KNEADERS BAKERY & CAFE Employee Reviews

Friendly and hardworking staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2016
I really enjoy working at Kneaders' Bakery and Cafe, the staff is very friendly and we all get along swimmingly! My manager is a great guy and is very flexible and considerate with scheduling, but also maintains high expectations of the staff here. My coworkers are fantastic and are the reason I enjoy my job so much. When everything goes wrong during a shift and the day feels completely terrible, it always feel good to know that my coworkers are right there with me and we are going through it together. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with some of our customers, overall they are absolutely wonderful people but we do occasionally get extremely high-maintenance customers that expect a 5 star experience from us. It is also sometimes difficult to keep up when the line at the register is trailing out the door, but the fast pace makes the day feel like it's going by much faster. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to experience the positive environment that my coworkers create, and also the positivity our customers show as well. It is overall a fantastic place to work and I thoroughly enjoy it.
Poor management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 10, 2016
This was a fun place to work at but management sucked bad. GM and assistant GM were married and the assistant GM would think that she was in charge all the time. It made it hard when the GM would tell you something then the assistant would tell you something totally different. They worked me to death and never really appreciate me coming in on my days off, working doubles, or when I had just went home for the day and they called me back in. If the GM ran the store with out his wife then that place would be a great place to work for.
Pros
Pay, flexible hours
great place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTAugust 12, 2016
Kneaders is a great place to work, their is a great work environment every one is friendly, and the management is really friendly. It a good environment and people know what they are doing.
Pros
great work environment work is enjoyable
Cons
Low pay for work
Wouldn't recommend working here
Sandwich Maker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 7, 2015
Overall, my work experience was great minus the fact that management needed some attitude adjustments. My coworkers were great and really helpful, with the exception of the general manager.
Provo Kneaders
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 29, 2015
Pretty laid back environment, great co-workers, management could use some work, and very poor location/ small space to work in.
Pros
free food if daily goal is hit
Cons
bad management
Stuck in their ways.
Night Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 10, 2014
Kneaders (at least the one I worked at) seemed very stuck in their ways that were leading them down a road of business failure. Being a business-minded person and having the title of "Kitchen Manager" at kneaders I thought I could help by introducing new ideas to the establishment but my attempts just proved to be fruitless and that my title was a nothing more than a job title - no weight attached. The managment would constantly belittle the employees and steal the ideas of others to pass off as his own. I stuck to the job for such a long time due to no other options at that time. If I were to sum up my experience there it would only be "knuckling under" that would come close to my employment at Kneaders.

*Side note, with all that negative experience I would like to make it clear that the owner was an incredibly nice and understanding man but he lacked the involvement to ensure a peaceful work enviornment for his employees it seemed.
Pros
Got to learn a lot about business management as I wondered "What would be better here."
Cons
self rightous management, no growth options, little to no encouragment for good work ethic.
Avoid at all costs.
Kitchen/Expo/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMarch 28, 2014
I began working here when the store opened in October. All kinds of promises were made too me including planned pay increases, health care benefits, advancement opportunities and the like.

After working hard for several months past the promised pay increase date I confronted the GM who promised better working conditions, the increase in pay, and a chance for more responsibility and promotion. A month later none of these things had come true, in fact work conditions declined quite rapidly.

The store looks like garbage at all times, I question whether it's sanitary to serve food in that place. An hours increase never appeared, I didn't even maintain my hours, they were just taken away from me. They did not manifest themselves in other people getting them. They just fell off the board.

The GM is extremely good at bringing flight-risk people back into the fold, by lying to their faces, and never fulfilling his promises. This same song and dance was played out for multiple employees. The energy in the place is abysmal, no one likes working there.

I think a change of GM is the only thing that can save it. The current one cares little for people and only for productivity and profit to line his own pocket with. Do not expect to be invested in as an employee or even thought about as a long-term asset. It's suck the useful life out of them as quickly as possible at Kneaders.

Bottom line- avoid working at Kneaders Cafe and Bakery in Colorado Springs.
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
no benefits, low pay, horrible management, no breaks or lunches, understaffed to the extreme
Sad sad sad disappointment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado springsJanuary 2, 2014
Extremely disappointed, this is the first job I could say I ever did love and enjoy (at first), now it is just an irritating unhappy environment to be in. I have seen a few people quit already because the disrespect we get treated. We get worked like ROBOTS with attitude to get thrown at us when we ask for a break. It is our legal right to ask for a break and we get excuse after excuse of why we can't have one after they clearly know we are working a 10-12 if not.more hour shift. Got promised all kinds of stuff when we started, not to.mention they say you start at $9 but its really only $8. Oh and there is no such thing as medical, dental or 401K. I would advise to NOT WORK HERE!!! Terrible job
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks, promotions, raises, No benefits, no hours unless its during holiday season
Productive work place with great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 16, 2013
Kneaders is a very fast paced working environment. The Kneaders team is a great bunch of people to work with, everybody does their part and keeps a positive attitude.
Could be a good place to work but....
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 10, 2013
The management/corporate staff ruin this place. They completely ignore many of the basic rules of cleanliness and quality that a restaurant should never break. Overall it is not the worst job I have ever had but everyday I leave exhausted, not because of the actual work but because of the stunning ignorance of the management.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay, Management, No employee meals.
long hours and a mouse
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Bountiful UtahMarch 26, 2013
I would never recommend anyone to work at Kneaders, their food isn't from scratch like they claim. The one I worked at had a mouse and they left food uncovered and in tin cans in the walk-in. The job was fun it is just ran poorly.
Pros
got to make fun pastries
Cons
bad management, no breaks, low pay
Great workplace, fun and fast paced
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 7, 2012
A great workplace that provided for excellent work experience with both customers and co-workers. It was a warm and comfortable environment, with management and co-workers working together to achieve good customer service.
Fun and hardworking job with strong work relationships, benefiting the company
Cashier/ Hostess/ Food Service (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 20, 2012
The company itself was very strong and responsible. The company took good care of their employees making us feel like an important aspect to Kneaders. Had company get-togethers to show how appreciated we were to Kneaders. Employees had a fun, loving, and helpful attitude towards customers which increased company sales, long lasting customers, etc. Training was very detailed and informative, which gave every employee confidence in the companies services. Provided great hours.
Pros
strong relationships with co-workers, managers and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KNEADERS BAKERY & CAFE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2