Kohler Co. Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed my short time there
HR Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 4, 2015
I was not at KPS very long, but I highly enjoyed working with everyone from all departments, it had a good culture, competitive pay, and was a great company to work for
Dead end job
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  BristolAugust 13, 2015
At work we would make frames for vanities. I would be told a size in inches to make and proceed to do so. I learned how to use drill bits and how to use staple guns. The management was horrible and very unorganized. My co workers seemed to be miserable at all times. The hardest part of the job was me trying to find more work to do to make time go faster.
Pros
Consistant hours.
Cons
Pay and managment.
Amazing employer
CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 8, 2015
Kohler Co. is a dynamic organization to work for. They have several business units available that provide a wide variety of career opportunities. They support continuing education and offer many courses on-site at the Kohler Learning facility located on the Kohler Co. campus. The benefits are amazing and it is fulfilling to work for a company that is devoted to their employees and wants everyone to succeed in their life and in their career.
Pros
great benefits, engaging atmosphere
relaxing yet stressful
assembly line (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARJanuary 30, 2015
As long as you can separate work from outside life your work production will be excellent. Just leave all the problems at the door.
Pros
benifits, job security, weekly pay
Cons
different personalities, temperature control, management communication
Productive workplace
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  hattiesburg, msDecember 19, 2014
I really liked my job there. It was a fast paced environment. There is a fair amount of physical labor required. Management was moving in the right direction. I didn't like how they had me take a lot of classes in order for me to get a raise and when I took every class they offered, I didn't get a raise.
Still in the endentured servant mentality
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 22, 2015
Little concern for employees, poor training, dirty jobs,low pay for what they asked you to do.You can be easily thrown under the bus.Dont let the well manicured etxerior fool you.
Pros
a steady pay check
Cons
Poorly managed
Great Employers
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 8, 2016
Fantastic people to work for and children to work with. Time with them was enjoyable and children behave and are well-mannered.
Kohler Plastics as a Manpower Employee
(Manpower), Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARFebruary 8, 2013
At the plastics plant your day starts at 5:48a.m. or p.m. depending upon your shift. Each shift is 12 hours long.
The supervisor assigns your lines for the day. One side is components the other is toilet seats. Either side can be a challenge or very simple. You more than likely won't be on the same line two days in a row.
The supervisors are completely different on all four shifts (Red 1, Red 2, Blue 1 and Blue 2) Blue supervisors are the more laid back and easy going supervisors. Red supervisors are the opposites entirely.
I get enjoy my co-workers on Blue shift. We all get along pretty well. Almost like a family.
The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 12 hours.
The most enjoyable part is well the pay check.
Pros
plenty of overtime available, you know your schedule for the entire year in advance
Cons
pay raises are few and far between, and there isn't a lot of opportunity for growth
Pay is conpetitive with good benifits
Production Foreman (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 24, 2015
Work is enjoyable. The company has a good training program. Management is friendly and helpful. Co-workers help each other and have strong bonds of friendship. The hardest part of the job is the the plant is not climate controlled.
Fun family oriented company with good benefits
Storeroom Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXApril 4, 2015
Very supportive of their employees dealing with major illness or disability. Good benefit program with 401K and retirement benefits. Fair opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Downsizing
Will never go back
Various Hospitality and Housekeeping Duties (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 24, 2015
The only upside of the job was that no matter how long I was gone at school, they always let me come back and work weekends, holiday breaks and summer vacations.
Proud Position at Kohler Waters Spa
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 27, 2012
Kohler is the ultimate place to learn exceptional customer service. Not only were guests amazed by our graciousness so were other local businesses who visited during the 2012 Sheboygan County Chamber Event held at the Kohler Waters Spa. Everyone worked as a team to provide our guests with outrageous customer service which in return earned us our 5th Star Forbes Rating for the year 2011. Being part of the Kohler Hospitality team will definitely give anyone a sense of pride in their work. However, if you're not willing to put your career ahead of your family, Kohler Hospitality isn't a place for long term commitment.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
balance between personal life and work
productive and hard work, but still fun to make something with your own hands.
caster (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2015
productive, and hard work. you do most of the work with hands. they use liquid clay to form comodes and sinks.pour that into a mode, and it forms whatever piece you are making .drain the exces off, and piece it together.the hard part where the heavy modes. I learned that table plates and comodes are made of clay.the fun part is to watch it all come together from the begining to end.the co workers made it a fun place somedays.
Pros
bonus weekly
Cons
healthcare
Stressful and low engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIFebruary 25, 2015
If you like to be micromanaged then this is the job for you. Plan to be stressed out to the max and be prepared for the management team to just continue piling more on to meet their metrics. The engagement of the department has gone down considerably in the last year due to the lack of a strong management team - not to mention they are again recruiting for another department manager after just 2 years. The co-workers are wonderful people, but the job is fast paced and intense. The turn-over is also very high so chances of gaining full time employment within the department will be very low and it is very hard to advance after you become a regular CSR. Breaks are offered, but they are rarely taken. Good luck!
Pros
co-workers are wonderful people
Cons
inexperienced supervisors, lack of engagement, micromanaged
Worst Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Very stressful, demanding job for little compensation.
Company does not value its people.
Upper management and HR lack transparency and integrity.
Kohler does very little to support Baker's or its sales peoples' success.
Pros
very beautiful product
Cons
company culture, terrible pay structure, antiquated, unreliable database.
Great history of providing an exceptional product to a wide-ranging customer base
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 17, 2015
Consistant work to improve all aspects of the manufacturing process. Adept at problem solving and management techniques designed to maximize worker interactions.
Take pride in your work
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 13, 2012
If you are willing to work hard, Kohler is a great place. Work stations are clean, management is very helpful, and employees are recognized for their work and pride.
If you like being organized, this is a great workplace.
Pros
great communications, strong employee culture
Cons
pay cap at $11, strict scheduling
Good Pay Good Benifits
Generator tester/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 20, 2015
I worked for the Kohler Co. for almost 10 years and the last job i had before being laid off was the most fun i've had in a work place. I was a generator tester for the biggest generators they make. i would take fully assembled generators fill them with oil anti freeze hook up gas lines and attach load leads for the power output. once it was set up i would put it through a series of tests to make sure it would shut down in case of emergency/oil,antifreeze leaks. once done with that I would use a computer program to run load tests. the most enjoyable part of this job was working alone. kohler is a strange place and not that I'm anti social but it is better to just keep to yourself. In the years i worked there i worked in quite a few divisions and in almost every one i witnessed actual physical fights between coworkers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
angry coworkers, and crazy angry management.
Good workplace
Mold Cleaner / Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 10, 2015
my typical day starts off cleaning molds.Nice workplace,good workflow.Co-workers well experienced,good training.I learned alot from them.Management was very understanding.I liked the schudule.The hardest part is,It was non climate control.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Non climate control
Great employees, staff, and upper level management.
Contract Employee MRO and SAP (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 24, 2012
Great group of employees, both salary and hourly. Excellent management. Only negative was the corporate control over Purchasing. Potential cost reductions submitted at the plant level seemed to "die" at corporate. Could have made a difference on some shower door SKUs lost at Lowes to China.
Pros
excellent employee conditions, many catered lunches, t shirts, plant improvements.
Cons
too tightly tied to corporate which killed many cost reductions.