KnowledgeBase Marketing

KnowledgeBase Marketing Employer Reviews

Challenging IT work environment for a medium sized company
Manager of TSS / Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good salary, challenging it infrastructure
Cons: management and lack of it processes
Act in a dual role capacity as a Lead Systems Engineers and as the Manager of Technical Services Support. As Lead SE I supported all x86 systems for production, test and development. This equaled about approximately 500 servers, with two-thirds being virtualized on VMware. I supported server hardware, both network and fiber switching, and data protection – more... activities. As manager of TSS I supervised the network, server, security admins. I also ran the Tier1 Helpdesk for the company. When hired the company of moving their data center from Houston to Richardson. All technical staff did not move, so my first order of business was putting together a new team. I reported to the Director of TSS.

I started out working for a Director and VP of IT that were great guys to work for. Then there was an acquisition of a company, and a management change.

Hardest part of the job was covering several roles, with management being the newest, and not getting the necessary mentoring that I needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being responsible for helping to build a new IT team. – less