Knox Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Decent job, but not much room for advancement or pay raises.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 29, 2017
A good opportunity for this community. Fair benefits. KCH is adding new specialty providers & treatment options all the time. It is a growing facility.
Overworked and under appreciated.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 8, 2017
Being that this hospital is so financially unstable, productivity was promoted over patient care. You risk your licensure every time you walk through the door with the unsafe ratios at KCH. Flipping between low census forced call offs and mandatory overtime makes this an unreliable place to work. Management promotes lies and threats to achieve their department goals. I would never return to this place of employment, nor would I recommend it to a colleague.
Very busy work enviroment
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 3, 2017
I love my job , however this facility needs a lot of updates and there is lack of communication. I do think the management team could use some improvement.
Disappointed in what I thought would be great
Tech (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2017
I tried for years to become a member at this hospital, and once I was offered a position I thought it would be an amazing thing for my family. It has brought great stress, issues within the department I work in. And very disappointed in correction and authority of some staff.
Pros
Meet some great people, medical benefits
Cons
Not flexible, always change, no stability
Internship
Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 28, 2017
This internship was enjoyable, however made me realize that i did not want to be a physical therapist because i could not see myself doing the activities that i conducted for the rest of my life.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Physician Practices (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 19, 2016
Wrote policies and procedures for the new doctors offices that were forming. Got to know all the Drs. and employees and their specialties.
I learned so much about healthcare and rules.
Pros
Close to home and no set schedule
Cons
Did not have benefits
A great place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 25, 2016
Knox Community Hospital is one of the best hospital to work for.
My coworker, The team I worked with was the best. They would come together and work hard to get the job done.
Pca
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 11, 2016
Great place to work if you like 6 days a week 12 hour or more shifts- no raises, high turn over rate, and like getting star bucks instead of actual money to help pay for bills or food.
Food Service Operations
NUTRITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did at the hospital and it was the ideal location for where we live but, the management was very "child like". They would sexually harass some of the employees making it a "joke" with a few of them. I wasn't impressed and because the human resources employee was dating one of the managers I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with expressing my concerns.
Excellent place to work the people are the best part of working here.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 22, 2016
The atmosphere is fairly laid back but can get very busy very quickly. Add on examinations are a daily occurrence in every modality. You quickly learn to be flexible and available for whatever you are needed for. It is not uncommon to begin in general x-ray and go from routine x-rays to flouroscopy to OR c-arm cases all in the span of an eight hour shift. This can be hectic at times but there are slower days that make up for the busier ones. A half hour lunch is short but is normal for this field. The people that work here are the best part of the job. Most people are friendly and genuinely like to get to know you. Management and benefit packages heavily favor seniority. If you have been here for less than five years it can be difficult to get requested time off. All full time techs are required to work every third weekend and cannot request that weekend off. There are usually a slew of activities to be enjoy in the summer including, volleyball, runs to raise money for the community hospital, and even a softball tournament. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
New department. Kind and fun people. Great learning environment.
Cons
Low wages. Management favors seniority.
Good staff, less than average pay,
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 26, 2016
It's a work environment. Good, caring staff. But it is a bit under paid compared to some of bigger surrounding, larger hospital chains. They try, but fail by comparison. Good benefits, not enough involvement in outside activities. Other companies help with fitness plans and memberships, and yet they are so into Bravo Wellness. They want their employees to meet certain wellness standards, yet they do nothing to offer help with memberships like other surrounding companies. HUM.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No employee encentives at all. not even lunch dicounts.
Like my job
Hematology/POC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 11, 2016
I've learned a lot at Knox. Here they are very nice and everyone gets along pretty well. I've been here a little over a year and started while going through a divorce. They have given me the time off I've needed to deal with my personal life. The laboratory is truly a family environment.
Receptionist
Registered Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 26, 2015
One physician practice, checked in patients, insurance verification, collected co-pays, balances, billing statements, scheduled appointments, telephone triage
new challenges, high pace volume, never a dull moment
Hazmat Team Member\ patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 26, 2015
A typical day is never typical. One hour to the next can change so rapidly that you must be on your toes thinking about the next step.

The community in Mount Vernon is very pleasant and I enjoy working with the community here.
The co workers are more than just a strong team where family here. Hardest part about my job is when someone passes away.
Best part is making those in need feel like how they did before they came in to hosptial.
Pros
learning every something new each day
Cons
people leaving
Excellent Surgeons
RN First Assist, Unit Coordinator Surgery (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 19, 2015
Newly expanded and remolded operating rooms. Surgeons are dedicated and skillful. Small community hospital with years of service to the community.
Professional and beneficial workplace.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 26, 2015
Professional and helpful co-workers. Reachable supervisors. Great for learning and improving my skills. The setting allows for both professional and a fun work environment. This position allows me to both increase my fitness expertise and gain experience being around Physical Therapists.
If you like being lied to, this is EXACTLY what your looking for
current employee (Current Employee) –  mount vernonMarch 23, 2015
There is no trust in this place. Employees are always looking over each other's shoulder because management lies and creates distrust. They like to play blind to what is going on and sing a happy song,we're doing great, everything is all sunny and rosy and then when it is convenient we can't do that and I realize your job requires 10 hours of work, but we can't afford help so sorry but you better get it done in 8, AND you better smile while your doing it. They smile and thank you while twisting the knife in your back. The illegal and morally wrong things that go on here are HONESTLY SCARY! They rule with intimidation and threats. There is no consistency and favoritism runs rampant.
Pros
The employees
Cons
To bad management doesn't know what they have
nice place to work
Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 11, 2014
good group of people
lots of shifts to work
holidays and weekends
Great Place to precept as a student
Student RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 7, 2014
I did a 126 hour preceptorship here and it was a great experience. The staff is very helpful.
very good work environment
Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 27, 2013
Very fun work environment that made it easy to work there. Typically you get to work start your day, take a lunch then back to work until the end of the day. learned the charge capture ropes and lots of reporting with CPSI and Paragon software's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knox Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8