KNEADERS BAKERY & CAFE Employee Reviews

fun, with downsides
Cashier/ Expediter (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZSeptember 7, 2017
it was fun in the beginning, but as time went on, the management developed a lot of double standards and chose "favorites". those people suddenly got better schedules ad the opportunity to move up, despite being one of the lower employees. they had a very unstable/ unreliable scheduling system and hours were constantly being cut. most days it would be extremely busy and we were not given breaks. the people are fun to work with, although a typical day could be anywhere from dead to packed . I learned a lot about customer service and how to work with people. the manager didn't seem to like confrontation and avoided it as best as possible.
Pros
15% discount, free pastries when no ones looking
Cons
busy, rarely breaks, corporate sucks
Fun creative store and environment
Cook/Casheir (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 16, 2017
Rushed mornings
learned to handle bad management
doesn't care about customers only concerned about numbers
stressful
management
customers and food
Do not apply!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 15, 2017
As a manager, this was the worst job. They say changes are coming...but not while I was there. 70 hours a week, unfair bonus structure, no breaks to speak of. As a team member it was ok...but manager--yikes!!
Pros
The food was good
Cons
Benefits were crummy, bad hours, upper management didn't get it
Very fast pace kitchen enviroment where a lot is expected of you.
Assisstant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 2, 2017
A team of three working to keep up on pastries and baked good for a very popular company can be very stressful. However I learned quite a lot about productivity and leadership during my time here
Pros
Constant room to improve
Cons
No breaks or benefits.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2017
There was always something to do. It is quick paced. I learned to work under pressure and work with my co-workers. When it wasn't busy with customers, we worked together to stock merchandise and have a clean environment.
Pros
Fast Pace
Chasier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 17, 2017
Cashier for both drive thru and front lobby, prepped food, re-stock desserts, Server, After shift clean ups. My favorite part was my co-workers. My hardest experience was being incharge of both window and lobby,
very awkward environment with team members
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2017
there wasn't that much help or interaction in the work place. everyone kinda stayed to them selves and was selfish when it came to training. they made me just stand there and watch.
Fun and engaging crew
Assistant Head Baker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2017
It's a lot of fun working here, even if it can be a little hectic. The food is great and the people are always willing to help you out. The store owners are nice and they will go the extra mile for you if they have to and they make working here a blast!
High paying but poorly run business.
Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 9, 2017
They will love you if you put 100% of your time and effort into the job, and if you are flexible to work at any hours of the day and night. They do not like giving time off, and they expect you to work extra hard all of the time by not hiring enough staff. This is NOT a cushy restaurant job, believe me it will be the hardest and most frustrating restaurant you will ever work at. In some cases, it is worth the pay, if you are able to handle a high stress environment, with little to no time for even a small break during a 10 hour shift. I do not recommend working at Kneaders, unless it is run by 4Foods group. The corporate run stores are a disaster to work at. If you want to open your own store, you will have training at the corporate location in Orem. At Kneaders, their primary focus is on customer retention, bringing them back as often as possible. And their last focus, is employee retention, which is at a staggering 10% or lower each year. Again, don't expect to get time off very easily, expect to work extra hours and have them get mad you are getting overtime. Avoid working at Kneaders.
Pros
Pays better than most restaurants.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun and energetic workplace.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZMay 22, 2017
Working at Kneaders is quick-paced but also very rewarding. This is definitely an enjoyable job with great coworkers and very friendly customers. We were always sure to make a fun environment and pass along the attitude of positivity.
Pros
Discount on food and pastries
productive, fun working with bread.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 2, 2017
a typical day at work I would be mixing ingredients, forming and shaping bread.

I learned to work with others and come together to find a solution.

management was very strong and great.

the hardest part of my job was working very very fast .

the most enjoyable part was working with bread dough, forming and shaping it.
Pros
very nice co workers
Cons
short breaks
Best place to work.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2017
Knesset bakery and cafe, has to be the best place to pass time and enjoy some nice food and awesome customer service. They truly always put the customer first. My time there was almost like a vacation.
Pros
Good team members
Professional, friendly environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 21, 2017
I worked here during college. The employees and managers were great. Very friendly and professional. Owners had a personal relationship with their employees, fair pay.
Kneaders Bakery and cafe
Baker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 8, 2017
The boss was really nice and management was good.. i work in the back of the store as a baker. There was just too many people trying to be the boss .. Everyone that worked in the front of the store were really nice and friendly .. pay was ok for what it was
Pros
Great Boss to work for
Cons
Too many people trying to run things that are not in charge
Decent place for work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 3, 2017
I'd say my brief experience here provided enough information. The work staff and the manager are happy and energetic in their work, and everyone is friends with each other, often hanging out after hours. A good experience of you can handle a serious workload.
Great Place but little money
Baker (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTMarch 13, 2017
I have always been good in the food industry and I learned very quickly and I didn't need much training. I learned the job quickly but I didn't get the money I deserved for it.
OK job
Baker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 11, 2017
The store owner wasn't a very great boss but overall was an okay job, expect to learn almost every position. I applied as just a sandwich maker and ended up greeting, making sandwhiches, salads, baking, stocking, janitorial jobs, cashier and drive thru.
Pros
10% off food
Cons
Unorganized work environment
fast and fun work place
Line Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 6, 2017
It was great and very fast paced. Worked alone in the grill and sandwich table for the most part. When lunch started, would move to window orders, all working fast. Learned to work fast opening grill with prep and making orders alone. managment was ok.
Pros
lunch was always delicious!
Can be stressful and busy place. It helps if you enjoy moving fast and working hard serving needy people food and dont mind cleaning a lot
Cashier, Expo, kitchen, prep, shift lead (Current Employee) –  UtahMarch 1, 2017
I have worked at 2 different kneaders for a few years now. Not exactly my dream job but it wasn't too bad a place to work depending on management. Corperate makes life a lot harder and makes things run slower which is frustrating at times. There are a lot of different little things you need to memorize and learn and once you get those down its a lot easier. Can be a bit stressful, you should be okay preforming under presured situations.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not good benifits, hard too take brakes to eat or for restroom, stressful environment
Fun job, management the worst I've ever dealt with.
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTFebruary 3, 2017
I worked there for over a year and I absolutely loved the job, it was fast paced and stressful at time but rewarding. The problem I had was with the owner. The owner takes atvangage of everyone who works there, so my recommendation would be if you're looking to get a job at Kneaders do NOT go the bountiful one.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No breaks, over worked, no recognition, management