Knott's Berry Farm Employee Reviews

good place to work
Park Services (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 8, 2016
Perfect place to start working for teens and learn how a job works. Only problems are management. team leaders are chill but 2 faced and supervisors are the biggest fakes there. starts at 10.00 an hour but then you work restrooms and you get a 45 cent raise. 10 cents raise and hoilday pay at 1.5 an hour at 1 year.
Pros
4 Corners cafe was really cheap co woker were chill
Cons
guest are annoying management hours
Good coworkers
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year, and still have co-worker reunions 3 years later. Your co-workers become a second family, and everyone is very loyal and willing to help you out. When I worked here, the shift leads were great but working under incompetent managers, they were often struggling as liasons between the frustrated employees and the managers without many solutions at their disposal. Managers were promoted based on whether they were friends with another manager within the park, so often times venues were ran ineffectively, leaving the employees disgruntled. Shops were often under-stocked without a pressing need to provide the necessary supplies, resulting in upset customers. Scheduling suffered constantly from being under-staffed, causing issues with late breaks and lunches on a constant basis.
Customers could be difficult, but a majority of them were lovely, and could make your day. There are a lot of people from other countries that visit, so it's always enjoyable to get to know a little bit about them. Knott's also puts on multiple events a year on its stages, so those always provide entertainment for employees to observe.
Pros
Discounts on purchases within the park
Cons
No benefits or healthcare, little opportunity for advancement, low pay
Knotts was a great opportunity
Carpenter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I real enjoyed working for Knotts Berry Farm. There is plenty of opportunities if you work hard and show initiative. the benefits were very affordable.
Pros
something different to tackle each day
Cons
pay was a little low
cashier at store
sales clerk, stocker,clean stores (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 31, 2015
They have good training and you build your improvement as you do more. You do a lot of other jobs too like stocking shelves, cleaning, greeting and assisting the customers. It's a fun job when you entering the work world. Most of the workers are helpful and teach you some tricks. I am glad to have had to learn new skills.
Pros
helpful workers
Cons
bad hours, not enough managers, no medical insurance benefits.
Love the old west this was the old west to me.
Ghost Town Opertations (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 22, 2015
When I went to work for Knott's I was 62. I had just left the mobile home industry and the real estate industry was in a recession so since I loved the old west I took a job at Knott's which was my dream job for many years. I made many friends there and will continue to keep in contact with many of them though out my life. Of the many things I have done since leaving military service in 1968 this was one of the high points of my working career. The other was the motion picture industry which I worked in for 15 years. I enjoyed everyday that I worked there because I was able to tell the guest the history of the old west which has always been of great interest to me. One of the high points at the Knott's was seeing the various acts that would come to the park during the summer months and the craft fair held during the Christmas Holidays.
Pros
Free admission to the park, 20% off park merchandise, Park parties.
Cons
No benefits for causual workers.
Family Feeling
Skilled in customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buena Park,CAOctober 20, 2015
It's a okay place to work if its your first job and you need some experience especially handling guest and their concerns. The overall environment has a family feel to it regarding the employees there. The benefits could be better and the pay, management is average but if I was to rate 1-10 I would give it a 7. Overall I did enjoy working there and the work place has taught me a lot and I am grateful If I ever needed to go back there to work I would consider it.
Pros
Free admission
Cons
low hours
Young group of workers and management, relaxed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 20, 2016
Great first job, as you learn to deal with customers, money, order taking, cleaning, and taking on shifts of all kinds. A typical day is set up by management, so one day you could be cleaning the restaurant half the day, or could be working the cash registers. You could be there bright and early opening and getting ready for customers, or mid day and clean up after everyone. The hardest part of the job was probably the fact that it was my first, I had to learn from scratch, and didn't know how job structure/management worked in the real world. The most enjoyable part of the job was that 99% of the co-workers I knew from my own high school, or were the same age or close to my age. Even management could be only a few years older than myself at the time.
Productive and enjoyable work place. Best job I ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 2, 2016
I loved this job and didn't want to leave ever. Everyone I worked with were always so happy and friendly. I made lots of friends here and that made working here even more exciting and enjoyable. The management teams were so thorough with telling you what needed to be done and how it needed to be done. My co-workers were so very helpful and amazing that they made work that much more entertaining. The hardest part of this job was having to leave because I live so far away. The most enjoyable part of this job was the tremendous variety of different jobs I did while I worked there and the Haunt was the absolute best working with all the monsters. I learned a lot of different people skills and different job within this business. Best job and longest job I ever had if I lived closer would go back to work.
Very demanding and long hours with very little time off and little chance for advancement.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 12, 2016
While it was fun to work at a theme park, the hours were very high as people were constantly leaving for other work. During the summer it was typical to work 70 hours in a week as a ride operator. While I did get paid overtime, the amount I was being paid was not enough to justify working 13 hours a day on your feet in the sun. Additionally, all a part-time position meant was they were paying you minimum wage without benefits. No matter what you basically had to work 6 days a week unless you had a very good reason (such as school, kids, etc) not to. If you were available on a day, they would schedule you to work.

It is a fun job other than that as a young adult. All the other workers tend to be 18-25 so you have plenty of people to talk to and hang out with.
