Knotice is looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our Client Success Development team as a Web Application Developer. Background in developing custom applications is preferred. A leader in direct digital marketing solutions, Knotice (pronounced “notice”) is based in Akron, Ohio, serving clients across the United States. We offer a fast-paced, friendly work environment with plenty of perks. To find out more about our growing, award-winning company, please visit http://www.knotice.com.
Knotice is seeking a Web Application Developer to work closely with the Client Success team to develop and maintain various online software applications. The experienced Web Application Developer will be responsible for creating and building advanced consumer-facing functionality to support client’s digital marketing initiatives. Ideal candidates will have that unique blend of strong technical skills and UI sensibility. In this role, you must be able to work with multiple projects with varying timeframes while working with a diverse group of teams (such as Production, Creative, Marketing, Engineering, QA and System Engineering). The Web Application Developer will also develop custom applications and modify existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements. Critical thinking, excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to success in this role.
- Advises and consults on areas of website development including best practices, browser compatibility and overall site usability/accessibility
- Works with Software Engineering to design and create advanced tools to support production, editorial, and design functionalities
- Assists with project planning, project definition, requirements definition, analysis, design, testing, and system documentation
- Works on areas that require improvement, identifies and implements solutions
- Takes ownership of some sections and products of clients website
- Troubleshoots and provides general support and maintenance to various sections and pages of clients website
- Identifies areas for site and product improvement, adding features and functionalities where appropriate
- Works with and extends the implementation of standard web protocols and procedures
Skills - Required
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- < 5 years related web development experience
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience working with a structure programming language
- Good understanding of benefits and constraints of current Internet technologies
- Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development
- Ability to lead in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills.
- A passion for developing great software
- Experience with CMS, portal, and email server software is a plus
- Strong relational database skills (familiarity with reporting, data warehouse techniques or BI experience)
Tools and Methodologies
- SQL Server 2012
- Visual Studio 2010/2012
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Knotice offers an excellent benefit package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, 401K, Health Saving Account(HSA), FSA/Dependent Care, and Flexible hours.
Indeed - 30+ days ago