Kmart
6,494 reviews

Kmart Employee Reviews

Team Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Perry, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Diversity, Opportunity for advancement
Cons: Compensation, Short breaks, Understaffed
I enjoyed working at Kmart. I'm the type of worker who likes to be cross trained for every department possible and I was working towards that before I had to relocate. Managers were nice and I got along with all my coworkers. The hardest part about the job would have to be on the days where there seem like I was the only cashier, and the most enjoyable part was the interaction with the customers.
Team Member (Former Employee), CAMay 23, 2015
I was only there for a short period of time but, It was organized and the people were friendly. We loved to help customers. I worked at Little Caesars at Kmart. Taking orders making pizza and keeping a neat and clean environment
this job was probably the worst one i've ever had
Hardlines Merchandiser (Former Employee), Shelby, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: money is always positive
Cons: every aspect of this job is a con, attitudes, pay, training, benefits, hours
The day I started no one gave me instruction. The management never trained new associates. I walked around the store looking at things on my first day because I couldn't get an aswer from a manager about what I was supposed to do. I worked 8 hours a week. The store manager was aggressive but he never guided anyone to work the correct way. They made a woman with multiple sclerosis unload a truck and she fell. The majority of the food on the shelf was expired and overall, This job is and should be a last resort.
Retail enviornment, often worked more than 50 hours a week.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Canton, OHMay 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on all merchandise
Cons: understaffed
Retail managers were scheduled for 48 hours a week. Full-time employee numbers were down, so managers need to take on a lot of the responsiblities that would have previously fallen to assosiates or shift supervisors. Management quality varied from store to store. Corporate sent out goals and merchadising requirements, but was allowed the store manager a great deal of freedom.
It was an awesome experience
Jewelry Sales Representative (Current Employee), Delano, CAMay 22, 2015
I met many people here and they all had a positive impact on my life I did make the effort to type my boss a letter for possible advancement or for more responsibility but it was pushed aside, other then that it was a great experience.
not for someone that wants to achieve
Supervisor (Former Employee), tifton gaMay 22, 2015
My typical day at work I drove metrics. I made sure everyone was on the same page with me. Customer service is a number one to me. My manager Linda Mcdonald was awesome a mentor.
Retail Sales
Customer Service/Cash Room/Front End Lead (Current Employee), Galesburg, ILMay 22, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing, report and metrics, review metrics with my cashiers, issue guildlines to my service desk supvisors, taking care of all customers, filling raincheck orders, overseeing all cashiers, stocking, customer carry outs, and checking that paperwork is being done correctly.
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMMay 22, 2015
Pros: simi good pay
Cons: hard to work for on an emotional level
This company was hard to work for, they where very demanding and overall not very friendly. Not organized and cant keep good employees.
Professional work place
Hardlines Merchandiser (Former Employee), Claymont, DEMay 21, 2015
Was an unprofessional place of business customers and employees were very employees were very unprofessional store manager was very professional in a result the store was closed down due to a variety of reasons but mainly unprofessional place of business.
just hangin on
backroom locator (Current Employee), London, KYMay 21, 2015
seen a lot of changes over the years and lot more changes on the way. not sure will be around much longer.a big family that has been around a long time seen a lot of change and works like a oiled wheel
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAMay 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Easy work and slow paced except for holidays. Time and a half when you work holidays. Friendly co-workers. Hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
Cashier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
Kmart is a great place to work if you like fast paced jobs. You meet different people everyday from different backgrounds. The only downside is their metrics system in which you have to stay above a certain percentage by signing people up for the rewards card and credit cards in order to maintain a good amount of hours for the week. This job is part time and depending on how the managers like your customer service skills, you have a chance on moving up to lead or supervisor. Overall its a decent job.
Hand stack (Former Employee), Warren, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: hot and sweaty enviornment
I enjoyed my years at the kmart distribution center. They used to get us lunches for holidays and that was a plus.The benefits sucked there though.
Great experience.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Food, Manager
Cons: Short breaks
It was a pretty fast paced work place due to the fact that they were soon going to close. I learned how to be much more patient with certain customers and how to work in a group with coworkers. The hardest part of this job was being on a very short time limit for each customer.
Great place to work, Loss prevention team works hand in hand
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Linden, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: All work as a team
Cons: store closed
Good management, well looked after staff, theft is apprehended 3 or more weekly.The hardest part of the job is catching the thief with all the steps.The most enjoyable part of this job is training employees on procedures and customer service.
horrible
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIMay 21, 2015
I hated this job my manager was rude to the workers everyday using curse words toward us.this was the most horrible job i have ever had.
Unproductive work environment
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: employee's discount
Cons: disorganization, shop your way rewards
My local K-mart is very unproductive and very disorganized. The employees tended to lack ambition and were very lazy. We were pushed as employees to shove the Shop Your Way rewards program down customers' throats. Overall, I found the most pleasing part of this job was putting a smile on customer's faces.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Mentor Rd (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMay 20, 2015
EXCELLENT FOR EXTRA MONEY FOR THE HOUSEHOLD
GREAT FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS AND RETIREES
ROOM FOR GROWTH IN THE COMPANY
NICE PEOPLE AND HOPE THE STORE CONTINUES TO GROW AND STRIVE
Good starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Williamsburg, MIMay 20, 2015
Pros: Nice employees and relaxed environment
Cons: Bad communication
The Kmart that I worked was a much more relaxed environment and bad communication comes with that. I did enjoy the employees but they did not have the same work ethic that I did so there was tension. The most enjoyable part of my job was working at service desk and dealing with the constant challenges of every customer. It keeps you on your toes.
Fun workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 20, 2015
Enjoy working with coworkers, and managers.Coworkers are all respectful. Always enjoy going in to work. The management was good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kmart

Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers – Read more

Kmart Salaries