Kodiak Island Borough School District Employee Reviews

Great school system with music, art, technology and vocational training and special ed classes
Native Education Aide II and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKApril 25, 2016
This community has the support of the families of students and provides opportunities for students, teachers and parents to work together with the school board to make a dynamic school district.
Pros
Good family support for students, good discipline
Cons
Substitute teachers should be hired as full-time employees if they work everyday.
Friendly
Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKNovember 6, 2013
It was a joy to work for the KIBSD. Everyone is very welcoming and the teachers are very appreciative to have capable substitutes for when they need to be out of the classroom.
Great job working with the students and co-workers
Instructional Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKSeptember 3, 2013
I loved my job working at the Kodiak Island Borough School District. I enjoyed being with the kids on a daily bases. It was challenging at times seeing some of the kids troubled lives, but was worth every minute of it. My co-workers were great to work with but at times we could all get on each others nerves. It was difficult sometimes with the long winter months with us all feeling a little claustrophobic. I was truly sad when I left this job, this was the most rewarding, fun, and at times tiring job I have had.
Pros
Working directly with the students, planning special events, great location (Alaska)
Cons
Watching some of the students go through rough times at such a young age