KOINONIA HOMES Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Pleasant place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 6, 2016
Great team work and co-workers, Easy going and understanding supervisor. All trainings were great and very helpful and informational. Enjoy all consumers and helping making their day enjoyable
Learning experience
Community Instructor (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work could be anything from a wonderful day to a horrible day. When dealing with people with developmental disabilities you never know what the day could bring. I enjoy seeing the excitement and joy on the faces of my individuals when they have learned something new. Your patience is tested daily when working in this field. In this position you are allowed to be very creative. The only backslide is does your individual want to learn or not. The supervisors and your coworkers are open to any suggestions you may bring to the table.
Pros
Out in the community, company cars
Cons
No breaks
Typical
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Has good and bad parts like any job. Most rewarding part is when working with the individuals. Seeing the smile on their faces makes you forget about the bad parts (for the most part).
Productive Environment, Fun Staff
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 21, 2016
Typical work day is busy but fulfilling. Working with clients is challenging but I have formed friendships with them all.
Great place to work.
Direct Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 5, 2015
Working for Koinonia Homes was very rewarding.I've always had a Passion to be able to help individuals with special needs and being a Direct Care Specialist gave me the Opportunity to Grow and reach out to the Community to become self Employed .meeting people from all walks of life and being involved with their welfare.
Pros
The ability to gain trust and companionship.
Cons
The loss of someone that I truly cared for.
okay work
DSP (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at work consist of multi tasking and interactions with individuals we were not just staff we were companions, teachers family. Keeping the house clean taking them to doctor appointments faxing prescriptions proving medication at correct time correct amount and to the correct individual. My co- workers were great teachers with high spirits. The hardest part of the jobs was keeping up with the frequent changes. the most enjoyable part was the experience.
Pros
great experience in general
Cons
the frequent changes
helping others to become independent is a great feeling.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 15, 2014
Working in a day habitation setting goes fast, every day is a different day. Being prepared for any and everything is a great balance for work. I've learned to stay persist and to never give up. The management listens to our feedback and takes it in to consideration, some times it doesn't feel as if they are completely behind us. The co-workers are great, teamwork is the only way it will work. The hardest part is to know to never get to attached to an individual. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your helping others to become as independent as possible to make it on their own.
Pros
watching people grow and get better with your help.
Cons
no breaks
over worked under paid
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 30, 2013
no support for employees... Stressful work environment. High employee turn over
Pros
can move up in the company
Cons
no support from management
High turn over
Driver (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 11, 2014
There was alot of turn over when I was employed there. Management did not seem to care about being over worked.
good company to work for..beware of some of the employees
Assist I.DD Individuals (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 31, 2012
Good company to work for...just need to increase the pay rate a little bit
take vitals and pass meds
dsp (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 15, 2013
take vitals and pass meds, assist and prep meal take to doctors appointments, documentation on computer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KOINONIA HOMES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6