Knapp Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 6, 2017
Knapp medical was a good place to work at. I woke up at 9, got there at 10 and started my day. I'm a volunteer, so all i do is help he workers there. The people are nice and also is the patients.
Pros
Working with my mom
favoritism
Charge Nurse in Postpartum (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 3, 2017
no staffing , cutting corners ,wanting workers to work miracles no supplies ,favoritism ,never follow up on complaints ....no supplies available when needed
Pros
get to leave after 12 hours
Cons
no lunches
Ups and Downs
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work. Staff is always ready to help when needed. Which is one of the best parts of the job. As well as, the satisfaction of helping the sick and injured. Unfortunately, one of the hardest part is watching patients suffering.
Pros
Work schedule. Benefits
Cons
Short Lunches.
Accounting Department
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 17, 2017
There are several accounting duties to do in this department. It is a very fast paced with a heavy work load. This type of job is for somebody who is ready to go at 100 mph from the moment you arrive at work to the moment you leave.
Great place to start off for healthcare
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 3, 2017
This is a great employer they work with you school schedule, request of days off, get paid on vacation days, get sick days as well.
Overall this is a great place to work in.
good place to learn
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 1, 2017
This is a great facility with friendly staff. I really like that they put the patient first and incorporated ways to help them heal faster. I really like this facility.
Productive and Great Learning Environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJune 14, 2017
The volunteers and coordinators were amazing, along with the departments assigned to. Every day I learned something new from different people in the departments.
Pros
great working atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Big Family in small hospital
STAFF LVN (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJune 6, 2017
The coworkers and team ethic was some of the best I have experienced. You knew everybody in the entire hospital. The house supervisors were excelsior, miss em.
100% team work
Receptionist and medical records (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXJune 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Knapp medical group. Getting to know your patients, and caring for them. Management was great our supervisor crossed trained us so we were able to move around and help each other. The hardest part of this job was loosing a patient. It was team work 100%.
Great staff
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 2, 2017
Great staff fun to be around, set rotation, every other weekend off, schedule is done for a month, enough hours are given and sometimes overtime, great benefit
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Expensive food
Great learning employment place
EKG Tech ER, Trauma Team (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 19, 2017
Learned life long lessons from all the staff. Very fast paced environment that really pressures an individual to rely on teamwork to get the job done efficiently.
Worked there many years ago.
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 2, 2017
My experience may be very different from today since a lot of things were changing when I left. People had varying opinions on how things were run at the time. If the changes made years ago were good then it would be a positive for the hospital.
Recieving clerk distribution clerk
Recieving Manager (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Friendly working enviroment. Hospital food during your lunch break. 50 percent off. Fast pace since you only have eight hours a day to finish your duties or you will fall behind.
Pros
Friendly working enviroment
Cons
No overtime
Management is very patient oriented and open door policy.
Administrative Director laboratory (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Supportive and dedicated as well as open minded leadership . Leadership allows directors to grow professionally and provide good directives
Patient rounding is expected as well as weekly leadership meeting and monthly Direct Report meetings physician supportive with staff
Pros
Great working environment, awesome staff, supportive leadership, department directors are helpful, CMO and chief of staff supporters as well as all medical staff with organization goals
Cons
Lack of bonous to directors, operational budget not shared as much, productivity guide lines
Productive environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 5, 2017
As soon as I start my shift, the atmosphere sets a welcoming presence for the whole staff and I. The work environment is very pleasing and less stressful with such a great culture and management my department upholds.
Learning and teaching
Vocational Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 29, 2016
I learned a lot from the nurses and they are a teaching hospital this is where I did my clinical and I was always helped never had a person tell me no they would not teach me.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, Tx September 5, 2016November 11, 2016
This hospital has really had a down fall. It used to be a friendly and family oriented . The management is poorly executed and much favortisum. The complaints reported are never taken care of. Poor employee moral and more so with all the layoffs
Pros
Employees work hard
Cons
Too much politics and favortisum
Very great outcome
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 8, 2016
This was our very first clinical roation and this was a very educational eperience we were taught the basics during this time and we enjoyed every moment of it
Very productive and fun to work
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 21, 2016
It is very rewarding to be able to help those in need and at times it tears your heart to know the extend of trouble some of these patients go through to be able to receive medical attention.
Pros
Heart warming, fast pased
Cons
not being to provide all the help to everyone... there are limited vouchers for dental and vision.
Interprets, entering orders.
Staff Pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Interprets, profiling, and filled medications. Checking cassette, doing renal dosing and IV to PO conversions. I appreciate my co-workers including the technicians and we all worked effectively together. The hardest part after we have long downtime period. We have to catch up with pending orders. Most enjoyable part was when the nurses and doctors are making good comments about my department.