Kodak Employee Reviews in United States

weak company
Product pack material handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2016
no cust.orders to assemble and pack in first two wks of month, then 5 -6 six orders to assemble and pack last week of month . Little or no pay increase /compensation for over 5 and half years, reducing benefits every year.or pay more out of own pocket. layoffs , reduction of workforce ,every quarter , making the workforce thats left too small and added more responsibility, co-workers that are left where great bunch of folks to work with .
Pros
co-workers
Cons
upper management, job security, compensation/benefits
Machine Operator, Manufacturing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 31, 2016
My years at Kodak were for the most part enjoyable and I looked forward to coming to work. I had great friends to work with as a team and we got the job done daily. I had 4 - 5 jobs while I was there which made it interesting. Worked mostly the swing shift. I was able to switch off certain shifts I didn't care for which made it nice. I do not have a quality job now like I did at Kodak. I am in a union and I dislike unions. Kodak's performance based culture is superior to unions if you are a responsible worker, come to work everyday and perform your job, not hard really. Kodak rewarded good performance. Unions reward poor performers, believe me.
One of the things that bothered me at Kodak was how certain people, (supervisors pets, brown nosers), got a little better perks and opportunities. I did not fall into that category. For that reason I was let go from "downsizing", in the year 2000. Contrary to my ill will towards that day, I am now trying to get back into Kodak, since I work in a union now at my present job and the "poor performers" are prevalent. Hopefully Kodak will give me another opportunity.
Pros
Performance based culture, good wages and benefits
Cons
swing shift, long drive to work, (35 miles)
A typical day would start with a "morning market" to review the past 24 hours of manufacturing. Follow up items and or projects would be reviewed.
Process Technician/Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 10, 2015
The biggest disappointment with Kodak was the continuous downsizing of manufacturing operations. It was know at the time it was upper managements goal to eventually shut down the Film making operation. This led to a disheartened work force. But even with that, co-workers worked together to do the best job they could every day of the week.
Pros
co-workers, good pay and benifits
Cons
upper managements determination to end the film manufacturing business, downsizing every year
Kodak was a part of my life for a very long time.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  N.Y. N.Y. / DC Metro RegionOctober 16, 2015
I was with Kodak in the glory days and I was there during the rough times. Kodak printers are still very good products and challenging to work on and Kodak trained Field Engineers are among the best in the business however lack of new products and inconsistent messages from management clouds the future of the company in the print industry. The workforce there is about as lean as it can get.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, GREAT people to work with.
Cons
Potentially long hours over large distances.
Qualex Process
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 1, 2015
The days were eventful yet the average day ran into lengthy hours. The management was too concerned about personal image over employee or client relationships. The best part of this job was being able to get out into the open air and to travel locally to various locations. The hardest part of the job was the super fast growth and the managers ability to hire enough manpower to keep a stable work environment. Health and Safety were at times looked over to accomplish the task at hand. A great team effort was established to work together to help lighten the load, this by far was the highlight of the employees work ethics.
Pros
Travel compensation, employee lunches at many restaurants.
Cons
Long work hours into double shifts without fair compensation. Working every holiday
Great Company.
District Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 6, 2015
Worked more than 20 years at Kodak, and enjoyed it every year.
I had to take the difficult decision to leave due to the financial issues the company was at, and after several years of no salary raises.
I was asked a few weeks ago if I made a mistake leaving Kodak, and my answer was: Financially, No. But taking in consideration all other aspects, Yes.
I still miss Kodak, and their business culture.
Pros
Growth Opportunities. Excellent career development.
Cons
No salary increases several years.
Creative and fun working place
Logistics Department / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  C30August 17, 2015
1. A typical day at work was always challenging because that was the first time Kodak set up in Shantou, China
2. I leaned US culture and Kodak culture.
3. It was a well managed company.
4. All the coworkers were young and enthusiastics.
5.The hardest part of the job was unexpected new problems always came up and we had to find ways to solve it without experience.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was challenging.
Pros
Bonus, share, annual salary raise, family insurance
Was once a great place to work.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 8, 2016
Was a good place to work until they lost huge markets and were forced to bankruptcy. Now future there is uncertain. Received invaluable training and experience there.
Pros
Good benefits compensation.
Cons
Uncertain future.
