KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION

KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION Employer Reviews

People were fun to work with.
Driver,Spotter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I would make deliveries, and spot trailers, do yard checks, and make sure trailers were in good condition.I enjoyed the work.
ugh
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Wored you too hard. rarely got to be home with family, always sitting after dropping off loads. always got the crappiest stops. seemed like there was pore management
The equipment is well maintained
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: peace and freedom
Cons: spending to much time at a customer getting loaded or unloaded.
A typical day for me is going to pick up my load and delivering it to the customer safely and on time. I've learned that while delivering you must pay attention to where you can and can not go. I work along I don't have a co-driver. The hardest part about my job is when loads get changed at the last minute while in route to the customer or a load is already late for pick up or delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can go and come as I please and don't have no one looking over my shoulder checking to see what I'm doing.
Truck driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Driving for this company was a amazing experience, I got the opportunity to drive across the country to different states and cities to deliver all kinds of products and help supply growing companies. the management system there allowed me to conduct everyday task on my own time an I was to get to the specific location on time and the hardest part of the job was that some deadlines were unable to be met.
Great Company and Pay
OTR Driver (Current Employee), OTRDecember 9, 2014
Pros: get to see the country
Cons: very little home time
Great Company just very little home time. I am getting to the point where I want a little more home time.
Good trucking company!
Southeast Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hometime.
Cons: low weekly and/or daily pay.
Knight Transportation is a good place to work for drivers overall! I typically run the southeast running 12 days out with 3 days home. Averaging $114 per day sometimes more. I would like to see a daily average of "not less than $150, based on experience level" and our driving record. Miles are never less than 2500 weekly, that is dispatch and company goal for its drivers!
Allways working
Professional driver (Former Employee), Columbus OHDecember 7, 2014
Cant complain about nothing except the home time is not enough
Instructors
CDL A School Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2014
Two of the CDL instructors are VERY VERY good at what they do and stick by you and help you through it and explain everything in depth, unlike the other 2 instructors.
Good Work load
Dry Van/Company Driver (Current Employee), Western United StatesNovember 11, 2014
Iv learned the ins and outs of Truck driving and safety.
Management lacks communication and operating with customers.
Forced dispatch is present, even though they deny it.
ABSOLUTLEY A WASTE OF TYME
driver (Former Employee), Phoenix azNovember 11, 2014
Cons: poor management
Recruiting ensured me I had a job and had me pay my own way from texas to phoenix az only to tell me that the company wasn't interested.
Not a bad company to work for.
Comerical Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2014
The hardest part of the job, is being away from home long periods of time.
Internship
Market Manager/ Driver Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2014
This was a good internship.
Learned time management.
Very flexible work hours for interns.
Very nice workforce.
Worst place to work for and no future/advancement!!
Driver (Current Employee), phoenix azOctober 30, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comments
promised your own track and still using someone else's here and there, when was out from work on an emergency basis they took my stuff out of the truck and gave my track to someone else and was told that my stuff were in a locker left my stuff outside of the storage/locker (all damaged and not in the storage as advised)

management/dispatcher have no communications with driver or each other and always tell you to go and pick up a trailer from a location that there is no trailers. (waste of time/not been paid empty for running around)

no one answers the phone when needed for Emergency and break downs, never bring you home and i was stuck 1 week in California since there was no load to come back home when needed to be back when asked management/dispatchers!!!

customer service is poor and need experience and feel its always discriminating depending on were your from!!!
Cut throat company,not honest with employees
Western regional driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they have very good connections on the west coast
Cons: everything i listed above
I would not recommend going to Knight after working for them for 9 months. They do not trust or respect there drivers. I had to take a medical leave and was discharged for it and I never was even told anything by the company but found out from Walmart that my benefits had been dropped and later found out after calling HR that I had been terminated. Another reason to rethink going to knight is that they don't allow inverters in there trucks unless it plugs into cig lighter.So that means no microwave or fridge etc.Also most companies will make you get your A-B service at 15,000 & 30,000 mi but knight will make you do it at 7000mi which means spending 2-3 days in shop status every 2-3 weeks cause there shops are usually backed up and slow.

They also have a sitting duck rule where they don't allow you to park your truck on a side road or they will terminate you. I was harassed by the safety guy at the Tulare shop because I parked on a dead end road to make a phone call and he threatened me with the sitting duck rule because its a safety issue but meanwhile he lets his young daughter who is probably 9-10 yrs old drive the company golf cart around the knight yard with all the other trucks by her self. That seems like more of a safety issue if you ask me.

Get everything in writing and make notes of every conversation you have because they will flip flop on you when they need to.
Rating with high bouns
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILOctober 23, 2014
Pros: miles are there
Cons: gone all the time away from home
Wonderful place to work each day full of different area and lots of places to travel to. Weekly miles are around 3,000 or more. My co-worker are easy to get alone with and the management is more hands on with their drivers. The hardest part of the job to me is nothing they are easy to work with.
lacks organization and management
Regional Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), phoenix, azOctober 22, 2014
Pros: can obtain experience towards furthering your career
Cons: weak leadership, "inner circle mentality", not concerned with legal practices
lacking in many key areas, unexperienced management. Discriminatory work place and very high turnover in all areas of the company.
it,ok some times
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSOctober 15, 2014
Cons: bad healthcare
the do not pay munch by mile / lot of setting not getting paid for it thay wall lie to you about job to get you there the healthcare is very bad do not pay on any thing if you are sick
just work
Inventory Account Manager - Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no room for advancement
not fun. very difficult to work with other managers. long hours. good way to meet outside vendors.
Hardest and worst place to work ever
Market Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, okOctober 6, 2014
Pros: listed on nyse
Cons: everything else
Knight Transportation may be the worst place to work in America. I have personally had conversations with one of the Knight brothers, and he made it clear that they have no concern for employees and their integrity. The management is clearly top down, with little or no regard to ingenuity or a solutions based mind set. Management on the terminal level is certainly the "yes man" mentality and doesnt ever question executives from their pearly white castle gates who have little or no idea about what is really happening from an operations standpoint. Basically, the Knights are whimpering, soft spoken BYU activists that run a company based on only operating revenue, and with little or no regard for their drivers that make up the majority of their successful workforce.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Professional Fleet Driver (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2014
KNIGHT IS GOOD COMPANY.. THEY GET YOU HOME WHEN NEEDED. GREAT BENEFITS.

1 2 3 4 5

About KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION

About Knight Transportation: Knight is one of the largest and most diverse truckload carriers in the United States. Founded – Read more

KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION Photos