Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Love the core values.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2016
Koch's core values are undeniably the right path for an employee base. Integrity and compliance have always aligned with my common sense. Market Based Management is also a mental model that is very natural to me, and provides an exceptional common vocabulary and mental model. For the most part, there are a lot of great people and a lot of great managers at Koch Industries. I cherished my time there.

On the opportunities side, Koch Business Solutions unit needs an overhaul. Their Applications Group is not competitive with external providers in cost, quality, nor competency, and their arrogance and cronyism are against MBM core principles.
Pros
MBM, great core values, great economics-based culture.
Cons
Change is slow, corporate politics and cronyism in small pockets.
Very strong and solvent organization
Project Manager/Technical Architecture Leadership (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2016
I worked with many talented people here, and generally the work was gratifying. The Market Based philosophy was great as a way to run a business, however there were occasions where it did not seem to be applied consistently.
Pros
Stable very solvent
Cons
Vision not consistent across all companies
A LONG TIME AGO -- Koch is a great company
Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 24, 2016
Koch Industries was the best employer I ever worked for... The people and co-workers were nice enough. The management was good and the benefits were good. I learned a lot on this job because I was working with some knowledgeable contractors. Just a great company.
Solid Retirement Benefits
Top Secret (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Take care of long term employees, strong retirement benefits, entrepreneurial. Work hard and you will be rewarded. Follow the MBM if implemented in your department, really helps stretch your ability to be a team player.
Pros
Parent Company Growth is amazing
Cons
A very healthy, professional work place
Corporate Regional Safety & Health Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2016
Koch Industries is a great place to work. They live out the guiding principals day by day. They are very professional and respectful and full of vision.
Great company
Leadership and Management (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNNovember 13, 2016
I have loved working here for the better part of a decade, the company really knows how to take care of it's employees. If you are looking for stability I highly recommend this company.
Good School Job
IEC Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNSeptember 30, 2016
I worked at OSU during my time at school there. It is a great job because you get to study and be close to your teachers when you have any questions. I recommend.
great company to work for
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 2, 2016
Not a bad place to work. There are a lot of smart people who work for Koch. Management was good. Would work for them again if I had the chance.
Professional
Receiving Consultant (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 25, 2016
Professional environment with nice people to work with. Sometimes fast paced, which I like. Great hours 7:00 to 3:00. Receiving invoices from vendors.
industrial service tech (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 9, 2016
Not a bad place to work just needs to full fill promises made to people. I worked as a NH3 tech in the refrigeration department . My bosses were very good to me If it wasnt for the trouble maker on third shift I would still be there. Guy had allnight to install new water pump in the boiler i took it out on first shift and had it set to go back in well 16hrs later when i came back in it still wasnt installed, made me so mad i had to install it took me about an hour, just lazy tail people that had know clue of the work they claimed they knew.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Lazy people
They care about their employees
Secretary - Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 26, 2016
Koch Ind. was a wonderful place to work. Huge company, broken into small companies run by wonderful management. Positive daily feedback and stress free environment.
Temporary employee and per contract
Temporary employee and per contract (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2016
During my temporary work at Koch industries I felt like I was part of the team and contributed to its success. It was a highly rewarding job. the co-workers were all very loyal, supportive and positive. The hardest part part of the job was to challenge myself daily and to always strive to be the best I can, and that is a great work ethic.
Pros
Great challenges and rewarding work
Poor Leadership
project controls (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 13, 2015
Koch Industries utilize a management methodology called MBM. In theroy this methodology fosters a healthy culture, however after working with two separate companies with in Koch industries I have found that the methodology is not practiced. Upper management does not promote free thinking nor do they allow alignment with industry standards.
Pros
Second largest private company, great health benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Was a very challenging place to work.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2016
6:00am tour facility.
7:30am review production results with staff covering all safety and quality concerns. Set goalls with team.
8:00am send out daily production email to president and vice president.
8:30am daily conference call with corporate.
9:00am safety walk through with an on shift hourly team member. 10:00am reviewed on hand raw materials.
10:30am meet with the purchasing department to discuss materials. 11:00 am conference call with marketing team to discuss material sales and shipments.
12:00pm meet with maintence team to discuss maintenance plan. 1:00pm avaliable to meet with vendors or outside personal.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm 1 to 1's with team members to cover growth oppportunities.
3:00pm conference call with corporate compliance team.
4:00pm conference call with Operations Manager to discuss days results.
5:00pm safety walk through with an on shift hourly team member.
6:00pm review days acitivities.
Great Culture
Procurement Analyst - IT Vendor Management Office (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2015
Great Culture to work at. Market Based Management. Value creation promoted. Ability to grow within the company is promoted and encouraged
You are good as long as you bring value to their company
Enterprise Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2015
worked as a network and desktop support engineer for multiple companies within the Koch umbrella.

Original manager was great, then got a new one when mine was promoted to a new role. The new manager and I did not get along as I was not a suck up and just did my job.

shortly after that change he hired two new engineers right out of college, had me train them both and then laid me off as both of them did the same job I did for less money as they were brand new and no experience.

Since KS is a right to work state they can let you go without any reason, excuse or explanation. Koch does this ALL the time.

They do not value their employee's or the experience they bring just the bottom line and where you fit in on that value.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
poor managers that do not help your with advancement, guidance and will replace you with someone cheaper to save on budget in a heart beat.
Great Company
Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 4, 2014
I currently work for KBS service desk. I am very happy with my job, I love what I do, and the people that I work with are great. Management at times seems lost though, and it almost seems to be a black hole working here. I have been here for 1 year and still have not met the requirements that they have set to move forward in the company.
Pros
Great experience, Lots to learn, great training
Cons
Lack of fullfillment, No chance to advancement in career
Big Brother is Monitoring You
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KansasFebruary 14, 2013
Management at this company speak out of both sides of their mouth and they definitely don't know how to lead by example. They place strong emphasis on results and forget about caring for their employees. It is not a nurturing working environment.
Management spend a lot of time behind closed door instead of out in the open to lead the team. Email and IM are closely monitored. You can forget about HR. They are there to protect the managers not you. Every thing you say will flow directly back to the managers.

Watch for bait and switch.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
a cold place to work for.
Koch Industries - Stable but challenging
Associate, Corp. Bus. Dev. (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2014
The company has grown tremendously, but it is not the easiest place to work. So you get the stability, but will not see a level of compensation, management openness (despite the MBM culture), and mobility like in other companies.
Pros
stability, growing rapidly
Cons
culture, advancement, compensation
What you learned
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2015
I learned abundantly oilfield skills. I greatly respected their Safety program; lectures on Hazmat. Gain experience on working with Hazmat resource.
Pros
Prestigious Safety Awards
Cons
Great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.