KNOLL INC Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work, people are very nice and I love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAOctober 3, 2017
I always enjoy coming to work at knoll. I enjoy my job and the people I work with are very nice and cooperative. My boss is not a micro manager. As long as I come to work and get it done he is fine.
I would love to be a permanent employee instead of a temp.
Pros
Great work enviornmen
Cons
Temporary employment status
I was a part time baker I was working somewhere else
Baker (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 13, 2017
My time in knollwood club was great because I was a part time baker and I love to bake I had a full time job somewhere else is a catering Chef but I really enjoy working there and make me feel good about my baking skills
Fast paced and driven
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 19, 2017
Upper management unfortunately treats employees like cattle, there is always another warm body to take your place. Experience and skills are not as valued as they should be.
Pros
Great co-workers, few exceptional supervisiors, fast paced and people with a wealth of knowlegde willing to train.
Cons
Working 32 or less is very commom, Health care is awful pricely for more then one person, Being too good at anything can often leave you shift or postionally limited.
Nice place
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 17, 2017
I liked my job just did not like the favoritism from supervisors to employees. Also a lot of lazy team members that i had to pick up after. Friendly staff.
Good
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Overall good place to work. Opportunity for overtime, good atomsphere and company paid training in places such as Germany and North Carolina.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Traveling
Fun co-workers
Staff Accountant I (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PADecember 29, 2016
Co-workers are fun to be around. Management is very controlling. You are viewed as a robot and have no thought as to suggestions.
Cons
Micro management
great
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 13, 2016
great place to work the hours are great my co-workers were great the job was very laid back and management team were good place too work for
Decent
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MINovember 4, 2015
Not much room for growth with in the company. Work hours aren't bad, but lots of overtime. The work here usually comes and goes. The quarters jump a lot and you lose hours and than end up working overtime to make up for the lost production. The benefits are kinda are costly and the dental is not really dental. Their is a big difference in the culture from shift to shift. People are friendly and have knowledge of the company. The pay is really good here.
Pros
Hours 7 am to 3 pm
Cons
overtime all the time and takes a long time to get Vacation time built
Nice Area, Nice People
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 5, 2015
Overall the work was pleasant, and I felt like I was appreciated there. I had room to learn and develop and got a chance to try things myself.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Nothing specific
Knoll, Inc. is a magnificent, high quality product with a rich history.
Sales Representative/Business Development (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 30, 2015
Knoll, Inc. is a wonderful company with many talented and outstanding employees. Unfortunately, lacking morals and poor decision making on behalf of local regional management is proving detrimental to the company. I was blessed to cover the Ohio market and the clientele I earned the opportunity to assist were simply wonderful to work with.
A typical day could include anything from preparing/delivering presentations to clients, delivering furniture, assisting in design work, relaying valuable information to our factories or simply focus/planning time in my office making calls, replying to emails, etc. Managing my schedule was a blessing as well. Yet, delegating necessary tasks and particularly ensuring that our client deadlines would be met without a distribution partner was extremely difficult.
By far, the most enjoyable part of this position included the variety of tasks, skill sets necessary and mainly the relationships I built with my coworkers & clientele.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Showroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Management is very well organized, which enables all of he team members to execute goals accordingly.
Fun place and great people
Lead/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  East greenville paAugust 13, 2014
Long day but fun. I learned team work and good working habits
Stepping stone
System Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAJanuary 15, 2014
Essentially, they exploit temporary worker because they don't have to give temps benefits, decent wages, and can dangle the false promise of being hired before them (many temps I met there have been working there for years - on and off, being laid off whenever management feels it necessary). Use this job as a stepping stone, not a lifetime occupation. They treat temps poorly and if you do get hired they don't treat their employees much better (they have had a wage freeze for over 6 years...).
Pros
Very easy work
Cons
TOO easy work & unethical management
Its a good company to work
MBA Intern Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PANovember 22, 2013
Its a good company to work. I worked as an intern in Knoll In.
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Not a great company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 20, 2013
they have you work for a week then layoff i would not suggest this company to anyone
Great people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 18, 2013
This company really knows how to bring a work force together and get people excited about getting a job done.
Awful work force
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MiMarch 19, 2013
Most pathetic people have ever been around, jr high atmosphere
Pros
salary
Cons
people
Productive work place and good people to work with
assist machine operators (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 14, 2013
The company was a good place to work for, there was to many lay offs and call backs and more lay offs
knoll work environment
knoll production technician (Current Employee) –  east greenville,paJanuary 8, 2013
The lack of support, security, and pay combine to make working for this company a dead end lack luster pursuit.
Pros
few
Cons
many
Considered a pinnacle of the NY design world.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2012
Very professional and talented employees, which along with the great design history made this a company that attracts high calibre people.
Over the years the technology changed to include CAP and AutoCad. The job requires a great deal of in depth product knowledge. Deadlines always loomed, but a real team cohesiveness made those deadlines a shared victory. All projects were generated by sales, and most of the people involved were considerate and understood the complexity of the job
Pros
excellent benefits: defined pension benefit, matched 401k, health insurance
Cons
lower end of industry salary