Knight Transportation

Knight Transportation Employee Reviews

Just may be the job for you......
Driver P + D (Current Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 28, 2015
Depending on what you enjoy doing in life, this just may be the job for you. If you enjoy the opportunity of meeting different people everyday, this is the job for you.
Great jumping off point!
Operations/ Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Pros: People are great, good place to start a career
Cons: very little room to advance outside of moving to Phoenix AZ
Knight is a terrific company to start a career with. With little or no experience you can get into the transportation industry and learn the ropes. There is room for advancement if you are willing to move to Phoenix AZ otherwise you are very limited in your roles and options.
Excellent company to work for in a competitive and difficult industry.
Northeast Regional Market Planner (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Growth-oriented company rooted within the notion of being a nationally recognized carrier, but with a small town family feel. I currently hold the position of the Northeast Regional Planner for the refrigerated division of Knight Transportation. I regulate the outbound traffic of our company assets based on inbound company assets and customer needs throughout a 13 state region...relying heavily upon constant market awareness and management. I have learned many things while working with Knight, too many to list here, but what I am most proud of is honing my logistical management skills while keeping the ethics of the business and fellow employees at the forefront. Being away from home for 10-12 hours per day is without a doubt rough, but as with anything worth anything, one must put in the time to be successful...to an extent. A positive that comes from spending that much time at work, is the ever evolving and changing "family-dynamic" of my particular office...an experience that I will carry with me as my professional career continues to grow and flourish. I also appreciate the autonomous work environment provided by my level of management, as well as upper management. Everyone makes each decision with the well-being of the company in mind...which can make even the most difficult situations and/or decisions become quite transparent and easy to derive.
OTR Truck Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Very good company to work for
Cons: hard to find empty trailers when you are in a crunch time. have to drive all over to find one.
I am an OTR Truck Driver...... I drive all 48 states in the USA.
I enjoy driving; My job details include some but not all. DOT requirements, inspections on Trailers and truck. On time pickups and deliveries unless weather or problems occur which may include; Blow out, break down, road conditions etc. Knight Transportation is a good company to work for. If you are willing and wanting to work, you will be given miles. Las Vegas, NV terminal is awsome as well as the dispatchers and all employees who work there. They are very good at getting you home for home time when you want it.
As well as keeping their equipment up and running.
trucking company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Morris, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no money
so so company
learned a few things from them like backing up, started driving doubles and never learned to back into a dock
had to move on though to a bigger company to make any real money
No opportunity and no loyalty to employees
Corporate Cargo Claims Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
I had taken over as the cargo claims manager making the same salary as I did reviewing driver logs. Thought because of the change of position I would be able to move up since I had been managing more things. They looked that over and kept me at the same rate and I had people under me doing things and making more than I did.
Put in my 2 week notice and it was pretty much don't let the door hit you on the way out.
driving a tractor trailer over various road/traffic conditions and weather
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2015
Pros: travel and job security
Cons: Being away from family for long periods of time up to 4 weeks at a time
driving 11 hours a day with little to no supervision. I pride myself on never being late. My driver manager trusts me to get the job done and lets me handle the trip how I see fit. I don't interact with my co-workers very often as I am a solo driver and don't see co-workers often. The hardest part of my job is being away from family and friends. However the most enjoyable part of my job is all the different parts of the country I get to see on a daily basis.
Didn't work for the company very long
Driver In Training (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJune 12, 2015
Didn't work for the company very long was a entry level new driver, trainer was picked out of a hat and didn't really enjoy working for the company didn't learn that much from the trainer i had.
Sorry management really sorry...
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: There is some work
Cons: Poorest management I have ever seen.
Make sure if you work for knight that you get on daily pay and check pay thoroughly.

You are shown new trucks, but you will not get one.

Don't call night time dispatch for anything, they dodge questions, don't reply, you are disturbing their lazy a sis
A Job worth having.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good money when you made money and good credit ratings.
Cons: down time in between jobs menat no pay until you were driviong again.
Obtaining this lob meant attending 5 days of orientation and performing a medical test for the medical card, as well as a driving test to show backing and maneuvering skills.
Unfortunately, you were assigned a number which took jobs in rotation which meant you could draw numerous poorly paying jobs in a row. Added to this was the fact that the driver manager could develop friendships with certain persons which would then make them become elite meaning they would draw the bulk of the good paying jobs. So there was no reward in working over, working hard, being diligent etc, as it was a job of luck and favoritism over skill.
I love my job!
Carrier Relations (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: Amazing work/home life balance, good compensation plan and decent benefits.
Working at Knight has given me the life I've always wanted. I get to be at home with my family, I have a work family, and I love my job. I'm excited to come to work everyday! There is occasional work on the weekend but If I have to be away my boss understands. If you get a chance to work at Knight, take it. But expect to work hard and give it your all!
Company focused on growth
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix AZApril 30, 2015
There are lots of opportunities to advance given the growth goals this company has. Hard work does pay off. Positive team environment.
Decent Benefits but very poor training and management. Not the place for veterans.
Driver Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Immature management, Horrible training
Great company if you can get by the first line supervisors. Training was absolutely the poorest I have ever seen in a large corporation. Promotion seems to be based on who can handle attrition versus competency. Lots of young inexperienced kids in mid level supervision. No professionalism. Cussing yelling etc. Surprised how the company survives. If you are a veteran...stay away. Company littered with spoiled and privileged draft dodgers who do not appreciate this country!!!
Good Benefits
Company Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Company has many different divisions and opportunites to work for and has great medical benefits. The company offers extra pay towards medical benefits for staying healthy.
Good training company
Driver Night Auditor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2015
Great company to get experience with, training is good. Nice equipment, plenty of freight. Pay is comparable to others
Nice Place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
nice place to work, where they know you by name. A nice way to also see the country. I have learned a lot here at this company
Excellent place to grow from
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: everything, equipment, runs, ect
Cons: average pay
No complaints, best equipment around, and no forced dispatch is a plus. The pay was fair, the truckes were great, the people were excellent and friends kept you happy to see at the terminals.
OTR Driving
Class A Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: well established company
Cons: pay checks just don't seam to add up to the promisses.
This company has ben around along time. They usually have a good staff and good benefit package. However trying to make a living here could pose it's own problems. Pay checks never seam to add up the way they should no matter how hard you run. The checks are always good they just seem to be always low.
Knight was a good place to work.
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2015
Office people were very helpful. The equipment was well maintained. They where a personable company. I got good miles with Kight refrigerated.
Fun driving team of workers ready to get the job done.
Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2015
Another great company of workers who know to make your job worth coming to. On the road they made me feel like part of a growing team.
Headquarters