KNAUF INSULATION

KNAUF INSULATION Employer Reviews

Positive environment and great professionals to work with
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: cafe available
Cons: part time
Answering phone calls, transferring to correct individuals, updating spread sheets, setting up appointments, assisting benefit personnel and entering in checks. I've learned how to enhance my telephone technique and time manage. Management is uplifting and positive. Overall it is a positive environment. The hardest part is handling complaints when you can only relay a message. The most enjoyable part is engaging with the individuals from different countries.
How work went
Production Associate (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INNovember 13, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: no job security
Work at knauf was good. The money was there and the overtime if you wanted it. I was happy to go to a environment that i felt needed. I had to leave there due to a lay off.
Got little nice to say about this company.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: great medical plan
Cons: no breaks, taking lunch off the premises strongly found upon. no weekend or holiday pay
Company required the Supervisor's to jump in and do all types of work when its lines went down. Examples... Put out oven fires, Clean out product jams from production lines, Ovens and Cooling section boxes (confined space). One supervisor covered three lines, and assisted the second Supervisor with his lines if need arises. Supervisors worked well together. Employee's were Respectful and had good work habits. The Union was very week.
Hard work but good pay.
Machine Chief operator in charge of a fiberglass (Former Employee), Shelyville, IndianaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits. vacation time
Cons: very hot and dirty place to work. 12 hour shifts
Most of your co-workers are great. Can't be said about management.
Overall beneficial experience with many nice employees
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INDecember 23, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: lunch unpaid
Day at work:

Everyday I went in and checked on my gauge on the HMI to ensure the previous night's activities were correct. I also looked for any strange events or spikes in wet spots. Then I would perform gauge R&R and take samples until lunch. Day to day would vary as sometimes other engineers asked for assistance. The afternoon was spent a lot of times perfecting work instructions for the gauge and conducting meetings with my superiors.

What I learned:

The overall culture is one in that each engineer is responsible for his/her own area, but can ask for help at any time. Teamwork is a big part of the job and I really enjoyed that aspect. Because the company is family owned, all ideas are not taken for granted and are encouraged given that they are feasible.
Paid tuition.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville, Indiana and Lebanon, OhioNovember 18, 2013
Family owned company.
Skilled hourly work force.
Dedicated professional personnel.
Good organization with a concern for the environment
Dual Plant Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INJune 27, 2013
Pros: good company
A lot of good people. Good place to work in a great community.
very good place to work. my department mgrs. were very good people that worked well with our employees.
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Valley, ALMay 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good pay.
Cons: at times lots of hours.
great place to work and good people to work with and for.I was in charge of the total plant operation. all employees directly or indirectly worked for me.
KNAUF
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lanett, ALApril 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits hours
Cons: just the normal
Knauf was a great place to work and wwas like family the many years i worked there.As a qa i would check and inspect the product to make sure it passed specs.The plant shut down one line so i moved to shipping and loaded trucks with insulation.the hardest part was the itching and the most enjoyable part was the closeness of the crew.
Workdays varied depending on the number of product runs or changeovers scheduled for your shift. This company had a lot of safety training !
production associate (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working with many of my co-workers
Cons: twelve hour, rotating shifts
Steady employment that offered overtime! Offered the opportunity for advancing in different postions. Extensive training before you were qualified for the position.
There is a lot of good people there and it is a good company to work for.
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Lanett, ALDecember 7, 2011
It is a large company growing globally with good benefits and a good work environment.