Kneaders Employee Reviews

small Bakery
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2017
a small franchise bakery that was family owned, was a young pastry chef just out of culinary school. the bakery was a 40 minute drive from salt lake one way.
Pros
first experiance
Cons
long drive, abusive employer
they payed great but treated there employs poorly
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 20, 2017
i worked there for almost two years. i would only go back for the pay. i got blamed for things that were not my fault and made feel gulty for having a personal life. worked insane hours, ( 3pm to 11 pm then be back at 5:30 am)
Pros
pay
Cons
little to no breaks, no benefits, didn't work with scheduling.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 16, 2017
I prepared the food and restaurant. I made sandwiches for customers. Cleaned area and washed dishes. I interacted with customers and employees. It was fun and hard work.
Pros
People
Cons
On feet all day
Great work place
PASTRY CHEF (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 20, 2017
Loved my co workers and supervisors. Great work ethic and environment. Great order of functions. Supervisors really cared about employees
The owners are a nightmare
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 31, 2017
This is a family owned company. Family members and the owners friends could come and go as they please they were paid really well. Everyone else had to be there 55+ hours per week, come in early, work late and on holidays and weekends. The owners had their favorite employees those people got away with whatever they wanted, got raises and gifts galore. If you weren't a favorite you were treated like a dog! The CEO and the owners son had a major crush on our HR director she got away with barely ever working. He travelled alone with her all the time. Very uncomfortable!
Pros
Small discount on food great job if you were a favorite
Cons
So unorganized
customer service friendly
Retail Manager/Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 2, 2016
Kneaders is a great way to build your customer service skills as you spend all day interacting with your customer while giving them excellent service.
Yikes!
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 6, 2016
Probably the worst work experience I've ever had, I got sexually harassed MULTIPLE times working there and the management did nothing to stop it or even help me. When I got a very bad medical problem the management was very rude and scheduled me in even while I had medical leave. No work environment has ever made me feel less important.
Pros
A small discount on food
Cons
Bad management, bad hours, too little pay for such long hours and hard work
It was okay for awhile till I learned what was going on
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2016
With my first job I shockingly found it so fun. Being able to be interacting with people and learning new routines. There were times where the place was busy, but even with all that I still enjoyed working. The owners were typically nice and at meeting we were able to try the new foods and beverages that the store had. I became good friends with a lot of the people I worked with and I still would talk to them even after I stopped working there. Until we got close to the end of my time there problems started rising. I realized that you are suppose to be paid for the hours you are scheduled and that when you are in the store is when you clock on till the end of shift. We suddenly had a new manager and he knew me a lot because we closed together and he would always chose me to stay and close with him. I asked if we could have some new workers to help me a little bit because I was closing every night and staying till almost midnight on school nights and it effected my grades. We had a few new people, but I still was asked to stay and to find out I was only given 1-3 hours on my time card even though I would be there for 8 or more hours. The one time I asked off they told me no and at that point I was sick of how I was being treated and I called and told my manager I couldn't do it anymore.
Pros
They made more then minimum wage in Utah
Cons
more hours without pay
Head Pastry Chef! Love this job!
Head Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZJune 14, 2016
Absolutely love working for this company especially in the pastry department. You are not required to work a particular amount of time. As soon as you are done with your list of tasks you can go home! You have the option of taking 10 minute breaks and clocking out for lunch or working straight through and getting out that much faster! So I always opt to work straight through. Full time employees 35 plus hours a week get medical benefits after 90 days of work which is fair! Everything is made from scratch and your really get to use your culinary talents. I started as just a pastry chef and moved up really fast! This company is growing so fast I moved up fast and all the lazy people fall like flies because they cant handle real work which makes it that much easier to move up! Job is so simple, recipes so easy to follow. Job expectations are crystal clear! What more can you ask for! They even have their own certification program so if you are not that experienced they train you themselves! This job is definitely for the "go getter". Lazy need not apply!
Pros
Employee discounts, In house training, Nice people
Cons
Occasionally having to work with lazy people
Kneaders
Sandwich maker/ Prep person (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2016
They require their employees to be speedy and accurate. They have a great work environment and the owner is a very positive individual. I enjoy making people happy at work it is my job to please customers and I do so by making them sandwiches.
Pros
challenging myself to do better every day
Cons
health care, dental
Kitchen and Bakery
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 3, 2016
It was not the best job. The kitchen was very dirty and the atmosphere was not fun but work, work, work. There was no way to work up the food chain and lots of turnover.
Saratoga springs Kneaders is awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saratoga springs utAugust 21, 2015
I've worked there for two years as a cashier, I have trained the last two managers. There is no moving up, no raises, nobody cares if you mom in early stay late cover shifts have great customer service, this is a job for abuse seekers or the Juvenal. I quit.
Pros
Let you do whatever you want
Cons
Everything, even the pros....
Great people but you always are seeing new faces.
Kitchen crew (Former Employee) –  South JordanJuly 6, 2015
The owners of Kneaders do not believe in giving any of their employees any medical benefits.

no one really sticks around and you are always seeing people get hired and leave after a few days.
Pros
some fun people
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced, exhausting work.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 22, 2015
The people there were incredible. The only bad part was the fact that I was only allowed a 10 minute break if I worked 8 hours. I learned a lot about working quickly and effectively, as well as getting along with others and stress management.
horrible
assistant pastry chef (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 4, 2014
By far the worst place I have ever worked. Management is abusive and didn't treat employees well at all. We were not given breaks or able to eat during our 12 to 15 hour days and safety procedures were not upheld so accidents kept occurring. I have never been so badly treated by a company.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, abuse, accidents
Always keeps you busy
Employee (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 15, 2013
The store is always busy so there is never a lot of down time which makes the time go by fast.
Good job to work and express creativity.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 22, 2013
Making cakes was the best experience I had. I learned a lot about structure and working as a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal job