Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Beware
EHS (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 6, 2017
This company is dangerous. The safety culture is poor. A management culture in which not rocking the boat and ensuring you kiss butt will be your only way to keeping your job. There are very talented people working in Management and Non-Management roles, but the company is stifled from corporate. Meeting after meeting after meeting in which your opinion will be required and then held against you. The company will also go to great lengths to create situations to fire an employee.
Pros
Paid on time.
Cons
Everything but being paid on time.
Fast Paced enviroment with lot's of opportunities
Global Director Info Technology and Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Koch is a fast-paced growth and change oriented company which provides lots of opportunities for employees who take risk and add value. Koch's management styles is perfect for those who want to come up with creative ways to add value.
Pros
Management style
Great Place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2017
Koch was a great place to work. Everyday I learned more about business and how to apply MBM principles.

The culture at Koch I compare to a professional sports team. You have to be a top performer. They are continuously searching the market for better, brighter, more talented employee's. The culture will drive you to be a better employee and person.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Maximo Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 11, 2017
This was a great place to work, just had low pay. Thoroughly enjoyed working with the engineers and subcontractors. This was the place I learned to be more outspoken
Awesome place to work!!!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work at
Work environment is relax and organized
Liked the parking security and the friendly personnel I was able to meet in my short time I'd worked there!:D
Pros
Flex hours
A real fun company Warfare
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2017
The hours are great the management they are real nice and consider it long as you work hard come to work every day you are treated awesome real fun company to work
Great company culture
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 31, 2017
Koch is a giant company with great culture. You get trained for company culture and value for at least two days. The idea is to apply the economics concept in the working environment.
Good place to work, if you are a very hard worker
Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 18, 2017
Manager would always look over your shoulder. Very strick with bird-dogging. Made it uneasy to work with a very suspicious boss. He treated me good, but i was used to that environment, Others may have had more of bad experience.
Decent place to work if work is all you want to do
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2017
I started out at Koch and had 4 years of good experience. Then the 5th year, everything fell apart. I was working 60-100 hrs a week and it was still not good enough for the mgmt. Raises after the 5th year became anemic at best citing various "economic" reasons but bonuses were still handed out to mgmt
Solid Upper Management and Company Culture. Middle Management Needs Improvement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2017
At Koch, you will work around a lot of smart people who will challenge you to do your best. Upper management is very clear on the vision for the company and long term direction. Company culture rewards those who work hard and are comfortable with being accountable for their work.

Your satisfaction and success at Koch will depend a lot on which Koch company you work for and who your boss is. If you have a boss who will be your advocate and coach, you will do great. If you have a boss who micro-manages you and refuses to receive feedback, things will be more difficult. The hierarchical structure makes the supervisor, employee relationship critical to the success of an employee as your boss must be involved in any promotion or career move within the company.

The main problem at Koch is that many middle managers have been promoted because they are good at other things besides managing (i.e. they are good analysts or engineers). Often they are placed in positions of management without any management training or experience.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, opportunities to gain skills and knowledge in a short amount of time, solid reputation in the marketplace
Cons
Limited knowledge of company financials, subjective bonus structure and process, middle management promoted due to job skills instead of management skills
Work
Forklift operator, dties assigned by supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaPlace, LAMarch 25, 2017
Drove forklift to haul pallets for cranes and move heavy equipment as requested. Safety checks were performed on equipment prior to equipment use, work area evaluated for potential hazards. Management was fair with breaks and overtime. The hardest part of working for my most recent employers is the inconsistency of job assignments. I enjoy working and being busy.
Pros
Kept me busy during the day. Enjoy networking with other employees.
Cons
Job assignments have become inconsistent.
Koch Review
Sr.machine operator /lead man (Former Employee) –  East Canton, ohioMarch 14, 2017
Koch company is a great place to work. A typical day consisted of many hours operating a extruder. Keeping the safety of myself and others. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work overtime and on my own.
Pros
Workin on my own and overtime.
Cons
Not having a relible supervisor to count on.
Great
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 8, 2017
Koch Industries was a very good work environment. Driver of your own career can learn as quickly as you want and the management is willing to help you grow as much as you want as well.
Leadership bubble no communication
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Enid oklahomaJanuary 25, 2017
If you consider advancement more work less pay perfect for you no salary ot or bonus structure alot of positions due to mass exodus from company wrong people in roles clicky leadership
great company to work for
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 2, 2016
Not a bad place to work. There are a lot of smart people who work for Koch. Management was good. Would work for them again if I had the chance.
Very strong and solvent organization
Project Manager/Technical Architecture Leadership (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2016
I worked with many talented people here, and generally the work was gratifying. The Market Based philosophy was great as a way to run a business, however there were occasions where it did not seem to be applied consistently.
Pros
Stable very solvent
Cons
Vision not consistent across all companies
Love the core values.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2016
Koch's core values are undeniably the right path for an employee base. Integrity and compliance have always aligned with my common sense. Market Based Management is also a mental model that is very natural to me, and provides an exceptional common vocabulary and mental model. For the most part, there are a lot of great people and a lot of great managers at Koch Industries. I cherished my time there.

On the opportunities side, Koch Business Solutions unit needs an overhaul. Their Applications Group is not competitive with external providers in cost, quality, nor competency, and their arrogance and cronyism are against MBM core principles.
Pros
Mbm, great core values, great economics-based culture.
Cons
Change is slow, corporate politics and cronyism in small pockets.
Great company
Leadership and Management (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNNovember 13, 2016
I have loved working here for the better part of a decade, the company really knows how to take care of it's employees. If you are looking for stability I highly recommend this company.
A very healthy, professional work place
Corporate Regional Safety & Health Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2016
Koch Industries is a great place to work. They live out the guiding principals day by day. They are very professional and respectful and full of vision.
A LONG TIME AGO -- Koch is a great company
Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 24, 2016
Koch Industries was the best employer I ever worked for... The people and co-workers were nice enough. The management was good and the benefits were good. I learned a lot on this job because I was working with some knowledgeable contractors. Just a great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.