Koch Foods

Koch Foods Employee Reviews

job
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Henagar, ALMay 20, 2015
there was not a hard part to this job
I was home everyday Great place to work
Left and was home same day
Production analyst and Quality Assurer (Former Employee), Morton,msMay 20, 2015
Pros: I love the paper work, My lead person was very understanding
Cons: I didnt like the fact that we had to clock out on our thirty minutes breaks.
This was a great company. I got to meet people from all types of backgrounds. The upper management was friendly and understanding. I would recomend the company to everyone. A typical work day for me were at least ten hours, sometimes twelve hours, But they were worth it !!! friday was my favorite.
Very hard job,must like to work seven day
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Rockmart, GAMay 15, 2015
I have learned some very good skill working at koch foods. Belts motors,Grain silos and conveyor belts. Screw Augers.Use to working in a hospital setting
Great teamwork with co workers. Maintenance management could use better people skills
Electrician (Current Employee), Morton, MSApril 17, 2015
Pros: good people to work around. excellent teamwork
Cons: poor maintenance management
Set up the production lines to run at 6 a.m. answer calls to all equipment throughout the day. Offer help to fellow maintenance workers, as they do me. Management has it's ups and downs. they could care about their employees a lot more. Nothing is real hard to do. Some parts are time consuming.
Good company to learn from
Quality Assurance Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
Good company to learn from. Good working experince. Awesome co-workers. Great oppurtunity to those who are looking to expand their skills qualifications.
Poorly Managed
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
long work week, excellent learning experience, management is bonus driven than seamless production systems, hardest part of the job is last minute changes with no warning.
Productive, a very good learning experience
stacking (Former Employee), morton, msFebruary 22, 2015
a typical day at koch foods is basically keep the line running. mainly be on time as other people depend on the time to perform a determined job. I learn about quality product and how important is to work in team. Coworkers and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is conditioned body to extreme temperature.
Not a great place to work at
General Laborer (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: got to go home early
Cons: unpredictable work schedule
The hardest part of my job at Koch Foods was starting my shift at 5:00 a.m. While I was there I learned how to drive a stand-up fork lift.
It was decent
Debone Specialist (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: its hands on work.
Cons: some of the co wokers are horrible
It was a very past work environment. their employees are very messy and the supervisor will show favoritism. The hard part is trying to get the bosses to see your point of view.
great place to work best job if you love to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Pine Mountain Valley, GAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: job stability
Cons: 7 day work week
just doing maintenance work. learned the in and outs of running a plant. manager are a good team. Hardest part is keeping everything going. Best part of the job is learning something new everyday.
I was hired as a process safety manager with no experience, and was to be trained and sent to school. I was never sent to school.
Process safety manager (Former Employee), Forest, MSJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good benifits and hours. enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons: lack of opportunity to learn and grow in the field i was hired.
Started the day with temp checks in food areas, then checked safety suits and equipment. Did fire hazard checks and ammonia checks. Studied process safety requirements on line and made sure I was current on all safety requirements. Assisted my manager in refrigeration repairs and service.
Productive Workplace
Tally Person (Former Employee), Forest,MsJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
The management for Koch Foods when i was there was great. I enjoyed my co workers and my job.
I enjoyed working with Koch Foods for 9 years
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great chicken products
Cons: short on orders
Other than running out of chicken often, Koch Foods raises great chickens and has several delicious products. You can purchase fresh or frozen chicken product. Fully cooked and raw is available.
Terrible Management, Rude, trashy people at Kock Foods
Confidential (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: overtime usually needed
Cons: short breaks, bacteria, salmonella, ammonia exposure.
Koch Foods COULD be a great place to work, but the management make sure to instill that you are never good enough, and that you can and will lose your job at anytime, and even tells people they don't have to give breaks. The supervisors and shift leaders will sabotage anyone they don't like and force them out the door. They have a "Lighthouse" employee reporting hotline, which is a JOKE because it just goes to HR, and if you are reporting any wrongdoing by management, they just excuse it because they all clique together. If you are Hispanic, you have JOB security, but the drama, and turnover among the whites/blacks is astounding! The "Long Time" employees will sabotage new hires to keep the turnover rate flowing, out of fear of being replaced, and eventually get promoted. Profanity and harassment is rampant throughout the plant, and they tell you, it's a chicken house, get used to it. Management and Shift leaders have a Slave-Driver mentality and thrive on authoritarianism because they get a power thrill, being most of them are felons, so at Kock Foods, they get to "be somebody"
It's a job..
Grinder (Current Employee), Fairfield,OhioJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: lunches..
Cons: management sucks and they don't care.
Dont work here, nobody speaks English and it's very hard to learn what your doing.
Chicken Factory.
Hand Assembly (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime.
Cons: the compute, management, and the stinch of raw chicken.
Typical day at work consists of, Trimming the fat off boneless, and raw chicken breast. Shaping it to the required size, with skin, or without skin. Assembling boxes, and tops for different companies, how many ever the order required to put the 5-20 pound bags of raw chicken breast in. I learned how to assemble boxes, and tops, and how to operate a machine. Management was all over the place, my coworkers were over worked and under paid. The hardest part of the job was lifting 20 pound bags of raw chicken every 5 seconds, and making an order of 250 boxes and tops in 20 minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i had around me, i met a very diverse group of people with great personalities.
Its a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Pearl, MSNovember 7, 2014
Koch Food would be a great place to work if they had better management.
Productive Workplace and Fast
Packer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work for me is like any other day I have to work hard to be successful.
I learned the faster you work and the more effort put in your job the quicker you learn to grow and get notice for your hard work.
my management was fair and my co- worker were team players.
there wasn't any hard part of work for me because i catch on quickly.
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 29, 2014
I operated the pallet jack and forklift equipment. I enjoyed loading and unloading the trucks.
COMPANY
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 28, 2014
COMPANY WAS A GOOD COMPANY BUT AM LOOKING FOR A GREAT COMPANY

1 2 3 4 5

About Koch Foods

Koch (pronounced "coke") Industries is the real thing,¬†one of the largest¬†(if not the largest) private companies in the US. Koch's – Read more

Koch Foods Salaries