Knowledge Universe Employee Reviews

School setting
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Enjoyed the energy of the staff and children, positive environment, allowed me to grow in my knowledge of physical education, and added to my desire to work with children
No work life balance
Early Childhood Curriculum and Programming Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 26, 2016
Turn around was extensive causing current staff to have no work life balance.

There's is little to no support from upper management. Once advised to HR there is no follow through.
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
No work life balance
Paid the Bills
Site Educator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2016
Ever changing, nice start off pay, great job if in school, varied hours, great experience and memories room for promotion
Sad
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2016
Of all the reviews I have read ....
Major changes need to be done
From management down to assistants
Favoritism to much !!!!
Cons
Forget about having a life...
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
Poor management and if you're not part of the in crowd, you're screwed!!! Back stabbing, liars, cheaters and in no way do these people have a soul...not sure how they sleep at night. Unfortunately, this is all management too!!! Don't do it, especially in the Jacksonville market...rethink working for KinderCare. The pay is awful, the CDs are awful, the DMs are worse and Corporate claims to care but they don't. The best interest is not in the children, it's in the bottom line and FTEs!!!
Pros
Benefit package but you pay for it!
Cons
Everything else!!!
Freedom to implement talents
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suffern nyAugust 13, 2016
Although my 6 years with company brought joy and was rewarding .. No place for advancement monetary or professionally .. I am in this business for the children only and felt management was a corporation and treated it as such.
Pros
Local..
Don't waste your time.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
Don't waste your time .... The company as a whole doesn't care about you . The managers will stab you in the back to save their own life, and it just keeps getting worse with upper management ! They leave you in classrooms with no bathroom breaks, as the managers are having lunch parties in their office . Sick kids aren't sent home, so then you get sick, but , YOU will be penalized for calling in. They say they have policies and procedures but it really depends on how management feels! Some staff have left children unattended and don't get fired, but some staff will be let go because of disagreements with managers. Not a company name you want on your resume. If you have a degree in ECE , please find a private center or work in the public schools. This company will leave a bad taste in your mouth about daycares , and not all of them are like this !!
I love it
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Andover, MNAugust 3, 2016
Its a great place to be yourself and teach to the best of your ability. I love what I do and would love to move up and learb and try new experiances.
I used to loved work there.
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2016
IF I can moved back the time , I never leave the way I did. I quit because they offer me a better $$. But was a mistake because they paid me mode but never gave a raise, no benefits. Ending quiting the other place closed 3yrs. I really appreciate my time at kindercare, I did my CDA with them and great benefits and fu..
Pros
Benefits, growing opportunity
Cons
Sometimes long breaks
Be very wary
VP or below (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2016
Overall outlook for this company is very poor.

Executives micro-manage their VP's and below.

Benefits and pay are below average.

Some departments work 6-7 days a week.

The company dictates when you will use 1 week of vacation per year.

The company contributes less and less to healthcare benefits every year. Driving up employee costs. For a family it is currently less expensive to use Healthcare.gov than to use KU healthcare plan.

Annual pay increases are below state average.

Company will not negotiate Release of Claims, making it impossible to obtain severance.
Pros
Had the pleasure of working with very smart professional people.
Cons
The very smart professional people leave.
terrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  columbus, ohioJune 19, 2016
management shows differences in employees work load is too much for the awful pay and the assistant director is very mean to the workers who are not friends of theirs
Pros
Cons
everything
productive,discipline,Creative, Etc.
Cognos Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2016
I'm productive who like to give best performance at work, maintain good work ethic. I also like to take lead position if I have opportunity to complete the assignment in timely manner.
great place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 12, 2016
This is a great place to work. It is not only that, you are giving the kids, it is also about to gain something for yourself. I recommend my friends and family to work here.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I don't see any cons
Previous employee
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 7, 2016
management does not care about you or the children. Denied bathroom breaks, multiple time there was supervision issues and they were never reported. Management would lie to parents and keep the office door shut so they did not have to talk to the parents during drop off or pick up. If us as teachers had an issue we would try to call the office and the assistant director would just sit there and not even answer the phone no matter how many times you called. also I would start my day at 6:30 and be required to go on break at only 9 and have have to work until 6 sometimes after.
Pros
The kids and families
Cons
lunch breaks, Bathroom breaks, management, lack of care
New things daily
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNJune 3, 2016
A typical work day has just about the same routine including;
Meals, playtime, outside time, group time, and projects.
Management can at times be all over the place where I am located.
Compensation in my opinion is a rough subject. I think that at this job, many of us put our heart and soul into the company with very low compensation and awful benefits. It takes 15+ years to finally get the benefits that these people deserve.
The co-workers are fun people who are level headed and know what to do.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the harder children sometimes, and also the compensation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is also the children and the fun things we do every day.
Pros
Free lunch, 1 hour long breaks, fun co-workers
Cons
Compensation, Benefits, managment
Chaotic
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 2, 2016
Overall there is nice teachers but the parents and their children are rude and disrespectful! Directors side with the parents on everything. There's not enough communication going on when information needs to get passed down.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough pay for the amount of work
Entertaining work environment
Never a dull day
Sense of freedom
Early mornings
Late evenings
Cons
Split shifts/evenings
Good for entry level positions
Site Director/Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2016
I rose through the system from a teacher to site director and gained a lot of experience. This is a good place for those entering into the field, but for long term employees the perks do not outweigh the downfalls. Pay and time management are difficult. High expectations but wages not high enough to survive in the valley. Working with children and families is great, but can have its moments. Too much focus on the brand.
Bad company to work for
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 29, 2016
Management does not know what they're doing and they do not treat the kids right. I wouldn't even recommend the parents leaving their children there honestly.
Pros
Nothing just the kids
Cons
Hour break
Facilitites Management
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  KYMay 19, 2016
KLC was a lot of fun sometimes, If you like travel, Seeing new people everyday, Talking on the phone to resolve issues with vendors, Getting down and dirty, Complete work orders with time lines and being on call 365 24 7 then this job is for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge Universe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8