Knowledge Services

Knowledge Services Employee Reviews

loved the fast pace
Mail handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: no healthcare
I enjoyed the fast pace of opening the mail and sorting it, plus would get bonus for our speed. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good job.
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: off state holidays
Cons: temporary job
Cool job with the DOR. It was fun competitive and easy. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the knowledge and wisdom of my co-workers.
Very satisfied
Eligibility Associate (Current Employee), North Vernon, INMarch 3, 2015
I am very satisfied with knowledge services. Although it is a sub-contracting company, My inital contact person was always fast to get back to me and was always there when needed.

I highly recomend this company.
The ES position can be challenging as you navigate your way around ICES with no training, deal with constant changes in office rules and regulations
EA (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: ksi staff is professional and available and coworkers are fantastic and helpful
Cons: some fssa management is detached, lack professionalism with expectation standards that differ from person to person.
Knowledge Services does a decent job of keeping in contact with their employees and making themselves available for questions. Your primary contact with them is for questions/problems with pay or PTO. Once in the EA position, expect little to no training by management at the FSSA. Expect to be able to handle oftentimes emotional people (clients and coworkers alike) in a fast paced environment. Expect a lot of turnover and make friends with more seasoned co-workers so they can help you do your job, because there is absolutely no formal training. You learn as you go, so you have to be independent. The pay is not enough for what you're expected to learn and do and deal with- hence the high turnover in this position. Not good benefits either, the health insurance offered is sub par. Also, the state employess get paid days off and you do not. So not only are you under paid but lack hours. What makes it worth it are the clients who are truly appreciative when you help them through something they don't fully understand, but ironically, taking 'time' with clients is not encouraged, which oftentimes causes them a lapse in benefits and returning several times to rectify their cases or reapply, which is also not productive.
Don't get comfortable
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee), Delaware County DFRJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: you could get away with murder bc management has no clue what anyone's doing.
Cons: poor management, poor pto, poor benefits, & dead end job.
Your hired through an agency which you never meet you point of contact, which in turn makes things confusing. There's a lot of fend for yourself type attitude. Horrible insurance packet, takes 3 months to build up 16 hrs of pto, & the training is terrible.
Pros: it's a humbling experience considering the clientele.
Cons: horrible benefits, horrible pto accumulatation, mistreatment is common amongst employees & clients, and you only get paid for 6 holidays but you involuntarily have to take off 6 unpaid holidays.
Knowledge Services is a State contractor in an effort to eliminate State jobs due to State budget and privatization
State Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee), Sullivan, INDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 7.5 hours weekdays and bi-annual bonus incentives
Cons: no health benefits
I worked for 2 State contractors after privatization of the welfare system in Indiana. There are now approximately 21 sub and contractors with the State. I enjoyed my employment with Knowledge Services (who was at one time Manpower contracted)
Fast paced, business oriented company with a great culture!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2014
“Knowledge Services is more than a workplace; it’s a family. As we continually grow and change with robust energy, it’s our goal to maintain a close-knit, warm environment often associated with smaller companies. Whether located at corporate or remote offices, employees are encouraged to share ideas, insight and perspective to contribute to the company’s success, all the while fostering friendships that extend beyond our office walls. Ultimately, we believe that happy clients stem from happy employees. By internally sharing core values of honesty, unity, drive and respect, we are able to reflect our common principles in our daily interactions with clients, vendors and customers alike.”
Good temporary service that listens to it's temporary workers.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2014
Pros: being in your car on your 30 minute lunch.
Cons: very strict rules.
Worked as a data entry operator. Some days our recruiter would come out to give us instructions on how to work better. My co-workers were from all walks of life-some adjusted to the open work space. Staying at the top of the production level is hard. Your hours depended on how much work was available.
Great opportunity to work with the elderly
Interviewer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2014
This job gave an insight into what the employees and residents go through on a daily basis. There was always positives and negatives with each nursing home. I normally would work on my own but could always call my supervisor at Knowledge Services if I needed any help or had any questions.
Blue Cross company very poorly managed
INTERNAL CONSULTANT III - Information Technology (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2014
Prior year estimates for business were in error making current year start at a substantial loss. My position (and 50 others) was eliminated after 5 months.
Great starter job.
o Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2013
Pros: they gave me a great opportunity when i had no experience.
Cons: no paid holidays, vacations, or insurance.
I love my assignment and I am thankful that they gave me the opportunity to prove myself!
Sometimes a good place to work, but most of the time not a good place to work
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Wayne INNovember 9, 2013
Pros: staff gets back with you in a timely manner.
Cons: we should have better medical benefits
Pto stinks,
Have to accumulate pto time
it make take you up to a year to accumulate 40 hours of pto time,\

they don't pay you for the holiday this is where your pto accumulation comes in

, also should be paid more than 10.00 an hour to deal with ignorant people who done care about you and will cuss you out in a minute.
Eligibility Assistant - Northeast Indiana
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, InOctober 20, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: just about everything...
Horrible Benefits, Horrible pay, Horrible PTO, Horrible company organization..... The recruit that recruited me went over so many "perks" to this position with Knowledge Services, that when I came on board and accepted the job offer, the so called "perks" weren't there any longer!!!! Do your research if wanting to become part of this "temp service" or whatever it is called. I hated my previous job, but it wasn't worth leaving to come here!
Average
UR UR (Former Employee), Advantage Health SolutionsSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: some benefits. never saw the management.
Cons: no pto.
It was easy to get hired on. It is a churn 'em and burn 'em kinda place. Typical temp agency.
Very busy workplace with many great co-workers
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2013
Pros: helping people, working as a team, special projects
Cons: not much vacation time, clients too close to desks
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work each day with my wonderful co-workers. We all helped each other all day long. I was a little more trained in some areas and was able to assist many of my co-workers and had fun doing it. The hardest part of the job was not making clients happy, they may have not qualified for a particular program.
Knowledge Services
Geriatric Interviewer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2013
This is the most amazing company....
This company and the management are great. I have learned so much from this company and I'm looking forward to finding another company like this that cares about their employees like them.
Help clients
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at work would be, helping client turn in their documents and getting them to their case worker to be processed. Sometimes you would get an angry client who didn't receive their food stamps for that month and you would try and find out why. Most of the time it would be because they didn't turn in a required document.
Temp Agency that offers medical benefits
Contract Data Entry (Current Employee), 2 N. Meridian St IN State Dept of HealthApril 15, 2013
Pros: heath insurance, wide range of jobs to choose from, good pay
Cons: no sick time, no vacation time, no holiday pay, no raises, no advancement, must work for them for a year before the company they contract for may hire you
Overall, Knowledge Services is a great place to work. The only complaint I have with them is that there is no sick time, no holiday pay, and no vacation time. You will also never get a raise as long as your contract does not change.
Extremely fast paced
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers, overtime if needed
Cons: expensive healthcare, no sick days, not enough pto
This job was a Corporate public assistance office was extremely busy and we had to try to work at a fast pace. The best part of the job was all of my co-workers and the camaraderie we had together.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and them really appreciating it. The hardest part of the job was when someone did not qualify for assistance and really needed it. My Supervisor was such a great lady, I really enjoyed working with her.
would continue to work for them as long as possible
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2012
knowledge services is a great company to work for. they are fair and resolve any problems that you may have with your assignment

About Knowledge Services

Knowledge Services is committed to assisting our clients by providing top technical professionals through our knowledge of the – Read more

Knowledge Services Salaries