Knight Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Need to build experience?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 15, 2016
Large fleet operation for primarily inexperienced drivers. Multiple dispatchers when driving cross country. Compensation was adequate but many corporate practices were silly and biased. Drivers were NEVER a priority.

Chance to get miles and experience under your belt, no other reason to stay.

One thing I did enjoy was driving around the country and taking time off without any difficulty.
Pros
Driving experience
Cons
NOT Driver oriented.
Knight Transportation is a very good company to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 8, 2016
Productive very busy good work environment positive management and training available i enjoy working there but ready to make a move out of state
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great job culture, they promote from within, worked here 6 years they paid for me to get my Class B CDL and trained me as a driver, the pay was good for the job and the qualifications. Home everyday.
Knight is a horrible place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2016
I spend more time setting at a dock than driving. Then I have to beg for detention pay. Little short runs little pay. Set most weekends waiting for a load. DM says their isn't any freight. Drivers quitting left and right. DM's are liars. DON'T work for Knight if you need to make a fair living. Its sad when you pull into your home terminal and its full of livid drivers that are threatening to work. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Promise bonus,then take it away at last minute. Their pay scale is as big of a joke as they are. Beware poisen!!!!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything bad you can think of
Poor management and long hours
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2016
They will work you to the bone and management is aggressive and hostile. The disconnect from the leaders at the top and the grunts in cubicle land is vast. To top it off they love to lay off workers.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
bad management, hostile working environments
Worst Company I Ever Drove For
Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 19, 2016
low pay, long waits loading and unloading with little or no detention pay,little time for sleep,weekend time off is only 24-36 hours,lots of handling of freight
work, work
driver manager/customer service represenative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 5, 2016
you have a plethora of work through out the day beginning with running through your trucks to see who is on time and running behind . when you alert the appropriate party you then move on to planning trucks and finding loads for them. hardest part of the job is making everything work in everyone's favor. most enjoyable part is knowing that you helped someone make a living or got the home for that special event or doctors appointment.
Pros
pay, benefits, people in your own office
Cons
high stress, always on call, micro managed, working relationships with employees in other offices
Great place to start driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMay 30, 2016
I worked for Knight for 5 years. They were there when I needed employment. The pay wasn't the best but it kept me financially above water. I have many mixed opinions of Knight. After 5 years, I was ready to move on to other things.
Pros
Good trucks to drive. Always new or a couple of years old
Cons
At times, the customer seemed to be more important than driver safety. That changed once they went to e-logs.
too many hours
YARD WORKER AT CHEMOURS (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 26, 2016
My shifts at Knight Transportation are 5 days a week for 12 hours a day. We are paid $12 per hour no over time. Money was alright but 60 hours a week is my whole life.
Easiest job in truck driving. Just backing empty trailers into doors and pulling them back to the yard when loaded.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
high turn over
Good people to work with, not much on compensation or benefits.
Operations Manager/Market Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 22, 2016
Work with customers, try and agree to terms about rates giving us freight. Learned several things including negotiation skills, B2B relationships, and rates. Hardest part of the job, not getting caught up in the whirlwind. Most enjoyable part of the job is winning new business.
Best company I've been with so far
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 8, 2016
I really liked the company. Management really got me on home time as requested and pay was decent. I left because I was looking to lease a truck.
Pros
Friendly, Great home time, daily pay
Horrible Work/Life Balance, No advancement opportunity
Logistics Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2016
They do a great job on selling you the "Dream" but they leave a lot out when they interview/hire you including the holidays/weekends you have to work and how little advancement there is. All of the best employees they let walk right out the door after other companies offer them much higher pay.
Idiots at knight.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 8, 2016
We have a few drivers lil boy and his black rapper gangster wanna be side kick that post some of the stupidest stuff must. have alot of time on their hands.what a bunch of kissers....
Pros
Cons
All the drivers are for themselves and mgmt sucks
They had a t.v. and shower at the terminal
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
14 hrs work days. I learned how to travel the roads around the u.s. My manager was very good to me. Hardest part of the job was staying health and being away from family. The freedom to be able to travel.
Pros
The people at knight was good to me
Cons
Didnt pay enough money
Great company
Cargo Relocation Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
Good home time. local runs. i worked there for 10 years and never regretted it. pay was good. truck was very nice. good runs
Pros
good home time
False claims
none (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 18, 2016
Totally false website claims. Called their recruiting line and asked about CDL training that their site advertised but was told to go get my CDL first, apply for a job then they will consider my application. Rude call takers and un interested in helping as well.
Hard working work place
Breadown Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2016
The work was long, did not have avery good management system.
Changed their goals every week. Bought more trucks and hired less people.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
no raises for almost 5 years
Over the road company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2016
Go into work, and get load information from dispatcher. Fuel tractor trailer. Do pre trip, do quall com logs. Make deliveries on time and date provided. Was gone about 3 weeks at a time.
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
no family time
A lot of chaos
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
There are no written policies or procedures. If you do something wrong is when you find out even if you think it is right. Management is available to talk to but when you ask them for something you hope you get it. Some tools needed for your job are all locked and you have to ask different people to get access to do your job. Some of the employees do what they want and were even told they were doing wrong doing but continued to do the same thing.Training for new employees is very much lacking and since there are no procedures written everyone is taught differently.The benefits are basic and not everyone gets stock options. The hardest part of my job was running into new things I was supposed to do and not knowing how to do them. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the drivers.
Lots of work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2016
Earned my Class A through them. Good outfit if you like being on the road for weeks at a time. They operate dry van, refrigerated, and port services.

2.6