KOCH Employee Reviews

Engineering Projects Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNOctober 2, 2016
Koch inspires each employee to actively search for ways to increase value for our community, the economy, and company. Everyone has the ability to challenge alternatives and seek out the best knowledge to assure we are focusing efforts on the right things and not just doing things right.
Pros
Was taught alot . Like the people I worked with.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSJuly 31, 2016
Clock in at 7am. A lot about everything the company had to offer and some CDL info. My boss was a super cool guy to work with. Everyone there got along well. I even got to drive the company truck. There was nothing hard. and I like a challenge.
Pros
Got to work with some really good people
Cons
Outsourced my job
Great Place!
Tax Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Nice office, convened location, fun team to work with, great management, good benefits package, competitive pay, provided job security, work life balance
Nice Place
Lead Face Framing Department (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KSOctober 26, 2015
Good company, friendly environment, pays doable for amount of work, learn new things everyday, moving up isn't as easy as in could be, but all in all nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly place, pays good for amount of work
Cons
Can learn everything and still not move up in pay ranks as should be.
micromanaged work place
Resident housekeeping Assistant/ on call nanny (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at the job was never like any other. Constantly changed. Worked for a private company and their needs always changed. They always had high expectations of each worker and your effort was never appreciated. Working with coworkers were great everyone worked in a team. The hardest part of the job was never being able to please the boss, she complained about everything. Working in teams were encouraged but never mandatory which I loved very much.
Pros
schedule
Cons
worked like a slave and it was never appreciated
Great incentives
Custom Painter (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KSMarch 19, 2014
Very rewarding!!!! I learned how to do and work with custom cabinetry. I was the spray painter/stainer. I worked on all the high end cabinetry. The Supervisor in my area was great to work for, he was very helpful and stern at times. We all worked as a team together in the paint room wish made a day at work easy to get through. The hardest part of my job was to fix mistakes that happened in other parts of the factory. I loved seeing the finished product and see all the artistry that went into completing them and knowing I was a part of that!!!!
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
short breaks
Highly productive environment
Finishing Department Laborer (Current Employee) –  East Plant, Seneca, KansasFebruary 17, 2013
Update daily schedule. Prioritize orders. Check orders for errors. Check product for errors before going to finishing belt. Report all defects to management, as well as submitting finished schedule getting it ready for the next days list. Assist other areas such as accent glazing, highlighting. We are about 45 employees working in the finish area. Assisting other problem areas while doing own job. Satisfaction in achieving goal.
Pros
health insurance, life insurance.
Cons
short breaks
Good hours...work with you...decent pay
Paint Room Laborer/Drawer Front Organizer (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSAugust 16, 2013
The work hours at Koch are 730-4pm. You learn a lot and are treated good. The management is pretty good as well and so are the co-workers for the most part. The factory gets really hot during the summer but it's nothing unbearable. They would even sometimes come around with popcicles to reward us. They have 401k, vacation time, medical insurance, life insurance, and cafeteria plan. Good place to work for.
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting people. Great if you like carpentry
Cabinet Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Seneca, KSAugust 27, 2014
Paperwork starts the day. As the machine operator begins, I "catch" the parts cut on a laser guided saw. Sort sizes, and stack them onto carts. Each species and profile make one order( ex: shaker and standard... cherry, birch, oak). Small rubber pieces are inserted into the groove of the parts to help shim up the door panel. The cart is then sent on to its next stage.
Pros
Great insurance!
A Company that NEVER sleeps.
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Enid, OkNovember 12, 2012
I learned about KOCH nitrogen, and what KOCH does, I was trained on safety when on the job site, and about lock out tag out.
Mnagement take their jobs and employees safety very serious.
Co-Workers were hard working and dedicated.
The enjoyable part of the job, is I had a great experience with learning about another company as well as broadening my experience.
Chemical Driver
Chemical Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 27, 2013
Work with my co-workers so well and worked as a team.
Learned to oprerate diffrent machines.
Not a hard job , it was easy for me.
And the good thing about it , i would go work and come that same day.
Pros
perdem
Cons
Health care
Enjoyed the work and great pay!
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2012
I enjoyed my job. I am passionate about carpentry , and take pride in my work!
Pros
pay, work hours, job description
Cons
management