Komatsu Employee Reviews

Overall A good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCFebruary 21, 2018
Most Management are great but a few bad apples in the bunch
they tend to promote with the buddy system not by merit.
Over all its a good place to work
good manufacturing company
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2018
good place to work with good benefit package. Good relationship with union and management. One of the few jobs in the area where you can make a career of the job.
Review of IT Department
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Working at komatsu for about a year and it is okay. It is a pit stop for a better career down the road. Internal proceidres are clunky and overwhelming. Not good with their finances or employee structure. Needs improvement
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Career Advancement
unorganized
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2018
getting organized was playing a catch up game....vendors were unhappy, stress came out,
people did not get along, work was plenty when got to it!!
no management, did not know what they wanted or not wanted.
It's not really a bad place it's just not that fun anymore
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCJanuary 18, 2018
I've been working at komatsu for seven years, and i have seen alot. It's not really a bad place to work for,it just seems like things are being managed the wrong way.
Pros
They paid for half of our lunch
Cons
We have two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break
Good Culture, Lean
Test Engineer, Research and Development (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 9, 2018
Good Culture, little room for advancement at remote sights. Lean is a reality, not just a buzzword. There is a bit of a wall between the parent company and the U.S. operations.
Great company
Mechanic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 24, 2017
Gave me 15 years of great employment and I retired from there with no complaints. It’s a great company where you can make a competitive wage. You start out well and move up if wanted
Employee's are great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCDecember 19, 2017
A typical work day consist of 4 to 7 wheel loaders being built in 10 to 12 hours. Learn how to build heavy equipment with great people. The work place culture is safety first always. The hardest part of the job was trying to get production with out the parts to build.
Pros
Good people on the floor
Cons
poor management
Great Company
Regional Parts Marketing Manager - CE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
Good work ethics at KAC . Excellent professionals in Komatsu America with great respect towards all workers . Active search of new sales opportunities and management support.
Loveable job.
Painter (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 13, 2017
At Komatsu was a new start up job. Had classes to train you. Worked for a Japanese company that treated their employees right. Working with co-workers was good.
Pros
good money, unlimited overtime
Great place (for some)
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2017
Raises and promotions are based on who you're friends with; there are ZERO minorities in the managerial office.

Mgmt makes decisions based on friendship (race).
Cons
No coffee, no bonus, no compassion, no minority advancement
Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work.
Good Atmosphere.
Fun at work.
Entertainment and lot many things with colleagues.
Friday fun activities.
Scope of learning
Trainings
Pros
Snacks
Very fun to work here
Accounting Assistant, Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2017
Very fun to work here, it is really indeed. I left the company because I found a better opportunity but otherwise, I would have stayed. Life goes on!!
I currently work there as a assembler and i love it.. Great people lots to learn and people willing to teach.. Excellent management... Good enviorment
Mechanic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 14, 2017
Great job people management.. Very blessed to have this opportunity... They guys are like family.. They stick together... Brothers to the fullest. Great place..
Cons
Decent people to work with
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Good people doing work. Lots of turnover through the downturn and manufacturing is limited due to closure of plants. Seems really busy now but nobody seems to think it will last.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Very poor management
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 17, 2017
The only way to survive the Komatsu culture is to become the boss's favorite or friend. There is a lot of favoritism from lower management to upper management. It does not matter how good you are at your job or how many hours you donate (everyone is on salary) you will not be able to advance if you are not a "favorite" of the boss.

You are never allowed to disagree with management. After over ten years of being a Komatsu employee I was forced to make a choice of being fired or retire. I chose an early retirement. After I chose retirement they had to hire two employees to replace me.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Different work standards for employees, There are "Komatsu Elite and Komatsu Non-Elite" employees, Almost everyone is on salary. The "Non-Elite" are requred to donate their time without compensation.
A good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at komatsu although it was stressful at times but I take my job seriously and do the best I can possibly do. I've always went above and beyond of what I was required to do. The managers were great and the environment was awesome. I learned a lot about computers in my 23 years there.
The opportunity came available for retiring and I took advantage of it. I really miss komatsu and at times I wish I had stayed. The employees were like my family.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No heat or air conditioning
Great company
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  108 Industrial Rd. Ripley, Tn. 38063August 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Komatsu. The easy flow of driving to and from the warehouse locations for shipping of the products was great. I worked as the clerk
Good workplace
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCAugust 18, 2017
Good learning experience and manufacturing environment. Adapting to culture can be a challenge, but you learn a lot. Great people and good atmosphere to work in.
Poor Managment
Sr. Domestic & International Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2017
I worked hard everyday, rarely called in sick... once my 1 year contract was up they let me go. It was very upsetting I loved my job there and could have seen myself staying there until retirement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.