Knights of Columbus Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun
Lead Councilor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2016
I truly enjoyed this job; it was well managed and staffed and there was never an absence of management. This job provided a friendly work environment with a scheduled lunch and break. I worked with many kids but the hardest part was managing my co-councilor. Co-councilors were hard to manage because they were usually under 18 and very much kids them selves but overall well behaved. I truly loved working with the kids they were fun and full of energy
Knight of Columbus has a fast pace but fun working environment
dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 19, 2016
Knights of Columbus is purely voluntary work. it taught me great social skills and the importance of team work.They are a church program, on friday night, holidays, and the first sunday of the month host meals. i was required to set up, prepare food, serve, clean, and wash dishes. It was a high pace environment because there would roughly be 100 or more people on a regular friday night dinner which meant wed set up and be ready by 4:30 guests come in at 5 and find their seats and then we make plates of food and serve.
very stressful place to work very demanding
General Agent (Former Employee) –  north shore massachusettsMay 19, 2016
worked for the k of c for almost six years as an agent then general agent it was wonderful working with the councils helping them with membership drives which helped us expand our prospect list was a top producer in Philadelphia it was the best year of my life.as a new immigrant from Ireland it was a challenge at first.the following year moved to ma andover where I worked with dozen fellow brother agents building up an agency from a gen agent who had been ill for a long time I had big shoes to fill I continued my council work with my team now I had to train and recruit fellow agents. home office had us attending several training at home office in new haven ct great history to the place the museum covers 10% of the building space it was made clear this place is about sales of the insurance program which is the best value in theU.S .However if you did not meet quotas the consequences were severe. I left that job in april 97 a broken and very depressed individual unless you have other skills treat this job as an evening and parttime position the compensation can be good and their pension is second to none kc of c does great charity work but make no mistake the administration in new haven its all about insurance sales.
Pros
good compensation for success
Cons
harsh treatment if you dont meet quotas
Hard working and productive
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2016
As a volunteer we would help around the church grounds and do what ever needed to be done such as; cut the grass, help with church festivals, change light fixtures etc.
Don't do it
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 1, 2016
The pay is low. There are a lot of late nights and travel. There is good training. There is little opportunity for advancement.
this is a efferent kind of company
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 22, 2016
With them my responsible is a day to day changes with daily specials banquets maintenance ,ordering and all supplies needed .with are lunches and are dinners we served 15 to 30. then on top of that are banquets served 100 to 200 persons.
Pros
all in all just a nice to work
Cons
nice place to work no cons here
Fun place to volunteer at
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mattapoisett, MAApril 24, 2016
It is a very good organization were you can volunteer your time, network with others, and give back to the community. It is an enjoyable experience.
Great Business!
Part time Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houghton, IAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work and great environment to be in. Overall very clean as well. Love working here and love my bosses. A typical day I would open and close the bar and during opening hours I serve customers as needed. I split days with one other girls and she is a great person to work with as well. I enjoy keeping my customers company and having great conversations with them!
Volunteer
Advocate, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2016
The Knights of Columbus is a volunteer organization that is connected with the Catholic Church that does a lot of Charity work. I help either setting up programs or working with current programs. I lead monthly meetings, help with the Home Association program and with financials for both programs.
Pros
community outreach, charity events
Knights Of Columbus
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2015
It is a fast-pace environment. It is all about production, production, production.We strive--every year, to expand out products, around the world. I work along-side our Underwriters.I request and receive, insurer's medical information. I input it, into our system.
The hardest part of the job, " knowing you have other interest and skills, and those skills , are not being utilized!" The most enjoyable part of my job , has to be the people I meet, and my co-workers.
Through out the 7 years , working at the Knights of Columbus, I have learned to balance work and life., organizational skills and good business practices--ethics.
Pros
health insurance and benefits package
Cons
lack of transparency among management.
It's just a fulfilling job.
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 22, 2016
The money we generate at the Knights go to help people near and far. It is rewarding to work for a company that help so many in need.
Pros
The people that we help
Cons
the people we are unable too.
Worked in the company 10 years
Senior System Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven,CTDecember 25, 2015
My position was Senior System Programmer Analyst and last 5 years of which Senior System Data Analyst. I was responsible for the data analysis of the all environments - test and production, working with the various technical groups - developers and business analysts and project managers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very enjoyable company to work for
Insurance Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 25, 2014
Making telephone calls to fraternal organization membership or prospective members to arrange appointments to discuss fraternal benefits including insurance.

Management was average, would like more assistance/training for obtaining leads. Sales territory is assigned membership councils and some of the prospects are limited.

Co-workers are great! This is a fraternal organization so most of the members have common interests and values that make it very comfortable to work with. The most enjoyable part is meeting with members and helping them take care of family financial and support services.
Pros
flexible hours, good compensation, family values
Cons
assigned sales territory, sales goals only life insurance and not other services
Fundraisers
Officer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Through the Knights of Columbus, we are working on yearly fundraisers. These fundraisers are to help local and community business as well as national and international businesses. My function in this is to acquire the donations. I help in bringing in thousands of dollars worth of donations to help support the organization fundraisers.
Pros
the feeling i get when i know that we've helped people in need.
Cons
this is time consuming.
Set up well for good salesmen
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 1, 2015
Lots of good agents who are willing to help if asked a question. Support and training strong in the agency I worked in. Cold calls are made easier because most members know the call is coming and are respectful when they decline.
Pros
Make your own hours, Able to make significant amounts of money
Cons
Appointments will be in the evenings if you want to do well
A fun and exciting place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 4, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at the Knights of Columbus. I enjoy the fast paced environment. The employees and the relationships I gained are second to none. If there were opportunities for advancement and I could make enough money to support my family I would still be working there.
Wonderful place to be employed
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2015
* Typical Day - Busy
* Learned - Learned how to be a team player
* Management - Management was Okay
* Co-workers - They were terrific
* Hardest part of the job - Early Start
* Enjoyable part of the job - Easy Work and Out Early
Pros
1/2 price meals
Cons
Short breaks, and not much pay
A very good not for profit organizetion.
President of the Institute (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 24, 2015
Even though it's a charitable organization they still operate two different public entities. It was a pleasure and rewarding experience to work with them.
Knights of Columbus
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 14, 2015
Knights of Columbus does not offer much balance with work life balance. The typical week has the agent put in 70 hours or more of work. The pay is rather low.
Pros
??
Cons
Low pay
Wonderful place to work
Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2015
I am my own boss. I work 24/7 and will work and meet with my clients at anytime. I enjoy this job because I help people and I enjoy volunteering. I have worked for the Knights of Columbus for 18 years and have started several new councils and help revive several others. I am considered the Member Benefit Specialist for the West Side of Columbus. I perform many personal presentations and perform at many public speaking engagements.

I also train and assist many new officers in each of the councils.
Pros
Meeting many new families and clients
Cons
For the most part, this is a second shift job. Balance of time between family and job is difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knights of Columbus. Our community is ready to answer.