Kmart Employee Reviews

Found 10,363 reviews matching the search
Okayish place
Soft-Line Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 22, 2017
Good to start out in working or with little experience. Was never really trained though, and scheduling was kinda all over the place. Sometimes they were considerate with scheduling but other times someone would get called in last minute on their day off (for example).
Fast Pace Busy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Sales associates are usually working at a fast pace and ensuring the customer has the best experience at your location. Holidays at a retail store are especially busy!
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Key Largo, FLFebruary 22, 2017
The job was very laid back. You may not get a lot of hours at first but it picks up after your first month. Also the manager were very sweet and helpful.
Pros
Nice managers
Not very enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forks of River parkwayFebruary 22, 2017
I did not enjoy this job very much. Managers and supervisors weren't very friendly and I never got many hours. I always had to work night shift or 4 a.m. Pay not very good.
Good place to learn good teamwork to achieve goals.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day involved helping customers, layouts, processing freight,
setting up and monitoring layaways. I learned to juggle different depts. and work with other depts. to achieve goals. A good management team works to give a positive work environment for employees which results in a positive customer service experience.Teamwork pays big dividends. The hardest part was doing well in my job but not being able to keep it due to payroll cutbacks, the best part was working in the layaway dept with customers.
Pros
Good team of Management and Associates.
Cons
Annual corporate cutbacks.
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the day working at Kmart is helping the customers get the things they came in the store looking for and their appreciation of thank you afterwards.
Busy but fun
Great customer service in all demographics (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Working at Kmart was a learning experience. I had fun and enjoyed my co-workers. The customers were not too bad unless the store was busy and we were short staffed.
A great working envioment
Krc Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Kmart. Management was friendly and cared about the employees. The only bad thing was the pay and hours being cut because of sales.
Friendly work environment.
LAYAWAY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Days are busy with keeping the register clean, keeping aisle free of items on the floor and presentable. Management is around if help is needed.
Could be worse and could be better
Softlines Associate (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 21, 2017
I love working with my coworkers. They keep environment fun and it's easy to do a good job with them around. The environment is really relaxed, which helps everyone do their job better. BUT. Store management is HIGHLY lacking in skill and knowledge. They could easily be better in both dealing with people and dealing with the store as a whole instead of making everyone feel bad and annoyed. The hourly wage is very poor and they don't give people enough hours to really make a decent paycheck most of the time.
Pros
Good coworkers, easy to get along with, mostly good training, great first job.
Cons
Very short breaks, NO discount at all, very few hours
Great first job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Perfect for a first time job. willing to work with/around you schedule .
pay is minimum and they do not give raises. every easy to learn multiple departments.
Kmart expirence
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I love working at Kmart everyone was friendly I was able to do what I love sale clothing and electronics I would recommend anyone to work there. the pay is not great but the experience is priceless.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay, security
Challenging and fun place to work
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt BlvdFebruary 21, 2017
It was a challenging and interesting place to work. A typical day entailed working a register and working the floor. Eventually I was moved to the shoe department which I really enjoyed. Management was upbeat and accessible. But the best part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Very unorganized ,hr manager was rude and nasty with customersand employees, check would be short most of the time and they would hire alot of employees and then had no hours
Pros
Cons
HR's manager
Purchasing Assistant
Purchasing Assistant, Corporate Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Kmart was a great place to work but it went bankrupt. I learned a lot there but unfortunately the company moved out of state leaving thousands of people out of work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 21, 2017
As the sales associate there was no advancement, full time position and some of team member would help out and others were lazy. There was no urgency to take care of customers.
Pros
Meal Discount
Cons
lack of hours
Always had an easy work day
Hard lines Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Working at K-mart was fun. Never had any major issues and I got along with employees and customers. The hours I was given were manageable too. The hardest part of the job was making a customer happy as well as making sells with them. The most enjoyable parts of the job is when we had Luncheon with the other employees.
Pros
good pay, group meal on fridays
Cons
short breaks
Productive and good knowing that I help keep financial loss down.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I job was to over see the stores financial cost over the year. That means that I had to make sure all customers and employees were paying for all merchandise. If they weren't paying for all that they purchase my job was to detain them and have them written up give them a warning or lose their jobs.
Pros
Christmas Bonuses
Cons
Shorts breaks and having to detain people especially employees. But it was my job.
Cool summer job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barberton, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Cool place to work, especially in the summer time because I like the gardening shop, its always a chance to go outside and get a feel of the nice days breeze
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
max hourly wages(Hrs. per Week)
Productive - fast paced environment
District/Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Worked for Kmart a long time. Have been there through thick and thin. Very fast paced environment. Management was good. The hardest part of working at Kmart was keeping our good associates on board because of pay. The most enjoyable part was our associates. Worked really hard to get the job done. They (most) were
friends and cared about each other.
Pros
Great associates- hard working. "Family" atmosphere among them.
Cons
No payroll budget (no pay increases). Like many companies now- benefits are less and less.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8