KOCH

KOCH United States Employee Reviews

Interesting people. Great if you like carpentry
Cabinet Line Worker (Current Employee), Seneca, KSAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great insurance!
Paperwork starts the day. As the machine operator begins, I "catch" the parts cut on a laser guided saw. Sort sizes, and stack them onto carts. Each species and profile make one order( ex: shaker and standard... cherry, birch, oak). Small rubber pieces are inserted into the groove of the parts to help shim up the door panel. The cart is then sent on to its next stage.
Great incentives
Custom Painter (Former Employee), Seneca, KSMarch 19, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: short breaks
Very rewarding!!!! I learned how to do and work with custom cabinetry. I was the spray painter/stainer. I worked on all the high end cabinetry. The Supervisor in my area was great to work for, he was very helpful and stern at times. We all worked as a team together in the paint room wish made a day at work easy to get through. The hardest part of my job was to fix mistakes that happened in other parts of the factory. I loved seeing the finished product and see all the artistry that went into completing them and knowing I was a part of that!!!!
Good hours...work with you...decent pay
Paint Room Laborer/Drawer Front Organizer (Current Employee), Hiawatha, KSAugust 16, 2013
Cons: short breaks
The work hours at Koch are 730-4pm. You learn a lot and are treated good. The management is pretty good as well and so are the co-workers for the most part. The factory gets really hot during the summer but it's nothing unbearable. They would even sometimes come around with popcicles to reward us. They have 401k, vacation time, medical insurance, life insurance, and cafeteria plan. Good place to work for.
Chemical Driver
Chemical Driver (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 27, 2013
Pros: perdem
Cons: health care
Work with my co-workers so well and worked as a team.
Learned to oprerate diffrent machines.
Not a hard job , it was easy for me.
And the good thing about it , i would go work and come that same day.
Highly productive environment
Finishing Department Laborer (Current Employee), East Plant, Seneca, KansasFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: health insurance, life insurance.
Cons: short breaks
Update daily schedule. Prioritize orders. Check orders for errors. Check product for errors before going to finishing belt. Report all defects to management, as well as submitting finished schedule getting it ready for the next days list. Assist other areas such as accent glazing, highlighting. We are about 45 employees working in the finish area. Assisting other problem areas while doing own job. Satisfaction in achieving goal.
A Company that NEVER sleeps.
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee), Enid, OkNovember 12, 2012
I learned about KOCH nitrogen, and what KOCH does, I was trained on safety when on the job site, and about lock out tag out.
Mnagement take their jobs and employees safety very serious.
Co-Workers were hard working and dedicated.
The enjoyable part of the job, is I had a great experience with learning about another company as well as broadening my experience.
Enjoyed the work and great pay!
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 11, 2012
Pros: pay, work hours, job description
Cons: management
I enjoyed my job. I am passionate about carpentry , and take pride in my work!