Knute Nelson Employee Reviews

Strong supportive management and Upper management
Administratrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 15, 2017
This facility withholds a positive, supportive environment that empowers its employees and encourages growth. I worked as a Charge nurse at both the long term care facility and at the Assisted Living facility. I then went on to intern there last summer as an Administrative intern. I enjoyed the teamwork and positive culture when I worked there. The benefits were top notch. Management was supportive and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive management
I loved working with their homecare staff!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNDecember 28, 2016
I loved working for Knute Nelson Homecare. I loved the independence that they gave you, it made me feel comfortable and confident in my work. Homecare also helped improve my problem solving skills!
Enjoyed working for a good company
CNA and Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 19, 2016
I did a various of different things. I worked at the Nursing Home part for 5-6 years, then I went to the Assisted Living. Less things to do as far as care wise. I don't mind it. Because I have been doing Nursing work for 13 years now.
Activities of Daily Living at both facilities and helped give medication at Nelson Gables.
Pros
We did have an employee of the month. I never got it. But, you could always nominate people.
Cons
sometimes, not enough staff to be able to take vacations.
Not a good place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 29, 2016
Supervisor couldn't take responsibility for her mistakes and would blame others
Company is all about money and doesn't care about well being of residents or even staff
Horrible pay
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Pay, supervisor, benefits, hours
Private duty home care
RN (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 17, 2016
I loved my job in Alexandria, mn as a private duty rn. No complaints. Our case manager was very involved with the client. Had the necessary supplies and resources to provide great care!
Wouldn't reccommend working here
Jayme Mikel- CNA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 6, 2014
Knute Nelson has a staff who gives poor quality time to residents. They lack the knowledge of proper training and proper care to residents or the nursing home itself. The whole place needs a wake up call I believe and the communication there is poor and coworkers don't make good team members. Never saw an improvement, actually started to see a decline in myself. Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Loved the history of Knute Nelson and what he stood for.
Cons
That is no longer how it is.
Poor management and poor training
RN Manager (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaApril 22, 2014
You work much more than 80 hours per week. The work load is massive with no one willing to help or give you any guidance. They give you poor training and then expect you to be perfect at your job. You have great co-workers but the turn over is so frequent that no one knows what they are doing. If the management would support you and help with the work load this would be a great position but they tend to look the other way. It is very frustrating and a highly stressful job.
Pros
guaranteed hours
Cons
highly stressful, work over 12hrs per day, poor management
Productive workplace and caring staff
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 27, 2014
Excellent place to work
Caring staff
Management handles all concerns in a timely fashion
The hardest part of the job is when someone passes
The most enjoyable time is doing activities with residents
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Short staffed at times
Poor work place
Registered Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJuly 29, 2013
The company is all about the money going into their pockets and not the care of residents or staff. Cut staff so staff has to do double the work with harder patients and no pay increases.
Pros
Cons
All of it
overworked underpaid
CNA (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 6, 2013
The employee to Resident ration is terrible. In care center there is more 2 assist more full care needed but mgmt is so top heavy and not concerned with the current long term residents they have but more focused on Home care and Hospic where the $ is at. Mgmt talks the talk but not good at helping out with the hands on. If they cut the meetings back to just 50% of what they currently have now, maybe there would be more time for them and everyone to be more involved with the residents.
Pros
acess to 2 excellent workout faculities
Cons
years since pay raise, but more work piled on you
Multi Unit Dining Operations
Director of Culinary and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNFebruary 15, 2013
Responsible for dining services operations, menu development, management selection, and strategic planning for 3 properties in the region. Dining leadership subject matter expert throughout CCRC development and start-up. Lead and motivate team to achieve quality service delivery, high customer satisfaction, and profitable financial performance.