Kodak Employee Reviews

Cost Analyst, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 23, 2017
Reviewing costs on Government contracts, tracking Payroll for about 2500 people, running Accounts Payable and Receivables for 12 months in five years. Traveled to Washington several times for business.
Pros
Satisfaction from Supervisors and the Company
Cons
Work flow was unsteady, busy or slow
Company is almost gone
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14653June 20, 2017
Worked there for 20 years - enjoyed the job but the management drove it into the ground and there is not much left of it. Would be skeptical for those interested in working there as viability still uncertain.
Another great work environment.
Senior Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 17, 2017
If is unfortunate that I was there during Chapter 11. I gave up my position so that someone else could stay. I felt that many long-standing Kokak employees got the shaft. I had struggled with another inexperienced manager, but he at least had a heart and some compassion.
Pros
Great benefits, good salary, ability to have life outside of the work place.
Cons
Inexperience managers put into to a position that they really didn't understand.
Enjoyed working for this company which things would have worked out for the sooner.
Worldwide Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2017
Worked for Kodak for 26 years before down size in May 2012. Enjoyed work environment and co-works. Worked as Buyer for digital accessories doing purchasing both overseas and the US.
great opportunity
Chemical Plan System Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2017
The hours are long and the schedule can be crazy due to the shift work but the environment and opportunities to grow and learn as an employee are endless. I like putting my mind at work and knowing that I am responsible for a finish product and take pride in that.
Pros
great atmosphere and great bunch of people
Cons
medical benefits
Kodak
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2017
Phenomical Company. My whole family worked there. I miss it. They took care of their employees.

I worked in Kodak Medical where I made $28,. I needed to go to school to improve my income so I did. Worked full time, earned a degree and increased my pay by $10k!
Pros
downsizing constantly
Cons
family atmosphere
Alot of fun working here!
Industrial saftey and security (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2017
This was a long time ago before Kodak went over seas and most jobs left.Great people great company.Easy jobs loved working here! Supervisors were great you would receive your reviews and raises on time and made good money.Factory was clean and heated and air conditioned.
Best place I ever worked!
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2017
I completely enjoyed my time at Kodak. It was a great place to work and they paid us well for years and years. I learned so many things at Kodak, I could not possibly list them. Our management trated us fairly and with the utmost respect. Ther was always something else to do if you wanted to try something new and plenty of training.
The best part was being a part of something as well as the people I worked with. The worst part was watching it end and having to leave
Fun place to work, horrible manager
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 31, 2017
Take photos of guests, sell photos to guests, edit photos of guests. work at a visitor center complex on government property, but not a government employee.
The company was a good place to work in its day
Instrumentation designer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2017
The company changed so much when digital came into the world and Kodak did not want to accept that the consumer would be an active player in this role as well.
Then it was all down hill from there.
Great job,Liked being independent
Merchandising Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 26, 2017
Liked the travel of calling and servicing various stores.Liked being my own boss so to speak and take care of my customers each day.Great management allowed more freedom, great normal day shift.
back in the day Kodak was a wonderful place to work
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 22, 2017
I would start of my day running reports to view what material had to be ordered. Then I would look in Amaps to see what orders customers had placed for labels
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
sometimes very stressful
Its ok
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ootawah tnMay 20, 2017
Its ok but the hr side doesnt have a clue of wats going on.....the enginnering dep. Doesnt have a clue either but other than that it is a great place to work but have dumb ppl
Changing environment
Web Content Programmer (Level III) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 17, 2017
Eastman KODAK is always restructuring on every quarter. There are constant layoffs within the business.Hard to find stability within the business model
the company filed bankrupt
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 13, 2017
the company filed bankrupt and laid off its' entire sales force, so there was nothing anyone could do to prevent the lay offs from happening. it was a company that didn't change with the times
Lack of work and lacks incentives.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 13, 2017
12 hour shifts on 2 day, 2 night rotation. Lacks incentives to keep good workers and terrible benefits. Job isn't hard, but must be able to learn on the move. Good co workers and makes days enjoyable but lacks structure.
Great people
FPEG RFS FORMULATION TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Roc.NYMay 11, 2017
Great pay, Great people. Not micromanaged. Able to attend many training courses. Not much advancement, non existent pay raises.
Hard thing is to see good people leave from down-sizing's over the last 10 years
Pros
Full time
Cons
No advancement
Excellent place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at Kodak immensely, it was fun and productive and a pleasant work environment. I think this was the most pleasant experience ever,
Pros
Provided excellent incentives
Cons
Went out of business
No positive recognition for many years of service
Safety, Environmental and Hazmat Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2017
I would not recommend working for Kodak to anyone ever.
Always someone looking over your work and second guessing your work and others. Mostly management style as they were always in fear of losing their job.
Pros
Can't think of anything positive
Cons
Leadership from the top down
great benefits
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
deep night assignments
careful what you say and what you do.
strict management difficult shift managers to work for.
get in and get out
late night hours
going home after shift
benefits
Cons
hours and management
Official response from Kodak
May 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had some negative experiences during your time at Kodak. We do try to offer accommodating shifts to employees but some roles require flexibility on our employee part. We try to be very upfront when an employee is hired what will be expected of them in the role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kodak. Our community is ready to answer.