Knox Community Hospital

Knox Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work the people are the best part of working here.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 22, 2016
The atmosphere is fairly laid back but can get very busy very quickly. Add on examinations are a daily occurrence in every modality. You quickly learn to be flexible and available for whatever you are needed for. It is not uncommon to begin in general x-ray and go from routine x-rays to flouroscopy to OR c-arm cases all in the span of an eight hour shift. This can be hectic at times but there are slower days that make up for the busier ones. A half hour lunch is short but is normal for this field. The people that work here are the best part of the job. Most people are friendly and genuinely like to get to know you. Management and benefit packages heavily favor seniority. If you have been here for less than five years it can be difficult to get requested time off. All full time techs are required to work every third weekend and cannot request that weekend off. There are usually a slew of activities to be enjoy in the summer including, volleyball, runs to raise money for the community hospital, and even a softball tournament. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
New department. Kind and fun people. Great learning environment.
Cons
Low wages. Management favors seniority.
Good staff, less than average pay,
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 26, 2016
It's a work environment. Good, caring staff. But it is a bit under paid compared to some of bigger surrounding, larger hospital chains. They try, but fail by comparison. Good benefits, not enough involvement in outside activities. Other companies help with fitness plans and memberships, and yet they are so into Bravo Wellness. They want their employees to meet certain wellness standards, yet they do nothing to offer help with memberships like other surrounding companies. HUM.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No employee encentives at all. not even lunch dicounts.
Food Service Operations
NUTRITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did at the hospital and it was the ideal location for where we live but, the management was very "child like". They would sexually harass some of the employees making it a "joke" with a few of them. I wasn't impressed and because the human resources employee was dating one of the managers I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with expressing my concerns.
A great place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 25, 2016
Knox Community Hospital is one of the best hospital to work for.
My coworker, The team I worked with was the best. They would come together and work hard to get the job done.
Like my job
Hematology/POC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 11, 2016
I've learned a lot at Knox. Here they are very nice and everyone gets along pretty well. I've been here a little over a year and started while going through a divorce. They have given me the time off I've needed to deal with my personal life. The laboratory is truly a family environment.
Small community hospital serving rural knox county. Variety of services offered
Case Manager/Utilization Review R.N (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 10, 2013
I currently am a Utilization Review Nurse at Knox Community Hospital. I am also performing case management roles at this time due to recent reduction in staff. I review Medicare, Commercial Insurance, Medicare HMO, Medicaid and Medicaid HMO, self pay patients. I utilize Interqual Criteria for all reviews as this is our hospitals contracted criteria source. I submit reviews via electronically and also do phone reviews. I collaborate with case managers, social workers, hospitalists, nursing staff, ancillary staff to ensure quality care for our patients
Pros
small facility, quality staff
Cons
recent reduction in hours and benefits. poor communication from directors
If you like being lied to, this is EXACTLY what your looking for
current employee (Current Employee) –  mount vernonMarch 23, 2015
There is no trust in this place. Employees are always looking over each other's shoulder because management lies and creates distrust. They like to play blind to what is going on and sing a happy song,we're doing great, everything is all sunny and rosy and then when it is convenient we can't do that and I realize your job requires 10 hours of work, but we can't afford help so sorry but you better get it done in 8, AND you better smile while your doing it. They smile and thank you while twisting the knife in your back. The illegal and morally wrong things that go on here are HONESTLY SCARY! They rule with intimidation and threats. There is no consistency and favoritism runs rampant.
Pros
the employees
Cons
to bad management doesn't know what they have
new challenges, high pace volume, never a dull moment
Hazmat Team Member\ patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 26, 2015
A typical day is never typical. One hour to the next can change so rapidly that you must be on your toes thinking about the next step.

The community in Mount Vernon is very pleasant and I enjoy working with the community here.
The co workers are more than just a strong team where family here. Hardest part about my job is when someone passes away.
Best part is making those in need feel like how they did before they came in to hosptial.
Pros
learning every something new each day
Cons
people leaving
If you like riding a Train Wreck off a cliff this is for you
Accountant (Former Employee) –  mt vernonDecember 24, 2012
Knox Community Hospital is an isolated blasts from the past. The Director of Finance and Controller as well as other management has as much management experience as a third shift taco bell assistant cashier. Very unorganized, very crude, and very selfish.

There is no formal training and expectations are beyond anything reasonable. But make sure you don't try to make any improvements. This management loves the 80's management style and does not appreciate anyone who can help excel them into the current decade in terms of process improvements.

Be ready to be amazed by the lip service of how great things are and then feel free to look at the mass layoffs, benefit cuts, and incompetence from the board members down to the other management level.
Cons
if you have any level of business intelligence or ambitions, stay away.
I am looking for a place of employment where I can utilize the skills that I have obtained through education and employment.
Office Secretary at OBGYN Office (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 19, 2012
I have worked for Knox Community Hospital for the past 4years. I am willing to learn and grow with a company and feel that I would be very beneficial to your company with my skills and experience..
Pros
benefits are excellant
Receptionist
Registered Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 26, 2015
One physician practice, checked in patients, insurance verification, collected co-pays, balances, billing statements, scheduled appointments, telephone triage
Great staff to work with, Positive environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OhioApril 25, 2012
The best part of my job was watching patients come in that had a disability and within a short few weeks their disability was improved. Physical therapy is a very rewarding job because you have the ability to change someones life drastically. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the improvements that the patients were making and seeing their positive attitudes at each visit.
Pros
great staff members and management
Cons
long drive, hours
Hahaha don't waste your time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon OhioMarch 20, 2015
Worked in maintenance department for 6 yrs was never appreciated bullied by manager expected to be at work at a moments notice sometimes had to work multiple 16 hour days if you tried to defend yourself you were threatened with written warning or termination manager has his head so far up his backside it's hard to tell which end is which wouldn't go back in any capacity if it were last place on earth.
Cons
everything
Professional and beneficial workplace.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 26, 2015
Professional and helpful co-workers. Reachable supervisors. Great for learning and improving my skills. The setting allows for both professional and a fun work environment. This position allows me to both increase my fitness expertise and gain experience being around Physical Therapists.
IS-Clinical Applications Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 30, 2013
Love the people I work with but facility in financial troubles and only offer 1.5 weeks PTO! No flexibility and career advancement is slim.
okay
nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 23, 2012
Small town politics small town thinking. Very disappointed in how they treat their staff and the illegal operations that go on there.
Excellent Surgeons
RN First Assist, Unit Coordinator Surgery (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 19, 2015
Newly expanded and remolded operating rooms. Surgeons are dedicated and skillful. Small community hospital with years of service to the community.
very good work environment
Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 27, 2013
Very fun work environment that made it easy to work there. Typically you get to work start your day, take a lunch then back to work until the end of the day. learned the charge capture ropes and lots of reporting with CPSI and Paragon software's.
I love the one on one conversation between the phlebotomist and patient.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Being needed and able to help the patient makes my job very rewarding.
Pros
meeting people of all walks of life.
Cons
the sick.
Good Community Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 15, 2012
The hospital gave me the foundation I needed to start my years in the work force off right. The atmosphere was very friendly, and I liked that the fact that I was a part of making someone better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knox Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9