KNOLOGY Employee Reviews in United States

Call Center Environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 4, 2016
Free services are the best thing they have to offer. It's a job to have while your finishing school or looking for more work.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
Workforce Management
a great learning experience in customer service
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 27, 2015
While working for Knology/WOW the main tasks for working in technical support field was to maintain a decent call handle time as well as taking notes during the calls and take the appropriate steps when assisting customers with any issues that they may experience.
Pros
work environment, benifits
Cons
hours, employee/ management communication
The people are great and overall it was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 11, 2015
The typical day was laid back, but productive. I learned about exceptional customer service with plenty of opportunity for growth. Management did not micro-manage as long as everything was taken care of on a daily/weekly basis. The hardest part of the job was usually trying to work with the other companies necessary to complete installations. I enjoyed working here because the people were friendly and management wanted you to succeed.
Pros
Employee's were noticed for achievements.
Cons
Nothing that you wouldn't experience with any other job.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 14, 2015
Knology was an amazing job. I learned many customer service skills at the company. They aim to take care of each customer relentlessly.
Relatively small company attempting to fill some big company pants.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 13, 2012
One of the great things about working with a small business is the ability to communicate effectively, and having the ability to take solutions into your own hands. Within its industry, Knology is a small business. They have, however, rid themselves of all the benefits of being a small business. Communication within the company is nearly nonexistant, and if you can solve a problem for the company, well, you better do that on your own time with little hope of seeing any reward.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
tone deaf upper management
Productive job
Sales Professional/Custer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed coming in everyday I loved my job a typical day was handling over 200 calls system generated call and assisting customers with products for their home and upselling of products and services I got along with all employees on the job the hardest part was competing with the veterans in which they always won all the trips each year
Pros
bonuses, money, trips, and gift cards
Cons
not enough training time for new positions
Used yo be a great company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus gaMay 13, 2013
I was a long time employee there. Over 7 years in sales. Company bought out by WOW cable. My job was done away with. Instead of laying me off, I was demoted and given very little opportunity to make money. New management is ruining what used to be a wonderful company.
Pros
great company for insecurity in your job
Cons
no job security
Knology
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Augusta , gaJuly 26, 2012
Terrible management , poor benefits , not alot of advancement
Great place to work.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 21, 2013
Helpful co workers and supervisors, always work to be done. friendly environment to work in, customers were almost always pleasant. the hardest part was crawling under customers homes to install new cable and phone lines.
Pros
advancement, pay, benefits, incentives.
Cons
crawling under homes.
Competitive, productive, and fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 23, 2012
knology of montgomery did a great job of keeping employees happy. Though this was a competitive position other representative along with management were willing to do to see you become successful.
Enjoyable
Telephony Provisioner/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 7, 2012
Great co-workers. Management was awesome. Learned a lot from Management. Great Benefits
Pros
fun
Cons
corporation
Call Center
TIER II Data Support Commercial Services (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2012
Knology is a good place to work to gain experience in customer service and to become knowledgeable in products and services that the telecommunication industry provides. A typical day for my department is an average of 14 calls per day, along with case work assignments for businesses we provide service for. My responsibility is to provide technical support to Knology's commercial customers, internet and telephone, My main responsibility is to assist and troubleshoot all issues in regards to connectivity, email, email hosting, and web hosting. The work environment is as pleasant as you can expect, given a call center environment, My peers are very knowledgeable and are prepared to help if there is ever a need. Management is very accessible and very easy to work for. The hardest part of my job is the lack of growth and pay increases. What I enjoy most about my job is the friendly environment and the company's focus on created a family oriented atmosphere with events, games, and gatherings.
Pros
discount on home tv, internet, & cable services
Cons
limited growth potential

Comment – October 16, 2012

What is the pay like for your department?

Learned from experienced supervisors
sales rep/customer service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2013
Worked as team and got along extremely well with other employees and supervisors. Sales and customer care service given to all customers.
Many co workers along with myself felt Knology gave favoratism to top sales reps and therefore we were never given the same opportunity to reach the same goals when top reps got all sales and no customer care calls.
Pros
contests to win free merchandise and gift cards.
Cons
felt like just a number, never appreciated for working long hours, or accepting to work whenever short handed.
No Advancement Opportunities Allowed
IT Support (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 8, 2013
I was never allowed to advance out of my position. I would never even get an interview for any open position I applied for. I would be called into the managers office to be told they would give it to someone else, usually someone with no knowledge or experience. This is a company that values the good-ole-boy way of doing business meaning you have to be part of the clique to advance your career at this company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no advancement opportunities allowed
13yrs doing Transport Eng, with great people
Telephony Transport Engineer and Capacity Planning (Former Employee) –  westpoint, GaMarch 24, 2013
I was the Sr Transport Engineer, I also backed up the Transport Manager. Did Capacity Planning as well as 2nd and 3rd level support.
Loved the job till there was a upper level management change to get the company ready to be sold to WOW.
Many years working with great Boss and Co-workers
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company changes for sell to other company
Knology
Counter Lead (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GaJanuary 10, 2013
This was a great place to work. The benifits were awesome. The people were great. Dealing in Customer service was awesome got to meet new people all of the time. The hardest part of the job was being unable to satisfy all of the customers needs.
Pros
free phone, internet, and cable
Cons
dealing with irate people
Great Company, Good Benefits, Excellent Standards.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 21, 2012
Knology is a great company to work for, always expanding . Good pay and benefits. I loved working with the customers and the company treats you like family.
Pros
supervisors often buy you lunches and gifts, relaxed atmospere.
Productive ok place to work
Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 2, 2012
The hardest part of the job is learning the system used and the most enjoyable part is being able to assist customers
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
short breaks
Not a good impression
Billing and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 12, 2012
Not a good place to work. Was not very pleasant dealing with management.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management, the way employees were treated, unorganized
Very family oriented atmosphere
Business Account Liaison (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 17, 2012
Very family oriented atmosphere. The management cared for their employees.