thing i had to do was keep up with the needs of others.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kmart

Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers – Read more