Knowledge Services Employee Reviews in United States

This job didn't have any "perks" it was through a temp service
Date Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2016
A typical day involved pulling boxes from the file room and going through each file, getting certain information out that was needed to put into the computer system. I never met anyone from the temp service, but enjoyed meeting the people at the office I was working in. I learned in this job that some companies keep too many years worth of old files that should have been gone through way before I arrived, but it was a job for me and lasted a little over a year which was good!
I was a temp for three years.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
The job culture was so bad between temps and regular employees. Everyone hated our department and would only visit if they had to. We had security guards that were so overworked by the fighting. A supervisor for Knowledge Services advised me to quit the assignment and said they had more positions. She told me to call their rep. I did that and she told me they did NOT have anymore positions. So you can understand how mad I was. I was out of a job.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Coworkers.
Not too knowledgeable...
EA (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 14, 2016
They basically have no idea what an EA does on a daily basis or how badly we are treated by consumers and state employees. Pay is minimal, at best. At the end of the year they informed us that we had to wear a "uniform" of black pants and a white shirt, starting the first of the year. Not one of us makes enough to go buy a whole new wardrobe, so sadly, we wear the same clothes everyday (unfortunately, we are paid so little that we don't all have laundry available at home). Clients make comments about the snooty appearance we give off despite the fact that we don't agree either.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Pay, uniforms, poor communication
Work hard and....Eat!
Administrative Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2015
I am paired with a government agency who apparently has several cooks. Birthdays and holidays are wonderful!

Now the work side...
I have a great boss who is very fair and always willing to give professional advice. Coworkers are great.

Knowledge Services is a great company to work for although they do take a nice chunk out every week. It's rather ridiculous. Anyway, I would strongly recommend this company for those who are in between jobs ( like myself).

Corporate office is very helpful whenever I have any login problems (once or twice) or any contract issues.
Pros
Great resume builder, great customer service
Cons
moderate salary
Training was not enough.
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INNovember 17, 2015
Pay was minimal. Training was not helpful. The office environment that I was at was poor. People that are hired to help others should not be talking bad about their clients behind their backs or in front of other clients. Attitudes from the current employees are awful. The whole "better than them" attitude does not work in an office that is supposed to help others.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Low pay, bad attitudes
caring
Data entry operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
very helpful they really care about the employees and the placement that they send you on amazing place to work for they go over and beyond
same as with the state
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 4, 2016
same job different vendor. working with knowledge services there was nothing different about the job. Only difference was the pay
Pros
same
Cons
same
Interesting experience
Eligibility Assistant-Front desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester InAugust 5, 2015
You never know what kind of day you will have...over all most of the clients are polite and kind but then there are times where you are putting out "fires" I like this as it keeps things interesting and I love the challenge
Pros
flexiability
Cons
not many benefits
Very good
Program Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
Fun work environment, with a great management team. Great CEO and work life balance,l I would recommend this company to any one that is interested.
Don't get comfortable
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  Delaware County DFRJanuary 29, 2015
Your hired through an agency which you never meet you point of contact, which in turn makes things confusing. There's a lot of fend for yourself type attitude. Horrible insurance packet, takes 3 months to build up 16 hrs of pto, & the training is terrible.
Pros: it's a humbling experience considering the clientele.
Cons: horrible benefits, horrible pto accumulatation, mistreatment is common amongst employees & clients, and you only get paid for 6 holidays but you involuntarily have to take off 6 unpaid holidays.
Pros
you could get away with murder bc management has no clue what anyone's doing.
Cons
poor management, poor pto, poor benefits, & dead end job.
Fun work place
Employee Relations Coordinator - Delivery Team (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed working for Knowledge Services. It was a fun work environment. What I will miss most from there is my co-workers. We all worked well as a team.
Knowledge Services is a State contractor in an effort to eliminate State jobs due to State budget and privatization
State Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, INDecember 10, 2014
I worked for 2 State contractors after privatization of the welfare system in Indiana. There are now approximately 21 sub and contractors with the State. I enjoyed my employment with Knowledge Services (who was at one time Manpower contracted)
Pros
7.5 hours weekdays and bi-annual bonus incentives
Cons
no health benefits
loved the fast pace
Mail handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace of opening the mail and sorting it, plus would get bonus for our speed. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no healthcare
Fast paced, business oriented company with a great culture!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2014
“Knowledge Services is more than a workplace; it’s a family. As we continually grow and change with robust energy, it’s our goal to maintain a close-knit, warm environment often associated with smaller companies. Whether located at corporate or remote offices, employees are encouraged to share ideas, insight and perspective to contribute to the company’s success, all the while fostering friendships that extend beyond our office walls. Ultimately, we believe that happy clients stem from happy employees. By internally sharing core values of honesty, unity, drive and respect, we are able to reflect our common principles in our daily interactions with clients, vendors and customers alike.”
Good job.
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Cool job with the DOR. It was fun competitive and easy. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the knowledge and wisdom of my co-workers.
Pros
off state holidays
Cons
temporary job
Good temporary service that listens to it's temporary workers.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2014
Worked as a data entry operator. Some days our recruiter would come out to give us instructions on how to work better. My co-workers were from all walks of life-some adjusted to the open work space. Staying at the top of the production level is hard. Your hours depended on how much work was available.
Pros
being in your car on your 30 minute lunch.
Cons
very strict rules.
Sometimes a good place to work, but most of the time not a good place to work
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne INNovember 9, 2013
Pto stinks,
Have to accumulate pto time
it make take you up to a year to accumulate 40 hours of pto time,\

they don't pay you for the holiday this is where your pto accumulation comes in

, also should be paid more than 10.00 an hour to deal with ignorant people who done care about you and will cuss you out in a minute.
Pros
staff gets back with you in a timely manner.
Cons
we should have better medical benefits
Eligibility Assistant - Northeast Indiana
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, InOctober 20, 2013
Horrible Benefits, Horrible pay, Horrible PTO, Horrible company organization..... The recruit that recruited me went over so many "perks" to this position with Knowledge Services, that when I came on board and accepted the job offer, the so called "perks" weren't there any longer!!!! Do your research if wanting to become part of this "temp service" or whatever it is called. I hated my previous job, but it wasn't worth leaving to come here!
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
just about everything...
Very busy workplace with many great co-workers
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work each day with my wonderful co-workers. We all helped each other all day long. I was a little more trained in some areas and was able to assist many of my co-workers and had fun doing it. The hardest part of the job was not making clients happy, they may have not qualified for a particular program.
Pros
helping people, working as a team, special projects
Cons
not much vacation time, clients too close to desks
Extremely fast paced
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2013
This job was a Corporate public assistance office was extremely busy and we had to try to work at a fast pace. The best part of the job was all of my co-workers and the camaraderie we had together.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and them really appreciating it. The hardest part of the job was when someone did not qualify for assistance and really needed it. My Supervisor was such a great lady, I really enjoyed working with her.
Pros
co-workers, overtime if needed
Cons
expensive healthcare, no sick days, not enough pto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7