Knowledge Learning Corporation Employee Reviews

The people were nice
Technical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 23, 2017
It was like a family and I enjoyed teaching center directors. They were nice and easy to work with. My immediate manager was not great and I felt I never connected with her.
great place to work
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 14, 2017
I worked here a very long time ago and I know all the workers have changed. It has by far been my favorite job. I started at 18 and learned about kids, growth and development.
It was a fun place to work, the children were what made me go to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this company. Majority of the staff were nice and professional and also helpful. I enjoyed working at this place. This company was flexible and worked with their employees esp. if they were in school. Having worked with the children at this facility and their parents was nothing but fun and a positive experience.
Pros
was able to work at other sites through-out San Diego
You do it for the kids
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 23, 2017
I had an awesome manager at KinderCare which made my departure very difficult. The pay is not very competitive but it is OK compared to what other daycare facilities have to offer.
More of a day care then a development center for children
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 12, 2017
I found it to be behind in current theories of child development and the staff was not compensated very well. They had very little training and they were more interested in packing the centers with children then in there development.
Pros
you have weekends and holidays off
Cons
I is a babysitting center not a child development center
Fun place to work
Assistant Director/ Director (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 1, 2016
KinderCare Learning Centers is an excellent place to start when considering a career in childhood education. It's corporate ladder affords opportunities that centers in the private sector cannot offer. The most challenging part of the managerial careers within the company are meeting all of the administrative demands while balancing the demands of a busy center. The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to meet new people and connect with families through their children.
Pros
Meeting new families. Impacting the lives of children through education.
Cons
Low compensation rates. Unrealistic demands with minimal support from upper management.
Favoritism
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 8, 2016
Favoritism shown by management. horrible working hours. Staff comes and goes when please. Children are not treated properly.
Overall review
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 2, 2016
Once you are in management, the treatment is better—both in terms of job security and culture, and compensation. At the lower levels though, teachers are rarely treated with the respect they deserve
Corporate day care with good teachers
Administrative Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  various towns, MAFebruary 11, 2016
open/close center
maintain children/staff files
hire employees
payroll
teach in various age classrooms
staff meeting/training
curriculum development
parent/teacher conferences and communication
Pros
Depending on center there are some wonderful teachers that care about the children
Cons
Corporate/management only care about $$$ not their employees
fun and safe work place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 2, 2015
Safe and secured work environment. Very good entry level opportunity for a college student. Growth and maturity is sure to be gained.
Pros
free lunch, help children further and prepare for higher education
Cons
health care
A work environment with an adequate break room space.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
It is an early child development school environment with scheduled activity slots through the day. I have learned compassion and patience as well as the ability to mold my teaching methods to the individual families needs. The management is adequate. The work team is small and sometimes that presents challenges when one or more is missing due to illness. The hardest part of the job is not having enough and sufficient benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help children and their families reach their educational and developmental goals.
Working for Company was a great experience
Executive Assistant to CFO, VP of Finance (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 16, 2015
I would still be working there is they didn't have an internal change in personnel. The individuals that I worked with and for were very positive and cooperative. Team players all. Working with the CFO was great experience and I learned so much more regarding Excel spreadsheets.
Was sad to leave.
Pros
Healthy and happy environment
Cons
That I had to leave.
Very productive and fun staff to work with in classrooms
Extended Day Site Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2015
As a preschool teacher, I was teamed with another teacher for the 4 and 5 year olds initially . We were a new school and the person hired to provide healthy snacks and serve lunch to the children did a no show. I helped out and decided that I would take that position permanently.

I learned healthy things for the children, provided breakfast and an afternoon snack. I served lunch to each classroom that was delivered fresh daily.

The hardest part was ensuring lunch was served on time daily which meant prep-time was critical to making that happen.

the most enjoyable for me was seeing the children waiting for me and greeting me every morning as well as enjoying the meals or snacks.
Pros
very plessant work enviornment
Cons
traffic and distance to work
Really fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 9, 2015
This job is a before and after school program and summer school program. I found this environment to be very fun with creating fun lessons and activities. Summer camp provided freedom of planning outdoor activities that brought smiles and happiness for both students and teachers.
Pros
So much fun planning and playing with students!
Cons
Not many work hours available.
teaching skills
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 2, 2015
Taught classes of 14-15 children. learned how to teach them to be independent and basic skills. I program a schedule every Monday for the hole week. nice people, very respectful. Put them on bed, play with children and learned some different every day.
Pros
to know children and parents, love every one, help them and see how they grow up
Cons
healthcare
Indifferent on wanting to be there
Manager (Former Employee) –  ohioJune 8, 2015
Worked for 9 years with the company. Had a variety of roles. As one moves up in the company there becomes a big difference in what upper management expects and what is doable. Ability to work from home, great child care benefits. I enjoyed my time for the most part in working for the company
Pros
child care benefits, working from home
Cons
healthcare, pay
Best in Class
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTMay 9, 2015
Knowledge Learning Corporation was a wonderful company to work for. This opportunity provided me the ability to use my educational background and experience in a Pre-K Teaching position.
Great Organization
School Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 4, 2015
This was a great place to work. I also had my children enrolled at the center. I enjoyed the experience. Fun and upbeat. Opportunities for advancement.
Great Experience
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 13, 2015
Working at Knowledge Learning in a department of 30 plus people was a wonderful experience. Learned a great deal of managing contracts along with cost savings and working with over 100 centers nationwide.
childcare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  la mesa, caApril 9, 2015
my first childcare job i loved it here. I only left because i was moving out of state. Very family oriented and children were always put first. Teachers worked together and helped each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge Learning Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Knowledge Learning Corporation Reviews by Location