KNOLOGY

KNOLOGY Employer Reviews

Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: bad new managemnt
TRAINING on daily basis.
Making dailies sales.
Finishing all paperwork.
I will give it a 4 in rating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: rules, busy and loads of work everyday
Cons: really nothing
It was great place to work. I stop work at the time due to my daughter (Army) was being deployed and I went to her home to take care of her to young boys.
No Advancement Opportunities Allowed
IT Support (Former Employee), West Point, GAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no advancement opportunities allowed
I was never allowed to advance out of my position. I would never even get an interview for any open position I applied for. I would be called into the managers office to be told they would give it to someone else, usually someone with no knowledge or experience. This is a company that values the good-ole-boy way of doing business meaning you have to – more... be part of the clique to advance your career at this company. – less
Fun company
Cable Installer (Current Employee), augustaJuly 29, 2013
this is a good company to work for but moving up in the company is almost impossible
Used yo be a great company to work for
Sales (Former Employee), Columbus gaMay 13, 2013
Pros: great company for insecurity in your job
Cons: no job security
I was a long time employee there. Over 7 years in sales. Company bought out by WOW cable. My job was done away with. Instead of laying me off, I was demoted and given very little opportunity to make money. New management is ruining what used to be a wonderful company.
Great place to work.
Installer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 21, 2013
Pros: advancement, pay, benefits, incentives.
Cons: crawling under homes.
Helpful co workers and supervisors, always work to be done. friendly environment to work in, customers were almost always pleasant. the hardest part was crawling under customers homes to install new cable and phone lines.
13yrs doing Transport Eng, with great people
Telephony Transport Engineer and Capacity Planning (Former Employee), westpoint, GaMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: company changes for sell to other company
I was the Sr Transport Engineer, I also backed up the Transport Manager. Did Capacity Planning as well as 2nd and 3rd level support.
Loved the job till there was a upper level management change to get the company ready to be sold to WOW.
Many years working with great Boss and Co-workers
Learned from experienced supervisors
sales rep/customer service (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: contests to win free merchandise and gift cards.
Cons: felt like just a number, never appreciated for working long hours, or accepting to work whenever short handed.
Worked as team and got along extremely well with other employees and supervisors. Sales and customer care service given to all customers.
Many co workers along with myself felt Knology gave favoratism to top sales reps and therefore we were never given the same opportunity to reach the same goals when top reps got all sales and no customer care calls.
Knology
Counter Lead (Former Employee), Augusta, GaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free phone, internet, and cable
Cons: dealing with irate people
This was a great place to work. The benifits were awesome. The people were great. Dealing in Customer service was awesome got to meet new people all of the time. The hardest part of the job was being unable to satisfy all of the customers needs.
Great Company, Good Benefits, Excellent Standards.
CSR (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 21, 2012
Pros: supervisors often buy you lunches and gifts, relaxed atmospere.
Knology is a great company to work for, always expanding . Good pay and benefits. I loved working with the customers and the company treats you like family.
Not a good impression
Billing and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 12, 2012
Pros: bonuses
Cons: management, the way employees were treated, unorganized
Not a good place to work. Was not very pleasant dealing with management.
Focus primarily on customer service
Team Lead (Current Employee), AugustaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: pay plus commission
Cons: varies per individual needs
Steady call volume
Team work
Helps developed customer service skills
Cut throat ISP with a reputation for having terrible services.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: they give you pizza and subs on special occasions, like when they're hiring lots of people at one time. a little gimmicky but a nice gesture, nonetheless.
Cons: everyone is super competitive. if you accidentally call someone in sales, they will let you know that you are wasting their time and ruining their stats. lovely indeed.
Knology is a company that really believes in itself and the services they provide, however nothing can be farther from the truth. I was a Technical Service representative for them for about a month. That was all the time that I needed to realize how awful the services they provided truly were. I sat down by an employee who worked there for years, who – more... was a supervisor, who told me that Knology is known to be a company with not the greatest services, but known for excellent customer services. I knew right then, I was in a death trap. No wonder 50% of the customers that dailed into the call center were absolutely irate. No, not just the barley annoyed people who had a minor internet problem every once in a while, but the people who are about to have a minor stroke right in their living room, while you're trying to help them plug and unplug their internet modem. And as ridiculous as it is to treat people in the customer service industry badly, I could honestly really relate to these people. They were not wrong to be that upset to call 7 or 8 times within a 2 week period begging Knology to get it together. As someone who truly was on the inside looking out, the customers were right. Everything from their cable, to their internet, and their phone services, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS CABLE COMPANY. – less
Enjoyable
Telephony Provisioner/Accounting (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSOctober 7, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: corporation
Great co-workers. Management was awesome. Learned a lot from Management. Great Benefits
Knology
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Augusta , gaJuly 26, 2012
Terrible management , poor benefits , not alot of advancement
Competitive, productive, and fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 23, 2012
knology of montgomery did a great job of keeping employees happy. Though this was a competitive position other representative along with management were willing to do to see you become successful.
I really enjoy meeting new people every day
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 10, 2012
My day entails organizing my route, tagging houses by walking door-to-door, presenting our products to potential customers and setting up new accounts. I find the work very enjoyable and the flexible schedule allows me to spend time with own family.
Leadership and good training
Assist customers (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 12, 2012
Pros: every day is a good day.
Cons: no cons
I enjoy everyday that I am at work. It has taught me to continue to be a leader and a hard worker. I enjoy resolving issues and making sure each customer is taken care of.

Javonne – November 28, 2012

Whats the number to HR up there?

Productive ok place to work
Billing Rep (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 2, 2012
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of the job is learning the system used and the most enjoyable part is being able to assist customers
Call Center
TIER II Data Support Commercial Services (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: discount on home tv, internet, & cable services
Cons: limited growth potential
Knology is a good place to work to gain experience in customer service and to become knowledgeable in products and services that the telecommunication industry provides. A typical day for my department is an average of 14 calls per day, along with case work assignments for businesses we provide service for. My responsibility is to provide technical – more... support to Knology's commercial customers, internet and telephone, My main responsibility is to assist and troubleshoot all issues in regards to connectivity, email, email hosting, and web hosting. The work environment is as pleasant as you can expect, given a call center environment, My peers are very knowledgeable and are prepared to help if there is ever a need. Management is very accessible and very easy to work for. The hardest part of my job is the lack of growth and pay increases. What I enjoy most about my job is the friendly environment and the company's focus on created a family oriented atmosphere with events, games, and gatherings. – less

– October 16, 2012

What is the pay like for your department?

About KNOLOGY

Knology¬†keeps couch potatoes knowledgeable about their local TV listings.¬†The company provides voice, video, and data services – Read more