Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employer Reviews

Kiln Operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 19, 2013
Pros: chance for to advance
6 pm. to 6 am. learned kiln operating warehouse operations co-workers were willing to help with if needed
big company but less growth
-- (Former Employee), --April 18, 2013
Pros: big company
Cons: less growth
big company but less growth; management could be better. some people are really hardworking...
Kohler is a great company to get a start in Marketing, but is not necessarily a place to stay for the long-term
Associate Product Manager - Bathing Products (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 9, 2013
Kohler is a well run company with good company value and an emphasis on work-life balance. The only problem is that their compensation is lower than other companies.
Behind times/ need new and fresh employees
intern (Former Employee), kohler, wiApril 6, 2013
The company lacks new innovation and constantly cuts benefits due to the lack of keeping up to date. They also have frequent layoffs and weak morale. Overall they are subpar and do not make strategic or proactive adjustments and their employees pay for it.
Great Environment, Great people
Assembler, Packer, Set Up, Material Handler (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 3, 2013
Pros: great pay, lots of overtime, good people
Cons: the only thing i didn't like was the flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.
I liked working in the DC building. Great people, I got along with everyone. Everyone had a great sense of humor. Great foreman.
Kohler is the nicest place I ever worked. It wasn't just a job.

The only thing I didn't like was the Flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.

Great starting – more... pay. Lots of overtime. – less

18p47cjv95n8gdmq – May 29, 2014

The 2nd best assignment I had was working at Kohler Generator, building electronic components and harnesses. I want to go back. There was the same great work atmosphere too, friendly and lots of laughing.

Ability to advance at Kohler
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, ability to advance.
Cons: constant pressure from management.
At Kohler, you knew what was expected of you & could plan your work schedule, complete the work & have free time if needed once work was completed. I liked Kohler because I could prove my skills & able to advance based on my performance. I didn't become stagnant. Work wasn't dull or boring.
Co-workers snobby,pretentious, arrogant, very unfriendly and hard to get to get acquainted with.
Hospitality Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Kohler, WIMarch 15, 2013
Pros: free salad bar, free coffee/soup everyday, birthday treats.you could earn hospitality bucks to spend within the company.
Cons: extremely rude co-workers, management, unsafe chairs/chair pad, at times employees would have to park their cars quite far away from their work environment, then would have to walk in the dark to get their vehicles, quite risky and dangerous.
Management sides with the employee causing the problem not with the victim.Co-workers were rude, snobby, and pretentious.I learned that I never, ever want to work for the Kohler Co. ever again!!
I don't understand how or why The American Club is rated a 5 star hotel when you have to take a shuttle to get to anything, hardly anything is within walking – more... distance!!The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving to go home,the position I had was very dull and boring, sometimes I found myself falling asleep at my desk,first time I ever had that at a job!!! – less
Great family owned company to work for!
Sr. Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Kohler, WIMarch 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, family orientates
Cons: pays in the 50th percentile; which in turn can be low compared to other companies
As Sheboygan's largest company who's known by most as a plumbing manufacturer, Kohler is a challenging and fun place to work. Besides plumbing Kohler manufacturers Power Systems, Furniture, tile, and provides gracious service at it's two 5 diamond hotels.

In the 10 years I've been working for Kohler I've learned so much about the workings of the company – more... in many forms. The processes and procedures I've learned has allowed me to apply my schooling to help increase revenue and customer loyalty. – less
General Laborer (Former Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: could get pretty dirty once in a while but not bad
Typical work day was 8 to 10 hrs. a day. I learned how to work with pepole and different shifts. My foreman were very helpfull and good pepole hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat,but even that was not bad.The enjoyable part was working with different pepole.
If you like getting screwed
laborer (Former Employee), KohlerFebruary 20, 2013
When I worked there all we got was minimum wage and we had no water and bathroom facilities. No kidding.
secure job
pressure cast operator (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great pay and lots of overtime
Cons: must be ready to work hard everyday
Productive and a hard working job. My co-workers work really hard and at the end of the day you feel really good about getting the job done. Knowing that you have a secure job and good benefits for your family makes for a great work enviroment.
Professional and Friendly on all levels
Server (Current Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: excellent employee relationships
My past employment has taught me many things. As a server, I was expected to handle myself professionally and maintain excellent relationships with customers during every shift. It was honestly a pleasure working for Kohler Co. I've never had more supportive managers or coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the people I met and still – more... remain good friends with (coworkers and customers). – less
Kohler Plastics as a Manpower Employee
(Manpower), Operator (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: plenty of overtime available, you know your schedule for the entire year in advance
Cons: pay raises are few and far between, and there isn't a lot of opportunity for growth
At the plastics plant your day starts at 5:48a.m. or p.m. depending upon your shift. Each shift is 12 hours long.
The supervisor assigns your lines for the day. One side is components the other is toilet seats. Either side can be a challenge or very simple. You more than likely won't be on the same line two days in a row.
The supervisors are completely – more... different on all four shifts (Red 1, Red 2, Blue 1 and Blue 2) Blue supervisors are the more laid back and easy going supervisors. Red supervisors are the opposites entirely.
I get enjoy my co-workers on Blue shift. We all get along pretty well. Almost like a family.
The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 12 hours.
The most enjoyable part is well the pay check. – less
Core Conveyer Worker (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 13, 2013
It was fun working there. I had a good time in the foundary. I liked the work and the hours werent that bad. But there were no benifets.
Good learning experience
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great training on sales and computers strong upper management
Cons: weak middle management
Good company but needs more diversification. Trained very well on sales techniques to computer skills
Production
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARNovember 28, 2012
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: little room for advancement
Kohler is a decent company to work for. I have work here for seven years. Along the way I have had some good and bad experiences. I have learned a lot of useful information since I have been employeed at Kohler Company.
Like working at Kohler because of my day schedule. Steady work and liked my assigned job. Have benefits however did not like the new policy available.
Trucker Loader/Recieving (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXNovember 22, 2012
Pros: benefits/pay
Cons: better coverage on insurance
Steady work and benifits
Good Hours
Liked what I do
Challenging work place
Majority of co-workers are good to work with.
Kohler Company is a $4.5 billion dollar manufacturer of plumbing fixtures and faucets with 25,000 employees
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: excellent sales manager
Sold to wholesale distributors, plumbing contractors, builders, and big-box retailers.
• Trained new sales representatives and developed sales strategies to build pull-through demand.
• Increased LA county market share by 5.5% during my tenure.
• Won 2 “Salesperson Of The Year Awards.”
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHNovember 8, 2012
Overall good company with great products. Easy to stand behind products, but not for every customer. High quality for a high price.
Kohler is used to being the only fish...and it shows in how they treat their employees
Former Non Exempt Office Employee (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 31, 2012
Pros: medical clinic on site, free flu shots
Cons: culture, pay, benefits, work load, work/life balance
Kohler Company struggles to provide decent pay for good employees. When I worked there, we were told that one of the biggest struggles is hiring the A level people and only being able to pay B or C level salaries. If you are selected to be on the fast track right away, you can have a great career. However, most people are not on that track. In addition, – more... upper management encourages their exempt employees NOT to interact with their non exempt employees. In management's opinion, NE workers are not trust worthy and need to be with the company a year before they are allowed to have paid sick days and vacation time. – less

About Kohler Co.

When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products – Read more