Koi Auto Parts Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston W.V.May 24, 2015
Great place to work, fun enviroment, great people, understanding management, Over all one of the best employment experience I've had. I really miss the people I worked with. It is a shame the company packed up and left W.V.
Pros
Fast pace, great people
Cons
low wage
Simple Job, Low Pay, No Advancement
Floor Leader / New Returns Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Simple straightforward work. Low pay. Essentially zero options for job advancement or pay increase. Nice managers.

The day to day work consists of clocking in, walking around a dusty warehouse counting parts and printing labels. Checking things on the computer to find out details about a part's history and inventory distribution among stores is a more advanced activity for managers. Good communication with people at one of 100+ retail store location is an invaluable skill there. There is a very male-dominated culture where talking about the NFL and things of that nature will garner brownie points and propel you further than another worker of equal or sometimes lesser skill because it will get you into a good position to discuss more important topics with managers. They are very forgiving about attendance issues once you have been there working hard for about six months, but what little advancement potential you have will dry up after that due to poor attendance in the eyes of the COO.
Pros
easy, forgiving managers
Cons
low pay, no advancement
productive fun place
Auto Parts Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2014
a typical work day was productive and fun. i really learned a lot about the company. there were no hard parts but the most enjoyable parts were working for the company in general.
Pros
there was always work to do
Cons
the uncleaness of the employees break room
not enough work in bookkeeping
Bookkeeper / Payroll HR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2013
file customer receipts, open mail and process both mail and lock box payments, answer phones

Payroll,
Processed time cards, entered hours for both salaried and hourly employees, balanced and submitted to payroll company. Handled health insurance and ESOP and 401k entries. Entered new employee information and processed worker comp claims
Pros
free coffee / discount on employee purchases
Cons
management lacking fairness
pulling orders was a slow job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2013
the work was alright but it was a slow process..the equiptment was old and out of date(computer/printers)
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard to get advancements
You can learn a lot about automotive.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJune 28, 2013
Numerous phone calls, numerous customers. Makes for a very busy but active day.

I learned a lot about auto repair from some really great people.

Management was good. No complaints.

Co workers were good too.

Hardest part of the job for me at the time was the hours. I worked at least 10 to 12 hour days and only off 2 days a month.

The business was the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
gain tons of knowledge.
Cons
pay is not great at all! benefits werent great either.
A nice group of people to work with. Spent a lot of time on the road
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 22, 2013
Most of my time was spent on the road calling on customers. I had about 50 dealerships that I called on. I got along well with my co-workers and supervisors. Changes made by General Motors in regards to our A/C Delco sales cost us about 60 to 70 per cent of our business.
Pros
enjoyed the work environment and customer base.
Cons
a lot of time on the road.
fast paced, time flew by, great people
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2012
Definetly a stay on your toes job, fast pace enviroment. Co-workers are helpful and resourceful. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
people, work
Cons
pay
It was and easy job
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYAugust 21, 2012
I really enjoyed this job, but was let go for needing knee surgery. A typical day was answering the phone and talking to customers, preparing cores and defects to be returned to the warehouse. I really didn't learn anything while there, because it was so much similar to my previous employment
Pros
close to home, enjoyed talking to customers
Cons
was let go for needing surgery
Relaxing and laid.back.company
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJune 20, 2012
The office manager would work with life schedules and was very understanding. Everyone got along and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. The work was easy once you understood the system and I learned a great deal while I was with this company.
Fast Pace, accurate detail to numbers, detail oriented.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2012
Koi was another learning experience fast pace with many opportunities for advancement but difficult to succeed. I was happy to be employed the job kept me busy and that is what i like most about employment.