Knight Transportation

Knight Transportation United States Employee Reviews

Good Benefits
Company Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Company has many different divisions and opportunites to work for and has great medical benefits. The company offers extra pay towards medical benefits for staying healthy.
Good training company
Driver Night Auditor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2015
Great company to get experience with, training is good. Nice equipment, plenty of freight. Pay is comparable to others
Nice Place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
nice place to work, where they know you by name. A nice way to also see the country. I have learned a lot here at this company
Excellent place to grow from
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: everything, equipment, runs, ect
Cons: average pay
No complaints, best equipment around, and no forced dispatch is a plus. The pay was fair, the truckes were great, the people were excellent and friends kept you happy to see at the terminals.
OTR Driving
Class A Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: well established company
Cons: pay checks just don't seam to add up to the promisses.
This company has ben around along time. They usually have a good staff and good benefit package. However trying to make a living here could pose it's own problems. Pay checks never seam to add up the way they should no matter how hard you run. The checks are always good they just seem to be always low.
Knight was a good place to work.
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2015
Office people were very helpful. The equipment was well maintained. They where a personable company. I got good miles with Kight refrigerated.
Fun driving team of workers ready to get the job done.
Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2015
Another great company of workers who know to make your job worth coming to. On the road they made me feel like part of a growing team.
Exploits workers
Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus OhioMarch 11, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch, what for? stolen overtime.
Cons: it's knight, need i say more?
50 hour standard work week. Straight time! No overtime for mechanics. The reason you ask? These maggots have themselves set up as an agriculture operation! Un-freekin-real! Knight must be growing beans and corn at the terminals. It amazes me how low some of these scab outfits will go to stick it to the employees. I have to give up 10 hours of overtime a week to make the leeches richer. AVOID THIS OUTFIT AT ALL COSTS. Please heed this warning.
Biggest Joke Ever
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 1, 2015
Cons: everything
If You like , making No Money , using 2006 Dinosaur qualcomms , going to Shippers only to find your load is already gone 2 weeks prior , make about 2000-2300 miles a week , not get paid all empty miles , Sitting alot getting small layover pay for it then knight is for you , you are guaranteed to get your car your house Repo'd quick , there trucks have distance detectors on them that lock up your brakes alot , there governed at 62 mph on 70 -75 mph Zones , there terminals have bugs in the showers , there dispatchers never answer the phones when your stranded , there mechanics steal stuff from your tractors , I took me 6 months to recover on my bills from this bottom feeder company .There health coverage is outrageous at $132.00 a week for 2 people that is unreal I will swear on any bible at any church in any state that this company should be banned from the trucking industry ....
Hectic, fast paced work environment that requires commitment and dedication
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, clean work
Cons: long hours, much confrontation with employees
Knight Transportation begins at 7 a.m. and ends no earlier than 5 p.m. Notice I said "ends no earlier" meaning I could be in the office until 5 or I could be in the office until 7 p.m. I would sit at my computer all day constantly taking phone calls while multitasking by planning loads on tractors, dealing with payroll issues, and helping the market team. I gained knowledge of the AS-400 to add to my computer skills along side Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Management was involved to an extent but overall you're independent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple drivers at once. When they weren't all trying to get a hold of you at the same time it was a pretty relaxed environment.
starter company
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2015
good starter company...wish i had found them first instead of a few other companies...im just lookin to b home with one month old
Fitness center on site and onsite cafe
Credit Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2015
We have a meeting every week called the WIG (wildly important goals) I feel at times that I do not have enough time to get all of my required tasks completed.
A decent company to work for
Driver (Current Employee), Lafayette TennesseeFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good people. great equipment
Cons: lots of wasted time
I've had a fairly good experience at Knight Refrigerated. It is an otr company so you do have to stay away from home for a few weeks at a time but they have been very flexible with my family needs. Our crew in Memphis is like a family and everyone in the office has had my back when I needed them. As far as the negative goes, I have had to wait for loads and I do a lot of live loads and unloads. That does eat into my productivity but I usually manage 2500 miles a week on average. I think I would make better miles driving for the dry van division but refrigerated isn't bad. There's a lot of accounts that I like. many people seem to be complaining about things that are not perfect about trucking in general and that don't have anything to do with Knight specifically. As far as equipment goes, I have a brand new Volvo but I have seen shop people being lazy about maintenance and breakdown acts like you are spending their personal money when you have an issue. Overall I love my job though
Training program was very good
Driver (Former Employee), PhoenixFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: poor compensation, lack of respect, just another company looking to fill seats
Knight is just like every other large company, just looking to fill a seat. Try to recruit new drivers every week and forget about the ones they already have on the road. they are not interested in you getting home, no matter what the situation is. Dispatch, especially night dispatch will try to tell you to drive outside your hours on line 5. They will leave you sitting in places on the road but as soon as you get home after about a day they try to get you to go right back out. majority of their money goes into new equipment, new companies and not into their drivers. it is a fact that you are just a number and nothing more. They also have no problem with you driving broken equipment, Point Blank the driver is not a priority to the company. The only benefit was the training program other than that the company is no different than any other large trucking firm. No matter what you may read or how many YouTube videos you follow, especially the one Knight driver that makes multiple videos praising Knight. the facts are very clear, don't expect to get treated differently at Knight, same routine as Swiift Central or CR England. get your training and move on
Low wages and horrible home time
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: it's a job if you have no other options
Cons: pay, hometime, management, equipment.
Pay was extremely low, home time was terrible, shop maintenance was poor. You're a number. Things may have changed but I stayed 3 months to avoid paying back my orientation pay and ran away as fast as I could.
Great company to work for/ excellent for truckers
Regional Driver (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: communication/ management and work loads
Cons: being out for more than 2 weeks.
I have been real satisfy with this company and would love to reapply again. They have provided me with great ambition to work for them and I enjoyed every moment I was with the company. The only reason I moved on was to be home more with my kids. This company has great communication with dispatchers and management. Great work environment and opportunity to move up. The equipment is always maintained and they always offer better opportunity to become your own trucker (owner operators). If you want to start at a great company for trucker..apply here.
It was an ok place.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice new equipment.
Cons: no heath-care if you are parttime.
A typical day would consist of getting a call from a dispatcher,inspecting the truck,picking up a load,mapping out which route i would take and delivering the freight.
People were fun to work with.
Driver,Spotter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I would make deliveries, and spot trailers, do yard checks, and make sure trailers were in good condition.I enjoyed the work.
ugh
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Wored you too hard. rarely got to be home with family, always sitting after dropping off loads. always got the crappiest stops. seemed like there was pore management
The equipment is well maintained
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: peace and freedom
Cons: spending to much time at a customer getting loaded or unloaded.
A typical day for me is going to pick up my load and delivering it to the customer safely and on time. I've learned that while delivering you must pay attention to where you can and can not go. I work along I don't have a co-driver. The hardest part about my job is when loads get changed at the last minute while in route to the customer or a load is already late for pick up or delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can go and come as I please and don't have no one looking over my shoulder checking to see what I'm doing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Knight Transportation

About Knight Transportation: Knight is one of the largest and most diverse truckload carriers in the United States. Founded – Read more

Knight Transportation Salaries

$19.17 per hour

Knight Transportation Photos

Compeny
Heading west on the I-80 to Salt Lake City
Taking a break after 5 hours of driving. Stretch and enjoy a cool fall day on the river