KNAUF INSULATION Employee Reviews

Good people to work with. Lacking in management
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 26, 2017
Different things to do every day. Workplace culture decent, but was micromanaged. Enjoyed working in the lab and coming up with new ideas/solutions to problems.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
management
Disconnected
Pricing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 24, 2017
Company is disconnected from it's employees. I believe steps are being taken to correct this, but change is slow.

Positives - Competitive pay and benefits. Kafe available for lunch.
Pros
Kafe
Cons
lack of communication
its was a good job
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 22, 2017
it put a roof over my familys head and put food on the table it is a good place to learn and advance. it is alot of hard work and twleve hour days and some eight hour days
Pros
good pay
Cons
dirty foundry
Very productive work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Shasta Lake, CAMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work. Never a day where you just do nothing. I am always busy. I am always on my feet and working hard. I like the business, they feed you on some days which just shows that they care for there employees.
Pros
Great staff
Very good workplace fun very loving and caring
Supervisor, Operations (Former Employee) –  Lebanon IndianaFebruary 23, 2017
Knauf insulation very good company to work for they pay very well although their higher-ups About Management in the morning because it time to be lost when it comes to the responsibility of management sometimes you are a workplace that is hazardous or a way to other employees they need more training and more experience
Pros
Good day very good hours
Cons
Too many hours very poor management not enough experience in management
Horrible place do not work here
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INFebruary 9, 2017
This place sucks you only get two hours a day in sometimes horrible management lazy employees and management Horrible pay
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Have to clock out for breaks and lunch
eenjoyed the work, the pay was very good
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 4, 2017
The pay was good,,,the only reason i left there was to go to work at the post office,,,,at times the insulation was unpleasant to work with,,,but over all the hjob was great
Loved the job,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 2, 2017
Loved the job itself and the people I worked with. Loved working 12 hours a day plus the over time made it worth it. Management on the other hand, don't care about their employees.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad Management
The truth about knauf
Product associate/matter bagger operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALSeptember 27, 2016
The pay is good and the benefits but the management and supervisors are horrible and have no people skills, racist and I can't see any room for this valley plant to grow to much dictatorship going on by the production manager they don't care about the well being of their employees needs climate control because these work conditions are ridiculous. Modern day slavery
Pros
Wages or great if your hired on.
Cons
Work conditions and management are horrible
Antiquated Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 1, 2016
Most are the good ole boys/gals that have been at Knauf for 30+ years. The culture reflects that. The pay is good. There is more overtime available than anyone can possibly want; most of which is voluntary, but some is not.
It is a fiberglass factory, so the environment can be challenging at times but most people get used to it.
Large numbers of people will be retiring from Knauf within the next ten years, so there may be many opportunities during the next decade.
I would recommend it to a young worker that is looking for a long term career; if you're looking for a mid-life career change...keep looking.
Pros
Good pay with low responsibility
Cons
Itchy environment and very low tech.

Want to know more about KNAUF INSULATION?

Ask a question
Good salary -good people in my department
Corporate Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 5, 2016
Knauf was a very good company but in the past 5 years has combined with the European company and has hired many VP that don't seem to work well across departments. I liked the department that I worked in but was difficult working through the silos of the other companies.
Pros
On site clinic
Cons
silo effect among higher management
Pretty good health benefits, but that's about it.
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 23, 2016
12 hr shifts (6 a.m.-6 p.m/6 p.m.-6 a.m.). you WILL work every other weekend unless you are corporate. Expect to work extra days. Safety personnel will tell you you are not breathing dangerous chemicals, but in fact you are. You will be working in a non-AC environment, of course, where you will have to wear reflective vests. There are nice people who work there. Management will be onto you about your breaks, and possibly write you up for it. My advice, just do your job and keep your work angers at work and drink it off when you get home.
Pros
Health Benefits, retirement, company ran care center, decent pay.
Cons
short breaks, working in and breathing in fiberglass insulation and other chemicals, Supervisors ONLY pick who THEY want to be supervisors next, hours
More tasks required and rescources diminished
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVFebruary 24, 2016
Sales department over predicted sales and when sales were not generated, operations is tasked with meeting short fall.

To meet shortfall in net profit, staff positions were eliminated on the operations side.
Pros
At plant level managers were great
Cons
At the senior corporate level managers were not
Been there 17 years looking for change
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 25, 2016
Company has not been the same since was bought out by another company over a year ago. The warehouse is not climate controlled and freezing in the winter and hot in summer. Many changes need done overall.
Pros
steady work
Cons
lots of mandatory overtime
there was no entertainment of any kind just a television in the break room
production asociate/forklift (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 21, 2016
a work day was a 12 hour shift and i was always busy,i learned things about how insulation was made,the management was great,the co-workers always made me laugh,the hardest part of the job i was always hot in the factory because of the furnaces heating the fiberglass always sweating,the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at your own pace
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
not full time didnt have any insurance
fun workplace
AUTOBAGGER (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALOctober 31, 2015
Pretty relax work environment. I made a lot of friends and good people. People are very friendly and helpful. A typical work day consisted of operating a insulation machine for 12 hours.
Knauf was a good place to work for plenty of laughs
Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Sandycroft, WLSSeptember 23, 2015
My typical day was to walk the factory and inspect the running of the plant to see if it was working without any problems. When iworked for the company I went on courses for different types of machines.The management of the company were very good could not fault them. My co workers were brilliant we all worked as a team we all had are own work to do but on breakdowns we all worked together. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the snow and the rain on top of the silos .The enjoyable part was having a laugh and a joke with every body it kept me young inside.
Pros
good management flexible easy going.
Cons
no breaks when breakdowns accure
Dusty hot/cold
Cold End Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIAugust 27, 2015
Was an ok place to work itchy for fiber glass. But I had fun got released for reduction of workforce. Pay was good liked the overtime.
Awesome people very interesting and exciting work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALAugust 18, 2015
I liked my job i wish the security of the job was better but i had a great experience and took alot of things with me that will help me on other jobs
Hard, long work
laboer (Former Employee) –  Shasta Lake, CAAugust 17, 2015
Though not the best thing to be breathing in, the work was not rocket science. Expect to be on your feet and constantly be working/moving when you are not on a break. Hours where long but the pay was good. There is not much social interaction, strictly safety working atmosphere.
Pros
Pay was nice
Cons
Long Hours