Knowledge Universe Employee Reviews

Great place if you want to make a difference
HRM (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Knowledge Universe. I felt valued and that iI played a key role in the companies success as well seeing the excitement as children learn new things.
Pros
Seeing the role you play in giving children a headstart
Cons
travel
Pays the bills
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2017
the location i worked at was primarily concerned with how the rooms looked as opposed to how well the rooms were run. The expectation was high and the pay was low.
Pros
steady work
Cons
stressful
Its all about the money
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
With a supportive management team, Knowledge Universe would go a much further, and have better retention. From center the center things change. I would say that some things change for the better However, more consistency would be beneficial.
Not recommended
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 1, 2017
In tge tune that I was employed there were changes taken place, not all positive. There seems to be a lack of management and more of gossip when it cones to staff. Infant teacher was reported to director for force feeding with no disciplinary action. There is a high turn over rate and not enough advancement.
Cons
No to little benefits, min raises, cut corners to save money like running out of sanitary items and cutting down on the kids lunches
rewards
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at Knowledge Universe is very fast- paced, we can have any where from 4-20 infants in our classroom so we are always feeding, changing or making kids laugh. My time at Knowledge Universe has taught me so many great things about how children learn and grow.
Pros
watching the children learn and be excited to learn
Great staff, stressful at times.
Summer teacher for children aging (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJuly 31, 2017
The staff you work with varies school to school. But the Kindercare in El Dorado Hills, CA is like a family. I worked there full time for 3 summers, and had a blast every year.
Quiet work enviorement
Contact Center Agent. (English/Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2017
Worked in the contact center, assisting callers with payments. There was no proper training, only help from coworkers who were close by. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Close to the city of downtown
Cons
Racist manager
Great benefits for teachers
Lead Pre-K Teacher and school mentor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2017
The health benefits are great and reasonable in cost. This is if you pick the higher plan. The dental coverage is good as well. I also have utilized the education benefits which are great as well.
Benefits
Cons
Vacation time.
Productive Fun working environment
Assistant Site Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Hills, OHJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for Knowledge Universe/Champions, however I requested to have more hours during the summer and that was not granted to me. I did not receive any health benefits from the company. We made sure to supervised our children at all times. The children had a great time with our location and we enjoyed the summer field trips.
Pros
Field trips
Cons
health care, not enough hours
not good pay
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 25, 2017
The job was amazing the the pay did not reflect it. The children are a blast to hang out with and build those relationships with but if your looking for good hours and good pay this isn't the job
Average
Program Specialist and Lead PreK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 24, 2017
The staff can be hit or miss, the kids are what make it worth it. The pay is too small for the tasks and responsibilities required. But overall is it a great spot to start if you're getting your feet wet in early childhood education.
Overworked and way underpaid
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 24, 2017
Very unorganized. Got promoted, which included a ton of new responsibilities and never got a raise. Very under appreciated, except by some of the parents. For everything that the teachers have to do (diapers changes, talking with parents, keeping up to date paperwork, checking children in and out, etc.) we were all WAY underpaid.
Pros
Children greeting you each morning, doing crafts
Cons
Exhausting, stressful
teacher assistant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2017
patient
have time for everyone
multitask
deal with kids all the time
communication with parents
every day schedule we have to be really strict in the time because we had a certain time for lunch and nap time.
Pros
any
Cons
any
Knowledge Universe
Site Secretary (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 6, 2017
I love this company. They're so sweet and the new staff is awesome. They always recognize the staff good work and give good incentives. They really appreciate us.
Pros
Awesome company to work for.
Cons
Need to give staff more hours.
underpaid employees
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MD 21128April 24, 2017
Typical work day is ok. I learn new curriculum. Management is ok. No hard parts of the job. No enjoyable parts of the job. Everything there is okay. Thanks
good place to work with kids
Site Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VA 23692April 19, 2017
It was very fun to work for them. They put kids interest first always. My co workers were very friendly and helpful. The company was very encouraging to further my education.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
split shift and pay was not good
Poor Management
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
New market - unsatisfied with direction and support provided by management. Implementation of program was poorly planned and executed by area manager
Too much expectations with no support
Center Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 7, 2017
On boarding process is practically non existent. Job description before being hired looks great on paper and not what you would think. no consistency. Labor system is a joke. Too many out dated systems and tons of programs for different tasks. IT department is no help. Human Resources take forever to gain support. Always playing phone tag in trying to get answers. The standard is always "I don't know how to do this try calling this person who has no idea how to do this either.". Will be burnt out in 4 months if you plan on doing 10-12 hour shifts every week with no support.Buildings are outdated and need tlc. Directors are doing the trench jobs instead of Directing.
Pros
Nice food program, out before 7PM
Cons
Everything nothing good to say about KU
Fast paced consistent environment.
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Knowledge Universe was a great place to work that provides a positive working environment with many opportunities to grow for all employees.
Well thought out methods of interacting with children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Rules and guidelines for every aspect of interacting with the children is well thought out and very helpful. One would learn a lot from working here, especially under all the right circumstances. Kinder care constantly pushes its employees to be better for the students, and tries to educate its teachers by providing free education; I think that is every employee's dream.
Pros
Benefits, ability to nurture not only children but also employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge Universe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8