Knowledge Delivery Systems (KDS) is a leading provider of online and blended professional development for K-12 educators. KDS online courses are developed and taught by leading education experts, whose research and methodologies make a significant impact on teacher effectiveness and student performance. Working in partnership with large school systems, KDS designs and delivers comprehensive, scalable professional development programs that transform teacher and school leader effectiveness. Our mission is to improve teacher and school leader effectiveness to drive achievement gains for all K-12 students.
Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Director is responsible for developing and delivering marketing communications programs and content across a range of channels and audiences. He/she is an expert communicator who thinks strategically about the nuances of how our offerings and services meet school districts’ and educators’ needs, producing clear, powerful content that informs, engages and sells. The ideal candidate brings experience developing integrated marcom programs and is a superb writer and copy editor. He/she has an eye for detail, a brain for business and a heart inspired by education.
- Develop a rolling marketing communications strategy and plan that supports KDS’ brand, sales and audience goals across channels and customer segments.
- Create positioning and messaging for products, services and customer segments, write and produce content, and curate relevant content sources.
- Develop and manage communications programs across traditional and digital channels including email marketing; website and social media; sales collaterals and support; public relations; conferences and events; advertising; learner communications; and more.
- Own and manage content, branding and customer experience on the KDS website and social media.
- Produce campaigns and materials that are visually engaging and meet high standards of graphic design and strengthen brand identity.
- Supervise writing and creative resources where needed.
- Supervise PR agency activities and plan.
- Ensure programs and activities are delivered on time and on budget, and are measured against ROI and measurement targets.
- Ensure consistency of brand positioning by managing messages, integrating communications activities, and syncing messaging with sales, customer service and other stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with marketing team members and other departments to develop strategies, content and campaigns to meet company objectives.
- Degree in communications, journalism, advertising or marketing.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably in the education or technology sectors.
- Experience conceptualizing and producing results-oriented marketing communications programs for business-to-business and/or consumer audiences. Work with education sector audiences preferred.
- Superior writing, editing, proof reading and oral communication skills, with an ability to synthesize and customize communication, in terms of both content and style, based on target audience, channel and objective.
- Experience managing content and user experience on a high traffic ecommerce website and digital assets.
- Demonstrated strong project management and problem solving skills, including organization and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Client service orientation with the ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, with the aptitude to take care of internal clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capacity to lead, to work independently, and/or collaborate in a team environment.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product under tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach.
- Ability to be flexible, resilient, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Constantly looking to apply best practices.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes competitive benefits package and 401K.
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your resume/CV along with a cover letter
Your cover letter should include:
- An explanation of your interest in working at KDS
- An explanation of your interest in the position for which you are applying
- An explanation of anything unusual in your resume (more than one year employment lapse or a major shift in your career interest)
KDS is an equal opportunity employer. KDS evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status.
Please note all offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Knowledge Delivery Systems (KDS) is a leading provider of online and blended, strategic professional development for K-12 educators. KDS...