Kohl's Department Stores, Inc

Kohl's Department Stores, Inc Employer Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJune 10, 2014
Pros: great employee discount, fun environment
A typical day at work was always great. I learned a lot of new skills while working here. I learned great customer service skills as well as communication/people skills. I also learned how to operate a cash register. Management here was awesome, all the managers were always nice and helpful and always had a sense of humor. My co-workers were also very – more... friendly and helpful and fun to work with. There was never no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working for this company. – less
Dynamic and interesting place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Rogers, MNJune 2, 2014
Fun environment to work in. Fast-paced, highly dynamic. Great team atmosphere.
robotic position, hight turn over, stock clerks arent the most respected postion
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 19, 2014
wasnt my best work experience. easy job. inconsistent hours
Ok place to work
Customer Service/POS Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: benefits for part time
Cons: pay
POS is only parttime and if its busy then you will stand in the same place up to 8 hours with short breaks between.
Fun to work store side, difficult in the Loss Prevention field.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: store team, healthcare.
Cons: leadership, opportunities for advancement
Busy days without having time to get all of job responsibilities done, regardless of time management skills. Learned leadership skills and how to connect with a store side team. Management store side was fantastic and helpful, while LP side was difficult and strained. Co-workers were great, but worked alone in a store often.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 7, 2014
The management and co-workers were great
It is a busy and demanding environment
How have to pick up on things quickly
The hardest part would be working to keep the store organized especially on holidays
The most enjoyable part is helping customers find exactly what they are looking for
Fast paced in holiday season
Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Working at Kohl's is a great job I like my customers and getting to know new people. The managers are friendly and easy to talk to, people I work with are great hardworking individuals. The hardest part about my job is actually the funnest part, its when its the holidays, fast paced lots of customers and makes your day feel quick even if its long.
Friendly managers and clear expectations
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), Adrian, MIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: discounts, flexible scheduling, annual raise based on performance, lots of in-store promotions
Cons: often told to abandon your department to help elsewhere due to inadequate coverage, no benefits for part-time but constantly reminded of the benefits for full-time, very little payroll, emphasis on soliciting credit cards
Strong emphasis on "team effort" which usually was beneficial, but often was detrimental. Not a good environment for someone who prefers to work alone and doesn't believe in solicitation.
Progressive in IT field but lacked a true work / life balance culture
Project Management / Tech Team Lead (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2013
Pros: excellent it organization
Cons: lack of concern for the individual.
Kohl's turned a lackluster IT department into an area leader in the field. There were casualties along the way due to some high-risk projects.

The company is led by an excellent management team which has grown the enterprise from a local department store to a nationwide household name in about 15 years.
Its an okay place to work if you go to school
Replenishment/ Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee), Westchester, CAMay 6, 2013
Its a good place to work if one does not want to grow or just want a part time job.
Underwhelmed
misses (Current Employee), paramus,njMay 4, 2013
Pros: what pros...flexible scheduling...seemingly nice employees
Cons: pay...management...lack of hours...rude
I barely am tolerated. I had my orientation and was supposed to receive a call with a schedule. Never did. Week goes by I call and get a very nasty manager. I need a job badly with this market so I didn't yell or get angry. I came in for training was supposed to get my next shift...was told I'd get a call...never did. I called again as another week – more... has passed by...again the manager chews me out and calls me by the wrong name. No schedule. I get a phone call now after another week asking what has happened to me and now all of a sudden I'm on the schedule. Are you serious? Just bad business. I have no clue what is expected of me and the pay is extremely low. Employees badmouth and swear at each other. I've only had two shifts. Its unbearable. – less
KSS Review
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 22, 2013
Great stable company to work for. Got a very good understanding of the Corporate culture and what you have to do to move up. Working there is very demanding. However depending on your management structure the work life balance is better in some areas rather than others.
Worked 10-hour shifts, 4 days a week
Transportation Department Clerical and Dispatcher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILMarch 12, 2013
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: stress level was enormous at times in transportation office
Sole responsibility of Transportation Office and Dispatch duties during the night shift. Assisted in problem solving issues for the building. The job required the ability to excel in constant multi-tasking.
productive and friendly work enviroment great place to work if you like to stay busy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Robinson, PAMarch 6, 2013
working for khol's helped me to improve my organization skills. working n 3 diffrent department and with diffrent people taught me how to manage my time alot better to get all my responsibilities handled before my day was over. this store is a very friendly and well manored production. all my co-workers were very helpful with showing me the right way – more... to do things and to help costumers to their satifaction. – less
Loved the job and all of the employees also. Fun enviorment
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 4, 2013
Always enjoyed going to work and the people I worked with. They were all very helpful whenever I had questions about anything along with management as well. Very fun, safe enviornment and work place and would definitely work there again. If I could have recieved more hours I would have definitely stayed.
Nice location
AREA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 20, 2013
Good stepping stone. Advanced training. Great co-workers.
it was cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: discounts, retail
Cons: customers complain
I learned more about the retail career, also customer service. Co workers were enjoyable as well as the environment. Hardest part of my work was to clean up after customers, but it made the time past by.
Kohls
Cashier (Current Employee), Romeoville, ILSeptember 7, 2012
I have been for the company Kohls for 5 years now. I must say, the time has flown by. The management since I have been there, I've seen people come and go pretty often. The benefits I take with me would be my great credit solicitor skills, which I didn't walk in there thinking I would be top in credit for my district, but I am. I would say the hardest – more... part of my job, I can't really think of anything that would be considered hard. Having great customer service skills comes easy to me, and working with customers nonstop, its my job to provide the service that I do to each and every customer, I am good at what I do and I do it well. The co- workers that I worked with, like I said, people come and go but I say all in all, its an ok environment. Definitely not somewhere I would picture myself being in the future. It's a retail environment, you get what you get pretty much! – less
Not Your Typical Retail Company
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: limited scope of work
Overall enjoyable work environment despite somewhat physically demanding work environment
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2012
My typical day at Kohl's was going in, going to my department to see if the fitting rooms looked okay, and if they were I would go look to see how the floors looked, or go fold clothes that were out of place. I would also clean up the fitting room, ask how the customers were, and see if they needed help.

What I learned from working at Kohl's is time – more... management and how to fold clothes properly.

I liked some of my managers. Some unfortunately were not very nice to the workers and wouldn't help the workers if they had questions, Which made it hard to do certain jobs correctly. Otherwise I loved most of my managers and supervisors.

Co-workers were great. We all worked as a team and we got things done on time.

The hardest part of my job was making sure things were perfect before the next day if someone like the manager of the store came by to check on how well we did our jobs and how well the store was running.

The most enjoyable part was cleaning the fitting rooms. Because I organized the clothes and put them back where they belonged. – less

About Kohl's Department Stores, Inc

Based in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, Kohl's Department Store offers national brands at locally competitive prices. Their departments – Read more