KnowledgeBase Marketing Employee Reviews

Challenging IT work environment for a medium sized company
Manager of TSS / Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good salary, challenging it infrastructure
Cons: management and lack of it processes
Act in a dual role capacity as a Lead Systems Engineers and as the Manager of Technical Services Support. As Lead SE I supported all x86 systems for production, test and development. This equaled about approximately 500 servers, with two-thirds being virtualized on VMware. I supported server hardware, both network and fiber switching, and data protection activities. As manager of TSS I supervised the network, server, security admins. I also ran the Tier1 Helpdesk for the company. When hired the company of moving their data center from Houston to Richardson. All technical staff did not move, so my first order of business was putting together a new team. I reported to the Director of TSS.

I started out working for a Director and VP of IT that were great guys to work for. Then there was an acquisition of a company, and a management change.

Hardest part of the job was covering several roles, with management being the newest, and not getting the necessary mentoring that I needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being responsible for helping to build a new IT team.
Constant Changing Job
Senior Processing Specialist II (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: leaving at 5:00 pm
Cons: when you had issues with an client's file
For this employer, I changed my job requirements several times. I started working for a team whose client was Wells Fargo Bank. After 3 months that changed, so I became a List Rental associate for several years. After 9-11, I become a National Change of Address (NCOA) specialist. There was no typical day at KBM because you never knew what client was sending their files to you to have the United States Postal Service NCOA file used to correct their addresses. This process was a 24 hour turnaround. So in the morning I returned files that had used the NCOA file, and the finalized paperwork to clients. In the afternoon, I would setup the files that needed to be processed in the overnight timeframe. I learned what order to run the applications to complete the NCOA process. The hardest part of the job was to wait on the control room to catalog an client's file before you could start using the information. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked the List Rental area, I always was able to leave at 5:00 pm each day. Management was available at all times if you had questions on how to process an file especially if it was an request that was unusual.