Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 10, 2016
Very hard to move up in. People are easy to work with. Great job. Monday through Friday with weekends off. Good pay. Hard advancement. Big company to move up in
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks
The best at what they produce - a real sense of being part of something extraordinary
Senior Sales Executive - Kitchen & Bath Wholesale (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIOctober 15, 2016
Kohler is a fantastic company! Very innovative and the leader in their industry. Being a family run business has its pros and cons. There is a true sense of family among all Kohler employees, but action can sometimes be slow. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Best products on the market; sense of being part of something great
Cons
Can be slow to act; heavy focus on innovation sometimes leads to hasty launches
Great place to work.
Plastics Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work. Very family oriented. People are friendly. Flexible management and very open to new ideas. Lots of different positions to choose from.
Fun workplace.
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNNovember 8, 2016
I woke up everyday loving my job. I was always constantly busy, loved my coworkers, and had the same schedule basically everyday. I learned that I was able to do multiple things at the same time, and do them in a short time frame. The hardest part was making sure the metal wasn't scratched up or have any flaws. Working here overall was a good experience.
Pros
good work environment, breaks every two hours, and off on holidays.
Cons
trying to get a day off.
Great co-workers
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 13, 2017
The people I worked with have become life-long friends and that's about it. They pay is terrible, upper management treats you like garbage and they expect you to not have a life other than Kohler.
Work Anywhere But Here
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 22, 2016
This is the "Good 'Ol Boy" system. If you don't fit in, or don't go along with their egotistical ways of doing things, like sleeping on duty every night, or their "promote the worst possible applicant to be your boss because he has a deer lease", then you're going to hate every day you manage to keep your job. Let somebody get under your hard-working skin, some lazy smart-mouth, and you'll find yourself out on the street. Save yourself the trouble, just work somewhere else. They don't care about you, your family, nothing but themselves. Privately owned company so they can act that way.
Pros
Some cool co-workers
Cons
Everything else
One day in Kohler
Module Operator/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 15, 2016
I would start my day off stretching with the group of employees. After exercises we would work half our 12 hour shift we would take a 30 minute break. I would work through my break sometimes. When the breaks were finished we would work the other half of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard and tough group of people to work for
Great Pay
Faucets Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 1, 2016
Great pay, but they enroll you in the union without permition. Machines don't run well, and the number of units per day are to high. You get to chose if you want to do overtime. They change scedule to working all weekends except one a month without warning you cant get out of it. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Unreasonable work numbers
as an intern, things could have been worse
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Living in sheboygan is equivalent to living in Purgatory. if the idea of living in a dead town does not put you off, you will enjoy working at Kohler, after all your soul is already gone
Pros
people will respect your knowledge of toilets
Cons
you have a knowledge of toilets
hard work
Cast Iron Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 12, 2016
Very physically demanding work, but great people to work with. Management didn't care about the employees only about the bottom dollar. Anything to make a buck.
Very good
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 18, 2016
Great great great company. They treat their employees as well as they treat their customers, the benefits are phenomenal. Coworkers are kind and very helpful!
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 11, 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities for Advancement
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Kohler is an excellent company to work for as an Intern/Co-op. I was working in multiple different areas, met many wonderful people, and built a resume with outstanding skills to mention.
Incompetent
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 15, 2016
After 20 years in the spa industry by the far the worst environment I've ever experienced. Management is incompetent, only in place because they started out as kids and stayed. Backbiting encouraged and led by leads. No room for advancement at all. No life work balance and expected to work for minimum wage if you make anything at all. 5 stars are bought
Pros
Pretty spa
Productive Work Place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 22, 2016
It is a busy production company, I repair equipment and machinery that breakdown and do preventative maintenance on equipment. It is a friendly place to work with respectful management staff.
Awful Managment (Bullies)
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheridan ArkansasNovember 22, 2016
The management at the Arkansas facility bully their employees until the employee finally quits. Awful Accounting Manager.
Weekly Pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 20, 2017
Good Paying warehouse environment job, paying weekly. Very productive, uses a great variety of teamwork, rotates positions after every break.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
3rd shift
Engaging, positive workplace with a network of support for projects
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 31, 2016
Work begins very early in the Cast Iron Group, often around 4:30AM, and lasts until around 2PM.

There is a plethora of projects to undertake and many supporting engineers to help each other.

I would say the groups within the Cast Iron are more loosely defined, and each group is definitely invested in the success of each other's projects.

Cooperation and engineering around the human condition is the greatest challenge at the plant.
Good business to try and advance in
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 13, 2016
Good business to work for, never had a problem with the company, they helped me out to find a job again when the engines division layed me off, and workers train you well for whatever job you are asked to do.
Pros
Overtime hours, workers work together and get along with everyone
Cons
Hours cut, lay offs
challenging environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 12, 2016
I enjoyed the work, but it was with a union shop that was difficult to work with. I also took this job right out of college and wanted to get back to the Madison area, so I left for that reason, nothing to do with Kohler as a company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.