Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 7,805 reviews matching the search
It was okay
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 24, 2016
Fun place to work nice clothes. Working at kohls is like having a second family. I can say the whole 4 hrs a day really sucked but I had more than enough time to do things in my personal life.
Very fast pace and work with a wonderful team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 24, 2016
Great Company to work for. Fast pace and learn something new everyday. Great Management Team and co-workers. I have been with Kohl's for over 9 years. I enjoy helping customers and my co-workers
Fun but hard work
Cashier/Shoes/Floor/Overnight (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 23, 2016
The management isn't always on the same page, but overall are fun and easy going. During the holidays there is a blackout period.
Great place to get a foot into the retail door.
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I worked part-time while going to school full-time. Great place to work for college students due to the flexibility given for a full-time school schedule.
Pros
Great discounts.
Cons
Pay is not the best.
Decent
Cherry Picker - Logistic production (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Decent work for starters would like more room to advance however great for those wanting to get their foot in the door of retail would be a good opportunity.
Enjoyed doing make overs and selling.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
Kohl's is a relaxed working environment and pleasant place to work. I loved my co-workers. I learned that Kohl's is not like large department stores. It is very unique and the store manager lacks knowledge of how much profit a successful cosmetic and fragrance business can add to the overall success of the store. He is more interested in saving payroll. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of organization and having to cover jewelry as well. I believe jewelry is separate from beauty and fragrance. I completely enjoyed engaging customers in facials and make overs.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work if you're used to being on your feet all day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2016
As a sales associate in the housewares department, I spend most of my days in that section of the store. I do anything from putting merchandise away, returning items that were returned to their rightful places multiple times a day, keeping my area clean, changing prices on objects, and so much more. I learned how to use a cash register my second day on the job so that I am ready to backup when needed. I also learned to manage my day and decide when my breaks are needed, as they are not taken at designated times. Management is amazing and very understanding, especially of new employees who have lots of questions. The co-workers are very helpful in teaching me things that I do not know how to do or do not know what they are. The hardest part of the job is definitely being on your feet for roughly 6-8 hours, with only a 15 minute break if you work 6 hours, or 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch if you work 8 hours. It definitely takes getting used to. My feet are still aching every day after roughly a month of working there, but it's worth it and they're getting better. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends and the appreciation you get when you help customers to find items they are looking for. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it makes it totally worth it.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
feet hurt after standing and walking for hours
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Open the building and start prepping for opening. Hold a morning huddle where I let team know of any updates or information such as sales and coupons available for the customer. Once open, stay at the front of the store supervising lanes and walk to fitting rooms to make sure they are being kept clear. Help with any problems that might arise with customers and check registers in case they need change or advances. Check all departments to see if they are being properly maintained.
It was a great learning experience
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for Kohls because they had a set schedule aside from being a retail store. They cared about our families and spending quality time with them as well.
Awesome company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 21, 2016
Awesome place to work. Management was great about everything- breaks, meals, schedule requests/changes, answering any questions. I really loved working here and would have stayed if they compensated more than minimum wage.
Pros
Friendly work environment, awesome break room
Great Place to Work -- Poor Work/Life Balance
Assistant Store Manager-- HR/Ops (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 21, 2016
I love working for this company and love the people that I work with. The hours that are required of their salaried employees do not provide a positive work/life balance.

Typical day is positive, it keeps you busy.
Pros
Employee Discount, Customers, Daily Responsibilities
Cons
Long hours, multiple weekends, poor management
Productive and great experience.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Kohl's is my first job and I've learned how to be more social. Interacting and meeting people is what I love most about my job there. The hardest part working there is try to help as many people as you can at once and/or finding what the customer needs when it's not in store.
Good place for high school students
Kohl's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 21, 2016
I like the job it's a great place to work, it's just not what fits me my schedule needs a bit more structured scheduling. I am a full time student and a full time mom and without having a structured scheduling it's kind of an obstacle for me.
Pros
Great employees, great enviornment, great job
Cons
Not a fit for my schedule.
A laid back work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2016
Whenever I wasn't helping a customer check out or find something they needed, the atmosphere of my job was fairly relaxed compared to other positions I've worked in.
fast paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 21, 2016
always busy. learned how to make displays with maniquines management was great co-workers were awesome hardest part of the job was it was only seasonal everyday was enjoyable
Pros
Holiday potlucks
Cons
short breaks
Exercising while working!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work to me is getting the job done correctly and efficiently as possible & enjoying the job. Working with the co-workers & Manager is a must! The hardest part of my job was trying to get the ladder down some of the aisles. I enjoyed the changing of the beds & putting up new back wall graphics. Decorating the store with the holiday trim was fun!
Fast paced environment that requires time management and team work.
Huntington Beach - Home/Shoes Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 21, 2016
Typical sales job consists of maintaining your department, assisting customers, various projects, and offering great customer service.
Pros
Multiple breaks, great coworkers
Cons
poor management, lack of advancement, and rude customers
Hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 20, 2016
I somewhat enjoyed working for kohl's ,the job itself was easy to learn not much to it. A typical day at work was always busy with customers . Management was always friendly and some coworkers were friendly others were not.
Pros
Nice clothes and we got a discount
Cons
Work shortage
Very interacting and pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 20, 2016
It was a great experience working somewhere with the type of clothing I love. I love customer service and working as a cashier let me connect with customers. I always wanted to see my customers happy and when I would see them I would do my best to put a smile on their face.
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Long work hours
Department Store
Temporary/Part-Time while attending EKU (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Department work, typically assigned to designated department.
Management was very strict, but fair.
Enjoyed communication and atmosphere of the work environment.