Knapp Medical Center

Knapp Medical Center Employer Reviews

NO WE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING PING PONG TABLES. WE ONLY HAD EMPLOYEE BIRTHDAYS BREAKFASTN ON SPECIAL EVENTS, OUR PARDE FLOAT MOVIES IN THE PARK
Housekeeper or Linen Tec (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: we had a 30 minute lunch break .
Cons: we had a 15 minute break in the mornings or evenings
WELL THE 17 YEARS I WORKED AT KANPP MEDICAL WERE GREAT YEARS. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY.THERE ARE UPS AND DOWNS EVERY WHERE YOU GO. I WAS LAYED OFF AFTER 17 YEARS THEY SAID IT WAS REDUCTION OF FORCE DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS. I HAD STARTED MY EARLY RETIREMENT AT 62 WITH SOCIAL SECURITY SO I WORKED 32 HOURS .SOMETHING THEY UNDERSTOOD AT FIRST THAN – more... EVERTHING CHANGED.I STARTED WORKING AT 3PM THAN AT 4 PM TO DO 32 HOURS.I ASKED TO BE PUT BACK AT 8 DAYS AND 3 DAYS OFF SO I COULD HELP MORE IN SOME AREAS BUT BE ABLE TO WORK MY 32 HOURS BUT THEY NEVER WANTED TO DO IT.IT GOT STRESSFULL . IN THAT DEPARTMENT WE HAD OTHER PERSONNELTHAT ARE ON SOCIAL lSECURITY AND BEEN THERE LOTS OF YEARS AND THEY ARE STILL THERE .I WAS THE ONLY HOUSKEEPER THAT WAS LAYED OFF.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT .I TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE.,I WAS INVOLVED IN THE ACTIVITLY COMMETTEE – less
did not like it
Financial rep/ER Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 21, 2014
management wasn't good, too many chiefs not enough Indians,
good
Scheduling / Laboratory Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 14, 2014
Great environment to work under. Helpful staff and support
Comfortable workplace, nice team work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I quickly got along with co workers. I learned to work quickly and safely. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
Wonderful team to work with
Pre op, OR Circulator, PACU RN (Current Employee), Weslaco, TexasFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Great team! Nice team work. Able to adapt and achieve no matter what!
busy place
Mammography Tech / X-Ray Tech (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: too busy for me
busy place. too fast pace for me. hours were bad, weekends, night , on call etc.
Great place to work in group
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Weslaco, TexasJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on cafeteria daily menu, insurance (dental, life and health)
Cons: na
Typical day at work be some tough day but mainly very peaceful. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with and the hardest part of the job is everyone wants their repairs done first.
Productive, very busy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: great co-wokers
Cons: managment was ok
It was fun having team work. We always helped each other out when one of us was busy. Great Team
Best place I ever worked.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: got to work from home remotely only going into workplace for occasional meetings.
Cons: department was terminated; hospital was bought out.
Friendly environment, good team mates and great supervisor. Work was made accessible from home so it was great not having to get up daily and go into the workplace every day.
Educational
CNA/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: envirornment
Cons: grave yard shift
Enjoyed working with all RN and LVN because they were always teaching me new things. Quick pace but enjoyed help and caring for our patients. Reason why I had to let go of job because I started LVN school at Valley Grande Institute.
Daily duties
ER Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TexasOctober 25, 2013
Obtaining and confirming demographic information for patients, verify benefits, call/fax request of authorization, collect co-pay/deductibles, answer phones, forward necessary forms to floors of hospital, communicate with nursing staff, doctors and other department employees.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), weslaco txOctober 1, 2013
never work at knapp but it such a great changer of routine. You have to be capable of dealing with death in a daily bases.
A place where you learn something new every day
Case Management/Social Worker (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 17, 2013
I learned various amounts of information as I worked with all different MD specialist. Developed team planning in order to provide well rounded patient care. The hardest part of the job is obtaining resources for patients with limited benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am able to help patients and families during difficult – more... times facing a medical illness or facing loss of a loved one. – less
Enjoyable place to work
LVN Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 30, 2013
Working the float pool gave me the chance to see various aspects of the hospital and determine what units I wanted to work in and those that I did not.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJune 26, 2013
No matter who we are or what we do, we bring our personal best to work every day. Whatever role we play.
The best team work I have ever had.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXMay 13, 2013
I cared for pre and post op patients along with med-surg patients as well. The hardest part of the job was managing all my patients care along with post ops. Luckily this floor has great nurses and always were there for support.
Enjoyable working enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 25, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: travel distance
Overall, it was a good experience working for the hospital.
Great work environment.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Great hospital for learning and honing one's skills. I learned Endoscopy Ultrasound procedures in G.I Lab. I love to educate students that do rotations there, I am very passionate about sharing educational information on each procedure we do. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients.
I learned and enjoy working as a CNA at KMC
CNA (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 1, 2013
I've learned a lot of things with high knowledged and i will treasure it during my stay as a CNA at KMC.
Priceless
RN Staff, Labor and Delivery, Triage, Ante (Current Employee), Weslaco, TXOctober 23, 2012
Nursing shoes: $150
Nursing uniforms: $75
Lunch that you don't get to complete: $6.50
Seeing the look on that first time mom and dads face when they finally sees that beautiful baby: PRICELESS

Being a nurse is the absolute best job in the world!!