Tough job
Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 17, 2016
I worked in Traffic for about a month now and I honestly can say that I like my job , but it's a super tough department to be in . Let's face it , you are in the sun all day with one hour break in total ( two 15 minutes breaks and one 30 minutes lunch ) standing sweating in uncomfortable clothes dealing with some really tough people ( guest ) . But this is where I like my job , as a college student , it's close to school , hours are great ( about 25+ 35- ) management is very understanding , strait forward , and helpful , for lunch there is an employee cafe called Four CornerStones and food and drinks on the menu are all under 5 ( great good ) but last but not least , the guests that understands you , listens , and want your help in a sincere way . My advice if you are looking for a job in Knotts Traffic Department is to keep a positive attitude , it's an amusement park so expect weird long hours and minimum wage , co workers are the best and you will have a great time if you make the best of it .
Pros
The Awesome Guest, Managment Team, Co Workers, Cheep Lunch, Good Hours, Flexible Schedule, Free Tickets, Free Entree to Park
Cons
All The Bad Guests, Very Warm Working Environment, Always On Your Feet, Uncomfortable And Ugly Uniforms, Bad Sun Tans amd Sun Burns
Fun place to work, meeting new people & providing good service
CASHIER HOST/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 23, 2016
Friendly management. I enjoy our helpful, friendly & hardworking co-workers. As a cashier I have repetitive transactions which I like. Enjoyable part of doing my job is the satisfaction I have done a good job until I make a mistake then the hardest part is calling the supervisor to correct my error.
Pros
We choose our hours and days to work according to our availability
Cons
If their budget doesn't allow it, one can't work full time
Very nice Amusement Park with a Water Park
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 26, 2015
As a Sales Specialists, I worked with large groups, 50+ that were mainly youth groups, and non-profit groups. I responded to E-mails and phone calls from guests & prospects. I coordinated Physics Fun Day, Spring / Summer / Winter youth days. It was fun to meet a lot of new people, some regular guests that come every year.
Pros
Many benefits, like enjoying the park for free & the Ice Skating shows.. A lot of good places to eat.
Cons
Most everyone in the sales dept & many other depts got laid off. They're favoring part-time workers.
Very activate!
Knott's Haunt Talent Actor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I worked there as a creature in the costume and to scare the guests when they walk into the theme park. It is a totally fun place to work to see the guests got scared by the creatures and characters of its each maze. What I have learned about the position and the surrounding my job is to have good time and be yourself and let it released and enjoy the nights by scaring the guests and same time to be aware of the safety around you. The management of my maze dept I have worked with was very amazed and coordinated very well with me and other co-workers because we are working all together to make customers feel satisfied their night to be worth it. The hardest part is to cope the sweat and standing for hours under the creature costumes per shift.
Pros
fun, discount merchandises, great teamwork, safety surrounding
Cons
cafe is far to walk, first aid is far to walk, short break.
Horrific. If you are salary, you are property
Management (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 25, 2016
Just, skip this place. Its cool to visit, if you dont mind over paying like 400%. But do not work here. The GM and upper management are in it for themselves and only themselves. Skillsets are used up until you cant stand even being at the place, then they toss you aside. I watched it happen 6 times.
Pros
You eventually get to go home. Direct Deposit.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun workplace
Food & beverage Guest service associate (Current Employee) –  CantinaAugust 17, 2015
Food and beverage department within knott's can be a very fun and busy place to work in. Its a perfect job for teens as you can gain lots of experience for future jobs as well. A good amount of benefits come with the job. Hours are very decent. Getting any level of status over being a seasonal is very hard.
Pros
Coworkers and awesome supervisors
Cons
getting time off can be very hard during holidays
Loved working here
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 8, 2016
I worked here for a year or so. I loved it. Everything I know about retail, I learned here. Co-workers were very kind and have made long life friendships. Scheduling is very flexible, which worked out great for me. If I have the opportunity to return I would in a heartbeat.
Pros
Easy advancement, training is great, flexible schedule
Cons
Minimum wage
Very Easy
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 9, 2016
Somewhat flexible
Great mangement!
Not very modern compared to soak city.
Hard to stay busy when the park is not very busy.
I LOVE THE COWORKERS!
Alot of personality
Best seasons to work Summer ,and Halloween Haunt.
Pros
Free pass, Free tickets, Coworkers, Cheaper decent food, and discounts
Cons
UNIFORMS!, Remember to take breaks, Awkward hours, Popcorn stand, Slow days, Busy days, working at Ghost Town Grub
Productive and high paste entertaining place
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 28, 2016
Working at Knott's Berry Farm has opened my eyes and increased my people skills. A typical day is going in and opening rides. Cleaning up everything left behind from the previous day. Guiding guest on and off rides in a calm and organized manner.
Pros
I can get in free
Cons
inconveniently located break rooms
Hard working and fast paced environment
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 27, 2016
Knott's is a great place to get your first job and show you what hard work means and definitely shows you how you need to converse with guests and how you can handle bad situations. My coworkers are the best and I loved being able to say that I work for an Amusement park that makes people happy.
Knott's Scary Farm is a fun community to work with
Line Control (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 22, 2016
The Knott's Scary Farm experience is fast-pased with many moving parts. Often times it's required to fill the shoes of someone else or move somewhat out of the scope of your original position. It's great for getting used to working with others for anyone new to the work scene.Personally the hardest part of the job was having to answer the same question over 100 times a day. While the most rewarding part is knowing I helped put on a good show.
Pros
spooky atmosphere, positive co-workers
Cons
very hectic, demanding workplace