Kmart
6,379 reviews

Kmart United States Employee Reviews

Weak management structure
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 2, 2015
The management at Kmart is subpar and very disorganized. A typical day at work consists of working a register, straightening clothes, etc. Co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is making sure all the clothing and merchandise was straightened and presentable. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers and running the service desk and also layaway.
Retail
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Low Pay
Not enough training for loss prevention
Many responsibilities and not enough pay for what the job actually entailed.
The job was mundane
workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: breaks
my co workers were nice
I enjoyed working with customers
positive energy in work area
variety of people
nothing was hard, the training was very quick and easy
enjoyable party was working with the customers
met a lot of people who weren't from new York.
fun workplace
Evening Supervisor (Current Employee), Seneca, SCMay 1, 2015
Working at Kmart definitely has its up and down days. Store manager is awesome and tries to work with everyone. ASM not so great. However, the biggest downfall is no raises, hard to advance, and continual loss of employees. Other than that, the team work together and even becomes a small family.
My first job out of high school so it was great
Electronics Department Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement and managers acknowledged hard work
Cons: Had to leave for College
K-Mart was one of my first jobs out of high school. I started as a regular cashier for part-time, but soon after my 3 month probation I was moved to the electronics department. I handled regular purchases and electronics merchandise, money counts and balances as well.
On our Thanksgiving Day sale, my manager left me responsible for the whole department and 5 employees. It got pretty hectic but I enjoy the pressure. That's how I got my promotion for Assistant Manager of Electronics. My responsibilities were to assist the department manager in all department-related activities that included, department supervision, assisting customers, provide excellent customer service, stock the department and keep inventory up to date. Another task included management of lower staff.
Ok
Porter (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 30, 2015
It is ok to work at Kmart for a short time but not long term. You don't get paid enough to do what you're asked to do. I liked it at first until they started to take advantage of my hard working personality.
enjoyable position was promoted to lead tech for front end/ service desk and welcomed the new challanges
Lead-Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTApril 30, 2015
Pros: learning a new habit becoming more of management which is fantastic
Cons: unsupportive management
mainly ran the counter for service department ie returns/refunds/exchanges/ western union. responsible to large amounts of money in different tenders. train on coming new cashiers. up sell credit aps make customers happy by being efficient and friendly. voice intercom store sales the other employees were agar and willing to learn so it made for a nice transition but the only downer was the lack of management support when disgruntled associate who was upset i was promoted and not her made it freakishly unbearable to continue my position there. i stepped down so she could take over.
It was a fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 30, 2015
I liked working here because you got to work with other young employees. I usually like interacting with customers. Working at this company had taught me that every product need to be where it should be at because customers will complain.
Ok place to work
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Muscle Shoals, ALApril 30, 2015
Fast paced, very busy at times with very little help from management at any point of the day. No room for advancement leaves a lot to be desired with this company.
ok
salesman (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 30, 2015
electronic salesman did not like the job I didn't like the other employees they were rude to customers so I had to find another job
above average
Cashier (Current Employee), Pleasantville, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: no free lunch
The days are productive I've learned good customer service techniques.The management is very helpful.The environment is very friendly.
kmart
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 30, 2015
i had to go in clock in report to manager they would ither tell me garden center or register the what ever my assingnment was i did it
productive and a fun learning place
Supervisor (Current Employee), 241 wooster rd nApril 29, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the rude customers that think they are right
a typical day at work is returning things for customers and helping out cashiers when they need it. I learn something new everyday, such as how to better myself as a person and how to make everyone around me better than they were at their job before they walked in. My coworkers are some of the best people i have worked with. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with people who do not listen to you and then you have to end up being the "bad guy". The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the happy customers shopping and leaving the store happy.
Great team affiliated workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Presque Isle, MaineApril 29, 2015
I am a customer service associate, my responsibilities are regular checkout transactions, return merchandise transactions, scheduling coworker break and meal periods, and assisting customers with locating products/areas of the store.
a lot of co-worker are lazy especially the cashiers
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), silver springApril 29, 2015
is unclean. there are rats. kmart is not organize.they like to give u part time hrs and work you full time with no benefit. managers do not appreciate the employees
Clean environment. Quotas are borderline unreasonable.
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good hours. Clean safe work environment. Average pay.
Cons: Unreasonable quotas. Not much room for advancement.
Put pallets away using forlift. Equipment was well maintained and always performed well. No problems with coworkers or management. Quotas were a bit high and difficult but not impossible to obtain.
Easy Going
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Yankton, SDApril 29, 2015
I worked service desk and it was very easy and slow paced. The hardest part of my job was irrational customers. The co-wokers were very enjoyable and fun.
friendly co-workers, lots of job opportunity, well managed
Supervisor (Current Employee), 4023 south noland road, Independence, moApril 29, 2015
love working here. I am needing full-time and day shift, that is the only reason why i am seeking other employment.

you will ingage with shopping customers and help with the look of the store.

I have learned so much about the importance of customer service and all the details that go into working for a department store.

the hardest part of the job is trying to make the hard to handle customers satisfied.
Ok Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 29, 2015
This job was OK to work at but there were some downfalls that I would rather not discuss. Other than that I have no complaint regarding this place of business
Team Work
Assistant manager store (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Party for team member to thank them from company level.
Cons: Had no binfits package for team members
IF I can go back in time will not change any think Yes Kmart to me was one of best place to work in had great team players. everyone had fun and enjoy there work. The hardest part of job as management team was salary budget to keep long term workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kmart

Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers – Read more

Kmart Salaries