Koch Trucking Employee Reviews

Good trucks
Current Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2017
They have good trucks I have no problem with that or getting it fix been here 9 years this month and this is the first year I got over $60,000 and I also driven over 1 million miles this year and did not get any kind of pay raise nor did anyone at the company notified me that I drove over 1 million miles the retention manager told me I would get a raise but when I called payroll they said I would not be getting any more raises with the company .47 is all that I will make with this company now they sent out a memo last year with pay scales for different years at higher pay levels but I was told that that was just a one-time thing!!😬
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Top out pay .47 no more raises no matter how many years you stay here
Terrible management. Koch takes advantage of ignorant/desperate drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 29, 2017
Terrible management. Both driver manager and dispatchers operate on a intimidating threatening relationship with driver. Dispatchers and road services always say they never got your qualcom messages and your BOL's so they can delay part or all of your pay for another week or two. Driver manager, payrol and dispatchers all give driver previously used Detention approval authorization codes on purpose causing further Pay check delays or no detention pay at all. I was given a loaded trailer that was tagged out of service for airline break leak as well as two flat trailer tires. How the hostler could couple to trailer and park it in dock with a Red Tag Out on the glad-hand! Not one hostlers ever got reprimanded for doing this as it happened quite a bit.
Pros
Cons
Deplorable management, bad safety program, chain of command not accountable
Productive and Fun place to work
Driver Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 4, 2017
Great company and good people. The people I work with in payroll are fun, and it is a good place to get experience. I like working here, but would like to get more into accounting.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
High driver turnover
fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 26, 2017
fun place to work great benefits good management I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job good coworkers company paid lunches on occasion good ceo
Great company, poor paycheck
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2017
Typical dedicated route. I really didn't learn anything new while being at this company outside of how to drive an automatic truck. My direct dispatcher was not pleasant to work with but the majority of the people, in office positions, are very helpful and good people. The hardest part of the job is not knowing your work schedule. The most enjoyable part is the people in the office.
Pros
Home most nights and off weekends
Cons
No miles and poor paycheck
life on the road
driver/ unload (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2017
its hard to raise a family and be gone away from home for two to three weeks at a time it wasnt easy but with support of family and friends it made it easier
i dont have a problem getting important time off when needed for family
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  ardmore oklahomaNovember 6, 2016
pay not good even for running 6 days a week and insurances is a joke. I have no other job options so I stay with Koch for now. dispatcher is great person to work with and good open door policies with management....but pay/benefits definetly need great improvement...
Pros
home time
Cons
pay/benefits/no real training pay for week your in minisota
Never in my 19 years have I ever been so disappointed with the way I've been treated by this company!
Driver but not for long (Current Employee) –  Midwest regionalSeptember 29, 2016
I've been here 5 weeks and have yet to get a week better than 2000 miles. I've had 3 paychecks and cleared a little over $400 one time the rest have been less than $400. You will do a lot of sitting here getting loaded and unloaded and almost every place you go to is a food warehouse and THEY DONT care about your time. Now we come to getting home. My dispatchers (I've had 2) don't care about getting me home when I ask to be home! They are 3 for 3 at not getting me home! This is the sorriest place I have ever worked. I'm seriously thinking about call Hirschbach because they cant be any worse than this and they promise you $1125 a week if your out there even if you dont get the miles. ANYTHING has got to be better than this company. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. It's been 5 weeks I was told my class of 16 was a small class for orientation they always have more than 20 EVERY week. I know for a fact 1 has quit, I and 2 more are looking and promise each other that we will call the others to let them know where to go. This has got to be the biggest mistake in my life!!!! Stay away! You've been warned!
Pros
There are none
Cons
The pay, time sitting, and the dispatchers!
Great place
Tire Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55108July 30, 2016
fun place to work. with a large chance to grow.
People here are all great and I still have former coworkers i talk to.
the management are great to deal with as well
Pros
room to grow
Cons
nothing i can think of
one of the better small transport co
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2016
This was the 2nd trucking company I drove for. I was pleased till they closed the regional division firing the manager. It was still pretty good until a major customer changed its warehouse system to service Kansas city out of admore, ok. Then I started having trouble getting home and getting enough miles. Was an early APU adopter.
Pros
Volvo's had first low vibration truck so you could actually sleep warm cold.
Cons
wouldn't rehire a non-over night driver. closed regional dispatch operation.
good companpy
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2016
they are great company to work for they were great whwn i got hurt on the job. i do not fault them for what insurance people do. but as a company the are good to work for
Lies
CDL Metro Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2016
Promised many things from position to type of work and nothing true.
Management clueless and this company is incredibly out of touch with drivers! Horrible experience! Incredibly stressful environment and very disorganized. I am 14 year veteran and never seen the likes of this mess!! Equipment not maintained well, have to beg to get DOT violation stuff fixed. Denver metro manager was procrastinator and would rather sit outside and smoke then do work.
Pros
bonus
Cons
pretty much everything else
Great company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2015
Great company to drive for. Very consistent miles and always pre planned well in advance of delivery. Mangers gave good support. Maintenance was never a issue just a simple phone calll and it was taken care of.
management
driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2015
they are very structure and very safe company dispatch was easy to work for.. the management listen when you have a problem and they want to you move up in the company
haul propane
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NHSeptember 3, 2015
Haul propane daily- slow in the summer months. A lot of work in the winter months. Personable people and good working environment
fun
Lumper/Helper (Former Employee) –  bryan ohioMarch 31, 2015
i got to load and unload trucks. i always worked alone which was nice but very boring. ran a pallet jack which took longer than a forklift but im not certified to drive one.
The best of the best
driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis mnMarch 1, 2015
First class.
They value employees.
You respected.
You are appreciated. I just started here.

So far so good.

I have a good feeling about this job. I enjoy working for them, with them.
Pros
treatment
Cons
pay could be better
needs improvements
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2014
company not bad as a whole. needs to rework their communication between drivers and driver managers, as well as involvement of upper management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
communication
Koch Trucking
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 25, 2014
Interacting with drivers and HR to find the best placement. Who to work in a corporate environment. Management was hands on and terrific. The hardest part of the job was having to fire people. The best part of the job was the money from the bonuses.
good company to work for
o.t.r. driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2012
i would tell any trcuk driver who is looking for a solid company to work for this is it