KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION

KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION Employer Reviews

Hectic, fast paced work environment that requires commitment and dedication
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, clean work
Cons: long hours, much confrontation with employees
Knight Transportation begins at 7 a.m. and ends no earlier than 5 p.m. Notice I said "ends no earlier" meaning I could be in the office until 5 or I could be in the office until 7 p.m. I would sit at my computer all day constantly taking phone calls while multitasking by planning loads on tractors, dealing with payroll issues, and helping the market team. I gained knowledge of the AS-400 to add to my computer skills along side Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Management was involved to an extent but overall you're independent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple drivers at once. When they weren't all trying to get a hold of you at the same time it was a pretty relaxed environment.
starter company
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2015
good starter company...wish i had found them first instead of a few other companies...im just lookin to b home with one month old
Fitness center on site and onsite cafe
Credit Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2015
We have a meeting every week called the WIG (wildly important goals) I feel at times that I do not have enough time to get all of my required tasks completed.
A decent company to work for
Driver (Current Employee), Lafayette TennesseeFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good people. great equipment
Cons: lots of wasted time
I've had a fairly good experience at Knight Refrigerated. It is an otr company so you do have to stay away from home for a few weeks at a time but they have been very flexible with my family needs. Our crew in Memphis is like a family and everyone in the office has had my back when I needed them. As far as the negative goes, I have had to wait for loads and I do a lot of live loads and unloads. That does eat into my productivity but I usually manage 2500 miles a week on average. I think I would make better miles driving for the dry van division but refrigerated isn't bad. There's a lot of accounts that I like. many people seem to be complaining about things that are not perfect about trucking in general and that don't have anything to do with Knight specifically. As far as equipment goes, I have a brand new Volvo but I have seen shop people being lazy about maintenance and breakdown acts like you are spending their personal money when you have an issue. Overall I love my job though
Training program was very good
Driver (Former Employee), PhoenixFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: poor compensation, lack of respect, just another company looking to fill seats
Knight is just like every other large company, just looking to fill a seat. Try to recruit new drivers every week and forget about the ones they already have on the road. they are not interested in you getting home, no matter what the situation is. Dispatch, especially night dispatch will try to tell you to drive outside your hours on line 5. They will leave you sitting in places on the road but as soon as you get home after about a day they try to get you to go right back out. majority of their money goes into new equipment, new companies and not into their drivers. it is a fact that you are just a number and nothing more. They also have no problem with you driving broken equipment, Point Blank the driver is not a priority to the company. The only benefit was the training program other than that the company is no different than any other large trucking firm. No matter what you may read or how many YouTube videos you follow, especially the one Knight driver that makes multiple videos praising Knight. the facts are very clear, don't expect to get treated differently at Knight, same routine as Swiift Central or CR England. get your training and move on
Low wages and horrible home time
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: it's a job if you have no other options
Cons: pay, hometime, management, equipment.
Pay was extremely low, home time was terrible, shop maintenance was poor. You're a number. Things may have changed but I stayed 3 months to avoid paying back my orientation pay and ran away as fast as I could.
Great company to work for/ excellent for truckers
Regional Driver (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: communication/ management and work loads
Cons: being out for more than 2 weeks.
I have been real satisfy with this company and would love to reapply again. They have provided me with great ambition to work for them and I enjoyed every moment I was with the company. The only reason I moved on was to be home more with my kids. This company has great communication with dispatchers and management. Great work environment and opportunity to move up. The equipment is always maintained and they always offer better opportunity to become your own trucker (owner operators). If you want to start at a great company for trucker..apply here.
It was an ok place.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice new equipment.
Cons: no heath-care if you are parttime.
A typical day would consist of getting a call from a dispatcher,inspecting the truck,picking up a load,mapping out which route i would take and delivering the freight.
People were fun to work with.
Driver,Spotter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I would make deliveries, and spot trailers, do yard checks, and make sure trailers were in good condition.I enjoyed the work.
ugh
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Wored you too hard. rarely got to be home with family, always sitting after dropping off loads. always got the crappiest stops. seemed like there was pore management
The equipment is well maintained
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: peace and freedom
Cons: spending to much time at a customer getting loaded or unloaded.
A typical day for me is going to pick up my load and delivering it to the customer safely and on time. I've learned that while delivering you must pay attention to where you can and can not go. I work along I don't have a co-driver. The hardest part about my job is when loads get changed at the last minute while in route to the customer or a load is already late for pick up or delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can go and come as I please and don't have no one looking over my shoulder checking to see what I'm doing.
Truck driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Driving for this company was a amazing experience, I got the opportunity to drive across the country to different states and cities to deliver all kinds of products and help supply growing companies. the management system there allowed me to conduct everyday task on my own time an I was to get to the specific location on time and the hardest part of the job was that some deadlines were unable to be met.
Great Company and Pay
OTR Driver (Current Employee), OTRDecember 9, 2014
Pros: get to see the country
Cons: very little home time
Great Company just very little home time. I am getting to the point where I want a little more home time.
Good trucking company!
Southeast Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hometime.
Cons: low weekly and/or daily pay.
Knight Transportation is a good place to work for drivers overall! I typically run the southeast running 12 days out with 3 days home. Averaging $114 per day sometimes more. I would like to see a daily average of "not less than $150, based on experience level" and our driving record. Miles are never less than 2500 weekly, that is dispatch and company goal for its drivers!
Allways working
Professional driver (Former Employee), Columbus OHDecember 7, 2014
Cant complain about nothing except the home time is not enough
Instructors
CDL A School Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2014
Two of the CDL instructors are VERY VERY good at what they do and stick by you and help you through it and explain everything in depth, unlike the other 2 instructors.
Good Work load
Dry Van/Company Driver (Current Employee), Western United StatesNovember 11, 2014
Iv learned the ins and outs of Truck driving and safety.
Management lacks communication and operating with customers.
Forced dispatch is present, even though they deny it.
ABSOLUTLEY A WASTE OF TYME
driver (Former Employee), Phoenix azNovember 11, 2014
Cons: poor management
Recruiting ensured me I had a job and had me pay my own way from texas to phoenix az only to tell me that the company wasn't interested.
Not a bad company to work for.
Comerical Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2014
The hardest part of the job, is being away from home long periods of time.
Internship
Market Manager/ Driver Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2014
This was a good internship.
Learned time management.
Very flexible work hours for interns.
Very nice workforce.

1 2 3 4 5

About KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION

About Knight Transportation: Knight is one of the largest and most diverse truckload carriers in the United States. Founded – Read more

KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION Photos