Koch Companies Employee Reviews

Something learned everyday
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 18, 2017
Lots to do most days....
People are fun to work with
I learn something new everyday
I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule, as my boss knows I make sure things are all under control before I leave.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Cons
Management not always that great
Fast pace. ..No time for family
Floor sweeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2016
It is a great place to work if you are one of the good old boys! Upper management is very poor and does not have a clue of what goes on out in the production area of the shop! As long as you don't say anything out of context and Rock the Boat then you have a job for life. But if you follow the so-called MBM principles which they do not... you will be searching for a job! The safety department is a joke! They are a so-called VPP star company... if they would not pay off OSHA the company would be shut down. No matter the circumstance of an injury it is always the employee's fault.. once again you will be looking for another job!
Pros
Pretty stable working environment due to the economy
Cons
If you are not a good old boy to the supervisors or upper management you will not last long!
fun day at work
cage fixer (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, GAJanuary 3, 2016
a typical day at work was easy laid back and worked hard no stress at all we all work together no arguments or nothing it was a fun place to work at
MBM Principles don't exists in upper management
Production Supervisors (RSL) (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 25, 2015
Upper Management (New management mainly from Sunoco ) disgusting no Principles , No culture and no talent whatsoever, Cover ignorance with mean spirit and football discussion. Mr Koch is out of touch Orange site being trashed by sorry, un respectable management short timers. Retaliation is the name of the game
Pros
old Left over DUPONT Culture and knowledge
Cons
New Management
Good Company (values) - Below average leadership & poor advancement
service desk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2015
The people who work for Koch Business Solutions are great. The culture is great. Very respectful atmosphere. Very good benefits!

The management is another issue. They will definitely never forget an error made by the employee. A year later without any other incidents, they'll throw the error you made on your review. The leadership doesn't seem to have the "humility" guiding principle... if you try to stand up and challenge what is right, they'll definitely retaliate (which is against company policy) by either removing responsibilities or changing scheduling, etc.

They seem to horde talent in the same position - the best way to leave the entry level is to stay under the radar and be average.

There is a lot of turnover in the KBS position. I think this should set off a red-flag for someone high up in leadership that there is something wrong going on...

I can say that I haven't been fired, but I was able to leave on my own with having a good annual review. But, the lack of leadership and lack of advancement has caused me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Culture, Co-workers
Cons
Micro-Management, lack of advancement opportunities, High-turnover
Fast Pace Work Environment
Tax Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of maintaining several databases and supporting an entire office of 100 individuals including consultants and interns. I've learned a lot about audits, amended returns and multiple tax filings. The people I worked with were very hard working. The job wasn't hard, only very detail-oriented. The most enjoyable part was learning about how a very large company operates from the inside.
Pros
Learning the Language of Tax
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent Job opportunity
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 24, 2014
I enjoy working for Koch but the demands of my family are requiring me to look for a local driving position.
Good place to start.
PSP (Current Employee) –  Corpus ChristiApril 8, 2014
You will like working here as long as you don't make any mistakes. Company likes to hang things over your head. Pay is great. High turnover ratio. People always coming and going. Follow rules and go home. Stay away from company politics.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Bosses with nothing to do.
not a place to aspire to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate AccountingMarch 29, 2014
The Corporate Accounting Division of Koch Industries is NOT an ideal place to work. Management is extremely rude, lacking integrity and honesty!
The staff acts like an uptight click, not open to outsiders joining their team.
Cons
Management has attitude of entitlement and don't comply to the MBM focus.
Nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2013
Company is very stable ,work is consistent, I do enjoy my job and different parts of Florida that I travel,meeting new people and different cultures, helping the people at the best buy store unload and load the trailer. It is a very good job and strong in safety.
Pros
Very knowledgable in FMCSR and CSA rules
Cons
To much of a good ole boy system in Davenport Florida
This company is a good company to work for.
HR and Workers Compensation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 15, 2012
This job was a life saver for me. I loved this job. The people were great and very nice. In the beginning of my employment here I was kept very busy. The last 3 months of my employment it becuase less and less busy for me. I was laid off. I still talk to some of the people that work there.