Koch Industries

Koch Industries Employer Reviews

Great Company
Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great experience, lots to learn, great training
Cons: lack of fullfillment, no chance to advancement in career
I currently work for KBS service desk. I am very happy with my job, I love what I do, and the people that I work with are great. Management at times seems lost though, and it almost seems to be a black hole working here. I have been here for 1 year and still have not met the requirements that they have set to move forward in the company.
Great People
Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 25, 2014
Departmental reorganization and change in processes ended the opportunity to utilize my core capabilities as initially hired.
Good people to work with, management misapplies companies guiding priciples
Project Manager (Current Employee), Orange, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: high turnaround rate
Good people to work with. Company culture is good. Company MBM guiding principles are good but not always correctly applied
Terriable Place
weld (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2014
Not a good Place to work at all. Management not good, Benefits not good, everyone seems unhappy. was glad to leave that place.
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
It has been so long since I worked at Koch it is hard to write a review. What I remember is that the work environment was good and I had great co-workers.
Great Opportunity
Lead Website Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 27, 2014
My department was sold and changed names several times, finally to an outside company. While still Koch it had amazing perks and lots of room for advancement. The Koch brothers were also very present and available for employees as well.
review
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2013
Pros: able to challenge
Koch is a good company to work for. You are able to challenge and make decisions. Koch pays well but works you hard.
The Best
NC Punch Press Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2013
While working with for this company it was a fast pace environment. I had a lot of responsibities for myself and others to get our work done in a timely manner.
Unpleasant Enviroment
HR SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The requisition doesn't match the job duties. The people are rude and unprofessional.
Working at Koch will change you ...
various positions (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 8, 2013
Pros: excellent leadership / vision, compensation for performance, exciting opportunities, sky is the limit in terms of advancement
Cons: not for wimps, not for liberals, no whiners allowed, hq in wichita
... and I mean that in the most positive way. Koch is by far one of the most educational and exciting places that I have worked. I had so many opportunities to work in jobs I never thought possible. Their management is spectacular and to be respected. It is a very principled organization with very clear values and approach to everything. The culture – more... may be viewed as a little bit "cultish" to an outsider, but when you are on the inside of it, it always interesting, thought-provoking, and expansive. The comp/benefits were kind of strange when I was there. Bonuses were much too subjective for my taste and could lead to a little brown-nosing. Benefits are excellent. I think of Koch as where I got my MBA. I learned so much, so fast. – less

May 14, 2013

If everything you said is TRUE, may I ask why you left the company?

June 7, 2013

easy. I needed to move to a new area for personal / family reasons and they did not have any operations or offices here.

Company operates on several core Values
Business Analyst/Senior Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2013
Pros: starbucks coffee
Company follows the KOCH values. They are culture driven, formerly Georgia Pacific. Parent company to several companies. Corporate office is in Kansas, Service Center is in Atlanta, GA.
great people to work with, good management
IT SPECIALIST SUPPORT (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 12, 2013
Pros: good people to work with, good manager
Cons: cannot advance beyond it, difficult to move to other departments, no increase in pay
answered calls, re-mote to customer's PC's and fixed whatever issues they had. Every call is timed and some calls are screened and monitored for the scorecard. There were 27 different goals to meet with each call. Every day is a busy day. I learned a lot from working in the IT department.
Big Brother is Monitoring You
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: a cold place to work for.
Management at this company speak out of both sides of their mouth and they definitely don't know how to lead by example. They place strong emphasis on results and forget about caring for their employees. It is not a nurturing working environment.
Management spend a lot of time behind closed door instead of out in the open to lead the team. Email and – more... IM are closely monitored. You can forget about HR. They are there to protect the managers not you. Every thing you say will flow directly back to the managers.

Watch for bait and switch. – less
great culture
Reliability Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 29, 2012
Pros: great lunch menus
Cons: nothing
I had a great summer working at Koch, learning and adding value at the same time to the company.
I worked with a large group of engineers, mostly reliability fixed and rotating.
Fun part was traveling to the plants and get to see the equipments.
Help Desk IT support
Service Desk IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2012
Pros: learned how to provide it assistance
Cons: low wages for entry level position
take calls
repair IT issues for my internal customers
Keep a lot of calls taken
Keep a 95% and above on my job performance

About Koch Industries

Koch (pronounced "coke") Industries is the real thing,¬†one of the largest¬†(if not the largest) private companies in the US. Koch's – Read more