Knowledge Services Employee Reviews

Unfair and bias employer
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 22, 2016
This company is terrible to work for. They are very bigoted and discriminates. They fire you without cause. I know colleagues of several backgrounds that got fired by them without any explanation. They hire you and you never meet any of the parties that work for the company. They are unfair group of people yo deal with.
Only good thing about this place is that they pay you in a timely manner

Would not recommend this place unless it is as supplemental
Pros
Pay timely
Cons
Managemernt is dishonest, lousy, bigoted and unfair.
great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INJanuary 25, 2017
This was a wonderful agency to work for. I would never have left buy I thought I had found a new career. it did not work out for me I may one day go back to knowledge services
I was a temp for three years.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
The job culture was so bad between temps and regular employees. Everyone hated our department and would only visit if they had to. We had security guards that were so overworked by the fighting. A supervisor for Knowledge Services advised me to quit the assignment and said they had more positions. She told me to call their rep. I did that and she told me they did NOT have anymore positions. So you can understand how mad I was. I was out of a job.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Coworkers.
Terrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 22, 2016
No training and they expect you to sink or swim. Moves one around too much on jobs and lie about what they are really paying you. Employees loose money due to wear and tear on thier cars due to never the same location or project.
Pros
Paid weekliy
Cons
Never Same location, too much wear and tear on car
Productive, enjoyed helping client receive health coverage
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2017
A typical work day for this employer was completing 4-5 interviews a day. Completing an interview could consist of completing it by phone or face-to-face.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
The Health Coverage wasnt great
Yuck
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2017
Not worth your time! I wouldn't refer my worst enemy here! They are rude and only about themselves do not jeapordize yourself for this worthless company
This job didn't have any "perks" it was through a temp service
Date Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2016
A typical day involved pulling boxes from the file room and going through each file, getting certain information out that was needed to put into the computer system. I never met anyone from the temp service, but enjoyed meeting the people at the office I was working in. I learned in this job that some companies keep too many years worth of old files that should have been gone through way before I arrived, but it was a job for me and lasted a little over a year which was good!
GREAT work evironment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
worked for the state of Indiana through them, from my home. Loved my job. Loved my supervisor Jodi and Simon. Great communication. Always had work for me to do. As long as your always willing to help out they had stuff for you to do.
Work hard and....Eat!
Administrative Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2015
I am paired with a government agency who apparently has several cooks. Birthdays and holidays are wonderful!

Now the work side...
I have a great boss who is very fair and always willing to give professional advice. Coworkers are great.

Knowledge Services is a great company to work for although they do take a nice chunk out every week. It's rather ridiculous. Anyway, I would strongly recommend this company for those who are in between jobs ( like myself).

Corporate office is very helpful whenever I have any login problems (once or twice) or any contract issues.
Pros
Great resume builder, great customer service
Cons
moderate salary
Don't get comfortable
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  Delaware County DFRJanuary 29, 2015
Your hired through an agency which you never meet you point of contact, which in turn makes things confusing. There's a lot of fend for yourself type attitude. Horrible insurance packet, takes 3 months to build up 16 hrs of pto, & the training is terrible.
Pros: it's a humbling experience considering the clientele.
Cons: horrible benefits, horrible pto accumulatation, mistreatment is common amongst employees & clients, and you only get paid for 6 holidays but you involuntarily have to take off 6 unpaid holidays.
Pros
you could get away with murder bc management has no clue what anyone's doing.
Cons
Poor management, Poor PTO, Poor benefits, & dead end job.

Want to know more about Knowledge Services?

Ask a question
caring
Data entry operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
very helpful they really care about the employees and the placement that they send you on amazing place to work for they go over and beyond
Not too knowledgeable...
EA (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 14, 2016
They basically have no idea what an EA does on a daily basis or how badly we are treated by consumers and state employees. Pay is minimal, at best. At the end of the year they informed us that we had to wear a "uniform" of black pants and a white shirt, starting the first of the year. Not one of us makes enough to go buy a whole new wardrobe, so sadly, we wear the same clothes everyday (unfortunately, we are paid so little that we don't all have laundry available at home). Clients make comments about the snooty appearance we give off despite the fact that we don't agree either.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Pay, uniforms, poor communication
Very good
Program Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
Fun work environment, with a great management team. Great CEO and work life balance,l I would recommend this company to any one that is interested.
Temp Agency that offers medical benefits
Contract Data Entry (Current Employee) –  2 N. Meridian St IN State Dept of HealthApril 15, 2013
Overall, Knowledge Services is a great place to work. The only complaint I have with them is that there is no sick time, no holiday pay, and no vacation time. You will also never get a raise as long as your contract does not change.
Pros
heath insurance, wide range of jobs to choose from, good pay
Cons
no sick time, no vacation time, no holiday pay, no raises, no advancement, must work for them for a year before the company they contract for may hire you
its a temporary agency
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 12, 2016
its a temp agency that hires for local medicaid and food stamp offices. overall a decent place to work, only thing is your assignment can end at anytime
Interesting experience
Eligibility Assistant-Front desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester InAugust 5, 2015
You never know what kind of day you will have...over all most of the clients are polite and kind but then there are times where you are putting out "fires" I like this as it keeps things interesting and I love the challenge
Pros
flexiability
Cons
not many benefits
Eligibility Assistant - Northeast Indiana
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, InOctober 20, 2013
Horrible Benefits, Horrible pay, Horrible PTO, Horrible company organization..... The recruit that recruited me went over so many "perks" to this position with Knowledge Services, that when I came on board and accepted the job offer, the so called "perks" weren't there any longer!!!! Do your research if wanting to become part of this "temp service" or whatever it is called. I hated my previous job, but it wasn't worth leaving to come here!
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Just about Everything...
The ES position can be challenging as you navigate your way around ICES with no training, deal with constant changes in office rules and regulations
EA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaJanuary 31, 2015
Knowledge Services does a decent job of keeping in contact with their employees and making themselves available for questions. Your primary contact with them is for questions/problems with pay or PTO. Once in the EA position, expect little to no training by management at the FSSA. Expect to be able to handle oftentimes emotional people (clients and coworkers alike) in a fast paced environment. Expect a lot of turnover and make friends with more seasoned co-workers so they can help you do your job, because there is absolutely no formal training. You learn as you go, so you have to be independent. The pay is not enough for what you're expected to learn and do and deal with- hence the high turnover in this position. Not good benefits either, the health insurance offered is sub par. Also, the state employess get paid days off and you do not. So not only are you under paid but lack hours. What makes it worth it are the clients who are truly appreciative when you help them through something they don't fully understand, but ironically, taking 'time' with clients is not encouraged, which oftentimes causes them a lapse in benefits and returning several times to rectify their cases or reapply, which is also not productive.
Pros
KSI staff is professional and available and coworkers are fantastic and helpful
Cons
Some FSSA management is detached, lack professionalism with expectation standards that differ from person to person.
Training was not enough.
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INNovember 17, 2015
Pay was minimal. Training was not helpful. The office environment that I was at was poor. People that are hired to help others should not be talking bad about their clients behind their backs or in front of other clients. Attitudes from the current employees are awful. The whole "better than them" attitude does not work in an office that is supposed to help others.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Low pay, bad attitudes
Average
UR UR (Former Employee) –  Advantage Health SolutionsSeptember 9, 2013
It was easy to get hired on. It is a churn 'em and burn 'em kinda place. Typical temp agency.
Pros
Some benefits. Never saw the Management.
Cons
No PTO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9