Komatsu

Komatsu Employer Reviews

Ok Place To Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newberry, SCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: some friendly people
Cons: temp employment, lazy supervisors
I liked it here because of some of the people I worked with, but other then that I wouldn't recommend someone to work there because for one they hire temps and don't expect to get hurt in a place where there is danger every where. They have people Supervising you that don't know where things are in the Warehouse, someone who doesn't give you all the – more... things you need to be successful at your job. – less
Great people that produce and support an exceptional product
Production Scheduler (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, vacation, and great benefits
Cons: industry is up and down
Fast paced environment where I am learning new tasks daily. Hardest part of job is balancing 3-4 different departments on a daily basis while working 2nd shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to efficiently provide parts and services in a timely manner to supervisors/employees on the shop floor so they can produce a flawless product.
had been the manager and expert of the different types of construction devices
mechanic dozer loader komatsu (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2014
Wa90.wa120,wa300,wa50,wa70,wa400,wa700,wa800,wa500,wa600,d355,d155
Comenz generator motors
Loader 488b
Caterpillar
as a temporary you are always worried about being laid off
Welder (Former Employee), chattanooga, tennesseeJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good, clean working environment.
Cons: job security
its a great place to work, but not as a temporary. very capable of getting alot of overtime hours and you have the opportunity to make some decent money but unless you are a permanent employee, you will always feel expendable. because you are.
Great compensation for work performed
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: compensatin and benefits
Cons: living in motel's
Great company to work for, great compensation and benefits. The hardest part of the job is being away from home and being in motel's.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great chrismas party
Very clean place to work.

Company is good to the employees.
Large discount for lunch in breakroom.
Great benefit package and great place to work.
Sandblaster/Painter Helper, Sandblaster (Former Employee), Peoria, IllinoisNovember 13, 2013
I loved what I did here and the pay was great! The only downfall to this job are the lay-offs.
Productive and safety oriented.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime when you did not want it
Fast paced work place. Safety oriented. Poor management and not so family friendly. Enjoyed the union brothers that i worked with.
nice safe place to work
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Newberry, SCSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch
it was a great place to work saftey is everything there management can have some upgades they tend to do some stuff backwards
Good Paying Job
Tech II (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 4, 2013
Pros: easy to move up the pay scale
Cons: office management didn't seem to care about what went on in the factory as long you made them money!
Some members of the management team turned a blind eye to things going on in the factory. There was harassment of employees by other employees and nothing was ever done about it. Team leaders would curse employees and office management never did anything about that. The pay was great and that was the only reason I stayed there.
Improvement is needed
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 3, 2013
Pros: no pressure to get things done.
Cons: a lack of a sense of urgency.
The company lacks a lot of diversity I have been there 8 years and no chance to move up.
the work is ok and also the workplace
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), pomansburgFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: internal trainings
Cons: good
At work me,my co-workers and the management, we are ok ,we work as a team and the environment is also ok , the only problem is the foreman gives you a job then he don't provide you with the parts.how are you going to do the job?
Doing QA Inspecting was a challenge. Some of the forklifts had more problems and had to be sent back to the main production line.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Covington, GAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: it was a steady income, and a job i enjoyed doing.
Cons: company closing.
Komatsu' was a good place to work. My job had its challenges. Some of the repaires I was able to do, but some were sent back to the line. Sometimes management would allow the forklift to go out against my better judgement. I did my jod and I did it to the best of my abilities.

My co-workers and myself got along well, and we would help each other out – more... when ever it was needed. – less
Fun workplace
Secretarial/assistant errands (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: working at spirit halloween
Cons: leaving spirit halloween
Cleaning, customer service, operating register, stocking merchandise. I learned how to set up and take down displays. The management there was wonderful everyone including the employees were all very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part was leaving when the halloween season was over. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work there.
The Company let an employee work at his Maximum Capabilities
Area Field Manager (Former Employee), . Seattle,, Ely, NV. Boston,, San FranciscoSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: freedom to manage the job, with no direct supervision
Cons: too many nights away from home
Over half of my Career with the company, I worked/lived away from the home office, living in Seattle, San Francisco, three times, Ely, NV,Boston, Mass.
I kept in close contact with the dealers and the problems with the machines at the various customers.
With Company Car, traveled to Dealers and to customer construction or mine site, to aid in the correction – more... of the problem, working with the factory -engineering, for improved parts.
Several years, I flew my airplane, to the construction sites and to the mines landing strips, to aid in correcting equipment problems.
Those days, I was off the ground at home base in Concord, Ca at 7 AM,Monday, at mine site 700 miles away at 10 AM,might be there till 1PM, fly to another Mines strip, be there till about an hour before dark, then fly to a city, to spend the night. During the week, visit other Mine sites, Ely, NV,,Tonaph, NV, Apple Valley, CA &San Diego, arriving back in Concord around 9 PM
In Winter BAD Weather, Flew Commercailly to Elko, NV. pickup a car and drive to various mines all week, then Friday afternoon, fly commercailly back to Oakland, CA, wife would pick me up at airport.
Several Years, I travelled many mines around the world, usually those were 2-3 week trips.
Equipment was sold in China, those visits would be 6 weeks, teaching the Chinese how to operate and support the mining trucks. The Chinese, provided housing? and I proviided my food. – less
international company
deiesel mechanic (Former Employee), S.A jhbDecember 10, 2013
New machines to learn, the management looked whell after us.

The hardest part of the job was when the strike was over i had to look for a nother job.
Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter (Former Employee), Welshpool,perthNovember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours
good place to work except for long hours. Establish company where you can use your skills and knowledge
ideal job, great work-life balance, enjoyable work environment, job sercurity is the only issue
Yardsman / Assembler (Current Employee), Mount ThorleyJanuary 9, 2013
* Duties vary day-to-day. These include maintaining a clean and safe yard, stock control, assisting fitter and boilermakers as required, implementing procedures to improve systems, supporting the purchasing officer, etc
* learnt about parts and assembly of various heavy machinery, indirectly learnt management skills
* able to delegate and direct others – more... to provide an efficient outcome
* work well with the team
* uncertainty of the current market / job sercurity
* satisfaction at the end of a project knowing that is has been completed to the highest standard we can provide

***Please refer to my resume attached for more detail.*** – less
not a pleasant place to work
general operative (Former Employee), birtley, county durhamSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: poor management
management were not bothered about raised levels of stress due to increased workload, co workers were great
EN BUSCA DE MEJORAS SALARIALES
encargado de pañol (Former Employee), encargado de pañolJune 17, 2012
bueno , la verdad el ambiente laboral bueno hay diferencias como en todos lados el unico detalle por el cual busco otra fuente de trabajo es porque valoren el trabajo la parte monetaria y expectativas de crecimiento.

ME CONSIDERO UNA PERSONA MUY CORRECTA DE UNA SOLA LINEA ME CARGAN LAS INJUSTICIAS.

1 2 3

About Komatsu

You would need a very big sandbox to play with Komatsu America's dump trucks and dozers. The company, a subsidiary of Japanese – Read more