Challenging and interesting jobs though out my 35 years career
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2016
Love my 35 years at Kodak... it was challenging and I addressed new issues constantly in different departments in Kodak. I would monitor processes and use Statistical control methods to insure the processes stayed in control ( 6 sigma aim/limits )
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
I worked at Kodak many years, and for most of the years Kodak was the greatest place to work.
Quality Control Testing (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMay 12, 2016
I had a variety number of jobs at Kodak. I learned about the big corporate culture, worked with many different people, had a lot of versatility, and the most I learned about people, there are a lot of really good people! Even though Kodak was so big, what ever job I had, it was like our own little company (each department), but we were all incorporated into the big company.
Pros
Great benefits, great people, great training, variety of jobs and chances for advancement
Cons
Too many layers of management, the decline of Kodak was hard for everyone
Good company for employment before downsizing began
Production Planner/Scheduler/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2015
Worked in many different production departments. Enjoyed the personalities of all the people I worked with, plenty of opportunities for advancement At the end management decisions turned out to be the downfall of the company.
Pros
Good benifits and normally a wonderfall yearly bonus
Cons
Indecision and politics within management
Service
Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 15, 2015
They treat their employees as a number and you are constantly hearing about Layoffs.
When you do get laid off they renege on the benefits that you should get.
While the upper management still get there Golden Parachutes.
Cons
Management appears to not have any direction
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 26, 2016
I was an assembler. This isn't your typical assembly job. It's not on a production line. The jobs are pretty technical so you aren't pressured for quantity, their first priority is quality. It's a very laid back atmosphere. The hours are the best! The pay could be better but they offer great benefits. The company has changed hands many times. I left for better pay some place else and now regret it.
Pros
The best hours! 1st shift is 6a-2:30p mon-fri, paid holidays off.
Cons
Pay isn't the worst but could be better
Great people/ Company not what it use to be
CNC/ Precision Grinding Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Work for Eastman Kodak for a long time. I've developed a lot of good friendships and have learned a lot of different job and skills that I can take with me in my new ventures. The company itself is not what it use to be. Not only isn't it keeping up with the times and inovation of today but because of it the employee is losing out every year with bad heath care plans, low or NO bonuses and no raises
Pros
The People
Cons
Heathcare
Slow to change, no room to grow.
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2016
I've been with the company and on the same project for many years. I've been through many layoff events and no matter what they say it is very stressful even when you are not affected. I've seen the same people in the same management position for years and they make the same decisions. I've seen the desire to eliminate hardware several times and every time they have come to the conclusion that we can't do it because this is what is generating the profits.
Good place to work, made some lifelong freinds
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2016
KODAK in its heyday was a good company to work for. Compensation and benefits were excellent. Co-workers were great and became friends outside of work. Still see some of them on occasion. Places of employment like this are unfortunately gone for good.
Pros
Compensation and benefits were great, people generally got along
Cons
Started going downhill around 2001, poor decisions by management led to it's rapid downfall
Results driven environment with a must do approach
Transition Manager, Micro 3D Printing & Packaging (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2016
Lead a group of senior managers and executives to build out and agree on a set of SOW (Statements Of Work) that enable the business to stand alone
those 6 questions were easy to answer
lead man supervisor, dispatcher, driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 18, 2015
Kodak was a great place to work fun great atmosphere great people must have had 60 different jobs while I was employed there. Hard to watch people go and eventually lose your job all I did as many was work hard and make somebody elses job a little easier. Extremely hard to be notified at 530 in the morning after working all night that I was not going to be retained in 2011
Pros
The people doing different jobs
Cons
losing my job because of outsourcing and downsizing
Theres no wonder why they went bankrupt
Trainer and Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2015
I saw this company change rapidly over 7 years. Although I was a victim of downsizing, I observed a culture of management that rewarded consistency - meaning do what we've always done because the Kodak way is proven.

This inflexibility is what caused the company to die. I miss working here though. It was unique.
Pros
The name and the prestige
Cons
Instability and no long term vision
Great Culture and High Company Values
Technical Manager/ Central and West Regional Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2016
Fantastic job while it lasted. Technology transfer from film to digital impacted the business economy to scale. Best job I ever had! Company assisted program paid for my college tuition.
Pros
People. Transparency, Technology. Trustworthy, Developement
Cons
Film Industry went under