Kmart Employee Reviews

Great job with flexible schedules.
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), El Centro, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Fun work place with team players.
Cons: Positions getting cut and trying to adjust.
Great working atmosphere, multiple position to choose from. Good team players, busy during holidays and fun to meet and help customers.
was just a job
warehouse (Former Employee), ForestPark GAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: pay
Not a good place to work for because management is not perfessional. They allow associates to get in argument with no discipline.
Fun place to work. It was never boring.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Barberton, OHAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Supportive managment, always new things to keep you learning
Cons: Big corporate red tape.
Typical day at work would be first getting all money ready for store to open, then balancing all register bags from day before, correcting any discrepancies, bank deposits, entering any 30 day receivable payments, invoicing, and filing all paper work for all office functions. Training all new office associates. Management was very supportive and I could always trust in them. Co workers were great and we had fun but always got our work done also. Of course there was the red tape and politics when you work for a large company.
Was able to get two promotions in less than two years
Customer service Associate/ Cash Office (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: management
I started out as a cashier and three months later started working on the customer service desk and after a year on the desk got promoted to the cash office.
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Metairie, LaAugust 28, 2015
When I was employed at Kmart, it was a great environment. I loved the co-workers and the managers. I love putting smile on customers' face and see that my job as cashier was appreciated.
not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
the management were did not have good organizational skills. They didd not have the right schedules for each employee during the week. The bathroom were not clean on a regular basis.
gwgwG
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
ULTA employees about ULTA culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job ... A typical day at work ..... ULTA is an excellent company to work for, and is led by one of the more dynamic people in the country
Very pleasant work environment
Office Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts/excellent training
Cons: work load doubled when we were short staffed/low salary
Everyday had something new that needed to be researched or resolved and documented. I learned to work quickly and efficiently on my own. The best part were the people I worked with and the hardest part was trying to find an off duty employee to resolve a discrepancy.
Customer oriented environment
Retail Customer Service, Merchandiser, and Cashier (Former Employee), Steger, ILAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers and management, and a fairly relaxed environment.
Cons: No raises, no advancement opportunities, and few hours .
We strived to please our customers. I learned how to accommodate diverse customers. I acquired great knowledge in merchandising. I had great coworkers and management. We were like one big family. The job was fairly easy. I truly enjoyed helping my customers.
What you learn at Kmart
Cashier (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Kmart you learn various jobs, like working the cash register and learning how to stock the candy bars. The staff that works there is very nice.
stressful place to work
Front Line Manager (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: the bad attitudes
stressful
how to meet and assist others
ok
co-workers didn't respect others enough for me
was dealing with people who didn't want to be at work
was meeting people
Kmart
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kingsland GaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Comfortable work environment
Cons: low pay and no raises
Working at Kmart is a challenge everyday that you go in to work either I am on the floor working the jewelry department, layaway department and the general service areas of the store. I learn something different everyday. The hardest part of my job is the constant walking back and fourth and not feeling that I am gonna get the task for the night completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new members everyday and helping them out.
I loved working there, felt it like a family
cashier/ trainer (Former Employee), Petoskey, MIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short beaks, cold weather
I was a employee that was never late, because I was so happy to go to work. I learned so much and was excited to put those new skills in practice. While most of the people I worked with I loved my favorite was my manager, she was willing to take timeout to help me understand anything and always willing to help out if needed.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the people checking out when there was not enough cashiers to work the registers and the best part was always feeling like I could talk to any employee if I needed to.
Good company
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Customer Service
Cons: Being bored
Typical day would be assisting customers. I enjoyed working with people. Assisting in different departments learning different things. Hardest part was not always keeping busy.
Enjoyed my job
Overnight Stock Crew (Former Employee), Hyannis MassAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Had a great crew that I worked with
Cons: Not enough hours and couldn't take the job with me
I did the overnight stock crew and the only reason I resigned from my job is because I moved to New Mexico. It was a part time position.
not a place to develop or to stay full time
Reset Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: nice co worker
Cons: no advancement
horrible management, no room for advancement or pay raise, expect you to do things that are not part of your job description. people are great
kmart is one of the best jobs I've ever held.
Footwear lead (Current Employee), Glasgow kyAugust 26, 2015
Pros: opportunity to move up the ladder with hard work and perseverance
Cons: part time health care is pretty bad
Kmart is one of the best jobs i have ever held. The people I work with everyday are some of the most thoughtful people I'v ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have learned so many different things about:Integrated retail, and how to deal positively with many different personality types. I love the feeling I get when I have done a good job and our management team recognizes it. The hardest part of this job is, the amount of things that need to be done in the amount of time it takes to keep things rolling with no bumps or hick up. But somehow we manage to get it done.
Clean Store
Layaway Associate (Former Employee), Layaway, CashierAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to work independantly, great to work with management
Cons: No benefits
This was a clean store and the staff were all nice, I was able to work independently and stayed busy. I worked during the busy holiday season.
I enjoy my customers
Evening Supervisor (Current Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Work with and meet fun people
Cons: Short breaks
I enjoy going to work because of my customers. Not everyone is in the greatest of moods but if I could make someone day that was enough for me. Not every is perfect and you learn to accept that from customers and employees but It nice to know that people come back to see you because they enjoyed their last visit.
Ok
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tifton, GAAugust 26, 2015
The job is great within itself but the company is very hard to work for. They don't believe in higher ranking placement and management really does hold there positions.