Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Individual responsiblity and supervision
Extrusion Technician/ Shipping Order Picker (Former Employee), Union City, TNMay 14, 2015
Everyday was a new day when it came to what was expected as orders created erratic work schedules but had plenty of responsibility and freedom to work at a efficient pace.
kohler was a very great place to work,great benefits,great people
Detailer (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXApril 30, 2015
i enjoyed day at work got along with everyone,even helped get a sok ready for george bush.this at first was hard,because i never worked in a factory ,but the associates made it easy to get used to.
Kohler Company at its finest
Cashier (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Amazing employees!
Cons: none
Working Woodlake was an amazing experience. Knowing that Woodlake Market was part of the ever diverse Kohler Company made every employee appreciate their job, including myself. We were (are for current employees) part of something greater and the image Kohler puts out reflected back on us. I personally loved all the events Woodlake participated in because it drew in different types of customer demographics and one can learn about different views of life.
forklift and coworkers
Product Technician (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 20, 2015
I picked products for different company's, I dollied bathtubs to skids. I drove 3 different forklifts, stand up, sit down and the high picker. I enjoyed my co-workers. Management left a lot to be desired. It was hard to communicate with management because staff was so large. I got laid-off in 2008 amd went back for a temp job in till 2010.
Self-Fulfillment Company - Good Place to Work and Learn
Finance Position (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Learning Culture and Goal Orientated to meet Employee/Company Objectives
Cons: Answers to questions sometimes don't come as fast as you like.
Great learning and work culture. It is up to you how you want to value and meet objectives with your job. The company provides the learning tools and technology to help you in your job.
Overall A Great Company To Work For
Engineer (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 7, 2015
Diverse company with a lot of opportunity to grow and learn. Day-to-day is busy, but expectations are fair and reasonable. There is a sense of pride instilled with working at a company steeped in history and culture. Co-workers are pleasant in demeanor and generally skilled/engaged in their jobs. However, the "old, large company" corporate structure & culture can sometimes impede creativity and freedom to implement meaningful improvements on a large scale without direct upper management direction.
Fun family oriented company with good benefits
Storeroom Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Downsizing
Very supportive of their employees dealing with major illness or disability. Good benefit program with 401K and retirement benefits. Fair opportunity for advancement.
An energetic workplace with good people striving for productivity.
Highlighter (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARApril 1, 2015
Pros: Being allowed to leave for lunch and allowed to have a music device
Cons: Short breaks and being aloud to clock in early but not being paid to do so.
Typical day of work consist of ten hours working together to meet a common goal. One thing that this job has taught me is time mangament and how to become more driven. The managers were excellent leaders and worked just has hard as the employees. There was nothing too hard about the job but I did learn new skills to enhance my job performance.
Productive / fun workplace
Production / Assembly (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARMarch 22, 2015
Pros: ability to learn new skills
Productive / fun workplace enviroment. Would reccomend to others.Management and co workers top notch. Always on the job training avalible for those loking to learn new skills.
Very good place to work for.
Racker (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 9, 2015
This company I worked for before my son was born and continued to work for after his birth and my pending leaving.
They were very good to me during the time my son was having health problems after his birth.
great workplace
Sub assembly (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day of work is you clock in at 5:55 in the morning get your assignment like which workstation you will be at that day you get your paperwork you need to keep up with how much production you do that day. The management was very nice as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was working from 6 to 6 and being on your feet all that time. The best part is you work two off two work three off two and everyother weekend off and you could work on the days you had off for overtime because the orders were always so big.
Stressful and low engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers are wonderful people
Cons: inexperienced supervisors, lack of engagement, micromanaged
If you like to be micromanaged then this is the job for you. Plan to be stressed out to the max and be prepared for the management team to just continue piling more on to meet their metrics. The engagement of the department has gone down considerably in the last year due to the lack of a strong management team - not to mention they are again recruiting for another department manager after just 2 years. The co-workers are wonderful people, but the job is fast paced and intense. The turn-over is also very high so chances of gaining full time employment within the department will be very low and it is very hard to advance after you become a regular CSR. Breaks are offered, but they are rarely taken. Good luck!
Fortune 100 Great Places to Work for a Reason
Project Leader - Global Cash Management (Current Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flex hours, good pto for new associates, respect for associate opinions
Cons: brokers are up there w doctors/lawyers, can be tough, but unless you work directly with them all the time - you're good.
Part of the regular work day: Good job, good thinking, how's your work load?

There are no "unwritten" rules that you have to live & breathe work 60+ hours/week to get promoted. If there are issues, they are addressed head-on, with reasonable solutions.

Unlike many places, the intent of Management is to set you up for success.
relaxing yet stressful
assembly line (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: benifits, job security, weekly pay
Cons: different personalities, temperature control, management communication
As long as you can separate work from outside life your work production will be excellent. Just leave all the problems at the door.
productive,fun
Forklift Operator, Epoxy Applicator (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: no free nothing
Cons: 2 breaks, 30 minute lunch
i worked here 4 the Benefits,i i was 1 of the Forklift Drivers there this was the funnest Part of the Job
Good Pay Good Benifits
Generator tester/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: angry coworkers, and crazy angry management.
I worked for the Kohler Co. for almost 10 years and the last job i had before being laid off was the most fun i've had in a work place. I was a generator tester for the biggest generators they make. i would take fully assembled generators fill them with oil anti freeze hook up gas lines and attach load leads for the power output. once it was set up i would put it through a series of tests to make sure it would shut down in case of emergency/oil,antifreeze leaks. once done with that I would use a computer program to run load tests. the most enjoyable part of this job was working alone. kohler is a strange place and not that I'm anti social but it is better to just keep to yourself. In the years i worked there i worked in quite a few divisions and in almost every one i witnessed actual physical fights between coworkers.
nice
Supplier Quality Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 10, 2015
lots of good work to be done. I learned about every type of manufacturing in each of the different mediums. I would highly recommend for college students.
Amazing employer
CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY (Current Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, engaging atmosphere
Kohler Co. is a dynamic organization to work for. They have several business units available that provide a wide variety of career opportunities. They support continuing education and offer many courses on-site at the Kohler Learning facility located on the Kohler Co. campus. The benefits are amazing and it is fulfilling to work for a company that is devoted to their employees and wants everyone to succeed in their life and in their career.
Fun and fast paced work place
Golf Course Maintenance Crew Leader (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: occasional cookouts
Cons: some days are very long
There isn't a typical day at the course, which makes every day different and unique.
Lack of advancement
Foreman/Supervisor Plastics (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: switching shifts
I have learned a lot about payroll and different computer platforms SAP.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kohler Co.

When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products – Read more

Kohler Co. Salaries