KNAUF INSULATION Employee Reviews in United States

Pretty good health benefits, but that's about it.
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 23, 2016
12 hr shifts (6 a.m.-6 p.m/6 p.m.-6 a.m.). you WILL work every other weekend unless you are corporate. Expect to work extra days. Safety personnel will tell you you are not breathing dangerous chemicals, but in fact you are. You will be working in a non-AC environment, of course, where you will have to wear reflective vests. There are nice people who work there. Management will be onto you about your breaks, and possibly write you up for it. My advice, just do your job and keep your work angers at work and drink it off when you get home.
Pros
Health Benefits, retirement, company ran care center, decent pay.
Cons
short breaks, working in and breathing in fiberglass insulation and other chemicals, Supervisors ONLY pick who THEY want to be supervisors next, hours
there was no entertainment of any kind just a television in the break room
production asociate/forklift (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 21, 2016
a work day was a 12 hour shift and i was always busy,i learned things about how insulation was made,the management was great,the co-workers always made me laugh,the hardest part of the job i was always hot in the factory because of the furnaces heating the fiberglass always sweating,the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at your own pace
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
not full time didnt have any insurance
Good salary -good people in my department
Corporate Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 5, 2016
Knauf was a very good company but in the past 5 years has combined with the European company and has hired many VP that don't seem to work well across departments. I liked the department that I worked in but was difficult working through the silos of the other companies.
Pros
On site clinic
Cons
silo effect among higher management
More tasks required and rescources diminished
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVFebruary 24, 2016
Sales department over predicted sales and when sales were not generated, operations is tasked with meeting short fall.

To meet shortfall in net profit, staff positions were eliminated on the operations side.
Pros
At plant level managers were great
Cons
At the senior corporate level managers were not
Knauf was a good place to work for plenty of laughs
Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Sandycroft, WLSSeptember 23, 2015
My typical day was to walk the factory and inspect the running of the plant to see if it was working without any problems. When iworked for the company I went on courses for different types of machines.The management of the company were very good could not fault them. My co workers were brilliant we all worked as a team we all had are own work to do but on breakdowns we all worked together. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the snow and the rain on top of the silos .The enjoyable part was having a laugh and a joke with every body it kept me young inside.
Pros
good management flexible easy going.
Cons
no breaks when breakdowns accure
Been there 17 years looking for change
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 25, 2016
Company has not been the same since was bought out by another company over a year ago. The warehouse is not climate controlled and freezing in the winter and hot in summer. Many changes need done overall.
Pros
steady work
Cons
lots of mandatory overtime
Hard, long work
laboer (Former Employee) –  Shasta Lake, CAAugust 17, 2015
Though not the best thing to be breathing in, the work was not rocket science. Expect to be on your feet and constantly be working/moving when you are not on a break. Hours where long but the pay was good. There is not much social interaction, strictly safety working atmosphere.
Pros
Pay was nice
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to Work
Contract Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 3, 2015
They have great benefits and a clinic on sight.Though I only worked here on contract, I loved it. The people that work there are great.
Pros
fun place
Knauf
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALApril 18, 2013
Knauf was a great place to work and wwas like family the many years i worked there.As a qa i would check and inspect the product to make sure it passed specs.The plant shut down one line so i moved to shipping and loaded trucks with insulation.the hardest part was the itching and the most enjoyable part was the closeness of the crew.
Pros
good benefits hours
Cons
just the normal
very good place to work. my department mgrs. were very good people that worked well with our employees.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALMay 17, 2013
great place to work and good people to work with and for.I was in charge of the total plant operation. all employees directly or indirectly worked for me.
Pros
good benefits, good pay.
Cons
at times lots of hours.
Hard work but good pay.
Machine Chief operator in charge of a fiberglass (Former Employee) –  Shelyville, IndianaFebruary 7, 2014
Most of your co-workers are great. Can't be said about management.
Pros
great pay and benefits. vacation time
Cons
very hot and dirty place to work. 12 hour shifts
There is a lot of good people there and it is a good company to work for.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALDecember 7, 2011
It is a large company growing globally with good benefits and a good work environment.
fun workplace
AUTOBAGGER (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALOctober 31, 2015
Pretty relax work environment. I made a lot of friends and good people. People are very friendly and helpful. A typical work day consisted of operating a insulation machine for 12 hours.
Friendly, interesting, new and different daily. Busy but exciting. Love my job my coworkers and my Boss.
Administrative Assistant Albion (Current Employee) –  Albion,MIJuly 16, 2015
Knauf Insulation is an excellent company to work for. It's a great place to learn new culture and meet persons from all over the world.
Love this company and intend on staying with them.
Positive environment and great professionals to work with
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 13, 2015
Answering phone calls, transferring to correct individuals, updating spread sheets, setting up appointments, assisting benefit personnel and entering in checks. I've learned how to enhance my telephone technique and time manage. Management is uplifting and positive. Overall it is a positive environment. The hardest part is handling complaints when you can only relay a message. The most enjoyable part is engaging with the individuals from different countries.
Pros
cafe available
Cons
part time
Awesome people very interesting and exciting work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALAugust 18, 2015
I liked my job i wish the security of the job was better but i had a great experience and took alot of things with me that will help me on other jobs
Dusty hot/cold
Cold End Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIAugust 27, 2015
Was an ok place to work itchy for fiber glass. But I had fun got released for reduction of workforce. Pay was good liked the overtime.
Overall beneficial experience with many nice employees
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INDecember 23, 2013
Day at work:

Everyday I went in and checked on my gauge on the HMI to ensure the previous night's activities were correct. I also looked for any strange events or spikes in wet spots. Then I would perform gauge R&R and take samples until lunch. Day to day would vary as sometimes other engineers asked for assistance. The afternoon was spent a lot of times perfecting work instructions for the gauge and conducting meetings with my superiors.

What I learned:

The overall culture is one in that each engineer is responsible for his/her own area, but can ask for help at any time. Teamwork is a big part of the job and I really enjoyed that aspect. Because the company is family owned, all ideas are not taken for granted and are encouraged given that they are feasible.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
lunch unpaid
Got little nice to say about this company.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 24, 2014
Company required the Supervisor's to jump in and do all types of work when its lines went down. Examples... Put out oven fires, Clean out product jams from production lines, Ovens and Cooling section boxes (confined space). One supervisor covered three lines, and assisted the second Supervisor with his lines if need arises. Supervisors worked well together. Employee's were Respectful and had good work habits. The Union was very week.
Pros
great medical plan
Cons
no breaks, taking lunch off the premises strongly found upon. no weekend or holiday pay
How work went
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 13, 2014
Work at knauf was good. The money was there and the overtime if you wanted it. I was happy to go to a environment that i felt needed. I had to leave there due to a lay off.
Pros
money
Cons
no job security

2.9