Knapp Medical Center Employee Reviews

Interprets, entering orders.
Staff Pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Interprets, profiling, and filled medications. Checking cassette, doing renal dosing and IV to PO conversions. I appreciate my co-workers including the technicians and we all worked effectively together. The hardest part after we have long downtime period. We have to catch up with pending orders. Most enjoyable part was when the nurses and doctors are making good comments about my department.
Day to Day in the lab and hospital floors
Lab Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXDecember 14, 2015
Spineless lab director and lab director assistant. Always had their favorites. Ruthles Director never even had the nerve to stand up to the nurse head in dialysis. she loved speaking in her native tongue of filipino (of 8 varieties) when she had to draw blood from the patience shunt. upset I would not do it because it is not within a phlebotomist scope. The lab director always threatened that we would be gone before he would ever be considered for removal.
Pros
Only the kind, hardworking employees- lab techs ans some phlebotomist
Cons
The hospital still exists and treats all their staff like mindless cattle
Very good hospital to work at.
ICU CLERK (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXSeptember 28, 2015
I worked ICU and there I learned alot by watching the nurses perform their patient care. The director of ICU was very good to work with, she had great communication with the staff which made it easier for the employees.
A very good health carefacility to work with great learning opportunities
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2015
very good and friendly working environment .As a clinical documentation specialist ,I have daily interaction with medical and ancillary staff and they both are really helpful to me and make my job more interesting.
communication
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 12, 2015
very important to communicate with staff to avoid errors . arrive on time at any workplace be polite good manners to respect and help staff when time is avalible
Nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 19, 2015
Knapp Medical Center, Weslaco, TX is a nice place to work. Healthcare professionals for various ethnic backgroud work there be it Nurses, Physicians or Technicians in Lab. The L&D would get busy anytime of day. Its really a healthy environment to work bucause working at Knapp is about Care, Professionalism and productivity.
Pros
Employee of the month as performance monitor
Cons
short breaks
hard work
Medical / Surgical Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMarch 8, 2015
the cnas are over worked and hardly help each other. the equipment for taking vitals rarely worked. but i enjoyed helping the patients and showing compassion
Very productive Company
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXFebruary 10, 2015
awesome schedule, with great benefits, great people to work with, nice environment at a regular word day, well educated coworkers, and over all very well organized management and there's no hard part of the job.
Pros
job security
Cons
not a high paying rate organization
My First MA job.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Working at Knapp Medical was a fun but very demanding job. It was one one Dr. but he needed alot. But working here gave me the confidence I needed because we were busy but not to busy so that t was overwhelming. My co-workers were great they never got angry when I had a question or messed up. And my manger was great very understanding of alot of things.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 1, 2014
There is alot of hands on such as bathing, assisting with ambulation, collecting intake/output, answering call lights, and V/S. Excellent staff members, worked very well with them. The only thing was that plenty of times it was under staffed with made the load on us alot heavier. But we tried our best to give the best care we could. Overall I did enjoy did job.
Pros
excellent surgical staff
Cons
sometimes understaffed
NO WE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING PING PONG TABLES. WE ONLY HAD EMPLOYEE BIRTHDAYS BREAKFASTN ON SPECIAL EVENTS, OUR PARDE FLOAT MOVIES IN THE PARK
Housekeeper or Linen Tec (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJuly 18, 2014
WELL THE 17 YEARS I WORKED AT KANPP MEDICAL WERE GREAT YEARS. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY.THERE ARE UPS AND DOWNS EVERY WHERE YOU GO. I WAS LAYED OFF AFTER 17 YEARS THEY SAID IT WAS REDUCTION OF FORCE DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS. I HAD STARTED MY EARLY RETIREMENT AT 62 WITH SOCIAL SECURITY SO I WORKED 32 HOURS .SOMETHING THEY UNDERSTOOD AT FIRST THAN EVERTHING CHANGED.I STARTED WORKING AT 3PM THAN AT 4 PM TO DO 32 HOURS.I ASKED TO BE PUT BACK AT 8 DAYS AND 3 DAYS OFF SO I COULD HELP MORE IN SOME AREAS BUT BE ABLE TO WORK MY 32 HOURS BUT THEY NEVER WANTED TO DO IT.IT GOT STRESSFULL . IN THAT DEPARTMENT WE HAD OTHER PERSONNELTHAT ARE ON SOCIAL lSECURITY AND BEEN THERE LOTS OF YEARS AND THEY ARE STILL THERE .I WAS THE ONLY HOUSKEEPER THAT WAS LAYED OFF.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT .I TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE.,I WAS INVOLVED IN THE ACTIVITLY COMMETTEE
Pros
we had a 30 minute lunch break .
Cons
we had a 15 minute break in the mornings or evenings
did not like it
Financial rep/ER Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 21, 2014
management wasn't good, too many chiefs not enough Indians,
good
Scheduling / Laboratory Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 14, 2014
Great environment to work under. Helpful staff and support
Comfortable workplace, nice team work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I quickly got along with co workers. I learned to work quickly and safely. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
Wonderful team to work with
Pre op, OR Circulator, PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TexasFebruary 19, 2014
Great team! Nice team work. Able to adapt and achieve no matter what!
Pros
autonomy
busy place
Mammography Tech / X-Ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 18, 2014
busy place. too fast pace for me. hours were bad, weekends, night , on call etc.
Pros
great people
Cons
too busy for me
Great place to work in group
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TexasJanuary 7, 2014
Typical day at work be some tough day but mainly very peaceful. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with and the hardest part of the job is everyone wants their repairs done first.
Pros
discounts on cafeteria daily menu, insurance (dental, life and health)
Cons
na
Productive, very busy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXDecember 26, 2013
It was fun having team work. We always helped each other out when one of us was busy. Great Team
Pros
great co-wokers
Cons
managment was ok
Best place I ever worked.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXDecember 3, 2013
Friendly environment, good team mates and great supervisor. Work was made accessible from home so it was great not having to get up daily and go into the workplace every day.
Pros
got to work from home remotely only going into workplace for occasional meetings.
Cons
department was terminated; hospital was bought out.
Educational
CNA/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 23, 2013
Enjoyed working with all RN and LVN because they were always teaching me new things. Quick pace but enjoyed help and caring for our patients. Reason why I had to let go of job because I started LVN school at Valley Grande Institute.
Pros
envirornment
Cons
grave yard shift