Koinonia Employee Reviews in United States

A learning thing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 24, 2015
Work with kids that has been hurt it was hard at first now it easy because I learn how be a better person. In work with kids that been hurt management is different from a job that have stand all day because you have to be one on one with child to get him/her to truth you more. My co-workers is my parents. The hardest part of the job is makinf sure the child need is met at all time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make sure that the chlid is happy and love.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Don't wast you time.
DSP (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn HtsMay 22, 2014
Koinonia was a wast of time for my career path. No support from supervisors or managers. I see why they are understaffed, the quality of supervisors are substandard. Individuals are aloud to steal your stuff, spit on you, hit or kick you and say anything too you, as long as the rules benefits Koinonia they will bend them. You are under paid and over worked. Their annual reviews are inconsistent as the supervisors, They will find every reason not to give you a deserving raise. This place has no foundation for growth. I truly feel the individuals are taken advantage of, they are placed in classroom setting like a learning institution and most can't recognize their own name, this is simply a day care for adults.
Pros
8 straight hours
team Work makes our dream work
DSP (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2014
Independent living and teaching is what we do for our clients that has been diagnosed with a disability. I assist with chores and household tasks. I teach how to properly brush dentures as well as assisting my team leader. i organize outings and the activity calendar. Koinonia is really big on team work so i try my best to lead by example.