Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was good
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 22, 2017
Was only getting 8 hours a week but this 7 years ago so things could have changed. I did enjoy working there overal during Christmas time my hours would go up a lot. The environment was friendly and only stressful when it was a busy weekend and lots of clothes and products to stock.
Pros
Friendly, calm, fun environment
Cons
Lots of clothes to hang and fold.
Bad Managment
Part Time Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 22, 2017
disrespecful management. no benefits for part time employees.
managers walk away from you while you talk to them. you never know your schedule until you go to store.
cashier (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 22, 2017
I would check customers out. If my register was slow I would then Straighten up racks and tables. They managers where very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. they were very friendly.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
no health insurance
You don’t get paid nearly enough
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Had to work every weekend and when I asked for Sunday’s off they refused and kept scheduling me and your always on your feet and have to be comfortable asking about credit.
Pros
Great conworkers
Cons
A lot
Very fast paced environment,very competitive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 22, 2017
I was a temporary worker for the warehouse. I was hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and had a high turnover rate. I didn’t like the shift that I was assigned,it was an overnight shift.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overnight
fun place to work
Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 22, 2017
I started at working for kohl's only buring the holidays like thanksgiving and christmas

I learned to be happy with my job

the mangement was great

the hardest part was woring the hole day tlike at 5 am to 5pm on black friday

the part that I liked was that they gave you food
Pros
close to home fun place to work
Cons
had to ask staff what to do
It's okay
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CASeptember 22, 2017
When working the midday shift they many times will only have one person for a whole department and it's difficult to keep everything organized especially when a large influx of people decide to all try on clothes at the same time. A rotating schedule is hard to put up with. It's okay, it's a job and isn't intellectually demanding at all.
Kohl's can be a fun place to work but there is very little chance for career advancement
Home Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wood Village, ORSeptember 22, 2017
I worked at the District Headquarters Kohl's in the Pacific NW for 7 years. My main goal was to enter into Management so I could move up the ladder and make more money. That never happened, Kohl's changed their policies for hiring Managers-in-Training. They used to hire from within their current employee base anyone who had the interest and experience to justify moving into Management. Now, they hire Assistant Managers directly from the list of Graduates of local colleges with degrees in either Retail Management or Merchandising. Only select colleges are eligible, so check first to make sure they have a contract with Kohl's at the college of your choice. For the rest of us, it's now just another job unless you're willing to go back to college and seek a degree in either of those disciplines. Kohl's has now become only a great "temporary" place to work while you're seeking a career elsewhere that offers better advancement opportunities.
Pros
Although most employees are part time, you can often pick up more hours by taking the shifts of other employees who have requested time off, It's like a family atmosphere and you'll make a lot of good friends working at Kohl's
Cons
Often only get a handful of hours per week of scheduled time, not enough hours to justify having open availability
Must be comfortable soliciting credit
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 21, 2017
Kohl's is an inclusive place to work which I have always found lovely. They will hire a wide range of age groups as well as genders and ethnicities. I enjoyed the customer interactions, most were very forthcoming and kind as long as the associate extends a genuine smile and greeting. There are down sides to the job too, as with any job. The most frustrating would be how impatient the management can be on any given day when the associates have not accrued enough solicited credit cards. It can be difficult to get customers to open a kohls charge card account but the managers always expect everyone to try harder. In fact, most kohl's stores have a general requirement that associates sign up at least 1 customer per week with a kohls credit card. For associates working the registers, their requirement is 1 customer credit PER SHIFT. That can be slightly stressful especially on a slow day.
Good Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 21, 2017
I work as the Misses Manager and enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot and made some great friends. I was responsible for displaying stock, replenishing stock and maintaining the floor as well as the dressing rooms. It was a easy place to work and comfortable environment. The hardest part was difficult customers. The manager was cool and very personable.
Pros
Discounts
Fun place to work
Beauty Consultant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 21, 2017
very fast paced environment, required to obtain credit card accounts required to get alot done in a short amount of hours,have to volunteer you time for the community ,
Pros
great discounts
Cons
management picks favorites in the work place
Fun place to work when management is good
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTSeptember 21, 2017
Easy traditional retail job, but became difficult to balance school and having another job when management wanted employees to be more available. Customer Service was the hardest part about the job.
Fun and busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I really did not get to experience the work experience there long enough to get a feel on how tings worked. I was only there as a seasonal sales associate.
Busy, fun and teamwork
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 21, 2017
While working at Kohl's I like the team players, management team, overtime and cashiering. My experience there was very educational, exciting and sometimes stressful.
Pros
employees were treated great, chance for advancement
Cons
not enough hours, and pay was to low for the work you had to do
good pace
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 21, 2017
The pace of the job was to my liking not to fast and not to slow. kept me occupied through out the day. Very friendly environment. All the other coworkers were very friendly to one another.
dont work here
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 21, 2017
horrible expirence i idint like the change hen john left the store. Before he left the store was fun and live. People here couldnt wait to get inside to work.
Pros
John
Cons
everything eelse
It is an okay place if you are looking for part-time work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there but the schedule was never really fixed. You would get put in a different section everyday and sometimes it was difficult to recover the merchandise at the end of the night because it may have only been you in your section.
Stock Associate- don't recommend
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORSeptember 21, 2017
Not a desirable place to work long-term. If you have experience in retail it's an easy transition. Overall the training takes a long time, and by the time you complete it, you only want to work there for about a week. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I started working here and they couldn't care less when it came to sympathy, and the time I needed to take her to appointments.
Pros
holidays are fun at work
Cons
schedule is inconsistent
nice atmosphere
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MESeptember 21, 2017
i like the atmosphere for the most part hours were nt bad when i did get on the schedule. my only thing is im not te pushy type so selling kohls cards was hard and that puts your job in jeporady
Pros
free food in breakroom
Cons
selling kohls cards
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
flexible hours, good pay, much overtime. This is a job that comes in handy for many people who look for good temporary work. Especially around the holiday season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.