Knight Transportation

Knight Transportation Employee Reviews

trucking company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Morris, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no money
so so company
learned a few things from them like backing up, started driving doubles and never learned to back into a dock
had to move on though to a bigger company to make any real money
No opportunity and no loyalty to employees
Corporate Cargo Claims Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
I had taken over as the cargo claims manager making the same salary as I did reviewing driver logs. Thought because of the change of position I would be able to move up since I had been managing more things. They looked that over and kept me at the same rate and I had people under me doing things and making more than I did.
Put in my 2 week notice and it was pretty much don't let the door hit you on the way out.
driving a tractor trailer over various road/traffic conditions and weather
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2015
Pros: travel and job security
Cons: Being away from family for long periods of time up to 4 weeks at a time
driving 11 hours a day with little to no supervision. I pride myself on never being late. My driver manager trusts me to get the job done and lets me handle the trip how I see fit. I don't interact with my co-workers very often as I am a solo driver and don't see co-workers often. The hardest part of my job is being away from family and friends. However the most enjoyable part of my job is all the different parts of the country I get to see on a daily basis.
Didn't work for the company very long
Driver In Training (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJune 12, 2015
Didn't work for the company very long was a entry level new driver, trainer was picked out of a hat and didn't really enjoy working for the company didn't learn that much from the trainer i had.
Sorry management really sorry...
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: There is some work
Cons: Poorest management I have ever seen.
Make sure if you work for knight that you get on daily pay and check pay thoroughly.

You are shown new trucks, but you will not get one.

Don't call night time dispatch for anything, they dodge questions, don't reply, you are disturbing their lazy a sis
A Job worth having.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good money when you made money and good credit ratings.
Cons: down time in between jobs menat no pay until you were driviong again.
Obtaining this lob meant attending 5 days of orientation and performing a medical test for the medical card, as well as a driving test to show backing and maneuvering skills.
Unfortunately, you were assigned a number which took jobs in rotation which meant you could draw numerous poorly paying jobs in a row. Added to this was the fact that the driver manager could develop friendships with certain persons which would then make them become elite meaning they would draw the bulk of the good paying jobs. So there was no reward in working over, working hard, being diligent etc, as it was a job of luck and favoritism over skill.
I love my job!
Carrier Relations (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: Amazing work/home life balance, good compensation plan and decent benefits.
Working at Knight has given me the life I've always wanted. I get to be at home with my family, I have a work family, and I love my job. I'm excited to come to work everyday! There is occasional work on the weekend but If I have to be away my boss understands. If you get a chance to work at Knight, take it. But expect to work hard and give it your all!
Company focused on growth
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix AZApril 30, 2015
There are lots of opportunities to advance given the growth goals this company has. Hard work does pay off. Positive team environment.
Decent Benefits but very poor training and management. Not the place for veterans.
Driver Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Immature management, Horrible training
Great company if you can get by the first line supervisors. Training was absolutely the poorest I have ever seen in a large corporation. Promotion seems to be based on who can handle attrition versus competency. Lots of young inexperienced kids in mid level supervision. No professionalism. Cussing yelling etc. Surprised how the company survives. If you are a veteran...stay away. Company littered with spoiled and privileged draft dodgers who do not appreciate this country!!!
Good Benefits
Company Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Company has many different divisions and opportunites to work for and has great medical benefits. The company offers extra pay towards medical benefits for staying healthy.
Good training company
Driver Night Auditor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2015
Great company to get experience with, training is good. Nice equipment, plenty of freight. Pay is comparable to others
Nice Place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
nice place to work, where they know you by name. A nice way to also see the country. I have learned a lot here at this company
Excellent place to grow from
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: everything, equipment, runs, ect
Cons: average pay
No complaints, best equipment around, and no forced dispatch is a plus. The pay was fair, the truckes were great, the people were excellent and friends kept you happy to see at the terminals.
OTR Driving
Class A Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: well established company
Cons: pay checks just don't seam to add up to the promisses.
This company has ben around along time. They usually have a good staff and good benefit package. However trying to make a living here could pose it's own problems. Pay checks never seam to add up the way they should no matter how hard you run. The checks are always good they just seem to be always low.
Knight was a good place to work.
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2015
Office people were very helpful. The equipment was well maintained. They where a personable company. I got good miles with Kight refrigerated.
Fun driving team of workers ready to get the job done.
Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2015
Another great company of workers who know to make your job worth coming to. On the road they made me feel like part of a growing team.
Exploits workers
Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus OhioMarch 11, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch, what for? stolen overtime.
Cons: it's knight, need i say more?
50 hour standard work week. Straight time! No overtime for mechanics. The reason you ask? These maggots have themselves set up as an agriculture operation! Un-freekin-real! Knight must be growing beans and corn at the terminals. It amazes me how low some of these scab outfits will go to stick it to the employees. I have to give up 10 hours of overtime a week to make the leeches richer. AVOID THIS OUTFIT AT ALL COSTS. Please heed this warning.
Biggest Joke Ever
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 1, 2015
Cons: everything
If You like , making No Money , using 2006 Dinosaur qualcomms , going to Shippers only to find your load is already gone 2 weeks prior , make about 2000-2300 miles a week , not get paid all empty miles , Sitting alot getting small layover pay for it then knight is for you , you are guaranteed to get your car your house Repo'd quick , there trucks have distance detectors on them that lock up your brakes alot , there governed at 62 mph on 70 -75 mph Zones , there terminals have bugs in the showers , there dispatchers never answer the phones when your stranded , there mechanics steal stuff from your tractors , I took me 6 months to recover on my bills from this bottom feeder company .There health coverage is outrageous at $132.00 a week for 2 people that is unreal I will swear on any bible at any church in any state that this company should be banned from the trucking industry ....
Hectic, fast paced work environment that requires commitment and dedication
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, clean work
Cons: long hours, much confrontation with employees
Knight Transportation begins at 7 a.m. and ends no earlier than 5 p.m. Notice I said "ends no earlier" meaning I could be in the office until 5 or I could be in the office until 7 p.m. I would sit at my computer all day constantly taking phone calls while multitasking by planning loads on tractors, dealing with payroll issues, and helping the market team. I gained knowledge of the AS-400 to add to my computer skills along side Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Management was involved to an extent but overall you're independent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple drivers at once. When they weren't all trying to get a hold of you at the same time it was a pretty relaxed environment.
starter company
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2015
good starter company...wish i had found them first instead of a few other companies...im just lookin to b home with one month old

1 2 3 4 5

About Knight Transportation

About Knight Transportation: Knight is one of the largest and most diverse truckload carriers in the United States. Founded – Read more

Knight Transportation Salaries

$484 per week

Knight Transportation Photos

Compeny
Heading west on the I-80 to Salt Lake City
Taking a break after 5 hours of driving. Stretch and enjoy a cool fall day on the river