Knights of Columbus Employee Reviews

A good place to grow as an employee.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAJune 12, 2017
I just started here and am learning a lot. I came there not knowing very much about bartending and I learned so much. They also sent me to get Ramp certified.
Nothing really to say
FIeld Agent (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 2, 2017
Nothing really to say! The job speaks for itself. For a company that prides itself on family and faith, they make a strong effort to separate you from that.
Sweet and helpful
Cioppino Dinner - Designated food server (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 30, 2017
They have a very good heart by helping people and it shows in their work. They treated me very nicely and helped me along the way. Overall great ecpierence volunteering there.
Workplace culture
Insurance field Agent (Current Employee) –  Southwick, MAMay 9, 2017
This is an organization which prides itself on the Catholic Faith and its members. Working with assigned councils and meeting the members and their families was rewarding. Learning the value of the products that we sell as well as how they work was very educational for myself.
Pros
Nice meetings, complimentary ammenditites
Cons
Working on commission can be challenging
Very Professional Work Environment
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 23, 2017
The work force is very competent and there is work life balance. Salaries are great and benefits are good as well. It is a pleasant place to work, very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No free parking
The entire staff was amazing.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 6, 2017
This was a very easy job. I picked up on the skills that I needed very fast. I didn't work very many hours. The restaurant was almost always busy so the staff got good tips.
Pros
The staff eats free.
Cons
I did not work very many hours.
Excellent job for experienced insurance salesman
Fraternal Insurance Agent, Northeast (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALFebruary 2, 2017
One of the last insurance companies that still meets with their clients in their homes. Excellent client rapport required.

Very strong company with excellent management. Loved working there.
Good place to work good to employees
DATA PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Great company with room for growth however in work training is minimal. It was a company where I learned a lot of experience that I will carry with me and learned how to deal with all different types of people.
I was a clerk typist for the supply department at knights of columbusmy typical day at work was to sort the mail, then receptionist duties ,
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my positon at knights of columbus, and my experience there . The staff at the supply department were freindly and professional it was a honor to have worked with them.
A great organization
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A great organization to be a volunteer for. I would recommend it to allmy friends and family. I have many members of my family that are a part of this organization.
Nice, satisfying place to work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 3, 2017
The Association is a great place to work with little experienced issues. The job fit my schedule easily with no problems. The job required helping customers and attendees, teaching me a great deal of customer service. The management was excellent, and my coworkers are great. The work was hard, but not hard enough to prevent me from working.
Pros
Satisfying work, free meals, good management
Cons
Not super consistent workdays
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Loogootee, INNovember 24, 2016
Great people great staff loved it there but moved to Florida to be close to family. I managed ordering, staffing, cash handling, yearly audits and maintenance of facility.
Business analysis
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 24, 2016
● Business Analyst professional with over 9 years of experience in Banking (both Commercial and Investment), Finance and Property and casualty, Life Insurance, Retirement plans.
● Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools technologies and release.
A very respectable place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Washington, MO 63090August 7, 2016
Very good place to work, they trust you with a lot. The people that are apart of the organization are, for the most part, cool. The job itself was easy but still took common sense. Management was good as well. The only reason i had to quick was my life got to hold a part- time and full-time job and go to school.
Pros
Good pay, good atmosphere, good hours
Cons
Got busy at times where it was difficult for one bartender to handle
Hard working and productive
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2016
As a volunteer we would help around the church grounds and do what ever needed to be done such as; cut the grass, help with church festivals, change light fixtures etc.
Don't do it
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 1, 2016
The pay is low. There are a lot of late nights and travel. There is good training. There is little opportunity for advancement.
Knight of Columbus has a fast pace but fun working environment
dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 19, 2016
Knights of Columbus is purely voluntary work. it taught me great social skills and the importance of team work.They are a church program, on friday night, holidays, and the first sunday of the month host meals. i was required to set up, prepare food, serve, clean, and wash dishes. It was a high pace environment because there would roughly be 100 or more people on a regular friday night dinner which meant wed set up and be ready by 4:30 guests come in at 5 and find their seats and then we make plates of food and serve.
very stressful place to work very demanding
General Agent (Former Employee) –  north shore massachusettsMay 19, 2016
worked for the k of c for almost six years as an agent then general agent it was wonderful working with the councils helping them with membership drives which helped us expand our prospect list was a top producer in Philadelphia it was the best year of my life.as a new immigrant from Ireland it was a challenge at first.the following year moved to ma andover where I worked with dozen fellow brother agents building up an agency from a gen agent who had been ill for a long time I had big shoes to fill I continued my council work with my team now I had to train and recruit fellow agents. home office had us attending several training at home office in new haven ct great history to the place the museum covers 10% of the building space it was made clear this place is about sales of the insurance program which is the best value in theU.S .However if you did not meet quotas the consequences were severe. I left that job in april 97 a broken and very depressed individual unless you have other skills treat this job as an evening and parttime position the compensation can be good and their pension is second to none kc of c does great charity work but make no mistake the administration in new haven its all about insurance sales.
Pros
good compensation for success
Cons
harsh treatment if you dont meet quotas
Fun place to volunteer at
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mattapoisett, MAApril 24, 2016
It is a very good organization were you can volunteer your time, network with others, and give back to the community. It is an enjoyable experience.
this is a efferent kind of company
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 22, 2016
With them my responsible is a day to day changes with daily specials banquets maintenance ,ordering and all supplies needed .with are lunches and are dinners we served 15 to 30. then on top of that are banquets served 100 to 200 persons.
Pros
all in all just a nice to work
Cons
nice place to work no cons here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knights of Columbus. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval