Knights of Columbus

Knights of Columbus United States Employee Reviews

My experience
Waitress, hostess (Former Employee), Dallas txFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: very little room to advance
I loved working for the Knights of Columbus. I was always on time willing to take extra shifts even though I was a high school student in activities such as Soccer, Drill Team, & Softball. Loved my job and was always happy in the environment where I worked with many different people. Never had problems with the customers I dealt with but had a couple problems with a couple coworkers. It was the hardest problem for me because I noticed they were stealing tips we all had to share so I professionally brought it to the managers attention but since they were related to other coworkers I was punished with fewer shifts which then led me to put in my 2 weeks and focus on my education. I however did learn how to check ids for alcohol and give wristbands, set up tables and chairs, put napkins in the glasses, set up the silver ware properly on the table and cater food to parties.
Highly necessary but demanding
Field Agent (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2015
I am learning a heck of a lot, and I am providing a very valuable benefit to many different families, and it is very rewarding. The work can be very difficult and time intensive.
Fundraisers
Officer (Former Employee), Itasca, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the feeling i get when i know that we've helped people in need.
Cons: this is time consuming.
Through the Knights of Columbus, we are working on yearly fundraisers. These fundraisers are to help local and community business as well as national and international businesses. My function in this is to acquire the donations. I help in bringing in thousands of dollars worth of donations to help support the organization fundraisers.
Fun and good pay
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Working at the Knights was fun. I got to cook, bar tend, and get paid well for it. It was busy at times, especially on game days, but most times it was pretty slow. The customers were very nice and there was great opportunity for advancement.
Knights Of Columbus
Clerk Typist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: health insurance and benefits package
Cons: lack of transparency among management.
It is a fast-pace environment. It is all about production, production, production.We strive--every year, to expand out products, around the world. I work along-side our Underwriters.I request and receive, insurer's medical information. I input it, into our system.
The hardest part of the job, " knowing you have other interest and skills, and those skills , are not being utilized!" The most enjoyable part of my job , has to be the people I meet, and my co-workers.
Through out the 7 years , working at the Knights of Columbus, I have learned to balance work and life., organizational skills and good business practices--ethics.
Great People
Member of Golf League (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 6, 2015
It was a great group of people to be with. It was laid back and everyone was there to have fun.
Clerk (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 18, 2014
A typical day would be scanning life policies into a scanner 250+, Create a PDF file which would generate a contract for the life insurer.
Input a count of all files brought in and out of the department into an Excel spreed sheet and software.
Email the spreed sheet to various departments for their counts.
Collect applications from processors and file numerically into basket
bring files to the Underwriting Department and collect files for the department in which the work needed to be proceed
Early hours, not a lot of help.
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Lansing, ILNovember 25, 2014
Pros: usually off before noon.
Cons: trucks come early, sometimes would have to be at work before 3 am. no set schedule.
There were only two people in our department, so sometimes, especially around the holidays we would be unloading and checking in freight nearly all day. I did however learn a lot about shipping and receiving, and inventory. A skill that I will no doubt use again someday.
Great mission but difficult to make a living
Licensed Field Agent (Current Employee), homeNovember 3, 2014
Pros: company mission and ability to work from home
Cons: commission based income
Learned and continuing to learn all aspects of the life insurance business.
Able to work from home.
Have a true belief in the mission of the company and organization.
With total commission based sales and working only within the parameters of the fraternal organization memberhip, the ability to earn a sustainable income is extremely difficult.
fun place to work and a good starter job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: this was a fun and enjoyable job with good pay and good people.
Cons: i only worked as needed so i didnt get as many hours as i would have liked.
Working for the Knights of Columbus was my very first job. I had a lot of fun working here. I was able to experience many different positions here. I especially loved it because I got to work around people constantly.
almost like a family run place
Cook (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILAugust 24, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: dishes after a event
Loved working here, curretly under new management then when i was there. real great first job!
Strong Fraternal Orginization
Field Agent (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 13, 2014
Set own work schedule
Learned sales and customer service techniques
Excellent Managment
Data Entry (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 1, 2014
Quiet steady and productive.

Learn to be consistent in my entry

Managed paper time in a orderly fashion.

All our co-workers got along great and stayed focus and work hard.

There was no hard parts, the job was pretty simple.

Most enjoyable part of this job was eating at the cafeteria. Cool place to eat.

Thank you.
Excellent work environment
Field Agent (Former Employee), West Hempstead, NYJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work was to do paperwork in the morning and then do customer calls in the afternoon. I provided insurance to members and their families. I worked out each clients financial plan so I could see their assets and give direction as to where the gaps in insurance coverage was. My coworkers were all professional insurance agents. The hardest part of the job was getting new members to join the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a member when we uncovered a need.
Basically a volunteer job.
Janitor/ Dishwasher/ Bartender (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: hardly any hours
It was basically a volunteer job but I had fun. A lot of the people that worked there were older and of the Christian type. It held banquets in the hall or weddings and such. It wasn't a fast paced environment.
Very enjoyable company to work for
Insurance Field Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good compensation, family values
Cons: assigned sales territory, sales goals only life insurance and not other services
Making telephone calls to fraternal organization membership or prospective members to arrange appointments to discuss fraternal benefits including insurance.

Management was average, would like more assistance/training for obtaining leads. Sales territory is assigned membership councils and some of the prospects are limited.

Co-workers are great! This is a fraternal organization so most of the members have common interests and values that make it very comfortable to work with. The most enjoyable part is meeting with members and helping them take care of family financial and support services.
Nice place to spend time and learn new skills daily.
volunteer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2014
Pros: i could work with people with simular beliefs or ideas for life
Cons: i was not paid a real salery.
For a typical day volunteering for the Knights I would plan to show up on time and stay until everything was done. I would usually help set up for the events. I would usually learn the task as I was working on it. I would try the best that I could at all times to complete the job as well as anyone else,
i worked with mostly men, so there was plenty of steelers games penguin games and piretes games
bartender/cook/waitress (Former Employee), Weirton, WVMarch 22, 2014
Pros: i liked my hours, they was 5 to 11 pm
Cons: no healthcare
I typicaly tended bar, set up for the games when the brought food,sometimes during bocci season, I would get very busy, sometimes those was tough nites, but always made it through. I enjyed a lot of the customers,had a great reprore with most of them, I enjoyed when we all teased each other,had a lot of fun also.
Fun working environment
Server (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHFebruary 22, 2014
-serving, cleaning, and decorating
-customer service
-not very willing to work with the workers
-helped each other when needed
-late hours
-decorating for different events
stressful and unproductive work environment
Field Agent (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great, worth-while organization
Cons: limited propects
Great organizational goals, however management goals are unrealistic when compared to the limited market of prospects and the negative attitude from the fraternal side of the organization towards the insurance side.

1 2 3

About Knights of Columbus

Good Knight! The Knights of Columbus is a formidable volunteer group, boasting about 14,000 councils made up of 1.8 million Roman – Read more

Knights of Columbus Photos