Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employer Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (through flex) (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 13, 2013
I have gotten to know many people from all three shifts and different departments. I have learned many things on Kohlers computer system and from other employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping up and making sure that all of the orders are compkete and correct.
Worst Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: very beautiful product
Cons: company culture, terrible pay structure, antiquated, unreliable database.
Very stressful, demanding job for little compensation.
Company does not value its people.
Upper management and HR lack transparency and integrity.
Kohler does very little to support Baker's or its sales peoples' success.
Wonderful Legacy Privately Held Wisconsin Company
Management Position (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 12, 2013
With many divisions and a global reach, Kohler Company offers a challenging work environment and many opportunities for career growth and expansion.
not a good place if you have a family
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2013
work is fast paced plant is very hot in summer 12 hour shifts with forced overtime.
how accomplish a good day at work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 16, 2013
kohler is a good companyto work for they had me doing different things,and i like working with peoples that like getting the job done. learn how to repair a sink something i never did in my life.the hardest part pulling sink off the line but i can tell you i got my job done.the most enjoyable thing is i accomplish my goal at the end of the day.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 14, 2013
I loved this job, and i believe Kohler Co. is one of the best employers in wisconsin, possibly the contry. It was unfortunate i had to be let go because of some uncontrolable absances, but if i weren't i believe i would have stayed for a long time, if not life.
Compensation does not match work put in
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 6, 2013
Pros: break room, good healthcare
Cons: poor compensation
Kohler is a great company for career advancement and new opportunities. However, you do not get fairly compensated for the amount of work and stress you put up with.
Interesting, fast paced office environment
Customer Service Agent II (CSA) (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: not working weekends and holidays
Cons: no comment
The position is never static. It is ever changing/evolving. I worked as a Hotline phone monitor, Order correspondent, Knowledge worker, Customer Service Agent II and Extranet Superuser. I created procedural documents and trained staff and customers. All considered part of my job. I traveled to various customer locations for training as well.
Even with – more... all of that I miss my co-workers much more than I miss my job. Many of them were there more than 20 years, and after 13 years they became a second family to me.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the ever changing management happy. It was always a personality competition; much more than office skills.
The most enjoyable part was the teamwork events. Meeting and working as a team to troubleshoot/problem solve, or create new procedures – less
Kohler was a good job they did everything according to the handbook.
Operator (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARJuly 9, 2013
I liked working for Kohler wouldn't mind going and work for them again.
Laid back very fun place to work at
Packware hauler (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJuly 2, 2013
Pros: everything about kohler
Cons: too many lay off's
I liked working for the Kohler Co. I hated to leave, but due to the cut backs I was next in line to be laid off. If I had the chance to go back I would. The work enviorment was one of the best. No matter what department you went into you always heard laughter. That is a job worth having for the rest of your life.
Not a bad job for someone single with no kids
Anodize Operatior (Former Employee), Union City, TNJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay rate, insurance, morale
Cons: constantly changing work schedule, very hot in the summer
Back then I worked 3rd shift, it was the only way to get hired. Working in anodize was a physical job when racking/unracking the metal for shower doors. The catwalk was somewhat physical, more mental. We rotated managers, and I got along with all of them just fine. I learned how to think on my feet doing this job.
best job i ever had
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJune 10, 2013
Pros: lots of autonomy to do whats right
Cons: old facilities, in cold climate
a little behind the times but that gives you lots of technical things to work on and improve, not too much big corp BS
Versatile work shifts
Operator of presses (Former Employee), Union City, TNMay 29, 2013
Fast-paced team work environment with job training available. Managers available for assistance. Hot temperatures with gator aid available. I learned to multi-task machinery.
Great Company
Sales (Current Employee), Kohler, WIMay 2, 2013
Kohler is a great company to work for. If you have the opportunity to work there, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well. You will learn a lot, and be challenged.
A day in the life of a CCR I
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 24, 2013
Pros: rewarded through merit compensation
Cons: having complete day planned out for the associate
Working at Kohler Company allowed my learn learn about Supply Chain and Inventory. The upselling of products was very beneficial because not ony did I learn how to sell, but I was taught the importance of product knowledge. The company also taught me the inportance of exceptional customer service.
A typical day at work includes answering the phones – more... and dealing with the customers in sometimes a frustrating point. It taight me emotional control with the customer and how to control the call.
The hardest part of the day would be dealing with the customer that no longer wants to hear what you have to say. But the skills that the company teaches you helps to control the "no so satisfied" customer. – less
Kiln Operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 19, 2013
Pros: chance for to advance
6 pm. to 6 am. learned kiln operating warehouse operations co-workers were willing to help with if needed
big company but less growth
-- (Former Employee), --April 18, 2013
Pros: big company
Cons: less growth
big company but less growth; management could be better. some people are really hardworking...
Kohler is a great company to get a start in Marketing, but is not necessarily a place to stay for the long-term
Associate Product Manager - Bathing Products (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 9, 2013
Kohler is a well run company with good company value and an emphasis on work-life balance. The only problem is that their compensation is lower than other companies.
Behind times/ need new and fresh employees
intern (Former Employee), kohler, wiApril 6, 2013
The company lacks new innovation and constantly cuts benefits due to the lack of keeping up to date. They also have frequent layoffs and weak morale. Overall they are subpar and do not make strategic or proactive adjustments and their employees pay for it.
Great Environment, Great people
Assembler, Packer, Set Up, Material Handler (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 3, 2013
Pros: great pay, lots of overtime, good people
Cons: the only thing i didn't like was the flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.
I liked working in the DC building. Great people, I got along with everyone. Everyone had a great sense of humor. Great foreman.
Kohler is the nicest place I ever worked. It wasn't just a job.

The only thing I didn't like was the Flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.

Great starting – more... pay. Lots of overtime. – less

May 29, 2014

The 2nd best assignment I had was working at Kohler Generator, building electronic components and harnesses. I want to go back. There was the same great work atmosphere too, friendly and lots of laughing.

About Kohler Co.

When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products – Read more