Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic, startup-oriented environment utilizing leading edge technologies?
Knotice (pronounced like "notice") is a leading provider of data management, actionable analytics, and digital messaging solutions with offices in Akron, Ohio and Seattle, Washington. Our on-demand marketing software and agency services help marketers maximize the ROI of their addressable digital marketing – digital communications that are addressable to an individual.
You will be working as a member of a small, fast-paced, agile team to build the next generation of Knotice solutions while still maintaining a great work/life balance.
As the IT Support Specialist, you will ensure the successful delivery of email sent through the Knotice platform. The IT Support Specialist monitors and analyzes ongoing email sends and supports the technology and infrastructure that powers these functions. The IT Support Specialist will also research and resolve delivery issues and will work closely with customer support and account staff to field delivery escalations and provide subject matter expertise. The IT Support Specialist will make recommendations for best practices on sender reputation and inbox deliverability, both internally and directly to clients. The IT Support Specialist will also investigate data and metrics as well as proactively identity any potential email deliverability concerns and work to provide optimal inbox placement for email sent through the Knotice platform.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of general email and related Internet technologies
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with both Mac and PC; mail server administration experience a plus
- External-facing DNS and Internet Protocol (IP) experience
- Familiarity with SMTP functionality
- Unix and command line tools
- SQL Management Studio
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to learn new programs and technology quickly
- Work well under pressure and deadlines
- Multitasking and prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal (in person and over telephone) communication
- Well organized
- Minimum of 1-3 plus years’ experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of various technologies environments
Highly Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of email authentication protocols, email marketing best practices, email abuse processing, ISP white listing and remediation, email accreditation and reputation services, and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Experience with a mail transfer agent (MTA) software
- Familiarity with spam scoring heuristics, filtering logic, bounce processing, email rendering, and email client software
- Experience with Return Path or similar message analysis and reputation tracking services
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university, preferably in IT
What's in it for you?
- Competitive base salary
- Casual dress code, atmosphere and office
- Relaxed, entrepreneurial environment
- Paid vacation, personal time, sick days, and holidays
- Health/dental/vision benefits
Indeed - 11 months ago