Knapp Medical Center

Knapp Medical Center Employee Reviews

hard work
Medical / Surgical Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXMarch 8, 2015
the cnas are over worked and hardly help each other. the equipment for taking vitals rarely worked. but i enjoyed helping the patients and showing compassion
Very productive Company
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: not a high paying rate organization
awesome schedule, with great benefits, great people to work with, nice environment at a regular word day, well educated coworkers, and over all very well organized management and there's no hard part of the job.
My First MA job.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Working at Knapp Medical was a fun but very demanding job. It was one one Dr. but he needed alot. But working here gave me the confidence I needed because we were busy but not to busy so that t was overwhelming. My co-workers were great they never got angry when I had a question or messed up. And my manger was great very understanding of alot of things.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: excellent surgical staff
Cons: sometimes understaffed
There is alot of hands on such as bathing, assisting with ambulation, collecting intake/output, answering call lights, and V/S. Excellent staff members, worked very well with them. The only thing was that plenty of times it was under staffed with made the load on us alot heavier. But we tried our best to give the best care we could. Overall I did enjoy did job.
NO WE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING PING PONG TABLES. WE ONLY HAD EMPLOYEE BIRTHDAYS BREAKFASTN ON SPECIAL EVENTS, OUR PARDE FLOAT MOVIES IN THE PARK
Housekeeper or Linen Tec (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: we had a 30 minute lunch break .
Cons: we had a 15 minute break in the mornings or evenings
WELL THE 17 YEARS I WORKED AT KANPP MEDICAL WERE GREAT YEARS. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY.THERE ARE UPS AND DOWNS EVERY WHERE YOU GO. I WAS LAYED OFF AFTER 17 YEARS THEY SAID IT WAS REDUCTION OF FORCE DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS. I HAD STARTED MY EARLY RETIREMENT AT 62 WITH SOCIAL SECURITY SO I WORKED 32 HOURS .SOMETHING THEY UNDERSTOOD AT FIRST THAN EVERTHING CHANGED.I STARTED WORKING AT 3PM THAN AT 4 PM TO DO 32 HOURS.I ASKED TO BE PUT BACK AT 8 DAYS AND 3 DAYS OFF SO I COULD HELP MORE IN SOME AREAS BUT BE ABLE TO WORK MY 32 HOURS BUT THEY NEVER WANTED TO DO IT.IT GOT STRESSFULL . IN THAT DEPARTMENT WE HAD OTHER PERSONNELTHAT ARE ON SOCIAL lSECURITY AND BEEN THERE LOTS OF YEARS AND THEY ARE STILL THERE .I WAS THE ONLY HOUSKEEPER THAT WAS LAYED OFF.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT .I TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE.,I WAS INVOLVED IN THE ACTIVITLY COMMETTEE
did not like it
Financial rep/ER Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 21, 2014
management wasn't good, too many chiefs not enough Indians,
good
Scheduling / Laboratory Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 14, 2014
Great environment to work under. Helpful staff and support
Comfortable workplace, nice team work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I quickly got along with co workers. I learned to work quickly and safely. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
Wonderful team to work with
Pre op, OR Circulator, PACU RN (Current Employee), Weslaco, TexasFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Great team! Nice team work. Able to adapt and achieve no matter what!
busy place
Mammography Tech / X-Ray Tech (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: too busy for me
busy place. too fast pace for me. hours were bad, weekends, night , on call etc.
Great place to work in group
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Weslaco, TexasJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on cafeteria daily menu, insurance (dental, life and health)
Cons: na
Typical day at work be some tough day but mainly very peaceful. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with and the hardest part of the job is everyone wants their repairs done first.
Productive, very busy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: great co-wokers
Cons: managment was ok
It was fun having team work. We always helped each other out when one of us was busy. Great Team
Best place I ever worked.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: got to work from home remotely only going into workplace for occasional meetings.
Cons: department was terminated; hospital was bought out.
Friendly environment, good team mates and great supervisor. Work was made accessible from home so it was great not having to get up daily and go into the workplace every day.
Educational
CNA/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: envirornment
Cons: grave yard shift
Enjoyed working with all RN and LVN because they were always teaching me new things. Quick pace but enjoyed help and caring for our patients. Reason why I had to let go of job because I started LVN school at Valley Grande Institute.
Daily duties
ER Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TexasOctober 25, 2013
Obtaining and confirming demographic information for patients, verify benefits, call/fax request of authorization, collect co-pay/deductibles, answer phones, forward necessary forms to floors of hospital, communicate with nursing staff, doctors and other department employees.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), weslaco txOctober 1, 2013
never work at knapp but it such a great changer of routine. You have to be capable of dealing with death in a daily bases.
A place where you learn something new every day
Case Management/Social Worker (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 17, 2013
I learned various amounts of information as I worked with all different MD specialist. Developed team planning in order to provide well rounded patient care. The hardest part of the job is obtaining resources for patients with limited benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am able to help patients and families during difficult times facing a medical illness or facing loss of a loved one.
Enjoyable place to work
LVN Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 30, 2013
Working the float pool gave me the chance to see various aspects of the hospital and determine what units I wanted to work in and those that I did not.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJune 26, 2013
No matter who we are or what we do, we bring our personal best to work every day. Whatever role we play.
The best team work I have ever had.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXMay 13, 2013
I cared for pre and post op patients along with med-surg patients as well. The hardest part of the job was managing all my patients care along with post ops. Luckily this floor has great nurses and always were there for support.